1H frost plate - meta since start of corrupted dungeons. Way, way too strong.

• 1H frost plate - meta since start of corrupted dungeons. Way, way too strong.

I am honestly sick of 1H frost with armor of valor. It´s not fun fighting against it.

If you meet 1H plate frost in like 8.3, it will overwhelm you with sheer ip. Majority of builds just simply can´t do anything. It´s just too strong. It can easily catch you, and on the other hand - you can´t ever finish it. There is simply no way for majority of builds. I dont know which build can contend against it.

Q hits hard as hell, frost nova is extremely strong even after the little nerf, and the root on E is impossible to miss and it roots hard.

It´s just too strong. There are no weaknesses to it. You cant really do anything.

I was playing with battleaxe and was chasing this one T8 plate frost guy. If it was 8.3, he could just stand and not move and he would just destroy me with Q, despite me being 8.1,5. Now guess what ? Me with mistcaller, CC fish, i had no means of finishing him. There is simply no way. And battleaxe is very high mobility. I even tried pork omelette for reducing cooldowns. After more than 30 minutes, there simply wasnt any way for me to kill it. From now on,i will simply not fight these. There is no way to defeat it.

It´s kinda boring, Build like this is just a money making build. You grab 8.3, you are pretty much immortal, You meet low ip people ,and you dont even need to do anything - you just easily kill it. And nobody can pretty much kill you.

Its not about skill. There is simply nothing majority of builds can do about it. And its so easy to play.

At least cloth 1H frost, that can be killed, as mistakes are punished - but this ? Nope. This is just simple money making method, and i consider it even worse than tombhammer meta. Its just not fun, and i hope it will get somewhat nerfed.
      My YT channel - Solo greataxe killing everything https://www.youtube.com/user/DhaosNK/video=7
    • i do not see the problem with frost plate.

As a bow of badon and Regular bow user since you know

badon cancel out their q cast and bow simply out damage a plate in a dps race

i do have some problems as a crossbow user but that is due to mobility
      and i do not see any problems daggers users face against frost i would say they are equal footing

and beside you are taking a melee sustain dps build with moderate damage (roughly 25% less damage then broadsword)
      that has no form of cc against a kite build and expect to win?

try taking burst build or a cc build that is meta.

a meta is truely broken if the otherside can 100 to 0 you in plate with no counter play tombhammer or have so much sustain like hallowfall

1h frost cannot 100 to 0 you cause its a root and not a stun you can still pop hunter hood and other defensives like resist pots to counter their dps Q burst morgana cape or even use demon helm to silence their casts

unlike tomb hammer that stuns and one shot you in PLATE mind you and you cannot put up any form of resistance that is called broken. so 1h frost is not broken cause its main damage can be blocked by many ways unlike tomb hammer
      Check out My new Albion Online Expansion idea 4 thread:
      https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/143592-Albion-Online-Expansion-Idea-4/
    • Am I really the only one that is convinced all this imbalance is not a skill balance issue but poor game mode design?

Zero incentive to fight for + ability to run in circles + infinite reset

Results to imbalance of anything that can reset and can regen fast...

As soon as after some time there be a chest like 2 hg to compete or a rising lava in a boss room as we have currently in the NDA playtests ..that solve it...I don't know why they simply switch the current lava rise design of the upcoming expansion that everybody liked during the playtests to cd...
    • in 2 hg you have multiple comp options and2 ppl can cover for each other's weakness but in solo (corrupted dungeons) there are just some builds that cannot handle some builds that is what the crystals is for

it is hard to strike a balance for combat between Pure PVE builds that focus on total farm farm and PVP build that hunt them down in corrupteds
      on one hand you have the PVE people who do their very best at ratting and on the other hand we have people just looking for a guarantied fight
      and to be honest pve and rat builds have the upperhand when it comes to survival

then you have to look in some PvP vs PvP builds like one shot builds, plate builds, kite builds one type of build must at least have 1 weakness and not be very cancerous like tomb hammer or hallowfall

