Single target Q on crossbows - too strong.

    • Single target Q on crossbows - too strong.

      Since there are buffs and nerfs, let´s talk about that.

      Single target non skillshot channel Q with high range that does not get interrupted if you step outside of the range.
      5 seconds CD + passive on crossbows that resets CD.
      1300 IP Q damage deals : 690 physical damage + 315 magic damage = 925 damage.
      And that´s a non skillshot, and a long range Q attack.

      It´s not fun to play against, there is nothing you can do about it - you just get destroyed. Other weapons can´t compare with their damage, because this Q just deleted them.

      I don´t think non skillshot should deal such a massive amount of damage and not really having a counter to it.

      It´s not fun to play against crossbows in CD, and it´s even less fun to encounter them in open world. Imagine you go in two people against 10 people or 5 people in open world - if there are at least two enemies that have crossbows, you just don´t stand a change. You will die and they will destroy you with their non skillshots. And there is nothing you can do. You can´t run away due to range. You can´t avoid it. You get destroyed.

      I would always rather met 10 melee users than 2-3 crossbows. Because at least then i have a chance. But once you meet let´s say two crossbows - you are doomed.

      For this reason, i always disliked crossbows. That without any skill, you can deal much more damage than builds that have skillshots. Even total noob can destroy you.

      I doubt crossbows are gonna get nerfed, but why not mention it ? Non skillshots dealing so much damage is not fun for anyone.
      My YT channel - Solo greataxe killing everything https://www.youtube.com/user/DhaosNK/video=7
    • crossbows are the other side of the coin compared to bows

      hard hitting with lower mobility but contain cc to back up its play style

      by sacrificing mobility they gain utility cc on W that has less than average damage

      and by sacrificing attack speed on basic attacks they gain AoE damage on their Q

      their Q is suppose to be a replacement for their autos and their main source of damage. Their play style heavily revolves around it .
      Auto fire (replaces auto attacks with small aoe in the end)
      explosive shot (high damage skill shot which is spamable similar to ice shard of frost)

      in fact crossbows have more of a turret playstyle like regular bow compared. but unlike bows which can convert to a hit and run play style (warbow/badon)
      Check out My new Albion Online Expansion idea 4 thread:
      https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/143592-Albion-Online-Expansion-Idea-4/
    • Silencing shot actually deals rather high damage and with very generous hitbox, not to mention it silences.

      Either way, it´s not a fun design. It´s just not fun to play against.

      You can run away from bows. You can purge bows. You can dodge ice shard from frost if you are running around.
      But as for crossbows - once it starts shooting, you are doomed.

      They have no proper basic attacks, and they don´t need to. Hell, even their passives proc from using abilities that even resets their Q. The Q deals such an insane damage and there is no way for anyone to deal with that. You just get hit hard.
      The explosive shot got nerfed because it was too good for kiting, but this horrible Q still remains.

      Encountering crossbow, especially in open world, is the worst experience anyone can get. Because you can´t avoid it. If you are playing with skill and you meet crossbows - you die. They will devastate you with their non skillshots. That´s just not fun.
      My YT channel - Solo greataxe killing everything https://www.youtube.com/user/DhaosNK/video=7
    • So you can run from bows with frost shot but not from crossbows?

      i mean sure silencing shot and knockback shot is powerful in its own right to gain breathing space

      but crossbows just cannot chase.

      this is why among ranged dps in crystals with little need to run they are among the dominant choices for main Dps along side regular bow
      Check out My new Albion Online Expansion idea 4 thread:
      https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/143592-Albion-Online-Expansion-Idea-4/
    • Borbarad wrote:

      Silencing shot actually deals rather high damage and with very generous hitbox, not to mention it silences.

      Either way, it´s not a fun design. It´s just not fun to play against.

      You can run away from bows. You can purge bows. You can dodge ice shard from frost if you are running around.
      But as for crossbows - once it starts shooting, you are doomed.

      They have no proper basic attacks, and they don´t need to. Hell, even their passives proc from using abilities that even resets their Q. The Q deals such an insane damage and there is no way for anyone to deal with that. You just get hit hard.
      The explosive shot got nerfed because it was too good for kiting, but this horrible Q still remains.

      Encountering crossbow, especially in open world, is the worst experience anyone can get. Because you can´t avoid it. If you are playing with skill and you meet crossbows - you die. They will devastate you with their non skillshots. That´s just not fun.
      As a main crossbow user, i completely agree that autofire provide 0 skill for a good dps not dodgeable (52.4 base DPS). One thing that makes this even more braindead to use is the the range before braking the channel (you have the casting range which is 13m and then in order to break the channel you have to be i believe 18m range from crossbow) which is frustrating to play against.

