[February 2nd] Razor Cut on Bear Paws Hotfix (Update: 16:34 UTC)

• [February 2nd] Razor Cut on Bear Paws Hotfix (Update: 16:34 UTC)

Update (16:23 UTC): Server is up!

Hi everyone,

We will need to take the server down temporarily for a hotfix due to an issue with the Razor Cut ability on Bear Paws, where the cooldown sometimes resets by 100% instead of the intended 40%.

The hotfix will temporarily disable the cooldown reduction effect of the Razor Cut ability on Bear Paws. We will fix the ability properly in a later patch to work like intended, until then the cooldown reduction will have no effect.

In light of this, the server will go down at 16 UTC for the hotfix deployment. This will take approximately 20 minutes and the game should be up at ~ 16:20 UTC.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused.

- Mytherceria & Dev Team

Mytherceria#3744
  • Guirssane wrote:

Olysja wrote:

the guardiam helmer that sais absorb up to 3500damage is not bugged instead? Have you got a professional team for testing patches on the test server?
    the number are nuts but it only lasts 3s, bet its gonna be broken in small scale tho and maybe in ZvZ
    i don t know man sounds like a but to me, when they say that the new guardian helm "applies a shield that absorb 400 base damage for 3 secs" and then i equip a t4 flat guardian and it apply a 1200hp shiels and an 8.3 one that apply a 3100hp shield i don t really think this is working as intended.
  • Olysja wrote:

i don t know man sounds like a but to me, when they say that the new guardian helm "applies a shield that absorb 400 base damage for 3 secs" and then i equip a t4 flat guardian and it apply a 1200hp shiels and an 8.3 one that apply a 3100hp shield i don t really think this is working as intended.

Its basic for flat. t4 how many IP - 700 ? all ok
    We Craft
    https://discord.gg/r3sXbW3
  • Olysja wrote:

the guardiam helmer that sais absorb up to 3500damage is not bugged instead? Have you got a professional team for testing patches on the test server?

Hi there,

This is not a bug as it scales up with IP and heal power, and the shield has no armor. If you would like to give your feedback on this, please head over to our Overpowered/Underpowered Items forum section to do so!

Thanks,

- Mytherceria

Mytherceria#3744
  • Guardian helm is not a bug. it is pesudo invincibility for 3 seconds. considering that resist does not affect shields the most 3k sounds about right or its more towards 1300 effective health if you include resists of cloth
    https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/155980-The-Forums-Could-Use-a-Night-Mode-Theme/

Contribute to Night Mode with the link above

FYI here is a picture me hugging Night Mode
  • Mytherceria wrote:

Olysja wrote:

Hi there,

This is not a bug as it scales up with IP and heal power, and the shield has no armor. If you would like to give your feedback on this, please head over to our Overpowered/Underpowered Items forum section to do so!

Thanks,

- Mytherceria
    What was the decision behind making shields have no armour?

Wouldn’t it be more clear for players to have the value of shields tuned down, but have them inherit the armour/MR of the player?

You can see it now, people think that guardian helmet and knight boots give this HUGE shield (even for a short time) when in reality its only like 30% of what it appears due to it have 0 resistances.

It just seems odd, in terms of clarity that this decision was made.
  • Reptoid wrote:

What was the decision behind making shields have no armour?
    Wouldn’t it be more clear for players to have the value of shields tuned down, but have them inherit the armour/MR of the player?

You can see it now, people think that guardian helmet and knight boots give this HUGE shield (even for a short time) when in reality its only like 30% of what it appears due to it have 0 resistances.

It just seems odd, in terms of clarity that this decision was made.
    for newbies, withnout IP/resistance
    We Craft
    https://discord.gg/r3sXbW3
  • This was put in place because of different armor values that plate cloth and leather have

lets take 400 shield and add armor values

the effective health that the shield will provide is

700 for plate, 600 for leather and 500 for cloth

that is why to make it fair shield does not have armor values but insane scaling so that every armour type is equal

but then regular people who play solo will ask why does it matter since the shield is so large you will not take damage any way

the answer is because this is a team game where in larger scale of 5v5 or 10v10 there will be combos and claps and this helmat will block some or at least half of the kill potential. and since shield is a huge flat value it will help protect teams against % hp true damage cause of the huge scaling and since shields do not have armor value so every type of damage is considered true damage
    https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/155980-The-Forums-Could-Use-a-Night-Mode-Theme/

Contribute to Night Mode with the link above

FYI here is a picture me hugging Night Mode