Single target Q on crossbows - too strong.

    • deenne wrote:

      leave mobile weapon alone!
      we play a mobile game, this game need weapons like this, click and kill easyyyyy
      Yeah, sure... micro-control? Positioning? Skill at least?
      Doesn't matter. We need a weapon, where the mobile player can just click on the button by CD and be successful.

      Dear SBI. Please, make some weapon with next spells:
      - Q kill that one
      - W kill everybody in the radius of visibility
      - E kill everybody at my current location

      I understand, that it is strange but common! How do you think a Tetris player should play PVP?
    • SpicyPepper wrote:

      You can't compare a Q and an E spell. Not to mention Warbow's E is a completely different spell. Warbow's E isn't a pure damage spell that's just to trade damage face to face with other. Also warbow's E can't be interrupted. It's an instant spell. If the spell hit a frog that mean the caster miss the spell, not being interrupted.
      At 1000 ip

      Q1 on xbow (2 hands) deal 759 damage with 5 seconds cd

      Q1 on claymore deals 1.67*258 + 1.5*108 = 592 damage (1.67 multiplier is xbow's Q1 cd divided by claymore's Q1 cd, 1.5*108 is claymore's auto attack during xbow's channel)

      xbow's Q deals 28% higher damage if you manage a full channel. That's the damage advantage xbow's Q get for other sacrifice the spell give away.
      It the most stupid argument, I have ever read.
      "You can not talk about weapon A ultimate ability is much weaker than weapon B spamming one just because it a different spell and because of sword Q ... bla-bla-bla"

      Okay.
      That trash has looks like min. skill-dependency in the game.
      It has fuck*ng huge damage.
      It has 26! 26, KARL! meeters of range.

      But it is ok. Because it is not E and we have no some blink or speed boost on the crossbow.
      What can I say... Okay...
    • Tabor wrote:

      Spicy your analysis misses a few important pieces of information in that xbow vs sword comparison. First xbow can also AA during that 5 second CD period so you cannot just gives sword that extra damage and not xbow in your direct comparison.
      The extra damage for sword'd Q is the auto attack during xbow's Q channel. not the entire 5s. You can get from the math that only give the claymore only 1.5 auto attack during that time.


      BackOFF wrote:

      It the most stupid argument, I have ever read."You can not talk about weapon A ultimate ability is much weaker than weapon B spamming one just because it a different spell and because of sword Q ... bla-bla-bla"

      Okay.
      That trash has looks like min. skill-dependency in the game.
      It has fuck*ng huge damage.
      It has 26! 26, KARL! meeters of range.

      But it is ok. Because it is not E and we have no some blink or speed boost on the crossbow.
      What can I say... Okay...
      That's indeed the case.

      You can't compare Q spell with E spell. You also can't compare a skill used to kite people from outside the screen with one used to trade damage with others face too face.

      It might have made more sense if you compare xbow's Q2 with Warbow's E because both spells are used to do the same task, but even that's is stupid.
      Max spec 700/700 in staff, hammer, mace, and spear tree.
      Max spec 800/800 in all head, chest, shoes pieces.
      Max spec potions crafters.
    • we see a lof of crying but skilled weapon are rare in the game , bow ? hitbox is so large that is complicate to miss, dager like crossbow know wich button to push , fire and curse like crossbow no skill , frost need a little skill for q spell , axe not really maybe bear paw ect so you cry on crossbow but albion is not a super skilled game for multiple reason the main one is lag , if you don't understand that skilled weapon will make north american god player you have a IQ inferior to 80.

      So stop crying and crossbow are easy to counter and if it's so OP why it's not top infamy or top weapon in all content ? it's not because one spell is good that's make it OP
    • SpicyPepper wrote:

      You can't compare Q spell with E spell. You also can't compare a skill used to kite people from outside the screen with one used to trade damage with others face too face.
      It might have made more sense if you compare xbow's Q2 with Warbow's E because both spells are used to do the same task, but even that's is stupid.
      >Just stop comparing things!

      How about you add in more variables like distance, frame data, buffs, movement speed, cast times etc. to deepen into the analysis instead of a lackluster attempt to shut down a conversation?
      Probably gonna do some research myself if I'll have the motivation.
    • scions wrote:

      we see a lof of crying but skilled weapon are rare in the game , bow ? hitbox is so large that is complicate to miss, dager like crossbow know wich button to push , fire and curse like crossbow no skill , frost need a little skill for q spell , axe not really maybe bear paw ect so you cry on crossbow but albion is not a super skilled game for multiple reason the main one is lag , if you don't understand that skilled weapon will make north american god player you have a IQ inferior to 80.

      So stop crying and crossbow are easy to counter and if it's so OP why it's not top infamy or top weapon in all content ? it's not because one spell is good that's make it OP
      You probably don't understand where the problem is and why this topic arose.
    • deenne wrote:

      scions wrote:

      we see a lof of crying but skilled weapon are rare in the game , bow ? hitbox is so large that is complicate to miss, dager like crossbow know wich button to push , fire and curse like crossbow no skill , frost need a little skill for q spell , axe not really maybe bear paw ect so you cry on crossbow but albion is not a super skilled game for multiple reason the main one is lag , if you don't understand that skilled weapon will make north american god player you have a IQ inferior to 80.

      So stop crying and crossbow are easy to counter and if it's so OP why it's not top infamy or top weapon in all content ? it's not because one spell is good that's make it OP
      You probably don't understand where the problem is and why this topic arose.
      I don't see any problem , i just see people crying because they don't understand how counter a xbow same i say before if xbow is so OP why it's not top infamy or S weapon in any content ?
    • scions wrote:

      OP why it's not top infamy or S weapon in any content ?
      because its immobile,
      infame doesn't depend on how good you are but how mobile and how you choose your fights. play 8.3 plate frost, 8.3 plateletter, 8.3 QS and choose only 100% winnable fights, thats how you farm infame.
      in crystals arcane destroys crossbows with double silence

      The post was edited 2 times, last by deenne ().

