2,046 accounts banned for third-party currency transactions

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • 2,046 accounts banned for third-party currency transactions

      Hi everyone,

      Today we have banned over 2,000 accounts for involvement in third-party currency transactions. This is against our Terms and Conditions and the relevant section is quoted below:

      4.5.1 Users are prohibited from selling, purchasing, renting, leasing, offering, accepting, disseminating or copying Virtual Benefits, including Virtual Currency, within and/or outside the Game - in whatever form – to/from third parties unless expressly permitted by these Terms and Conditions or the Game Rules. [...]

      The silver acquired from these sellers is fraudulently obtained and is usually purchased with Gold using stolen credit card or other payment information. As a result, once discovered, these payments are charged back - and we, as the merchant, are also hit with a chargeback fee. Buying from these third party sellers actively hurts SBI and the development of Albion Online, as well as hinders us from keeping a fair playing field and stable economy in the game. Therefore, we will continue to confront and tackle this issue.

      If you suspect anyone of being involved in third-party currency transactions, please report them to our support team at support@albiononline.com with any evidence that you have.

      We do not discuss player sanctions or name banned accounts due to data privacy reasons.


      - Mytherceria & Support Team

      Mytherceria#3744
    • lactroalter wrote:

      This weekend I transferred 9 million silver from my main account to one of my alters
      I do this maybe every week and more than a year, not for premium but for other reasons .. How come I don't have a ban? Because all the silver comes from the game / SBI shop? ... I'm not saying it won't be a mistake, but I don't really believe it. Stop supporting fucking RMT and you won't get a ban .. I know that SBI are not saints, they have "gray zones" in the rules, and I disagree with them on many things, but in this I stand with them, ban for all RMTs, both sellers and buyers!
    • lactroalter wrote:

      This weekend I transferred 9 million silver from my main account to one of my alters to pay his premium so that he could can continue crafting with focus ... today I enter in that account and I realize that the account in which I put so much effort has been suddenly banned...

      Is there an answer in these cases?

      CassX wrote:

      lactroalter wrote:

      This weekend I transferred 9 million silver from my main account to one of my alters
      I do this maybe every week and more than a year, not for premium but for other reasons .. How come I don't have a ban? Because all the silver comes from the game / SBI shop? ... I'm not saying it won't be a mistake, but I don't really believe it. Stop supporting fucking RMT and you won't get a ban .. I know that SBI are not saints, they have "gray zones" in the rules, and I disagree with them on many things, but in this I stand with them, ban for all RMTs, both sellers and buyers!
      I said the above because I have many other accounts in which I have been doing exactly the same for almost 6 months, I have never made transactions that include third parties or any other ilegal action, that is why I do not understand why of all my accounts only this one was banned
    • Piscium wrote:

      xBigDicKx wrote:

      more like
      2,046
      alts that no one will care about
      banned
      yes, but the silver transferred with those "alts" is supposedly rolledback/removed

      lactroalter wrote:

      lactroalter wrote:

      This weekend I transferred 9 million silver from my main account to one of my alters to pay his premium so that he could can continue crafting with focus ... today I enter in that account and I realize that the account in which I put so much effort has been suddenly banned...

      Is there an answer in these cases?

      CassX wrote:

      lactroalter wrote:

      This weekend I transferred 9 million silver from my main account to one of my alters
      I do this maybe every week and more than a year, not for premium but for other reasons .. How come I don't have a ban? Because all the silver comes from the game / SBI shop? ... I'm not saying it won't be a mistake, but I don't really believe it. Stop supporting fucking RMT and you won't get a ban .. I know that SBI are not saints, they have "gray zones" in the rules, and I disagree with them on many things, but in this I stand with them, ban for all RMTs, both sellers and buyers!
      I said the above because I have many other accounts in which I have been doing exactly the same for almost 6 months, I have never made transactions that include third parties or any other ilegal action, that is why I do not understand why of all my accounts only this one was banned
      Well... i have a guildmate that has been banned by mistake, cuz he gave some of us (guildmates) some silver from the loot sold from ganks. And we have still the same silver on our characters. We all do the same, one day i sell the items from ganks and shares the silver and other days another guildmate do the same.
    • I understand there's a limit to how much SBI can tell us about their account auditing process, but would you be able to shed some light on how these decisions are made? I'm a very new player (today is day 6!) and even I know a handful of people who have been affected by these bans. Sure, it's entirely possible our friends are lying or misguiding us out of embarrassment, but I have to doubt that due diligence was done when some of the players in question complain about being unable to afford even Premium on a weekly basis, and chat moderators and GMs openly admit in Global that they mute and ban people accidently by misclicking. I understand SBI's need to protect their IP, but is there any guarantee as a customer that I will be treated fairly in this process, especially considering there doesn't seem to be a formal way to appeal?