One shot builds must have a predictable set up and be squishy for the high risk high reward gameplay while tank(plate) build must do less damage but should be able to counter any one shots while build that kite have the best of both worlds but still need to take some time to kill builds

this way it is balanced for solo play

but in hellgates where 2 sides have to fight or rather is forced to fight for 1 chest it is beneficial to have rising lava to stop some kiting builds wasting time
      healers running and reseting or kite builds that run in circles is much more unbearable when 2 players are involved cause as 2 players there are much more options and strategy avaliable and it is not a 0 sum game like in corrupted dungeons where the other player is forced to break crystals just cause the other side counters them 100%
      https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/143592-Albion-Online-Expansion-Idea-4/
    • The_Support_God wrote:

in 2 hg you have multiple comp options and2 ppl can cover for each other's weakness but in solo (corrupted dungeons) there are just some builds that cannot handle some builds that is what the crystals is for

it is hard to strike a balance for combat between Pure PVE builds that focus on total farm farm and PVP build that hunt them down in corrupteds
      on one hand you have the PVE people who do their very best at ratting and on the other hand we have people just looking for a guarantied fight
      and to be honest pve and rat builds have the upperhand when it comes to survival

then you have to look in some PvP vs PvP builds like one shot builds, plate builds, kite builds one type of build must at least have 1 weakness and not be very cancerous like tomb hammer or hallowfall

One shot builds must have a predictable set up and be squishy for the high risk high reward gameplay while tank(plate) build must do less damage but should be able to counter any one shots while build that kite have the best of both worlds but still need to take some time to kill builds

this way it is balanced for solo play

but in hellgates where 2 sides have to fight or rather is forced to fight for 1 chest it is beneficial to have rising lava to stop some kiting builds wasting time
      healers running and reseting or kite builds that run in circles is much more unbearable when 2 players are involved cause as 2 players there are much more options and strategy avaliable and it is not a 0 sum game like in corrupted dungeons where the other player is forced to break crystals just cause the other side counters them 100%
      then don't go for the final chest and break crystal - but there is an objective, if your build doesn't allow to go for it, you go crystal and not in the boss room where the reward is but also the lock-in and the rising lava

It is called risk vs reward

Not avoid PvP for a pvp reward..
    • It was plateletter then it was light crossbow, hallowfall, tombhammer and now its frost.
      What do you think will happen after frost nerfs?
      Will the game be balanced or will people find new op build within a week?
      I think you are fooling yourself if you expect cd to be balanced in any capacity.
      Braking crystals as a chance to avoid bad fights is the best thing you can get as far as balance is concerned.

This is a rpg game where people with better gear have an advantage and don't need the skill to win.
      If you don't like rpg aspect of the game go play stalker where everyone is on equal footing.
    • plate letter and lightcross bow was not a problem and both this build did not get nerfed directly

both are still in the same state when CD started. strong but not broken

those 2 fall out of meta naturally cause plate letter was a running build not a fighting one
      they can kill but there are builds out there that can win 50/50 chance

and lightcross bow had no mobility so when hallowfall became meta they naturally fell out of relevance

and 1 h frost that during that time with chillhowl was considered the best during that time cause of the single E cast and run meta playing as a poke thats why they nerf chillhowl cast range

the true first meta in my opinion is when hallow fall came around cause they have enough mobility to be on par with plate letter and frost while out healing both

then came the start of armour of valor meta where people started to find build that work with them like frost

and finnaly we reached the tomb hammer meta where someone saw the buffs tombhammer received a few patches ago which decreased the hit delay and stand time to almost half the original stand time and decide to combine it with armor of valor

and by pure coincidence it has one of the longest range E that hammer tree has the highest CC duration by 0.3 seconds higher then second place and also the fastest cooldown in the hammer tree at 14 seconds

and that gave birth to a monster that has mobility on par with frost and bow that has a hard cc that last 4 seconds at 8.3 gear on a 14 second cooldown and mind you that most defensives has a 30 second cooldown.

things like groove keeper or 1h hammer or polehammer is balanced around long cooldown timer or short ranges (of less then 11 meters) but tomb hammer had less aoe CC for the benefit of lower cd (14 seconds) ,higher CC duration, range(pre nerf range 16 meters) and when combined with near instant hit speed makes it broken for 1v1 while being less than ideal for group content

The post was edited 1 time, last by The_Support_God ().

• Borbarad wrote:

I am honestly sick of 1H frost with armor of valor. It´s not fun fighting against it.

