Jonnnybones' Corrupted Tier List, read em and weap... Scrubs!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Jonnnybones' Corrupted Tier List, read em and weap... Scrubs!

Tier 1:

Plateletter: Full Rat, best build. Cool game SBI.
      Plate frost: Smol PP build
      1 Shot dagger: Gathering boots OP
      Bear Paws: 0 skill involved, but at least bear paws are viable!

Tier 2:

Cursed Staff: hard countering all the meta builds is cool, too bad they will all just run from you.
      Light Frost: just got nerfed to shit, but is enjoying this guardian helm mage robe meta like no one else
      Badon Bow: Proof the entire concept of corrupted dungeons possibly should have never happened.
      Undead Cape/Demon Boot Boltcasters: Play like complete shit... and get rewarded for it!

Tier 3:

Black Hands: hard-countering cancer. the epitome of 0 skill gameplay being viable.
      Claymore (soldier boots): noob killer build, charging stacks on the crystal = mad skill yo
      Warbow: Similar to the above, awesome for killing noobs but also much more boring.
      1h Spear: Remember when you couldn't change abilities in corrupteds? this is why.

This is my current tier list, arguably the worst meta since corrupted were added to the game. Hallowfall does not rank on this list because hallowfall players are sub-human, so they do not count. As much fun as I've had in corrupteds, I'm coming to the realization that they were a mistake. This is anti-sandbox and anti-openworld content. It's definitely not something you should be balancing the game around.
    • well, devs listen to this guy, fix the issue with those weapons, make cage fights on CD so ppl don't infinitely reset, and everyone will be happy, you deserve more than 1 like for this nice post bro, you deserve to be in Albion balance team because you know what's up.
      [i]“Those who have succeeded at anything and don’t mention luck are kidding themselves”[/i]
    • Excellent points. Especially on curse. I play curse specifically to have a fighting chance against the meta bullshit but the side effect is I have 0 chance to kill them if they choose to just blatant run. Doesn't matter if I use soldier boots or not they just have god speed compared to all other builds. The current builds like plate letter and plate frost are not meta because they can beat everything they are meta because they can easily AVOID any fight they do not think they can 100% win. This is the biggest design flaw with the whole CD system and is why they need a redesign to add in some sort of restriction of fight area either immediately or gradual over time. If done right the space could allow adequate room for kiting but just not the ability to full reset while waiting for cool downs. Cool downs mean nothing if you allow builds that can just easily fall back for eternity until they get CDs back.

As bad and annoying as Slayer is right now though I cannot say I wish they were gone entirely. This is literally the only option for real solo PvP in the game (dueling in a city is not PvP). I just hope they redesign them at some point to bring balance between force fights and resets. Right now it is titled WAYYYYY over to resets.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Tabor ().

• Tabor wrote:

Excellent points. Especially on curse. I play curse specifically to have a fighting chance against the meta bullshit but the side effect is I have 0 chance to kill them if they choose to just blatant run. Doesn't matter if I use soldier boots or not they just have god speed compared to all other builds. The current builds like plate letter and plate frost are not meta because they can beat everything they are meta because they can easily AVOID any fight they do not think they can 100% win. This is the biggest design flaw with the whole CD system and is why they need a redesign to add in some sort of restriction of fight area either immediately or gradual over time. If done right the space could allow adequate room for kiting but just not the ability to full reset while waiting for cool downs. Cool downs mean nothing if you allow builds that can just easily fall back for eternity until they get CDs back.

As bad and annoying as Slayer is right now though I cannot say I wish they were gone entirely. This is literally the only option for real solo PvP in the game (dueling in a city is not PvP). I just hope they redesign them at some point to bring balance between force fights and resets. Right now it is titled WAYYYYY over to resets.
      my personal opinion is, it's a mayor skill Problem in the balance & design team - or they have no focus on it / don't want take the effort to fix it..

It is so blatant visible, post is good..that it cannot be accidentally..
    • Trial_hard wrote:

Tabor wrote:

Excellent points. Especially on curse. I play curse specifically to have a fighting chance against the meta bullshit but the side effect is I have 0 chance to kill them if they choose to just blatant run. Doesn't matter if I use soldier boots or not they just have god speed compared to all other builds. The current builds like plate letter and plate frost are not meta because they can beat everything they are meta because they can easily AVOID any fight they do not think they can 100% win. This is the biggest design flaw with the whole CD system and is why they need a redesign to add in some sort of restriction of fight area either immediately or gradual over time. If done right the space could allow adequate room for kiting but just not the ability to full reset while waiting for cool downs. Cool downs mean nothing if you allow builds that can just easily fall back for eternity until they get CDs back.

my personal opinion is, it's a mayor skill Problem in the balance & design team - or they have no focus on it / don't want take the effort to fix it..

