How can healers target people?

• How can healers target people?

I decided to try to be a healer, and I really liked it

But in any group activity that has 3 or more players (excluding me), target the right person is very hard

In arenas I try to put divine shield into an ally with low but I end up targeting an enemy and they die or things like that

But it seems like it only happens to me because other healers target the right people all the time
    • Mrpotato wrote:

I decided to try to be a healer, and I really liked it

But in any group activity that has 3 or more players (excluding me), target the right person is very hard

In arenas I try to put divine shield into an ally with low but I end up targeting an enemy and they die or things like that

But it seems like it only happens to me because other healers target the right people all the time
      You can also use this intersection to unlock / block teammates from moving.

I like have tank always on F1 first from top.
    • i just click on the party bar since i know who is dying by looking on the party bar

i change my party bar location from time to time aka left side of screen / right side of screen or below my character just cause some fights are easier when the party bar is not blocking my screen

but for zvz i just take aoe heals and drop them at where ever is low and pray my teammates can actually catch it
      Check out My new Albion Online Expansion idea 4 thread:
      https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/143592-Albion-Online-Expansion-Idea-4/
    • If you are clicking on stuff trying to heal, it will never have a top end result. The reason for this is that if you have to click on somebody to heal them, then you will not be able to move, because you need the mouse to move. You can't use the mouse for both moving and healing. Basically to play well you need to heal with your left hand and move with your right. You can't be using your right hand to both move and heal.

To heal effectively in a 5-7 man you have to change your key bindings so that party member #2 is bound to the "2" key, #3 is bound to the "3" key and so on. Do not use the function keys.

When you want to heal, say, person number 3, then you press "3" then the heal spell. As above you can change the order of the party members, so you should move the top heal targets, like the main tank to the #2 or #3 position in the party because it is easier to hit the 2 or 3 key than the 5 or 6 key.

Also, you need to change your spell bindings from the default Q-W-E, escpecially the Alt-Q to heal self, which is useless. Here are the bindings I use:

A S D (weapon) F (chest) R (boots/run) G (helm)
      Q W E (self-A, self-S, self-D)

Notice how in this binding each self-heal is directly above the same 3rd party target heal. So, for example, Rejuvenation on a party member is "A", but to Rejuv myself is "Q". So, for example, if I want to Rejuv the main tank I press "2A".

These key bindings are what you want because the most important spells are on the keys your fingers rest ASDFG, so you don't have to reach for a key. The only spell that is not on the baseline of the keyboard is the Run spell (boots), which is R.

In a raid, unfortunately you have to click on health bars. Move the tanks or other key heal targets to the #2, #3 and #4 positions in the raid so you can heal them with hotkeys. The other people have to be healed by clicking. Someday soon I play to set up my mouse to "heal by click", but it is complicated, so I have to figure out how to do it. Ideally what you want is something like "Shift+Left Click" does a Rejuvenation/HOT, and "Shift+Right Click" does the channeled heal, like Holy Beam, then "Shift+Middle Button" does Shield (Divine Protection in the case of the Diving Staff, for example). For a nature staff it would Rejuv-Circle of Life-Breeze (Left, Middle, Right).

Also, notice that mounting up is by default bound to A, which is totally wrong because you need A to be casting spells. Change mount up to Z.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Professor_Chad ().

• Professor_Chad wrote:

If you are clicking on stuff trying to heal, it will never have a top end result.

To heal effectively in a 5-7 man you have to change your key bindings so that party member #2 is bound to the "2" key, #3 is bound to the "3" key and so on. Do not use the function keys.

When you want to heal, say, person number 3, then you press "3" then the heal spell. As above you can change the order of the party members, so you should move the top heal targets, like the main tank to the #2 or #3 position in the party because it is easier to hit the 2 or 3 key than the 5 or 6 key.

Also, you need to change your spell bindings from the default Q-W-E, escpecially the Alt-Q to heal self, which is useless. Here are the bindings I use:

Notice how in this binding each self-heal is directly above the same 3rd party target heal. So, for example, Rejuvenation on a party member is "A", but to Rejuv myself is "Q". So, for example, if I want to Rejuv the main tank I press "2A".

These key bindings are what you want because the most important spells are on the keys your fingers rest ASDFG, so you don't have to reach for a key. The only spell that is not on the baseline of the keyboard is the Run spell (boots), which is R.

In a raid, unfortunately you have to click on health bars. Move the tanks or other key heal targets to the #2, #3 and #4 positions in the raid so you can heal them with hotkeys. The other people have to be healed by clicking. Someday soon I play to set up my mouse to "heal by click", but it is complicated, so I have to figure out how to do it. Ideally what you want is something like "Shift+Left Click" does a Rejuvenation/HOT, and "Shift+Right Click" does the channeled heal, like Holy Beam, then "Shift+Middle Button" does Shield (Divine Protection in the case of the Diving Staff, for example). For a nature staff it would Rejuv-Circle of Life-Breeze (Left, Middle, Right).

Also, notice that mounting up is by default bound to A, which is totally wrong because you need A to be casting spells. Change mount up to Z.
      I haven't the slightest idea where you get your data from but this is absolutely wrong. Just because -your- experience makes these methods work, doesn't mean other methods "will never have a top end result" or "useless". You're still using a 2 step method (target -> heal) on everything other than self healing and self healing on separate buttons is more cognitive load than a modifier key. I would love to see something like WoW raid frame addons where you can hover over a unit frame and hit the button as opposed to hard targeting (which is more efficient due to less actions required) but, we don't have that and I don't see it happening. Either way, I'm glad this works for you and it's certainly viable, but don't come off like it's the only way to be effective. Because it's not.
    • Bieve wrote:

Professor_Chad wrote:

If you are clicking on stuff trying to heal, it will never have a top end result.

I haven't the slightest idea where you get your data from but this is absolutely wrong. Just because -your- experience makes these methods work, doesn't mean other methods "will never have a top end result" or "useless". You're still using a 2 step method (target -> heal) on everything other than self healing and self healing on separate buttons is more cognitive load than a modifier key. I would love to see something like WoW raid frame addons where you can hover over a unit frame and hit the button as opposed to hard targeting (which is more efficient due to less actions required) but, we don't have that and I don't see it happening. Either way, I'm glad this works for you and it's certainly viable, but don't come off like it's the only way to be effective. Because it's not.
      He doesn't read patch notes let alone anything else.

Clicking the party bar is sufficient for pretty much all activities.
      [i][u][b]"Best not type too much I may get in trouble"[/b][/u][/i]