Mercenary Jacket in Corrupted Dungeons

• I would like to see it reworked in some fashion similar to mage robe where DoTs do not trigger the heal. Same with cleric robe. This would avoid some of the abusive builds we see in CDs where they toss out DoTs and run away with no purge possibility. We are in a weird spot right now with DoT inconsistency interaction.
    • how about this Dots from fire badon and axes or something like posion from mage cowl and poison arrow does not count towards on hit effects

so things like merc jacket wont be instant heal and armor of valor wont machine gun you from the many small hits you do

but instead things that rely on on hit like armour of valor and merc jacket gets buffed to stronger levels so players will actualy be rewarded for staying in the fight doing on hit damage instead of running once you land 1 multi hit skill or be punished hard for hitting them

it does not seem fair that builds that rely on dots that deal that extra small damage to be punished hard against some items

vile curse and curses in general on the other hand is a different story. their build is about hard hitting Dots every 2 seconds so they are not as affected by something like armor of valor as much and benefits slightly less from merc jacket or actually they are very reliant on merc jacket

i suggest vile curse stacks be a special category where it is both a Dot and On hit to keep its identity as a curse weapon

while every other Dot in the curse line receive the same Dot treatment like fire and curse
      https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/155980-The-Forums-Could-Use-a-Night-Mode-Theme/

Contribute to Night Mode with the link above

FYI here is a picture me hugging Night Mode
    • Tabor wrote:

I would like to see it reworked in some fashion similar to mage robe where DoTs do not trigger the heal. Same with cleric robe. This would avoid some of the abusive builds we see in CDs where they toss out DoTs and run away with no purge possibility. We are in a weird spot right now with DoT inconsistency interaction.
      Making it so that u need to pop the jacket first would essentially do that, the fact that you can DoT someone up and then proc it sucks all the skill out of it... Look at badon for example they just fire it off after the ability hits, it's a horrible mechanic.

The_Support_God wrote:

how about this Dots from fire badon and axes or something like posion from mage cowl and poison arrow does not count towards on hit effects

so things like merc jacket wont be instant heal and armor of valor wont machine gun you from the many small hits you do

but instead things that rely on on hit like armour of valor and merc jacket gets buffed to stronger levels so players will actualy be rewarded for staying in the fight doing on hit damage instead of running once you land 1 multi hit skill or be punished hard for hitting them

it does not seem fair that builds that rely on dots that deal that extra small damage to be punished hard against some items

vile curse and curses in general on the other hand is a different story. their build is about hard hitting Dots every 2 seconds so they are not as affected by something like armor of valor as much and benefits slightly less from merc jacket or actually they are very reliant on merc jacket

i suggest vile curse stacks be a special category where it is both a Dot and On hit to keep its identity as a curse weapon

while every other Dot in the curse line receive the same Dot treatment like fire and curse
      I think a better solution would be not to proc it on abilities unless they are used AFTER the merc jacket is used, but this might be hard to program... I'm not sure... I could be asking too much with this one, but making it not proc off the crystals would be an easy fix for starters. It could require a new variable for it not to proc unless the ability is used after the jacket is, I well understand how programming works so I try and make my suggestions be easy fixes for the most part. This is why I say just make it not proc off the crystals, it's a deserved nerf but won't kill the whole kit; and is easy to program.
    • JonnnyBones wrote:

Now that the heal has been removed from Guardian Helmet, this build has became much stronger (it was already extremely good)... My suggestion is to remove the ability to life-steal off the crystals, and possibly nerf the lifesteal vs mobs.
      I disagree and that's because the new guardian is much stronger, not only does it remove DOT but also gives a shield that completely counteracts the Mercenary Jacket. Choosing a place to fight is something that makes you "better", you see a mercenary jacket, don't fight near crystals or minions. this is the only answer to hit and run weapons.
    • deenne wrote:

JonnnyBones wrote:

Now that the heal has been removed from Guardian Helmet, this build has became much stronger (it was already extremely good)... My suggestion is to remove the ability to life-steal off the crystals, and possibly nerf the lifesteal vs mobs.
      I disagree and that's because the new guardian is much stronger, not only does it remove DOT but also gives a shield that completely counteracts the Mercenary Jacket. Choosing a place to fight is something that makes you "better", you see a mercenary jacket, don't fight near crystals or minions. this is the only answer to hit and run weapons.
      last time I checked the mercenary jacket last 8 seconds

oh and I'm not letting the other person completely dictate the where the fight takes place, that is the whole reason the crystals are there in the first place. You can't just force someone to fight where you want, if you go up against someone decent they won't even let you top-screen them a single time... let alone fight you while you hug a crystal LMAO.
    • JonnnyBones wrote:

Why are you even making topics ? That´s like second or third topic i saw that is absolute garbo, jesus christ bruh.

Plate armor is problem, not merc jacket.

The issue with merc jacket is that some weapons can get to full value way too easily - like crossbows with their insane Q, or bolcasters with E . Same with badon. Curse+ grudge, sure. Bleeds on axe to a degree.

