Infamy rigged ladder

• Yes and no Johnny. The intent of most players doing this is not to avoid other good players but to avoid chasing fucking rats every other CD. Chasing super sonic speed builds in circles is the most terrible content the game has to offer and on top of that the Devs still have not somehow created a feature to allow players the option to requeue after shard breaks (come on Devs this NEEDs to happen).

The post was edited 1 time, last by Tabor ().

• Tabor wrote:

Yes and no Johnny. The intent of most players doing this is not to avoid other good players but to avoid chasing fucking rats every other CD. Chasing super sonic speed builds in circles is the most terrible content the game has to offer and on top of that the Devs still have not somehow created a feature to allow players the option to requeue after shard breaks (come on Devs this NEEDs to happen).
      Most of the time they are doing it just so they can have a path cleared, and yes because you always get invaded are are never the invader when you do it you don't get rats.

But at the same time when everyone doing this is only getting invaded, that means they are never invading each other which means they will never get matched against one another. This is a HUGE problem, I tested it out again & every time I did 1800 points first I got invaded by an easy fight... The one time I used the shrine early I got instantly thrown in against an 8.3 bow who had already cleared his whole dungeon. That is mostly all you get when you shrine early are dungeons with an already cleared path (so they can run in circles guaranteed) or the occasional rat.

Since the majority of the top infamy players do this, that explains why they are getting tons of easy fights and never facing eachother... They are essentially farming noobs for infamy and not being matched up against one another.

The post was edited 1 time, last by JonnnyBones ().

• Tabor wrote:

I do agree for consistency sake SBI needs to fix this bizarre match making mechanic. It does overall end up having far to many advantages with guaranteed clear paths etc.
      The main problem is people who get the points before using the shrine aren't facing each other, because they only get invaded and are never the invader! @Retroman I'm sure you're already aware of this but it needs to be fixed ASAP so the top infamy players can actually face each other!
    • I'm bumping this because it not getting any dev response yet, completely crazy! This should possibly be moved into the exploits board it's a massive problem... Why do you guys think none of these streamers are getting faced against each other? This is why, they are all farming points first so it is impossible... This needs to be fixed & the infamy ladder will fix itself (no wipe needed). Even if you just remove the shrine altogether as a temporary fix you guys need to do something, this should be fixed ASAP to try and preserve the ladder.

The post was edited 1 time, last by JonnnyBones ().

• Just remove the whole infamy system beside the rankings. its one of the reasons players rat, and with this issue they can clear a path to kill the crystals if needed. The whole infamy system is just not fair against players who are willing to PvP because there is no equal matchup system.

Rats who abuse this increasing their infamy without risk and get better loot.

Players who are willing to PvP need luck to get an equal matchup to get a fair win/loss amount of infamy.
    • deenne wrote:

Jessie wrote:

Just remove the whole infamy system beside the rankings.
      Exactly .. people don't play to have fun, they just play so as not to lose the ranking,the best example of how infame means nothing is the top infame players .. after nerf tombhammer, most of them lost 20m + in a week.
      Yep I've noticed if the other person actually fights back and doesn't hand over a free win they make a B line for those crystals... As soon as they face a tiny bit of adversity they make a run for it...

Instead of removing the crystals I would suggest removing the shrine and making it so you essentially get a fight every time, and have it be a 50/50 change if you are the invader or get invaded. That seems to be the best option instead of letting people farm 1800 points first, and then get invaded every single time by a lesser player.
    • JonnnyBones wrote:

deenne wrote:

Jessie wrote:

Exactly .. people don't play to have fun, they just play so as not to lose the ranking,the best example of how infame means nothing is the top infame players .. after nerf tombhammer, most of them lost 20m + in a week.
      Yep I've noticed if the other person actually fights back and doesn't hand over a free win they make a B line for those crystals... As soon as they face a tiny bit of adversity they make a run for it...
      Instead of removing the crystals I would suggest removing the shrine and making it so you essentially get a fight every time, and have it be a 50/50 change if you are the invader or get invaded. That seems to be the best option instead of letting people farm 1800 points first, and then get invaded every single time by a lesser player.
      Yup, it would also make CDs more balanced compared to random dungeons from a PvE standpoint, as right now you can just never activate the shrine and just fullclear the CDs infinitely, getting 2-3x more fame per hour and far better loot, than you ever could in random dungeons. You'll get invaded once in like 10 dungeons, and if you just go for the crystals, you'll die maybe once in 100 clears... It's bonkers how OP CDs are even for pure PvE... in their current form they made normal dungeons completely obsolete
    • SHRlKE wrote:

JonnnyBones wrote:

deenne wrote:

Jessie wrote:

