Fake investment with referal skins. And about skins in the game.

• Fake investment with referal skins. And about skins in the game.

Most of high end players in the game are abusing referal skins month by month.

SBI should consider give more gold and no skin or another similar system, because i can do a fake investment with only 10m and win 30 in 3-4 months, thats fkng easy.
      We already know people that had more than 1B on skins, and that 1b probably was 100-200m 8 month earlier.

I think that referal system should be like one of this proposals or similar...

1. The first skin will be soul-chained (cannot be traded). Next level referal can be traded (Example; 5 referals). or can be MORE GOLD instead of another skin.

2. The skin can be traded. 1 week per X months it can be purchaseble on the albion store, with anothers skins and etc, of course not as items, already as a skin.

3. Change all rewards. *

* New skins? I think all albion community would love the oportunity to custimize his own character, related to hellgates, the avalon legends, or simply more closer to a type of armor (Frost, nature, etc).
      What i mean with this, head or body details, particles effects, TITLES, MORE EMOTES like the new ones (last wizard skin). More hats, blablabla
      Im getting closer to end game, i would love be MORE as a nude guy that can wear skins and thats all... I mean, imagine TOP1 infamy wearing a particle effect as he walks in safe zones, blablabla.
      I know that can LAG and that... but to the future in this game would be GREAT!!!

Why i don't like referal skin system:

The actual system allow end and middle players create fake alters basicly for FREE. +Focus +450 LP.
      I can do 5 alters, put workers and EASY MONEY. Plus, 5 month later i will had 200m on skins.
      The end price don't matter, the skin will be sold any price, 40m, 50m, 100m, etc. Its unique and if its of a common used mount thats better.
      Just change this referal system... Don't nerf blackmarket, don't nerf silver drop, nerf big things like workers, like the easy way to had 20 alt-acc crafting...

If i misspell, sorry. I'm trying my best as a non-native english

The post was edited 2 times, last by HIDKstr ().

• It is true that skins are in investment but a decently huge investment that locked for 6 months at the very least to at least get some value out of it

skins are a form of bragging right similar to mounts in World of warcraft. which are limited in amount.

and since they are permanent addition to your character on use there will always be less stocks then the actual player base regardless how how many players there are

every 3 months or so a new skin come out and the old one is lost forever. and in the next 3 months the new one will come out making the one 6 months ago rarer.

Skins are also a form of disguise. they provide a small game play advantage of hiding what tier mount you are using.

and to a small extent hit box detection cause a smaller a skin a harder it is for the ganker to accurately hit you. when this game has hit box detection like warbow E. higher ping players will be at a disadvantage even for a little bit but every pixel counts

they also replace the crappy looking lower tier mounts like t3 horses
      Check out My new Albion Online Expansion idea 4 thread:
      https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/143592-Albion-Online-Expansion-Idea-4/
    • The_Support_God wrote:

Skins are also a form of disguise. they provide a small game play advantage of hiding what tier mount you are using.

and to a small extent hit box detection cause a smaller a skin a harder it is for the ganker to accurately hit you. when this game has hit box detection like warbow E. higher ping players will be at a disadvantage even for a little bit but every pixel counts
      Skins are actually just for bragging inside the city and for pleasing your own eyes. You can turn off skin of other players in PvP area, which almost anyone in their right mind would do so can actually see what armor* their enemies are wearing.
      Solo/duo player.
      Play mostly tank
      Max spec 700/700 in staff, hammer, mace, and spear tree.
      Max spec 800/800 in all head, chest, shoes pieces.
      Max spec potions crafters.
    • The_Support_God wrote:

skin worth 10 mil. wait 6 months it would still be worth 10 mil to you but other players would pay 40 mil silver.

in the end all the devs care about is the 40 mil silver getting deleted via a skin
      You are just reading first part, pls read the other one too. The problem is THE FAKE ALT ACC, u don't lose 10m and wait, U USE 9M in a alter that HAD FOCUS. And u win 10m in a skin...
    • HIDKstr wrote:

You are just reading first part, pls read the other one too. The problem is THE FAKE ALT ACC, u don't lose 10m and wait, U USE 9M in a alter that HAD FOCUS. And u win 10m in a skin...
      You forget the 500 referral reward. Refer someone and you get 500 gold + 10m skin. You actually only pay 7.5 m (9 - 1.5) for a 10 mil skin. Not to mention premium on the referred alt account also unlock personal island on that account. This is an activity that earn ~ 10 mil silver per hour.

You use pay 7.5 mil to refer an account, sell the 10m skin right away, keep 2.5m, use the 7.5m to repeat the next referral. You can refer 4 - 5 account per hour this way, netting 10 - 12.5m per hour. This shit is gonna break the player base. Out of the 2.5 million characters in albion, I'm quite certain more than half are alt account created this way.

Imagine what happen when more people realize it and everyone start doing this until there's no more margin to be gained (when too many skins being sold pushing the price down to 7.5m). At that point, 90% of Albion player base will just be ghost alt accounts. Lmao :D
      Solo/duo player.
      Play mostly tank

The post was edited 1 time, last by SpicyPepper ().