It is so blatant visible, post is good..that it cannot be accidentally..
      I don't think it's that simple.
      AO is a massive multiplayer online game.
      And with that in mind, it wouldn't be fair to balance the game around CD 1v1.
      Only real solution if any, is to make different rule-sets, for different content, like they are already trying with the -10% healing buff from HGs. And with the specials on mounts where you have to be faction flagged, and the abilities only affect faction flagged players.
      I don't think the DEVs are ignoring the issue or lack skills, this issue is not something you can solve in 5 min.
    • Corrupted dungeons should have never ben added to the game. So many weapons will be gutted due to this silly content, and worse the clickbait youtubers are moving over to this content to make the CD's seem eve more like a joke. Why would you release ava roads that was meant to bolster small scale content, then add CD's ? forcing every small scale player into these instances, the open world is dead. The open world may as well be a loading screen you can gather or get ganked on , as you head to the next "content".
    • moking wrote:

Corrupted dungeons should have never ben added to the game. So many weapons will be gutted due to this silly content, and worse the clickbait youtubers are moving over to this content to make the CD's seem eve more like a joke. Why would you release ava roads that was meant to bolster small scale content, then add CD's ? forcing every small scale player into these instances, the open world is dead. The open world may as well be a loading screen you can gather or get ganked on , as you head to the next "content".
      give me example which weapon after nerf is unplayable in diffrent part of the game ?
    • deenne wrote:

moking wrote:

Corrupted dungeons should have never ben added to the game. So many weapons will be gutted due to this silly content, and worse the clickbait youtubers are moving over to this content to make the CD's seem eve more like a joke. Why would you release ava roads that was meant to bolster small scale content, then add CD's ? forcing every small scale player into these instances, the open world is dead. The open world may as well be a loading screen you can gather or get ganked on , as you head to the next "content".
      give me example which weapon after nerf is unplayable in diffrent part of the game ?
      We are heading to unplayability if they keep balancing around Corrupted dungeons. "Will be gutted" What do you think is going to happen to any weapon or armor that climbs to the top or has any significant play in these Corrupted dungeons? Devs will have a knee jerk reaction like they usually do and mess up the items.

Prime example is reducing the movement speed on on heroic charges to target the claymore. All because some smooth brains like to wack crystals before a fight. So silly. Next thing their gonna do is start nerfing damage instead of tackling the real problem. Claymore is not op, and only has a presence in CD'S because of the. enormous amount of noobs flooding into the content, it is a noob killer. One that requires the opponent to be completely ignorant of basic pvp mechanics. That and the stacking on crystals before fights.

We are talking about a weapon that has already fallen out of 5v5 and is barely played in hellgates over broadsword, unless you can afford a robe of purity. Its turning into a joke with no identity, as its just a two handed broadsword at this point. But hey lets balance around corrupted dungeons real smart move @Retroman
    • moking wrote:

deenne wrote:

moking wrote:

We are heading to unplayability if they keep balancing around Corrupted dungeons. "Will be gutted" What do you think is going to happen to any weapon or armor that climbs to the top or has any significant play in these Corrupted dungeons? Devs will have a knee jerk reaction like they usually do and mess up the items.
      Prime example is reducing the movement speed on on heroic charges to target the claymore. All because some smooth brains like to wack crystals before a fight. So silly. Next thing their gonna do is start nerfing damage instead of tackling the real problem. Claymore is not op, and only has a presence in CD'S because of the. enormous amount of noobs flooding into the content, it is a noob killer. One that requires the opponent to be completely ignorant of basic pvp mechanics. That and the stacking on crystals before fights.

We are talking about a weapon that has already fallen out of 5v5 and is barely played in hellgates over broadsword, unless you can afford a robe of purity. Its turning into a joke with no identity, as its just a two handed broadsword at this point. But hey lets balance around corrupted dungeons real smart move @Retroman
    • So much salt. Plateletter can be caught by badons. Those reset builds also suffering from lack of PvP. Because they need to run if they get unfavorable engagement. Currently I don't see big problem with meta, there are multiple viable builds not just one. If you remove kiting and reset ppl will only play cursed staff with specter and Merc.
    • moking wrote:

deenne wrote:

moking wrote:

So many weapons will be gutted due to this silly content,
      give me example which weapon is dead after nerf cuz of CD
      So its confirmed you don't know what "will be" means. You lack reading comprehension skills. Just stay off the forums if you can't read.
      GIVE ME EXAMPLE.. jesus christ do you have autism ? you argue is "So many weapons will be gutted" GIVE ME EXAMPLE!
    • deenne wrote:

moking wrote:

deenne wrote:

moking wrote:

So many weapons will be gutted due to this silly content,
      give me example which weapon is dead after nerf cuz of CD
      So its confirmed you don't know what "will be" means. You lack reading comprehension skills. Just stay off the forums if you can't read.
      GIVE ME EXAMPLE.. jesus christ do you have autism ? you argue is "So many weapons will be gutted" GIVE ME EXAMPLE!
      English is clearly not your first language so i will leave it at this, as your stupidity is derailing the conversation.