Yep I've noticed if the other person actually fights back and doesn't hand over a free win they make a B line for those crystals... As soon as they face a tiny bit of adversity they make a run for it...Instead of removing the crystals I would suggest removing the shrine and making it so you essentially get a fight every time, and have it be a 50/50 change if you are the invader or get invaded. That seems to be the best option instead of letting people farm 1800 points first, and then get invaded every single time by a lesser player.
      Yup, it would also make CDs more balanced compared to random dungeons from a PvE standpoint, as right now you can just never activate the shrine and just fullclear the CDs infinitely, getting 2-3x more fame per hour and far better loot, than you ever could in random dungeons. You'll get invaded once in like 10 dungeons, and if you just go for the crystals, you'll die maybe once in 100 clears... It's bonkers how OP CDs are even for pure PvE... in their current form they made normal dungeons completely obsolete
      Another great point, I wouldn't mind if they removed all the loot and fame from CDs and put in all in solo RDs... but also removed the trash rate from CDs so that you get the other persons full loot every time! That would draw a clear line between CDs and RDs being for PVP/PVE, which is the way it should be IMO!
    • If people running in circles is an option, just throw up a duel ring around them on either 1st hit, or when they come within a certain distance of each other. You leave the ring, you are killed by game mechanics, and the other guy gets to loot you (depending on which corrupted you're in? I think some don't allow looting?)

Give people some time to get back into the circle to prevent knocking other people out of it (with quarterstaff for example) from becoming too good.
    • MysticDream wrote:

If people running in circles is an option, just throw up a duel ring around them on either 1st hit, or when they come within a certain distance of each other. You leave the ring, you are killed by game mechanics, and the other guy gets to loot you (depending on which corrupted you're in? I think some don't allow looting?)

Give people some time to get back into the circle to prevent knocking other people out of it (with quarterstaff for example) from becoming too good.
      Hard, hard no. Trying to dodge/evade a fight should always be an option, forcing people into a 1v1 fight to the death is bad, ESPECIALLY when you hit the full-death areas.
    • Since testing this out more and using the shrine after I farm 1800 points first, I have won probably my last 40+ matches in a row... Before I was getting really hard match-ups left and right and now I'm not, go figure!

The only way the top players can even face each other with this current situation is if one of them accidentally shrines first, and then the RNG gods must make a miracle happen! What a joke!
    • Continuing testing this... come on Devs fix this it isn't fair... It's essentially bullying & I'm going to abuse it until its fixed. You get someone who is less patient every time, EVERY TIME! Still haven't died and killed 2 8.3 players in one night.

Hey @Retroman how many of the top 20 players are farming points before they use the shrine? I'll bet you it's all 20 of them, guaranteed!
    • JonnnyBones wrote:

Continuing testing this... come on Devs fix this it isn't fair... It's essentially bullying & I'm going to abuse it until its fixed. You get someone who is less patient every time, EVERY TIME! Still haven't died and killed 2 8.3 players in one night.

Hey @Retroman how many of the top 20 players are farming points before they use the shrine? I'll bet you it's all 20 of them, guaranteed!
      man just do what everyone does

Just read the RT forum. Obelis who owns CD design knows the issue and to my knowledge they okay with it. My last knowledge on the post in RT is that they okay with Current CD design.

So stop waste your time on this.
    • Trial_hard wrote:

JonnnyBones wrote:

Continuing testing this... come on Devs fix this it isn't fair... It's essentially bullying & I'm going to abuse it until its fixed. You get someone who is less patient every time, EVERY TIME! Still haven't died and killed 2 8.3 players in one night.

man just do what everyone does
      Just read the RT forum. Obelis who owns CD design knows the issue and to my knowledge they okay with it. My last knowledge on the post in RT is that they okay with Current CD design.

Bro if you're defending this either learn how to read, or get the hell out of my thread. This isn't up for debate it's a fact that it's a rigged system.

MasterisMK wrote:

I posted to reddit about it a month ago ang got downvoted to hell because of this. Most higher infamy players are abusing this system. This should be fixed. And the only way to force the fix is to let everyone know about it, so everyone abuses it. In the end no fights will happen if everyone wait for invade.

reddit.com/r/albiononline/comm…xb9/cd_matchmaking_issue/
      Reddit is a sewer, bunch of little boys downvoting my shit because I killed their favorite streamers LOL.

The way I'm going to deal with this is continue to abuse it and farm noobs like PVE mobs until they fix it.
    • JonnnyBones wrote:

Trial_hard wrote:

JonnnyBones wrote:

man just do what everyone doesJust read the RT forum. Obelis who owns CD design knows the issue and to my knowledge they okay with it. My last knowledge on the post in RT is that they okay with Current CD design.

Bro if you're defending this either learn how to read, or get the hell out of my thread. This isn't up for debate it's a fact that it's a rigged system.

MasterisMK wrote:

I posted to reddit about it a month ago ang got downvoted to hell because of this. Most higher infamy players are abusing this system. This should be fixed. And the only way to force the fix is to let everyone know about it, so everyone abuses it. In the end no fights will happen if everyone wait for invade.

reddit.com/r/albiononline/comm…xb9/cd_matchmaking_issue/
      Reddit is a sewer, bunch of little boys downvoting my shit because I killed their favorite streamers LOL.
      The way I'm going to deal with this is continue to abuse it and farm noobs like PVE mobs until they fix it.
      bro, I just advise you to read the round table forum, there was a discussion and they okay with current CD design.

Devs are okay with how it is, so u wasting your tine