Fake investment with referal skins. And about skins in the game.

    • Shablix wrote:

      Worst idea ever = make skins untradable
      IF it happends - trust me - cause i'm one of those ppl who will do it to make some silver- the economics will be far worst.
      At you have acces to everything, exept some skins wich give 0 benefit to your character, If it becomes untradable ->

      Rich players with brains will just whale the AH and set prices of artefacts etc ( like in other MMO's )
      Imagine an artefact costing you 20x more than nowwadays, cause they made skins untradable.. Would you like that?
      And rich ppl will only become richer, because we are the ones who bought out all the artefacts when it was cheap and we just selll them for 20x the price the next day?
      Imagine you wanna run your perma or blazing or your boots of valor, and overnight it costs you suddenly 20x as much, cause a whale like me ha bought out all of them and set buyorder prices 20x the price it was?


      I have always been whaling in every single MMO game i played,
      Only thing stopping ppl from whaling in this game is the value of the skins atm. Whaling isn't worth it on normal items, better to whale where the money is already at.
      (Look at the city-cartels etc in the past.. )

      Be carefull what you wish for- as the game might become harder to play for new players when there is nothing left to spent silver on for the rich - the rich will just buyout all artefacts and resell em to you for 20x the price. MONEY HAS TO ROLL!
      Lmao, you can't "whale" markets where there're constants supply of the good. People will keep farming more of those items and the one hoarding the most will take the biggest lost because they can't unload their stocks because of the slippage that occurs when they do so. And you don't buy the artifacts when they are cheap because there're also slippage when you stock them up. If you place limit order to avoid the slippage, the price wont budge because you aint buying / selling enough of the good.

      Edit extra:
      In case you forgot, you can craft artifact with rune / soul / relic, which are one of the basic material in the game. Arbitrageurs buy those material to craft the artifacts if there's enough of a margin to be gained. Whaling the artifact market is the same as whaling the material market.

      Every players in Albion and their mothers are farming rune / soul / relic every seconds the Albion server is online. Even if you have all the silver in Albion, you can't whale the material market. The price shot up for short while when you stock them up then come back to normal as more are flushed into the market. At that time you end up with a pile of trash which you bought at ridiculously high average price when you try to push the price up.
      Solo/duo player.
      Play mostly tank
      Max spec 700/700 in staff, hammer, mace, and spear tree.
      Max spec 800/800 in all head, chest, shoes pieces.
      Max spec potions crafters.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by SpicyPepper ().

    • SpicyPepper wrote:

      Shablix wrote:

      Worst idea ever = make skins untradable
      IF it happends - trust me - cause i'm one of those ppl who will do it to make some silver- the economics will be far worst.
      At you have acces to everything, exept some skins wich give 0 benefit to your character, If it becomes untradable ->

      Rich players with brains will just whale the AH and set prices of artefacts etc ( like in other MMO's )
      Imagine an artefact costing you 20x more than nowwadays, cause they made skins untradable.. Would you like that?
      And rich ppl will only become richer, because we are the ones who bought out all the artefacts when it was cheap and we just selll them for 20x the price the next day?
      Imagine you wanna run your perma or blazing or your boots of valor, and overnight it costs you suddenly 20x as much, cause a whale like me ha bought out all of them and set buyorder prices 20x the price it was?


      I have always been whaling in every single MMO game i played,
      Only thing stopping ppl from whaling in this game is the value of the skins atm. Whaling isn't worth it on normal items, better to whale where the money is already at.
      (Look at the city-cartels etc in the past.. )

      Be carefull what you wish for- as the game might become harder to play for new players when there is nothing left to spent silver on for the rich - the rich will just buyout all artefacts and resell em to you for 20x the price. MONEY HAS TO ROLL!
      Lmao, you can't "whale" markets where there're constants supply of the good. People will keep farming more of those items and the one hoarding the most will take the biggest lost because they can't unload their stocks because of the slippage that occurs when they do so. And you don't buy the artifacts when they are cheap because there're also slippage when you stock them up. If you place limit order to avoid the slippage, the price wont budge because you aint buying / selling enough of the good.
      Edit extra:
      In case you forgot, you can craft artifact with rune / soul / relic, which are one of the basic material in the game. Arbitrageurs buy those material to craft the artifacts if there's enough of a margin to be gained. Whaling the artifact market is the same as whaling the material market.

      Every players in Albion and their mothers are farming rune / soul / relic every seconds the Albion server is online. Even if you have all the silver in Albion, you can't whale the material market. The price shot up for short while when you stock them up then come back to normal as more are flushed into the market. At that time you end up with a pile of trash which you bought at ridiculously high average price when you try to push the price up.
      Correct analysis. Artifacts are the easiest items to get really.
      [i][u][b]"Best not type too much I may get in trouble"[/b][/u][/i]
    • Adianter wrote:

      Admins and mods, if this is legal don't say anything :)
      Where do you think all these recruiter items came from? Do you think any of these kiss-less virgins actually recruited 10 paying customers, because I highly doubt it. You can click your own link, on the same hardware/IP address, and there is nothing wrong with that. These losers who are crying because someone paid 10 bucks for a unicorn need to get lives, seriously there is more to life than Albion Online.

      These are the same losers who could buy a gold package and get rekt and lose it all in a week, I have yet to see a good pvper in here complaining about it. Who cares if Al paca skins are 50 mil? Cry about it nerds.

