One simple change that would make Corrupted Dungeons infinitely more enjoyable

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • One simple change that would make Corrupted Dungeons infinitely more enjoyable

      As it stands now, when you click the shrine in a corrupted dungeon you will be sent out to invade another player within a few minutes. There is a very high chance that other player has zero intention of PVPing, and he will break the 3 crystals immediately sending you back to your dungeon. When you get sent back to your dungeon, you have a VERY small chance of being invaded (it's as if you never clicked the shrine initially at all) and you end up having to PVE for a long time before you get a chance to fight again in the next dungeon.

      The change that needs to happen is when someone breaks the crystals and you get sent back to your dungeon, we should either be able to click the shrine again instantly, or already have it activated so there's a 100% chance we get invaded in the same dungeon. This change has the added benefit of picking your fights more as well, where if you invade someone in very bad gear, YOU can break the crystals and it will give you another chance to get a real fight when you get back to your dungeon.

      This simple change fixes the MASSIVE problem of ratting all together, while also giving the PVP players the content they're looking for.

      Thanks for reading
    • я предлагал сделать простое изменение: убрать кристаллы,
      боях участвуют только игроки, Которые нажали святыню. игроки которые не нажали святыню, не участвуют в пвп и не получают очки бесчестия.
      кто перевел, тот молодец.

      The post was edited 2 times, last by ubuntu ().

    • ubuntu wrote:

      я предлагал сделать простое изменение: убрать кристаллы,
      боях участвуют только игроки, Которые нажали святыню. игроки которые не нажали святыню, не участвуют в пвп и не получают очки бесчестия.
      кто перевел, тот молодец.
      I dont need to translate it, because i can read it.
      But you should write always in english if you use a english forum.

      to the Topic. This idea is very good!
    • People will abuse this to pick their opponent if this were a thing. There are build at just can't win or escape against certain build. Pick a fast build to escape , then just keep reset the matchmaking until you get a perfect match.
      Solo/duo player.
      Play mostly tank
      Max spec 700/700 in staff, hammer, mace, and spear tree.
      Max spec 800/800 in all head, chest, shoes pieces.
      Max spec potions crafters.
    • Thank you everyone for the input on Corrupted Dungeons Feedback.

      I summarized the feedback provided from the different threads about this topic and will forward this to the devs. This includes:
      If you have any additional feedback on this you can continue discussing in any of these threads, I will be checking them.

      - Hellements
    • Hellements wrote:

      Thank you everyone for the input on Corrupted Dungeons Feedback.

      I summarized the feedback provided from the different threads about this topic and will forward this to the devs. This includes:
      If you have any additional feedback on this you can continue discussing in any of these threads, I will be checking them.

      - Hellements
      Thanks!
    • SpicyPepper wrote:

      People will abuse this to pick their opponent if this were a thing. There are build at just can't win or escape against certain build. Pick a fast build to escape , then just keep reset the matchmaking until you get a perfect match.
      This isn't a problem at all and actually a huge overall benefit. Mobility builds can already clear very fast and choose their fights at will. Being able to skip bad matchups / low gear players for the chance of a better fight is actually a huge benefit to everyone.
    • billo wrote:

      This isn't a problem at all and actually a huge overall benefit. Mobility builds can already clear very fast and choose their fights at will. Being able to skip bad matchups / low gear players for the chance of a better fight is actually a huge benefit to everyone.
      QS staff + knight armor. Clearing the map is extremely slow. You will see this toxicity everywhere if skipping and re-matching is a thing.
      Solo/duo player.
      Play mostly tank
      Max spec 700/700 in staff, hammer, mace, and spear tree.
      Max spec 800/800 in all head, chest, shoes pieces.
      Max spec potions crafters.
    • SpicyPepper wrote:

      billo wrote:

      This isn't a problem at all and actually a huge overall benefit. Mobility builds can already clear very fast and choose their fights at will. Being able to skip bad matchups / low gear players for the chance of a better fight is actually a huge benefit to everyone.
      QS staff + knight armor. Clearing the map is extremely slow. You will see this toxicity everywhere if skipping and re-matching is a thing.
      then fix windwall and make it a channel??

      I see zero sense to make pve an entry obstacle for pvp builds ..in a game mode that promotoes pvp
    • Trial_hard wrote:

      then fix windwall and make it a channel??
      I see zero sense to make pve an entry obstacle for pvp builds ..in a game mode that promotoes pvp
      First thing first, Wind Wall can't be channel because that spell is very well balanced in medium size fight and above (5 man pt or more). Make it channel will just break the spell in those situation while a channel WW doesn't remove Push-then-CC builds. A channeling wind wall can still be used to push people into mobs and traps

      Even without knight armor, you can still play the same style (push and CC). Doesn't really change anything much. You don't even need Wind wall for it to work. Play just as well with force field in the helm and any plate armors (usually soldier or valor).

      Cart Wheel is ridiculously fast at running out, but it sucks when used to chase someone. Except for no mobility build like xbow or curse, all others just break shard and leave. Those Push-then-CC build have to clear map and requeue a lot, and they suck at clearing map. That's why you don't see much of them anymore. Imagine what happen if you can requeue indefinitely.
      Solo/duo player.
      Play mostly tank
      Max spec 700/700 in staff, hammer, mace, and spear tree.
      Max spec 800/800 in all head, chest, shoes pieces.
      Max spec potions crafters.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by SpicyPepper ().

    • SpicyPepper wrote:

      Trial_hard wrote:

      then fix windwall and make it a channel??
      I see zero sense to make pve an entry obstacle for pvp builds ..in a game mode that promotoes pvp
      First thing first, Wind Wall can't be channel because that spell is very well balanced in medium size fight and above (5 man pt or more). Make it channel will just break the spell in those situation while a channel WW doesn't remove Push-then-CC builds. A channeling wind wall can still be used to push people into mobs and traps
      Even without knight armor, you can still play the same style (push and CC). Doesn't really change anything much. You don't even need Wind wall for it to work. Play just as well with force field in the helm and any plate armors (usually soldier or valor).

      Cart Wheel is ridiculously fast at running out, but it sucks when used to chase someone. Except for no mobility build like xbow or curse, all others just break shard and leave. Those Push-then-CC build have to clear map and requeue a lot, and they suck at clearing map. That's why you don't see much of them anymore. Imagine what happen if you can requeue indefinitely.
      are u playing tutorial cds? Stalker and below??

      In Slayer people simply overgear this disadvantage and plate is all over the place..

      If a pvp fight is for 5-40 mio silver for kills the people take the burden of crap and annoying pve in plate as they here for pvp farm..

      That's why I say..nobody should be forced to farm pve ..and especially not in PvP Gear if they just want to play pvp..
    • MadSkillzDLR wrote:

      Why dont you adress the corrupted issue directly?

      You guys dont like rats, but you like to see your fame credits going up like crazy for killing a few mobs.

      The problem is and always will be the high pve fame.

      Remove or hard nerf the fame and bye bye rats.
      the real Problem are not rats the real Problem is the crap design

      People dress pvp farm gear - that is equipment to engage disengage fight reset Flee at their solemn discreceny

      Is is healthy that a warbow clears a circle kite path, goes on multi + frost and checks if it can kill if not endless Kite or leave??

      The design issue is, there is a pvp dungeon with no objective except kill each other.. if u win all good if not reset Roll for next..but before..give it 20 trys by cheap reset


      I think albion is the only pvp game with infinite reset option to try endless times..

      Easiest fix : an objective to fight for & and no health regen if invaded and pvp started