In order to raise awareness and to protest the sad state of my beloved city of Caerleon - I made crafting cheap. Enjoy it while it lasts and join the movement!

• In order to raise awareness and to protest the sad state of my beloved city of Caerleon - I made crafting cheap. Enjoy it while it lasts and join the movement!

• I grew up in a flourishing trade city.
      • Citizens in the streets, buying and selling their wares.
      • Honest work was rewarded with honest coin!
      • Today times are different.
      It sadens me greatly, that this once maginificent city of Caerleon is now plagued by shady potion dealers, low quality food shacks and what can only be described as doubious hacks running the crafting stations of this grand city!

It is time for me to give back. This city that made me rich shall once again attract more of you humble people and simple folk!

After a dispute with a local landlord I quickly realized that this city is rotten to its core!

I shall invite you all to join me in the fight to drive out the plague that has overcome this city.
      • For now until further notice, it will not be profitable to own a shop and conduct business in Caerleon. City fee taxes will be reduced to an absolute minimum, even to the point where it will cost money to subsidize the shops for you.
      • To start, the crafting taxes for the following T8 buildings will drop below their break even profitability, below 10%:
        • Warrior's Forge
        • Mage's Tower
        • Hunter's Lodge
        • Cook
      • Secondly, all the crafting stations have very competitive payouts per 1000 Nutrition. In many cases it should be profitable for you to simply walk to the Caerleon Marketplace, buy a bit of favorite food of the Crafting Station an deliver it to make a small profit. If you want to learn about how getting paid for food delivery works, you can read all about it here
      • But why? - Surely you will ask that question.
        • Because spending a few billion Silver on "fun" is a thing people do.
        • Because it should be different. The city stall ownership and crafting fee system has been in shambles since its inception. It created some of the largest wealth and inequality in the game. In its current form its a race to the bottom, with poorly balanced mechanics. Used by hundreds of thousands of players daily, while only few truly profit of it in an honest way. Critcized by insiders many times over, while they made cash hand over fist from monopolizing it in the history of Albion. Shoutouts to Bananapudding, Vasort, Hagging, Predatz and many others. It was never fixed to a point where it is a sustainable business without dropping hundreds of millions on it.
        • You want cheap crafting, citizen of the grand city of Caerleon? There you go.
      You can find the stations located here:

| Bogul#6397 | Twitch.tv/Bogul99 | @AO_Bogul |

The post was edited 5 times, last by Bogul ().

• A commendable initiative indeed.

Now, I have nothing against paying a honest fee, covering the costs of keeping the station operational (it needs repairs and food to keep working after all) and bringing its owner a modest income. Getting skinned alive (as in: having to pay so much in crafting fees that I'd be better off just selling raw materials on the market) is an entirely different thing, however.

One good thing that already came out of this: many crafting station vendors have reduced their fees in the Royal Cities as well. This might bring profitability back to crafting, as opposed to just selling raw materials. I shall support such honest owners by using their stations, and will share food with them to keep them running. Hopefully one day we'll be able to bring materials in as well... I happen to cut a lot of stone, might as well share some, too, instead of selling it at the market and forcing them to buy it.

In short: let the vendors keep the crafting fees at such a level that doesn't kill the profitability of crafting and refining. In turn, let the Albion community of crafters and refiners endorse honest vendors by using their stations and contributing to their operation, so that the vendors don't get forced to operate at a loss. After all, it's a player-based economy, folks. We all need each other. No point in having a crafting station if it doesn't earn for itself, and no point crafting anything if the fees eat all your profits, aye?

It sadens me greatly, that this once maginificent city of Caerleon is now plagued by shady potion dealers, low quality food shacks and what can only be described as doubious hacks running the crafting stations of this grand city!

It is time for me to give back. This city that made me rich shall once again attract more of you humble people and simple folk!

After a dispute with a local landlord I quickly realized that this city is rotten to its core!

I shall invite you all to join me in the fight to drive out the plague that has overcome this city.
      • For now until further notice, it will not be profitable to own a shop and conduct business in Caerleon. City fee taxes will be reduced to an absolute minimum, even to the point where it will cost money to subsidize the shops for you.
      • To start, the crafting taxes for the following T8 buildings will drop below their break even profitability, below 10%:
        • Warrior's Forge
        • Mage's Tower
        • Hunter's Lodge
        • Cook
      • Secondly, all the crafting stations have very competitive payouts per 1000 Nutrition. In many cases it should be profitable for you to simply walk to the Caerleon Marketplace, buy a bit of favorite food of the Crafting Station an deliver it to make a small profit. If you want to learn about how getting paid for food delivery works, you can read all about it here
        • Because it should be different. The city stall ownership and crafting fee system has been in shambles since its inception. It created some of the largest wealth and inequality in the game. In its current form its a race to the bottom, with poorly balanced mechanics. Used by hundreds of thousands of players daily, while only few truly profit of it in an honest way. Critcized by insiders many times over, while they made cash hand over fist from monopolizing it in the history of Albion. Shoutouts to Bananapudding, Vasort, Hagging, Predatz and many others. It was never fixed to a point where it is a sustainable business without dropping hundreds of millions on it.