    • deenne wrote:

      scions wrote:

      OP why it's not top infamy or S weapon in any content ?
      because its immobile,infame doesn't depend on how good you are but how mobile and how you choose your fights. play 8.3 plate frost, 8.3 plateletter, 8.3 QS and choose only 100% winnable fights, thats how you farm infame.
      in crystals arcane destroys crossbows with double silence
      so what can we have in conclusion ? crossbow is not OP , Q spell is strong but don't make xbow an OP weapon if you nerf Q spell xbow go to shit tier in most content
    • scions wrote:

      so what can we have in conclusion ? crossbow is not OP , Q spell is strong but don't make xbow an OP weapon if you nerf Q spell xbow go to shit tier in most content
      As it was with swords before, it should not be simply nerfed, because it will really become unusable.
      It should be reworked.

      The only thing that should be nerfed is silence duration.
      Q should be reworked. Such damage, combined with that tunnel range should require some skill-dependency, possibility to doge, miss, etc.
      As for now - every stupid, inexperienced monkey can just take that trash and win a lot of fights just clicking the same rotation in any case.
      It is not ok.

      But I think deenne is right. SBI will not nerfe that-like trash.
      They always WANT MONEY! The mobile market offers much more money than PC. That's why they are improving monkey-builds, making it more and more profitable. Because in the case of skill-depended meta mobile players will not be successful as PC-players and will not pay for premium, skins, etc.
      What is the reason to play something with difficult combinations, or positioning-depended weapons? What is a reason to practice to hit non-target skills, or catch your enemies into traps, or mobs, if you can take crossbow, regular bow, fire staff, or some other trash like that and just: CLICK-CLICK-CLICK-CLICK-CLICK-CLICK-CLICK-CLICK.

      Looks like this topic really has no sense. Those guys are not interested in a cool game.
      They are interested in cool sums. Otherwise, it would have been fixed a long time ago.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by BackOFF ().

    • scions wrote:

      so what can we have in conclusion ?
      conclusion is crossbow is immobile and can't choose 100% winnable fights.
      is it broken ?
      I would say no
      is it braindead Q spam with tons of dmg ?
      I would say yes..
      is it OP ?
      I would say in good hands yes



      BackOFF wrote:

      The mobile market offers much more money than PC.
      exactly, you can't design a PC game and a phone game at the same time, it's not feasible for both parties to be satisfied.
      mobile players want braindead 1 button spam, pc players want more skilled skills.
    • deenne wrote:

      exactly, you can't design a PC game and a phone game at the same time, it's not feasible for both parties to be satisfied.
      mobile players want braindead 1 button spam, pc players want more skilled skills.
      That's a point! Maybe some separated reductions of the game for mobile and PC could save the situation.
      But the issue is how to bring it to SBI heads?

      Greed dulls people(
      Sad, but true(c)

    • scions wrote:

      PaladinJavier wrote:

      They lag, delay, ms due servers to keep these braindead weapons is worst argument I have ever read. Lol.
      play against a warbow more than 150 ping when is NA good luck , lag is an argument and that's why you don't hve really skilled weapon in game , you cry on crossbow but where are the so skilled weapon ?
      HAhaha. Lag is no argument to keep a weapon OP cause the one without the lag would be supreme OP following your argument, which is not a solution in anyway. Just don't write bullshit.
      One handed spear is a interesting skilled weapon but you would never play it cause You suck enough to justify crossbow braindead damage.
    • PaladinJavier wrote:

      scions wrote:

      PaladinJavier wrote:

      They lag, delay, ms due servers to keep these braindead weapons is worst argument I have ever read. Lol.
      play against a warbow more than 150 ping when is NA good luck , lag is an argument and that's why you don't hve really skilled weapon in game , you cry on crossbow but where are the so skilled weapon ?
      HAhaha. Lag is no argument to keep a weapon OP cause the one without the lag would be supreme OP following your argument, which is not a solution in anyway. Just don't write bullshit.One handed spear is a interesting skilled weapon but you would never play it cause You suck enough to justify crossbow braindead damage
      no because xbow with or without lag is the same ... and don't insult me when you can use your brain , i still wait where xbow is OP in any content and give me more exemple of so skilled weapon. Thx.
    • scions wrote:

      Hattenhair wrote:

      scions wrote:

      no because xbow with or without lag is the same ... and don't insult me when you can use your brain , i still wait where xbow is OP in any content and give me more exemple of so skilled weapon. Thx.
      Check the GvG and HG meta for the last 3 years.
      xbow is A tiers in GvG not S like before since lightxbow nerf
      The very """nerf""" that made it uncleanseable and removed the explosion timer from the buff list?
      Also the very """nerf""" that literally made it the most braindead skill to use?
      • Target lock (11m range)
      • Uncleanseable
      • Unreflectable
      • Instant cast
      • Can only be evaded with I-frames or partially mitigated with resistance stacking
      • Literally cant see it in the buff list
      "Just press E for damage: the skill" is too much of an upside to consider a 10% damage reduction a proper nerf.

      Explosive shot is not an issue on its own, but Q1 and W1 being target-lock long range skills dont help at all.
      Silence shot has a ludicrous hitbox and projectile speed (Not an issue in 5v5, because a teammate can simply bodyblock it, 1v1 is a disaster tho)
      Caltrops are also a disaster in 1v1 due to your ability to stack them in confined spaces forcing your enemy to take damage on an engage.

      After all its not the analysis of one isolated skill that matters, its the whole weapon kit that makes up the face of its line, and currently its synonymous to "braindead spam".