      The post was edited 3 times, last by JonnnyBones ().

    • JitaJones wrote:

      1 friend = 1 prem = 1 skin
      SBI can
      4-5 friend = 4-5 prem = 1 skin
      EZy
      GOOD JOB
      No problem
      That change doesn't change a thing, with the supply cut by 5 (because you need 5 referral for a skin) the price will just increase to compensate. At that point, skin's price (during its month) is still more than the cost of 5 premium.

      Your suggestion backfire in the way that people will create even more ghost alts for the skin, while the situation changes nothing.
      Solo/duo player.
      Play mostly tank
      Max spec 700/700 in staff, hammer, mace, and spear tree.
      Max spec 800/800 in all head, chest, shoes pieces.
      Max spec potions crafters.
    • JonnnyBones wrote:

      You can click your own link, on the same hardware/IP address, and there is nothing wrong with that
      Well this is the point .. there is something wrong with that .. its against the ToS

      If SBI are quite happy to turn a blind eye to it (which they obviously are) then they may as well change the ToS and further line their pockets (or Stillfront's pockets as they are the ones now wearing the trousers).

      The wall of silence from the devs on what is a blatant ToS infringement that is being widely and openly abused is quite frankly embarrassing. @Mytherceria ???
      Midgard
      T8 Fibre, Ore, Hide, Wood & Stone Gatherer
      T8 Gathering Gear Crafter
      T8 Bags & Capes Crafter
    • pesadelo wrote:

      Malkalma wrote:

      8 pages and 0 replies from SBI.
      Maybe because this is a non issue? I mean it creates a silver sink , and they earn money / bloat the user base .It doesnt really create anything bad for the economy or the game.
      Except it isn't a silver sink. They don't earn any money unless people are buying the gold to buy the premium, which doesn't seem to be the case very often. It doesn't bloat the user base if the people signing up as referrals aren't new players. It's actually terrible for the economy. because it forces real new players to pay increasing amounts of silver to buy premium, due to all the gold being chewed up by people who self refer multiple accounts to cash in on skins.

      The fact they never respond to any of these threads at all signals to me that they are well aware of what is going on and they are OK with it. Which begs the question, why haven't they just made this a legal activity for everyone? If this activity is good for them, like you seem to believe, why not let everyone do it?
      Discord: Piddle#7413
      Did he who made the Lamb make thee?
    • Piddle wrote:

      pesadelo wrote:

      Malkalma wrote:

      8 pages and 0 replies from SBI.
      Maybe because this is a non issue? I mean it creates a silver sink , and they earn money / bloat the user base .It doesnt really create anything bad for the economy or the game.
      Except it isn't a silver sink. They don't earn any money unless people are buying the gold to buy the premium, which doesn't seem to be the case very often. It doesn't bloat the user base if the people signing up as referrals aren't new players. It's actually terrible for the economy. because it forces real new players to pay increasing amounts of silver to buy premium, due to all the gold being chewed up by people who self refer multiple accounts to cash in on skins.
      The fact they never respond to any of these threads at all signals to me that they are well aware of what is going on and they are OK with it. Which begs the question, why haven't they just made this a legal activity for everyone? If this activity is good for them, like you seem to believe, why not let everyone do it?
      It is a silver sink , because i suspect they (SBI) controls the value of gold , like eve online controls the plex market, if they dont then i agree with you this is shit.New players have now more ways to do more cash , it isn't the skins bongolu that is making inflation or do you think so?

      They are OK with it , everyone I meet does it , granted it is a bit of a gray area. The only thing i would change would be that all of the past skins would be bought in their cash skin shop , that is what drives some of the skins to astronomical levels , because some are rare and people give them value as asset.

      If anything they should just democratize the buying of the skins , let everyone buy them and the price of them would plummet , since everyone and their mother is investing in skins, there will be allot of desapopinted players in a few months from now I imagine.
    • New

      Midgard wrote:

      Fusionbomb wrote:

      They do indirectly, by modifying the global discount value. I'm not sure how often they change it, though.
      I think its only been changed twice. Started out at 1000 at launch. And changed twice, to 2000, then 3000 at different points in time as I recall,
      And that must be player base lead.
      [i][u][b]"Best not type too much I may get in trouble"[/b][/u][/i]
    • New

      Malkalma wrote:

      I also try to summon @Evas_Flarelight

      You stand before an altar, old and forgotten. You've heard the stories before that this was used in some ancient ritual to summon beings from an unknown plane. For what purposes you're not sure, but your journey has lead you here. You carefully open your backpack to retrieve a musty and nearly crumbling scroll that you've found in a different ruin. The runes shone briefly when you opened the scroll. You're sure the incantations are bound to this altar, it has to be after nearly losing your life to retrieve it.

      You move closer to the altar and recite the incantations, slowly, making sure to pronounce the words correctly. The runes briefly glimmer and weave around and then slowly fade away from the scroll.

      You take a few seconds to look around and listen as you turn your gaze back to the altar. For a few minutes, nothing has changed, the incantation failed it seems.

      Then, you feel your arms tingle, the sensation slowly crawling towards your head. A low buzzing noise starts to fill your head and you start feeling dizzy.

      You start to hear words forming in your head like a very weak whisper.... "You . . . do . . . not . . . have . . . the . . . reagents . . . we . . . seek."

      As quickly as it happened, everything stopped. You stood there confused slowly blinking your eyes, wondering what could the message mean.