One simple change that would make Corrupted Dungeons infinitely more enjoyable

• MadSkillzDLR wrote:

Why dont you adress the corrupted issue directly?

You guys dont like rats, but you like to see your fame credits going up like crazy for killing a few mobs.

The problem is and always will be the high pve fame.

Remove or hard nerf the fame and bye bye rats.
      nope. people ratting CD for silver bags and runes. mainly profit is from there...

+ I agree with it, make a wind wall channel spell. or increase them CD from 30 to 50 atleast.

The post was edited 1 time, last by deenne ().

• Trial_hard wrote:

the real Problem are not rats the real Problem is the crap design

People dress pvp farm gear - that is equipment to engage disengage fight reset Flee at their solemn discreceny

Is is healthy that a warbow clears a circle kite path, goes on multi + frost and checks if it can kill if not endless Kite or leave??

The design issue is, there is a pvp dungeon with no objective except kill each other.. if u win all good if not reset Roll for next..but before..give it 20 trys by cheap reset

I think albion is the only pvp game with infinite reset option to try endless times..

Easiest fix : an objective to fight for & and no health regen if invaded and pvp started
      this is called imbalance .. 1/2 weapon is not playable in PVP .. where albion is full loot PVP GAME.
      who normal adds, for example: knockback shot to bows when they already have frost shot ..

Albion needs a competent balancing team, not a single/few people/s.
    • deenne wrote:

Trial_hard wrote:

the real Problem are not rats the real Problem is the crap design

People dress pvp farm gear - that is equipment to engage disengage fight reset Flee at their solemn discreceny

Is is healthy that a warbow clears a circle kite path, goes on multi + frost and checks if it can kill if not endless Kite or leave??

The design issue is, there is a pvp dungeon with no objective except kill each other.. if u win all good if not reset Roll for next..but before..give it 20 trys by cheap reset

I think albion is the only pvp game with infinite reset option to try endless times..

Easiest fix : an objective to fight for & and no health regen if invaded and pvp started
      this is called imbalance .. 1/2 weapon is not playable in PVP .. where albion is full loot PVP GAME.who normal adds, for example: knockback shot to bows when they already have frost shot ..

Albion needs a competent balancing team, not a single/few people/s.
      Look at the top ranked infamy players, you will see only a handfull of different weapons, AO needs more diversity, make AO great again, make all the other weapons usefull to.
    • Trial_hard wrote:

are u playing tutorial cds? Stalker and below??
      In Slayer people simply overgear this disadvantage and plate is all over the place..

If a pvp fight is for 5-40 mio silver for kills the people take the burden of crap and annoying pve in plate as they here for pvp farm..

That's why I say..nobody should be forced to farm pve ..and especially not in PvP Gear if they just want to play pvp..

No, plate doesn't completely dominate slayer anymore after tomb hammer meta is removed. Valor if getting another nerf soon, and there will be even fewer of them in the coming patch.

You can farm with 8.3 plates, not crap plate. At the moment there are 8.3 plates in Slayer but T7-8 plate is a rare sight.

If requeue is a thing. There will also be a flock of crap plate. People using T6 crap set OC to go there trying to get profit, because you can kill some 8.3 with crap set playing push-then-cc style.

How does it sound to you going to Slayer constantly getting matched against T6 plate running around in a circle trying to push you into the mob, and if you kill him, his set worth less than your food ??
      Max spec 700/700 in staff, hammer, mace, and spear tree.
      Max spec 800/800 in all head, chest, shoes pieces.
      Max spec potions crafters.
    • trial hard i know you mean well but can i include my thoughts on this as well

objective to fight for like in hell gates would be nice since one party will get loot while other will not

no regen is bad cause of nature and holy having self healing

rats is definitely a problem because with high enough infamy the fame and silver per hour is insane for the risk of pvp. but i like to be kept that way because its near confirm pvp for those seeking them and a good way to gain back silver lost a lot of pvp matches if you do not get invaded
      also a good way to keep the economy balanced with constant trashing of items due to pvp
      (sliver gain back is abit much compared to black zone solo dungeons due to fast and efficient layout but it is not insane like old school HCE with perfect pulls)

Talking about objective i have an idea on how to implement it

we have crystals the dungeon owner use to banish the invader back into their dungeon
      but what if we have the center boss banish the dungeon's owner when slain?