But even then - guardian helmet shuts it down hard. Fiend cowl shuts it down. CC, invis, or retreating it shuts it down. Not so much against badons, as one E and they get most of the value unless you hit guardian helm.

Merc jacket can be strong, but good players know how to play around it.
      My YT channel - Solo greataxe killing everything https://www.youtube.com/user/DhaosNK/video=7
    • Borbarad wrote:

JonnnyBones wrote:

Why are you even making topics ? That´s like second or third topic i saw that is absolute garbo, jesus christ bruh.
      Plate armor is problem, not merc jacket.

The issue with merc jacket is that some weapons can get to full value way too easily - like crossbows with their insane Q, or bolcasters with E . Same with badon. Curse+ grudge, sure. Bleeds on axe to a degree.

But even then - guardian helmet shuts it down hard. Fiend cowl shuts it down. CC, invis, or retreating it shuts it down. Not so much against badons, as one E and they get most of the value unless you hit guardian helm.

Merc jacket can be strong, but good players know how to play around it.
      Against plate armor either fight them in the open (knight armor) or simply don't hit them when they are channeling (armor of valor). I don't get why you are crying about heavy armor unless you are one of these morons who's spewing mis-info about heavy frost being able to out damage light frost. For you to think that you must not understand how damage modifiers work, because if that were true people would be running heavy armor on everything including bows and swords LMAO!

Medium armor has the best stats all around, the best sustainability, and the only self-healing ability now... Also I don't see why you are complaining about my other threads unless you don't understand how the matchmaking works in corrupted either? If you are that lacking in game knowledge the feedback forum probably isn't the place for you bud.
    • Johnny, are you a troll ? Probably yes, seeing lot of your posts everywhere - posts that are often either 0 iq or just pure troll. I hope its troll case.

I already complained a lot about plates. They take away skill from the game and it becomes IP fest then. Plate beats cloth, cloth does not beat plate.

And as for armor of valor, that one i dislike very much. Because as an axe player, i cant do anything about it. I get silenced for like 5 seconds and take tons of damage from it. Not fun.
      My YT channel - Solo greataxe killing everything https://www.youtube.com/user/DhaosNK/video=7

The post was edited 1 time, last by Borbarad ().

• The_Support_God wrote:

lol? You have to be joking right?

There are so many ways to screw over merc already and you want builds with no quick attack be punished now?
    • Alysandra wrote:

The_Support_God wrote:

lol? You have to be joking right?
      There are so many ways to screw over merc already and you want builds with no quick attack be punished now?
      i am just putting it out there cause for a 1 min cd ability it is suppose to be this strong with the correct builds dont get me wrong (merc jacket with spectre hood for example)

and for the many ways it can be countered example purge and guardian helmet i say its well balanced

but in my original post i stated what if some DoT get a diffrent treatment than others (bleed vs vile curse for example)
      i am sure it will nerf builds that hit small many times

but to compensate for that the heal value can be increased but i feel after reading your comments that would put the cart before the horse

you cannot make everyone happy all the time

so the current iteration of the item is not the most balanced but works out the way it is as a compromise
      A high Cooldown High Impact Item with very good synergy with spectre hood and both has 1 min CD

also you sacrifice some hard defensives to achieve this level of self healing (increased vulnerability to one shot builds)
      and of course death by armor of valor

the silver lining to all of this is that nature Q thorns no longer has that reflect effect so DoT based builds can rest easy or at least is what i would say
      (ignores mob of try hard nature mains pounding on the door in the background saying down with the heretic )
      https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/155980-The-Forums-Could-Use-a-Night-Mode-Theme/

Contribute to Night Mode with the link above

FYI here is a picture me hugging Night Mode
    • Ophill wrote:

The corrupted dungeon crybabies aren't going to stop until every item in the game is nerfed. Corrupted dungeons are worst thing to happen to this games item balance.
      Lmao. I think they should do the opposite... The combat in albion used to actually be satisfying, but they added a bunch of unnecessary bullshit & then started nerfing everything. Essentially what they did with these nerfs was balance the entire game around the bloodletter. What we are left with is wet noodle fights & rock paper scissors match-ups. This games becoming a joke.

Oh and to all you morons who said there was nothing wrong with the mercenary jacket, are you still singing that tune a month later? Sorry retards, but you weren't on my level.

lmao @ plate letter abuser running from everyone with a mercenary jacket. Hate to say I told you so, but I told you so.
    • Merc jacket has good synergies with dots. It’s been like this for years. It’s a niche item that requires some other part of your kit to provide the frequent damage ticks required to proc the healing. It’s useless in group play because of healing sickness.

Merc jacket has a pretty healthy niche imo. I really don’t think it’s overtuned.

What’s the best build that uses merc jacket? Probably bear paws? If anything I’d say the bear paws are much worse offender in that case than the merc jacket.
      Hailz