So no blackhands nerf ?

• SpicyPepper wrote:

Trial_hard wrote:

Just pop a Resi pot & gg
      Why res pot against black hands ?? Against black hands you use gig pot, not resist. The CC resistance is useless, and gig pot is a tad tankier.
      Res pot only because utility
      Usually u take into cd healing/poison/resist pots
      Healing vs kiters
      Poison vs low armor enemies you could kill fast with burst
      Not giga but resist because it’s versatile vs any burst from curse to bh and pike
      You just don’t need to take both not to make your food/pot swaps to complex
      You already have 4-5 types of food +3 types of pots... one more pot is to much

The post was edited 1 time, last by kheeta ().

• kheeta wrote:

Res pot only because utilityUsually u take into cd healing/poison/resist pots
      Healing vs kiters
      Not giga but resist because it’s versatile vs any burst from curse to bh and pike
      Meh, It's a matter of choice i guess.

I prefer to bring both resist and gig though. There's been many times where I lost a fight with resist pot and the enemy had ~ 100 hp left.

If you use defense passive or any kind of shield, Gig pot makes you substantially tankier because the defense from gears and pot aren't fully stack. This extra tankiness really shine when fighting against higher tier enemy (8.1 vs 8.3 for example)

I, personally, don't mind bringing an extra pot if they help me win fight I otherwise could not.
      Solo/duo player. Potions & food crafter. Transporters.
    • SpicyPepper wrote:

kheeta wrote:

Res pot only because utilityUsually u take into cd healing/poison/resist pots
      Healing vs kiters
      Meh, It's a matter of choice i guess.
      I prefer to bring both resist and gig though. There's been many times where I lost a fight with resist pot and the enemy had ~ 100 hp left.

If you use defense passive or any kind of shield, Gig pot makes you substantially tankier because the defense from gears and pot aren't fully stack. This extra tankiness really shine when fighting against higher tier enemy (8.1 vs 8.3 for example)

I, personally, don't mind bringing an extra pot if they help me win fight I otherwise could not.
      Not a matter of choice it's based on your gear.

Plate has high resistances, so the damage taken from a skill is much lower than if you were to wear cloth.

Because the 'defense vs players' stat reduces the damage taken after resistances calculate the received amount, this stat is really valuable to cloth, but much less valuable to plate. Because the damage taken after resistances on plate is low, so the proportional reduction on that damage from a res pot will be low. Where as the damage taken after resistances on cloth is much higher, so that proportional reduction from a resistance pot is also higher.

Basically speaking:
      • The lower your resistances, the better a res pot is.
      • The higher your resistances, the better a gig pot is.
      You also have to consider that aside from the resistances, cloth wearers also have less cc resistance, so this also works very well for them.

Overall principle being tha:
      • If you have low resistances, you will get better value out increasing resistances, or defense vs players, because you dont have anything actually protecting your HP pool.
      • If you have high resistances, or defense vs players, you will get better value out of increasing your HP, because you already have strong stats protecting your HP pool.

As for my comment on the black hands. Its only chain slash that causes a real problem. Honestly daggers should never have had damage like that added to the W line. Its the only thing allowing for these tanked up bloodletters just spamming Q,W,E at opponents, and the same thing with the Black hands. Also deadly swipe being an issue, seen as it just works best on non stacking daggers where they dont they can just use it as spam mobility.

I think at this point they should give black hands a stacking requirement for their E damage. Also make chain slash stack dependent similar to harpoon on spears, so it wouldn't use the stacks, but it would require them to do damage.
      Hop on in to my Discord and Twitch ^^
    • Khladraven wrote:

Not a matter of choice it's based on your gear.
      Plate has high resistances, so the damage taken from a skill is much lower than if you were to wear cloth.

Because the 'defense vs players' stat reduces the damage taken after resistances calculate the received amount, this stat is really valuable to cloth, but much less valuable to plate. Because the damage taken after resistances on plate is low, so the proportional reduction on that damage from a res pot will be low. Where as the damage taken after resistances on cloth is much higher, so that proportional reduction from a resistance pot is also higher.

Basically speaking:
      • The lower your resistances, the better a res pot is.
      • The higher your resistances, the better a gig pot is.
      You also have to consider that aside from the resistances, cloth wearers also have less cc resistance, so this also works very well for them.

Overall principle being that:
      • If you have low resistances, you will get better value out increasing resistances, or defense vs players, because you dont have anything actually protecting your HP pool.
      • If you have high resistances, or defense vs players, you will get better value out of increasing your HP, because you already have strong stats protecting your HP pool.

Your analysis is flawed. Gig pot isn't boosting your HP pool despite looking like it does. The only pot that boost your HP pool is healing pot, gig pot is a defensive pot.

It doesn't matter how much physical / magical armor you have. T7 gig pot always make you 2.08 times tankier (reduce all damage taken by 51.9%), while resist pot always make you 1.9 time tankier (reduce all damage taken by 47.4%)

Putting the CC resistance aside, the difference between gig pot and resist pot is how it stack with other source of Resistance-vs-player. For example, if you use Astral Aegis + Toughness passive on the plate Armor, you will already have 20% Resistance-vs-players. If you pop resist pot like this, because the the effect doesn't fully stack, you resistance versus player will be 53%. With 20% Resistance-vs-players you take 80% of the damage. With resist pot (53% Resistance-vs-players) You take 47% of the damage. Therefore, in this case resist pot only make you 1.7 times tankier (reduce all damage by 41%).

Another difference between gig and resist pot, is that the first doesn't protect you against enemies' life steal (e.g 1 hand dagger E, life leech passive)
      Solo/duo player. Potions & food crafter. Transporters.