first of all the invader can help spawn the boss by killing adds and if he kills the boss the dungeon owner gets kicked out of the dungeon
      this condition will be hard to fulfill but it would help the dungeon invader as a secondary win condition

dungeon defender win conditions
      -Kill invader
      -Break shards
      -prevent middle boss from being slain by attacker by killing it yourself (last hit kill steal or most damage done)

dungeon invader win conditions
      -kill defender
      -kill middle boss (last hit or most damage done)

players expelled from dungeon due to boss dying will be knocked down in the over world and take 5% durability damage

think of it as since the boss is dead the corrupted dungeon realm is unstable sending the loser out of the dungeon
      Check out My new Albion Online Expansion idea 4 thread:
      https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/143592-Albion-Online-Expansion-Idea-4/
    • this is exactly why there should not be a battle royal type floor is lava stuff in 1v1 because people will delay till that time
      some builds rely on kite while others give up all mobility and become turrets with guardian boots.

in 2v2 and 5v5 is still ok to have the lava mechanic because you have a teammate who will cover you if they build to counter one person's build
      and 2 person running around is harder to catch

but in 1v1 instead of kite builds playing kite, the defender would just hide till the kite build cannot run away then go in for the kill.
      i know kite is not fun to chase but wasting time till the lava comes in is even worst in my opinion
      Check out My new Albion Online Expansion idea 4 thread:
      https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/143592-Albion-Online-Expansion-Idea-4/
    • You are confusing kiting with full on running. Kiting is suppose to mean maneuvering around your opponent but still maintaining damage output on them. Instead we have players firing a long range E and falling straight back until they get E CD again with no actual fight interaction inbetween. It is lazy design and abuse of infinite fall back layout. There is far less limited skill in that than the turret builds even. The turret builds at least need to cycle defensives well or they just die.

The rising lava over time is perfect balance to this because if 5 to 10 minutes pass with no death that just means the kiter is not poking enough and running to much. Otherwise the kiter has 0 risk of ever dying in current layout.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Tabor ().

• Hellements wrote:

Thank you everyone for the input on Corrupted Dungeons Feedback.

I summarized the feedback provided from the different threads about this topic and will forward this to the devs. This includes:
      If you have any additional feedback on this you can continue discussing in any of these threads, I will be checking them.

- Hellements
      Please add this too.

Infamy rigged ladder

I don't know why it is allowed to activate shrine after kill many monsters.
      It is abused by plate armorer to wipe their monsters to make reset easier.
      They usually kill monsters 1900+, activate shrine, are invaded, fight in beneficial dungeon to them always. It is unfair.

Let me suggest very easy fix.

"Cannot activate shrine after killing any monster."

There is no reason to allow to activate shrine during clearing dungeon.

Thanks.
    • Exilezana wrote:

Hellements wrote:

Thank you everyone for the input on Corrupted Dungeons Feedback.

I summarized the feedback provided from the different threads about this topic and will forward this to the devs. This includes:
      If you have any additional feedback on this you can continue discussing in any of these threads, I will be checking them.

- Hellements
      Please add this too.
      Infamy rigged ladder

I don't know why it is allowed to activate shrine after kill many monsters.
      It is abused by plate armorer to wipe their monsters to make reset easier.
      They usually kill monsters 1900+, activate shrine, are invaded, fight in beneficial dungeon to them always. It is unfair.

Let me suggest very easy fix.

"Cannot activate shrine after killing any monster."

There is no reason to allow to activate shrine during clearing dungeon.

Thanks.
      This is a good suggestion, but I wouldn't make it impossible to activate the shrine after killing a mob, but allowing players to invade with a fifty-fifty chance after they clear the whole dungeon.
    • I don't think the solution is to try and balance/tweak CDs. Players need a new system for 1v1. We need to band together to push for 1v1 matchmaking with a full loot option. 3 IP brackets and queue from anywhere. That give the 1v1 players the content they want and helps new players to learn pvp in a faster and more efficient manner!
    • Corrupted should have the main focus of PvP and not PvE, from my experience in almost 2 years of playing, in the long run Albion's PvE becomes extremely boring and cloying. The new Hellgate changes should also happen within the corrupted.
      > Lava closing to the center.
      > Not having to do PvE after killing the player. This would make the corrupted much more dynamic and fun to do. Nowadays I don't do corruptions because the PvE is too boring. I don't think it is fair to have to do PvE until the bar is complete after killing the enemy, it just doesn't make sense, because you will steal his infamy.
      The ability to achieve victory by changing and adapting to the enemy is called a genius - Sun Tzu