Dev Talk: Faction Warfare Revamped

    • Dev Talk: Faction Warfare Revamped

      In our newest Dev Talk, Albion's Game Director, Robin Henkys, introduces the major changes coming to Faction Warfare with the Call to Arms update. (Note: since this is a huge feature with lots to discuss, we'll have multiple videos covering this topic.)



      Note: this video includes subtitles for all our supported languages.

      Prefer a written summary? Click here: albiononline.com/en/news/devtalk-faction-warfare-revamped
    • So many questions OMG

      So, I can't wait for this update, how long until we can test those in TS?

      And I saw tharcal fissure with 5 outpost, seems like yellow zone have 5 outpost insted of 3, like red zone.
      I hope that you really get lower rewards in yellow zone, because even if theres a diminishing rewards in yellow and blue zone that can be countered by that amount of outpost.

      congratz on the update, seems awesome
    • ySLiink wrote:

      So many questions OMG

      So, I can't wait for this update, how long until we can test those in TS?

      And I saw tharcal fissure with 5 outpost, seems like yellow zone have 5 outpost insted of 3, like red zone.
      I hope that you really get lower rewards in yellow zone, because even if theres a diminishing rewards in yellow and blue zone that can be countered by that amount of outpost.

      congratz on the update, seems awesome
      There's 5 outposts at red zones too, 1:40
    • PoG champ.

      i love the new changes except the part where the road to carleon will be longer and more dangeous than it is now.

      well gathering in the new zone and transporting hearts would be more entertaining i guess
      https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/155980-The-Forums-Could-Use-a-Night-Mode-Theme/

      Contribute to Night Mode with the link above

      FYI here is a picture me hugging Night Mode
    • IP Cap will be the only solution to avoid new players to be farmed like potatos.
      I think SBI knows this.
      Also what about Clusterque in Royals? High Limit or just the same endless clusterque like in black zone?
      Small Scaler, Meuchelmörder & Notfall-Nature-Healer
      Proscriptus
      Ruhm und Ehre erwarten euch nur auf dem Schlachtfeld!
    • Piraterer wrote:

      IP Cap will be the only solution to avoid new players to be farmed like potatos.
      I think SBI knows this.
      Also what about Clusterque in Royals? High Limit or just the same endless clusterque like in black zone?
      Don't even suggest burning the only possibility for 'old-style' zvz without stupid mechanics like cluster queue debuff or ip caps involved. New players have blue and yellow zones without full loot. Make red zone factions alternative content to albion politics and handholdings and finally offer something to guilds that are about killing not bending knees
    • ySLiink wrote:

      So many questions OMG

      So, I can't wait for this update, how long until we can test those in TS?

      And I saw tharcal fissure with 5 outpost, seems like yellow zone have 5 outpost insted of 3, like red zone.
      I hope that you really get lower rewards in yellow zone, because even if theres a diminishing rewards in yellow and blue zone that can be countered by that amount of outpost.

      congratz on the update, seems awesome

      Anonxinho wrote:

      Nice, please share some news about the rework on HG 2x2 too!

      Are a lot of players interest and anxious about this update.
      More dev talks following soon. I'm sure some more questions will be answered there.

      - Hellements
    • Question: those already with maxed out reputation in 1 or more faction, will they be automatically granted the maximum rank in that faction(s) or will everyone start from zero?

      Moreover, will pve activities like solo/group RD and gathering still grant faction points if flagged like they do now?
    • What's there to worry about? This is meant to drag new players into the fray. I can see no reason why it won't work, since joining a faction PVP in blue/yellow shall be no more dangerous than, say, doing a group dungeon or even a Hunter CD. Newbies should get their chance to practice, even if their rewards are a fraction of what real risk-takers get. If you don't risk losing your gear, and there's faction fame and PVP skill to take away... seriously, who wouldn't want that?
      ________________________
      Vexilla regis prodeunt inferni...
    • Loucipher wrote:

      What's there to worry about? This is meant to drag new players into the fray. I can see no reason why it won't work, since joining a faction PVP in blue/yellow shall be no more dangerous than, say, doing a group dungeon or even a Hunter CD. Newbies should get their chance to practice, even if their rewards are a fraction of what real risk-takers get. If you don't risk losing your gear, and there's faction fame and PVP skill to take away... seriously, who wouldn't want that?
      the risk it's if you have a friend you can farm him for point , the only thing you loose is the money for repair. I understand the point to push new player to pvp but i m worried of game breaking rules. See with CD in the start , infamy system was really bad.
    • If you and your friend are both enlisted for different factions, this should make you valid targets for each other IMO. That's what Faction Warfare is all about. Heck, people are fame farming all the time on mobs and dungs (even earning silver in the process), so why not fame farm on Faction Warfare? Seems perfectly legit to me. Too much combat fame will eventually force you to respec anyway.
      ________________________
      Vexilla regis prodeunt inferni...