Changes for Guild Season 12

• All good changes, but I'm not sure the additional level of 20v20 is going to do much to increase how many people are doing this activity.

From my experience, because of how expensive all the meta artifacts are (like robes of purity) it's a really hard jump for 20 players to make from level 1 (non-lethal) to the next level with full loot, no matter what the IP soft cap is.

I don't know if the solution is to increase drop rates of avalonian fragments/artifacts or to make the 2nd level also non-lethal but just at a higher IP cap?

Really a fan of all the changes to encourage more open world, especially small scale content.
      AO Quick Reference Guide
      Discord: Grimhawke#9254

• Grimhawke-EB wrote:

All good changes, but I'm not sure the additional level of 20v20 is going to do much to increase how many people are doing this activity.

From my experience, because of how expensive all the meta artifacts are (like robes of purity) it's a really hard jump for 20 players to make from level 1 (non-lethal) to the next level with full loot, no matter what the IP soft cap is.

I don't know if the solution is to increase drop rates of avalonian fragments/artifacts or to make the 2nd level also non-lethal but just at a higher IP cap?

Really a fan of all the changes to encourage more open world, especially small scale content.
      I think making level 2 non lethal with a higher IP cap would help players gradually move up the ranks away from 1s and into 2s and then 3s.

900 IP is like Flat 4 or 4.1 gear for players like me with maxed out DB.

The post was edited 1 time, last by A.Frosted.Wolf ().

• Grimhawke-EB wrote:

All good changes, but I'm not sure the additional level of 20v20 is going to do much to increase how many people are doing this activity.

Why do you want to add additional non lethal lvl? It makes completely no sense. The problem was the gap between teams that play lvl 2 right now (only good teams) and lvl 1 (casual teams), not an IP cap (noone cares about it). By adding a mid tier daily you have a chance to play with teams that want to progress in a full loot manner. So everything is fine as Retorman proposed. I remind both of you that it is a full loot game, so only lvl 1 non lethal is perfect, just like it is on 5v5.

Cheers!

The post was edited 2 times, last by Ashoracky ().

• It's been said before, but i say it again.
      The price for capes/artifacts needs to go down, else only the big guilds/alliances can afford to participate in full loot crystals, so even if SBI adds 300 levels and still only 1 none full pvp, it won't change a darn thing.

I do like the hideout changes, should take out some resources from the game.
    • Retroman wrote:

Hello players of Albion,

This is intended to increase the importance of guild objectives like Territories and Castles globally as an important source of Season Point and Siphoned Energy generation. While these changes will flatten the progression curve, we are also increasing the overall output on the higher end:

Guild Challenge
      We decreased Season Points gained for the first 15 Guild Challenge Levels, to reduce the amount of global Siphoned Energy generated via the Guild Challenge and put more emphasis on open world objectives

Cheers,
      Retro
      @Retroman

I guess you do have access to metrics which help you to choose how to do the balance in term of season point earned by activities, and how to change them at each Season, but us players are kinda lost. Even if you make it very clear, about the player behavior you wanna promote to earn season point in the next season, it still feel very uneasy to know the current situation.

Would you mind give us a recap about how many points where earned for each kind of activities in the current season?
      ( For instance, my guild didn't do much world boss, and you made me curious about how well it is working for other guilds )

( Even better, if you can give us, one day, an ingame information/tool to know how we did generate our points )

Also, you didn't mention mage raiding at all as something which will change. Are you happy with the current state of Albion regarding this activity ?

Thanks a lots for your posts !
      Cheers,
      Grul
    • "We also intend to make further adjustments to Hideout mechanics in patches throughout the season. We want to adress how easy it is to create a safety net with multiple Hideouts and the Power Projection it enables."

Wau, I mean this reaction is fast, the issue is just fresh and you with the speed of light understand it and start fix it..crazy performance as a game developer
    • Norgannon wrote:

@Retroman won't remove the mechanics of sharing points with the alliance?
      What about that ? :
      - For guild challenge to never being shared (it have guild in the name after all)
      - For alliances with less than 300 members, that each guild in it gains all the points (exactly as if all the members were in the same guild, as a matter of fact)
      => that would avoid punishing smaller forces in their quest for a decent size
      - But for larger alliance, from what I understand, actual alliance sharing point system is made to discourage mega alliances were all guilds would push one to the top, so it seems to me good and necessary.