If you meet 1H plate frost in like 8.3, it will overwhelm you with sheer ip. Majority of builds just simply can´t do anything. It´s just too strong. It can easily catch you, and on the other hand - you can´t ever finish it. There is simply no way for majority of builds. I dont know which build can contend against it.

Q hits hard as hell, frost nova is extremely strong even after the little nerf, and the root on E is impossible to miss and it roots hard.

It´s just too strong. There are no weaknesses to it. You cant really do anything.

I was playing with battleaxe and was chasing this one T8 plate frost guy. If it was 8.3, he could just stand and not move and he would just destroy me with Q, despite me being 8.1,5. Now guess what ? Me with mistcaller, CC fish, i had no means of finishing him. There is simply no way. And battleaxe is very high mobility. I even tried pork omelette for reducing cooldowns. After more than 30 minutes, there simply wasnt any way for me to kill it. From now on,i will simply not fight these. There is no way to defeat it.

It´s kinda boring, Build like this is just a money making build. You grab 8.3, you are pretty much immortal, You meet low ip people ,and you dont even need to do anything - you just easily kill it. And nobody can pretty much kill you.

Its not about skill. There is simply nothing majority of builds can do about it. And its so easy to play.

At least cloth 1H frost, that can be killed, as mistakes are punished - but this ? Nope. This is just simple money making method, and i consider it even worse than tombhammer meta. Its just not fun, and i hope it will get somewhat nerfed.
      true frost is generally super strong when it comes to 1v1 .. I guess that was the intention to create this tree. The problem is not in the FROST, but in PLATE .. many people, whether it's streamers or people who have played this game for a few years, know that the problem is PLATE DMG ..
      just give -40% PLATE, leave the value 0 vs MOBS and the matter is settled, the META will be refreshed immediately and there will not be so many cancers, one must admit it :

Quarterstaffs
      • Reworked the ability Separator (regular Quarter Staff)
      • The new ability is called Vault Leap:
        • Vault leap to the targeted position, dealing 148 physical damage in a 5m radius. Throws all enemies for 0.8s into the air. If you hit at least one enemy you become immune to damage and all Crowd Control effects for 1.5s.
        • Cast Time: 0.7s (uninterruptible) / Cooldown: 20s / Cast Range: 15

one of the changes that improves the gameplay of the CD.

Flee (Miner Workboots)
      • The abiltiy will now always silence the caster even if he is immune to silence by another effect
      • While silenced from Flee the caster will also be unable to use potions

I don't quite understand why they left the CD unchanged .. people will continue to abuse it, although it's a good thing GLITCH has been fixed.

it's slowly starting to look better.
    • The_Support_God wrote:

plate letter and lightcross bow was not a problem and both this build did not get nerfed directly
      you are wrong, the crossbow has been weakened significantly .. check NDA.
      plateletter got NERF on Q2 but that's not enough scholar sandals and problem fixed. (BL overall is broken, there's no other weapon what can deal that much dmg with only auto attack + spam W, without E) even losing trade to 10% HP u have your execution just incase)
      From the very beginning, the CD plate is always in the top10. as you can see this is not a "weapon" problem but armor?

The post was edited 1 time, last by deenne ().

• deenne wrote:

The_Support_God wrote:

plate letter and lightcross bow was not a problem and both this build did not get nerfed directly
      you are wrong, the crossbow has been weakened significantly .. check NDA.
      What are you smoking bruh?

Light crossbow got huge buff - cannot be removed by guardian helm. On top of that, you dont even see it as a debuff anymore, which is a huge advantage.

Kiting Q range got nerfed from 15m to 13m and knockback shot can be considered buff for skilled players.

Crossbows are as strong as ever, and the Q dmg is busted.

And yes, plate armor is busted. But so is 1h frost. 15 seconds cooldown with long root and high aoe damage that is impossible to miss ? Bruh.
      My YT channel - Solo greataxe killing everything https://www.youtube.com/user/DhaosNK/video=7
    • The problem with plate is that it can pick and choose fighting where nothing else really can effectively. Most plate users simply avoid all 50/50 fights by shard break and only fight huge favorability matchups. Fix CD design and your plate issue also goes away. Another big piece is health regen out of combat. Make that equal across all armors and you will also see more varied armor use. Many use plate simply because of that alone.