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Dyfnwal ().

    • Mayster wrote:

      Piscium wrote:

      xBigDicKx wrote:

      more like
      2,046
      alts that no one will care about
      banned
      yes, but the silver transferred with those "alts" is supposedly rolledback/removed

      lactroalter wrote:

      lactroalter wrote:

      This weekend I transferred 9 million silver from my main account to one of my alters to pay his premium so that he could can continue crafting with focus ... today I enter in that account and I realize that the account in which I put so much effort has been suddenly banned...

      Is there an answer in these cases?

      CassX wrote:

      lactroalter wrote:

      This weekend I transferred 9 million silver from my main account to one of my alters
      I do this maybe every week and more than a year, not for premium but for other reasons .. How come I don't have a ban? Because all the silver comes from the game / SBI shop? ... I'm not saying it won't be a mistake, but I don't really believe it. Stop supporting fucking RMT and you won't get a ban .. I know that SBI are not saints, they have "gray zones" in the rules, and I disagree with them on many things, but in this I stand with them, ban for all RMTs, both sellers and buyers!
      I said the above because I have many other accounts in which I have been doing exactly the same for almost 6 months, I have never made transactions that include third parties or any other ilegal action, that is why I do not understand why of all my accounts only this one was banned
      Well... i have a guildmate that has been banned by mistake, cuz he gave some of us (guildmates) some silver from the loot sold from ganks. And we have still the same silver on our characters. We all do the same, one day i sell the items from ganks and shares the silver and other days another guildmate do the same.
      If your guildmate got banned and you, who got his silver, wasn't... Isn't it clear that this wasn't the problem? It was another activity, clearly.
    • ImaDoki wrote:

      Mayster wrote:

      Piscium wrote:

      xBigDicKx wrote:

      more like
      2,046
      alts that no one will care about
      banned
      yes, but the silver transferred with those "alts" is supposedly rolledback/removed

      lactroalter wrote:

      lactroalter wrote:

      This weekend I transferred 9 million silver from my main account to one of my alters to pay his premium so that he could can continue crafting with focus ... today I enter in that account and I realize that the account in which I put so much effort has been suddenly banned...

      Is there an answer in these cases?

      CassX wrote:

      lactroalter wrote:

      This weekend I transferred 9 million silver from my main account to one of my alters
      I do this maybe every week and more than a year, not for premium but for other reasons .. How come I don't have a ban? Because all the silver comes from the game / SBI shop? ... I'm not saying it won't be a mistake, but I don't really believe it. Stop supporting fucking RMT and you won't get a ban .. I know that SBI are not saints, they have "gray zones" in the rules, and I disagree with them on many things, but in this I stand with them, ban for all RMTs, both sellers and buyers!
      I said the above because I have many other accounts in which I have been doing exactly the same for almost 6 months, I have never made transactions that include third parties or any other ilegal action, that is why I do not understand why of all my accounts only this one was banned
      Well... i have a guildmate that has been banned by mistake, cuz he gave some of us (guildmates) some silver from the loot sold from ganks. And we have still the same silver on our characters. We all do the same, one day i sell the items from ganks and shares the silver and other days another guildmate do the same.
      If your guildmate got banned and you, who got his silver, wasn't... Isn't it clear that this wasn't the problem? It was another activity, clearly.
      I dont think hes lying to me. Do u all assume that SBI is never wrong? SBI must have an automated system to ban so many accounts, I don't think they will review each account in the game to see if they do RMT, and clearly, the system can make a mistake and ban those who do not deserve it.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Mayster ().

    • ImaDoki wrote:

      If the system is automated why didnt it ban you, that received the silver from him?

      Do you really think it would be only 2000 if this was automated?

      They have tools to help them, but the bans are clearly analysed 1 by 1.
      Really? clearly? do u know it? ... What is clearly is they have mistakes like every human in this world. And i think this one is another mistake by SBI. Ill let u know more about it.