I've seen a lot of people going 10% below in cities too especially refining stations I hope this continues <3
    • nyanpower wrote:

Bogul wrote:

• Warrior's Forge
        • Mage's Tower
        • Hunter's Lodge
        • Cook

I've seen a lot of people going 10% below in cities too especially refining stations I hope this continues <3
      If the price falls that floods the market, if the market is flood the price drops as people inevitably lower their prices to sell quicker.
      [i][u][b]"Best not type too much I may get in trouble"[/b][/u][/i]
    • Zoream wrote:

nyanpower wrote:

Bogul wrote:

• Warrior's Forge
        • Mage's Tower
        • Hunter's Lodge
        • Cook

If the price falls that floods the market, if the market is flood the price drops as people inevitably lower their prices to sell quicker.
      some raw materials are already going skyrocket I'm only hoarding them when they aren't worth selling with insane volumes in the market
      im pretty sure they gonna suck dry those stations that have 20% below tax and few days, later on, they will be back on 50%+ tax
    • Bogul wrote:

• Warrior's Forge
        • Mage's Tower
        • Hunter's Lodge
        • Cook

Carleon Shop Owners.... STAY STRONG AND WAIT. DONT BREAK...

BOGUL ALWAYS tries to take from others and do what's good for himself in the long run.
    • Just to put things in perspective:

Rageful got banned and his plots were just maintained by his co-owners until the action for plots ended.
      Bogul bid on the 4x plot that Rageful had and got it for cheap (for about 200mil, don't remember exactly).
      Bogul tried to sell that plot for 400mil initially and when he saw that there wasn't really a buyer for that price he lowered it to 300mil.
      After a week, there was no buyer for the price of 300mil as well so Bogul decided to give back to the city.

Good initiative but it should've came before you tried to squeeze 100mil+ profits from those plots after you got them, this now looks as an outcome of your failure to sell the plots on profit. I also remember chatting with you on your stream how you undercut everyone selling bags on the black market so you control about 90% of the BM volume.

Operating stations at 7% is not a sustainable strategy, Bogul know that as well. Crafters will enjoy this but ultimately it will end. When VOC tried to go against Vasort's cartel he went for a 15% rate which was low enough for the crafters but also ensured he is not losing money. I also own plots in Caerleon and I know how much the volume is and that 7% is not sustainable strategy, its more like a PR thing for Bogul's image.

To put things in perspective:

Owning plots in Caerleon is generally a bad idea, there are always new owners who think that they are smarter than everyone else and that they will get rich by undercutting. The outcome of this is that owners undercut each other until they reach 7% which is generating enough money just to cover the food cost, not the bid amount that is due on the next auction. Therefore, after each bidding cycle there are two options:

1. Opportunistic owners and low, unsustainable rates
      2. Agreement (cartel) by the owners and high rates.

While everyone is rioting against plot owners when prices are high, they do not look at this into perspective. As an owner, you lose because people were opportunistic and cannot agree on a rate that everyone keeps. In the next ownership cycle you would want to recoup the losses, setting higher than optimal rates. I almost never turned down anyone who asked me for associates rates on my stations and my associate rates were initially 15%, generating a small profit. Later on, new owners came and tried to undercut everyone and rates went lose and I lost money. Following that, my associate rates were 20% which in the end averaged about 15% associate rate on my stations in the those two cycles. While there is definitely a cartel in every city, it is actually needed to a certain degree since owners need to agree on rates and diamond hand them in order to be profitable. I personally just like having chests full of resources next to my stations so I don't have to run from an island with multiple characters. This is the main reason why I have crafting stations, but I will also not run them on a long-term loss just because of such convenience.

Therefore, these 7% stations that Bogul now runs at a loss will ultimately result in higher rates because the "local landlord" will want to recoup losses or the plot ownership system has to change. While it may sound noble and selfless, it will drive economically weak owners out of business and not the "local landlord".
      In the beginning, the plot ownership system was nicely designed to set up a cartel and when SBI changed that they made it in a way that it cycles between 7% and cartel rates.

In the end, equilibrium prices are more or less achieved. Any reader with a few braincells can realize that running stations on 7% will not actually change things and will only result in a few low rate cycles until Bogul decides to not bother anymore or other owners outbid him and agree on higher rates. Mark my words, come again after few months and see what happens. It is also highly possible that Bogul has information about future changes that will benefit him if he runs this PR campaign now that will attract crafters to his stations, who knows.

All in all, if you want a real change and sustainable lower rates, ask SBI to rework the city plot system and don't rely on charity coming from money-obsessed people.
    • Carleon has not been profitable for ages, this is nothing new and the for the people speech is a bit much. You bid very low on your 4 plot from a banned player and tried to sell it for 100% profit. After finding no buyer and realizing that Carleon has a bunch of bad owners you make the speech about wanting to "give back" to the people, driving prices and bids down so you can try to take over the city yourself in time for the new faction update. We all know no one in their right mind is going to sink hundreds of millions if not billions to help "the people". That was also rages excuse, before he made a new BW discord and raised taxes to 55% when he owned the plots he thought were most profitable in the city. If you were a crafter that didnt use only the black market you would know low taxes = lower profit margins for crafters and refiners.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Evas_Flarelight: Please do not accuse any other players unless you have any evidence. If you do, please send it to support@albionononline.com. ().