The post was edited 4 times, last by grul ().

• grul wrote:

Norgannon wrote:

@Retroman won't remove the mechanics of sharing points with the alliance?
      What about that ? :- For guild challenge to never being shared (it have guild in the name after all)
      - For alliances with less than 300 members, that each guild in it gains all the points (exactly as if all the members were in the same guild, as a matter of fact)
      => that would avoid punishing smaller forces in their quest for a decent size
      - But for larger alliance, from what I understand, actual alliance sharing point system is made to discourage mega alliances were all guilds would push one to the top, so it seems to me good and necessary.
      The thing is it doesnt achieve anything. Did you see how soon Black Order got crystal this season? It is on a mega alliance pushing it to top, but without the tag.
    • A.Frosted.Wolf wrote:

@Retroman

I am a veteran player that has been running world boss groups since season 8. IF you really want to make world boss raid zones enticing to players then you need to focus on the real reason they are not farmed as much.

That reason is because of how stupidly easy it is to get trolled. It's not Group A farming the zone and getting contested by Group B. It is 1 single troll destroying the ability to "comfortably" do the content while said troll is around.

I enjoy the challenge of seeing a team come to dive you whether it is in a static, a random, or at the world boss raid zones. What I do not enjoy, and I feel from experience that others do not enjoy is that a single troll can ruin the experience.

Here is a prime example of what i mean.

It's possible right now for a single person to put on WORTHLESS gear and troll the group attempting to play in a raid zone. It's all reward and no risk. All they need is to get lucky enough to get them downed so that they can execute someone. As long as there is a single troll in the area, it increases the risk exponentially for the group utilizing the zone. Further more, Scouting in these zones are done with/by naked or low tier accounts for easy kills.

The changes that need to be made.

1) Increase the log out timer inside the Raid Zone to 300 seconds matching that of instanced zones.
      2) Add more mobs to reduce the number of safe spots you can log out/ hide in.
      3) Make the Raid Mobs have the ability to see through/negate/ignore Invisibility.
      4) Make the Raid Mobs have the ability to knock down in 1 hit, any and all mounts.
      5) Increase the silver dropped by mobs on said buff as well. Veterans like me have their DB maxed and the silver drain keeps us away. 20M respec cost drain in 2 hours with subpar drops makes for avoidance rather than usage of the raid zone.

If your goal is to truly make it so that another group can challenge a group already inside the zone for a chance at some of the best fame in the game, then you need to make it more appealing to the masses to use the zones content.
      If you want security, Albion is not for you!

The post was edited 1 time, last by IPSAmazon ().

• IPSAmazon wrote:

A.Frosted.Wolf wrote:

@Retroman

I am a veteran player that has been running world boss groups since season 8. IF you really want to make world boss raid zones enticing to players then you need to focus on the real reason they are not farmed as much.

That reason is because of how stupidly easy it is to get trolled. It's not Group A farming the zone and getting contested by Group B. It is 1 single troll destroying the ability to "comfortably" do the content while said troll is around.

I enjoy the challenge of seeing a team come to dive you whether it is in a static, a random, or at the world boss raid zones. What I do not enjoy, and I feel from experience that others do not enjoy is that a single troll can ruin the experience.

It's possible right now for a single person to put on WORTHLESS gear and troll the group attempting to play in a raid zone. It's all reward and no risk. All they need is to get lucky enough to get them downed so that they can execute someone. As long as there is a single troll in the area, it increases the risk exponentially for the group utilizing the zone. Further more, Scouting in these zones are done with/by naked or low tier accounts for easy kills.

1) Increase the log out timer inside the Raid Zone to 300 seconds matching that of instanced zones.
      3) Make the Raid Mobs have the ability to see through/negate/ignore Invisibility.
      4) Make the Raid Mobs have the ability to knock down in 1 hit, any and all mounts.
      5) Increase the silver dropped by mobs on said buff as well. Veterans like me have their DB maxed and the silver drain keeps us away. 20M respec cost drain in 2 hours with subpar drops makes for avoidance rather than usage of the raid zone.

