Worrying post on reddit

• Worrying post on reddit

Hello everyone,

not sure if everyone/anyone saw this

reddit.com/r/albiononline/comm…ng_about_the_silver_dupe/

but since it didn't really get any reply from staff there, I figured just to raise it here to hopefully just get some sort of statement from SBI :)
      I'm not looking for names or anything, I'm just hoping that in the pursuit of clear communication between the devs and us, players, if a glitch that appears to be very impactful to the game eco is found to be abused, the devs should inform the players about it to make sure there's no gossip/conspiracy theories going on:)

eg. when Runescape had a problem with stackable items being converted to max cash stack on death, they were fully transparent with what happened, which lead to much more trust between them and the playerbase when it comes to handling stuff like this.

Ofc, the post i linked could be completely fake (and in that case it would be nice for the staff to post there confirming so, so that there's no reason for us to be scared :)

Thanks
    • Zoream wrote:

DartheIncarnate wrote:

True, though transparency about stuff like this usually goes a long way
      Transparency of what? A reddit post?
      If true , I dont mean to be ass but if a bug like this passed in the cracks of dev and they are quiet , this means that the tools they have arent that good in detecting large amounts of silver and possibly RMT trading.

I hope it is false , but if true SBI needs to come out and say that they banned them, and everyone that bougth the silver and that they take care the silver out of the economy.
    • Zoream wrote:

DartheIncarnate wrote:

True, though transparency about stuff like this usually goes a long way
      Transparency of what? A reddit post?
      transparency of devs regarding potentially big issues like this.

when OSRS got completely bugged to shit and people were dropping max stacks of cash with the coin pouch update, the devs let everyone know why and how it happened as well as what they did to ensure no damage is done to the economy.

here we have some guy telling us on reddit that it happened and devs being silent.. so we are left wondering what the fuck :)
    • Lol some guy on reddit, if they commented on ever some guy on social media post they would spend all day doing it. Or they are not commenting on an ongoing investigation. Either way, what does it matter. As I've put the markets haven't shifted much.
      [i][u][b]"Best not type too much I may get in trouble"[/b][/u][/i]
    • Zoream wrote:

Lol some guy on reddit, if they commented on ever some guy on social media post they would spend all day doing it. Or they are not commenting on an ongoing investigation. Either way, what does it matter. As I've put the markets haven't shifted much.
      As YOU have know they didn't suffer , I actually dont know and i presume neither do you , as in you don't know all the facts , and do you represent SBI or something?
    • pesadelo wrote:

Zoream wrote:

Lol some guy on reddit, if they commented on ever some guy on social media post they would spend all day doing it. Or they are not commenting on an ongoing investigation. Either way, what does it matter. As I've put the markets haven't shifted much.
      As YOU have know they didn't suffer , I actually dont know and i presume neither do you , as in you don't know all the facts , and do you represent SBI or something?
      I'm trying to understand what you've written.

The markets haven't shifted in a way that would indicate a mass abuse of this kind occurred.

On the other hand, maybe SBI caught it, suspended the silver out of the game, carrying on investigating so are not commenting.

Both plausible.

Will you offer another plausible reason?
    • I wouldn't be worried about this.

Any kind of action on server is probably logged.

Markets, plot deposit/withdrawal, trades. Everything is linked and easy to track. Unless scammers know what they are doing they can be easily identified, they are not anonymous (even by using VPN), well unless they know what they are doing :) But I doubt it since there is a screenshot showing PP account.
      Make HCE lvl 15+ BZ only
    • Wydoyolo wrote:

I wouldn't be worried about this.

Markets, plot deposit/withdrawal, trades. Everything is linked and easy to track. Unless scammers know what they are doing they can be easily identified, they are not anonymous (even by using VPN), well unless they know what they are doing :) But I doubt it since there is a screenshot showing PP account.
      everything is in logs.. they can check everything, like RMTers make new accounts etc and still got banned.
    • Wydoyolo wrote:

deenne wrote:

Wydoyolo wrote:

everything is in logs.. they can check everything, like RMTers make new accounts etc and still got banned.
      Yep exactly, as I stated it could be an ongoing investigation and once finished they will announce it.

Or it never happened and they can't be bothered to mention it, all it would do is encourage more bullsh**