• SpicyPepper wrote:

HIDKstr wrote:

Estás leyendo la primera parte, lee la otra también. El problema es EL FALSO ALT ACC, no pierda 10 my espere, U USE 9M en un alter que TENÍA ENFOQUE. Y ganas 10 millones en un skin ...
      Olvidas la recompensa de 500 referencias. Recomiende a alguien y esté 500 de oro + 10 m de piel . En realidad, solo paga 7.5 m (9 - 1.5) por una piel de 10 mil. Sin mencionar la prima en la cuenta alternativa referida, desbloquear también la isla personal en esa cuenta. Esta es una actividad que gana ~ 10 mil de plata por hora.
      Usas pagar 7.5 mil para referir una cuenta, vender el skin de 10 m de inmediato, conservar 2.5 m, usar los 7.5 m para repetir la siguiente referencia. De esta manera, puede referir de 4 a 5 cuentas por hora, obteniendo entre 10 y 12,5 millones por hora. Esta mierda va a romper la base de jugadores. De los 2.5 millones de caracteres en albion, estoy bastante seguro de que más de la mitad son cuentas alternativas creadas de esta manera.

Imagínese lo que sucederá cuando más personas se den cuenta y todos comiencen a hacer esto hasta que no haya más margen que ganar (cuando se vendan demasiadas máscaras, lo que hace que el precio baje a 7.5 millones). En ese punto, el 90% de la base de jugadores de Albion serán solo cuentas alternativas fantasma. Lmao: D
      buena pagina ... no entiendo por que se quejan, jueguen como uno quiere por algo es no lineal .... y dejen de escandalizarse por cualquier cosa. ^^
    • SpicyPepper wrote:

HIDKstr wrote:

You forget the 500 referral reward. Refer someone and you get 500 gold + 10m skin. You actually only pay 7.5 m (9 - 1.5) for a 10 mil skin. Not to mention premium on the referred alt account also unlock personal island on that account. This is an activity that earn ~ 10 mil silver per hour.
      You use pay 7.5 mil to refer an account, sell the 10m skin right away, keep 2.5m, use the 7.5m to repeat the next referral. You can refer 4 - 5 account per hour this way, netting 10 - 12.5m per hour. This shit is gonna break the player base. Out of the 2.5 million characters in albion, I'm quite certain more than half are alt account created this way.

Imagine what happen when more people realize it and everyone start doing this until there's no more margin to be gained (when too many skins being sold pushing the price down to 7.5m). At that point, 90% of Albion player base will just be ghost alt accounts. Lmao :D
      Doing this is against TOS and is a bannable offense and as far as I know, SBI actively ban people that abuse this.
    • HIDKstr wrote:

Deathskills wrote:

Doing this is against TOS and is a bannable offense and as far as I know, SBI actively ban people that abuse this.
      XDDDDDDDDDDDDD Yeah for sure baneable HAHAHA. All round table had alters bro xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
      I genuinely don't think they'll touch you if you have less than 5 alts per season since it is too smalls scale. I know they do go after people who do large scale since it has been an issue and can make way too much silver or can crash the silver/gold market. SBI will not let a player kill their income revenue like that. Why do you think gold isn't at 5-10k silver per gold? Yeah right, they stepped in to tune it down on purpose so it would stay at a more "healthy" level for the average player so premium wouldn't be 20-30m/month.
    • the rise of skin investment is a direct result of SBI destroying crafting and laborer island profits with repeated, reckless nerfs to the black market and HCE, which have left crafters without chase crafts (excellent and masterpieces) and almost entirely destroyed the value of the black market (the time it takes to run islands, fill/source journals, the amount of silver investment it all takes has pushed many people who used to run multi billion silver empires to sell their islands and quit crafting because its just not worth it.).

Basically this is a symptom of the incredibly destructive path SBI has chosen to take. People still need to make money so if they cant do it by running islands or crafting they will find other ways to do it, and one of those ways is skin speculation.
    • SHRlKE wrote:

Self-referrals were always prohibited and in theory bannable, the problem is that SBI doesn't actually ban people for it. Start doing it. Start actually enforcing your own rules.
      This.

@Mytherceria whilst SBI will often post stating X number of accounts have been banned for RMT or using 3rd party software, I’ve never heard of yet alone seen a single case of anyone having an account banned for a TOS abuse of this nature.

Is this a TOS rule that you have decided for whatever reason (too difficult to detect?) just to turn a blind eye to and ignore or can you confirm that accounts have/are being sanctioned for this. It’s pretty rampant.
      Midgard
      T8 Fibre, Ore, Hide, Wood & Stone Gatherer
      T8 Gathering Gear Crafter
      T8 Bags & Capes Crafter
    • Deathskills wrote:

SpicyPepper wrote:

You forget the 500 referral reward. Refer someone and you get 500 gold + 10m skin. You actually only pay 7.5 m (9 - 1.5) for a 10 mil skin. Not to mention premium on the referred alt account also unlock personal island on that account. This is an activity that earn ~ 10 mil silver per hour.You use pay 7.5 mil to refer an account, sell the 10m skin right away, keep 2.5m, use the 7.5m to repeat the next referral. You can refer 4 - 5 account per hour this way, netting 10 - 12.5m per hour. This shit is gonna break the player base. Out of the 2.5 million characters in albion, I'm quite certain more than half are alt account created this way.

The problem is how are they gonna stop that, banning 1 person out of every 100 doesn't stop the act. Not to mention some newer players who don't have the seed 7.5 m investment buy gold as a substitute, if they crack harder on this it'll hurt their own revenue. They have to change the reward so that people will stop doing this, banning doesn't solve the problem.
      Solo/duo player.
      Play mostly tank
    • Deathskills wrote:

I genuinely don't think they'll touch you if you have less than 5 alts per season since it is too smalls scale.
      Then what happen if half of the player base each refer 4 alt account each season ?? The problem stays the same.
      Solo/duo player.
      Play mostly tank
    • Knuffeldraak wrote:

Or, you know, let the referral rewards only work when they actually PAY membership via cash rather than silver/gold.
      This is a very good idea. You can't repeat the referral cycle this way, SBI keep their revenue, normal players happy.
      Solo/duo player.
      Play mostly tank