If your goal is to truly make it so that another group can challenge a group already inside the zone for a chance at some of the best fame in the game, then you need to make it more appealing to the masses to use the zones content.
      My suggestion is to use an Alt character and leave it at the door to see who gets in and who gets out.
      So your suggestion is to break the rules of the game?
    • Retroman wrote:

Guild Challenge
      We decreased Season Points gained for the first 15 Guild Challenge Levels, to reduce the amount of global Siphoned Energy generated via the Guild Challenge and put more emphasis on open world objectives:
      • Level 1: 50 → 20
      • Level 2: 100 → 40
      • Level 3: 150 → 60
      • Level 4: 200 → 80
      • Level 5: 250 → 100
      • Level 6: 300 → 120
      • Level 7: 300 → 140
      • Level 8: 300 → 160
      • Level 9: 300 → 180
      • Level 10: 300 → 200
      • Level 11: 300 → 220
      • Level 12: 300 → 240
      • Level 13: 300 → 260
      • Level 14: 300 → 280
      • Level 15+: 300 (remains unchanged)

Reminder: This will have a negative effect on all legitimate medium/small sized guilds.

Most of the population don't care or play the seasons competitively and this change will further decrease the interest making seasons something only the top 30-50 guilds actually care about (the only guilds NOT affected is top 5-10%).

Putting the blame on HCE players taking advantage of levels is not a good excuse to screw a large majority of silver guilds ingame.
    • Vocandin wrote:

Hideouts
      Hideouts will now regenerate only 1 shield after a successful defense instead of all shields at once.

Insane change! No more showing just on last shield.
      How about allowing one HO to be designated as the MAIN HO (designated at build, cannot be changed unless destroyed and a new one built and designated) which all shields regen as it does presently. This change helps smaller guilds while still penalizing those guilds/alliances that HO spam.

- Drumpf's taxes are in the hands of the SDNY, tick...tick...tick...BOOM!
    • IPSAmazon wrote:

A.Frosted.Wolf wrote:

@Retroman

My suggestion is to use an Alt character and leave it at the door to see who gets in and who gets out.
      To combat the current mechanics of "world boss trolling" one can do alot of changes that would make sense to make trolling harder.

#1 People who ride on oxes shouldnt be able to apply cc or deal damage to other players.

reason: Groups that arent built around ganking are barely able to dismount an ox, so an ox rider can just sit inside a group forever without consequences. Also people who ride oxes normally dont intend to do any kind of PvP anyway, unless they are looking to troll.

#2 Make invisibility not work on mobs, also rework skinner boots.

reason: Invisibility is currently used for 2 things, lose mob aggro and ganking. Losing mob aggro with invisibility most likely shouldnt be a thing as it is only used for trolling or for pve parties who dont want to manage aggro, so every dps player has invisibility to reset aggro.

#3 make people who got knocked back recently immune to mob aggro for X seconds.

Reason: knockback trolls.

Those 3 things together would probably remove world boss trolling generally as it would be impossible to get an advantage over a group by being able to retreat through mobs, or sitting on an ox which they cant dismount.

• I don't know why you forgot to add this important detail to the main post, but this change sucks a lot. Lowering points of guild challenges, plus raising the points requirements, while also improving something the points generated by TERRITORIES (AKA places controlled by strong guilds or coalitions), will only affect small and medium guilds. I believe this new silver cap will affect a LOT of guilds who doesn't have the strenght to fight on castles and outposts everyday, among other activities, since not only their main point source is getting nerfed, but the cap is also being raised. Plus now getting to gold is even MORE difficult lol, but in terms of raising its cap by % it's way less than silver bracket at least. I mean, I understand it's an MMO and some people throw away their lives to play it, but getting higher caps, while also giving more bonuses to things like territories, are just helping 1 type of guilds: "competitive guilds", while screwing the rest.

To me, developers are just thinking "hey since we're increasing the points a little bit over there, let's raise again the cap!". But they don't listen or care at all about small or medium guilds, or more casual oriented guilds (who still play the game everyday, buy gold, etc), because how come you don't realise you're screwing that many players it's really out of my understanding. At least review or remove the point sharing system if this is the case.

Gryffyth:Toma tu arma y síguenos en discord.gg/ktrNXWN

The post was edited 1 time, last by Neesh ().