      Imo this spell should be normal attack based in order to be ok to play against. The current standtime on normal attack would be greater than auto-fire in a span of 5s, no crazy range, still a single target undodgeable damage (but needed for high ping players). Or a shorter version with lower cooldown and lower dps in order to resolve the q reset passive.

      At least you didn't generalized the crossbow being braindead because depending of what spell they use it's not the case. It's just the single target non dodgeable spell being stupid to use.
    • Owlsane wrote:

      Borbarad wrote:

      Silencing shot actually deals rather high damage and with very generous hitbox, not to mention it silences.

      Either way, it´s not a fun design. It´s just not fun to play against.

      You can run away from bows. You can purge bows. You can dodge ice shard from frost if you are running around.
      But as for crossbows - once it starts shooting, you are doomed.

      They have no proper basic attacks, and they don´t need to. Hell, even their passives proc from using abilities that even resets their Q. The Q deals such an insane damage and there is no way for anyone to deal with that. You just get hit hard.
      The explosive shot got nerfed because it was too good for kiting, but this horrible Q still remains.

      Encountering crossbow, especially in open world, is the worst experience anyone can get. Because you can´t avoid it. If you are playing with skill and you meet crossbows - you die. They will devastate you with their non skillshots. That´s just not fun.
      As a main crossbow user, i completely agree that autofire provide 0 skill for a good dps not dodgeable (52.4 base DPS). One thing that makes this even more braindead to use is the the range before braking the channel (you have the casting range which is 13m and then in order to break the channel you have to be i believe 18m range from crossbow) which is frustrating to play against.
      Imo this spell should be normal attack based in order to be ok to play against. The current standtime on normal attack would be greater than auto-fire in a span of 5s, no crazy range, still a single target undodgeable damage (but needed for high ping players). Or a shorter version with lower cooldown and lower dps in order to resolve the q reset passive.

      At least you didn't generalized the crossbow being braindead because depending of what spell they use it's not the case. It's just the single target non dodgeable spell being stupid to use.
      on Top it has nice synergies with merc jacket q reset q q - full life
    • Borbarad wrote:

      so range is 13m . Once it starts shooting, if you moved 1m back - it should be cancelled. At least that would be something.
      The problem is that it's to easy to break it. You ask a crossbow to go melee in order to guarantee his full channel which go against the main purpose of a ranged weapon.

      That a common mechanic you can see in common games, even AAA ones. The range before a channel breaks factor can be deferent from game to game.

      Also if we have to put that treatment for auto-fire channeled might as well do for all cast based/channel based point and click spells. I don't think that a fire would be happy to get his cast spell broke because you steped 1 pixel further from him.

      Check my topic about the auto-fire suggestion. Tell me if you find it fairer to play a crossbow with this suggested change.
      Auto fire change suggestion (Q spell - all Crossbow)

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Owlsane ().

    • Owlsane wrote:

      As a main crossbow user, i completely agree that autofire provide 0 skill for a good dps not dodgeable (52.4 base DPS). One thing that makes this even more braindead to use is the the range before braking the channel (you have the casting range which is 13m and then in order to break the channel you have to be i believe 18m range from crossbow) which is frustrating to play against.

      Yeah those builds with no skillshots are not funny to play with or against, and crossbows are not the only ones who have them

      I was trying different shit for CD and arena, I saw tha pyroblast is actually very good for 1v1
      Ignite too
      Fire bolt
      Speed caster
      Specter hood

      I think you know where it is going

      I got 3 types of cancer by just using it, there was almost nothing you could do, 16 seconds of throwing fire bolts faster than auto attacks
    • Tomperon wrote:

      At close range any melee weapon outdamage It and you cant move. I dont see It being that Op, but is for sure a dumb skill.
      Actually, that is wrong. I play axes, and wheter i play bear paws or battleaxe, the crossbow outdamages me and there is nothing i can do about it. He just sits at one position while picking his nose, hits me with light crossbow E / boltcaster E, auto Q and sunder armor until i die. And i can´t outdamage him no matter how well i chain my attack. Resist potion won´t save me. Assassin shoes won´t save me. I die, even if he doesn´t have guardian boots and stuff like that.

      Swords and spears can parry / reflect, but that´s about it. Crossbow deal way, way more damage than melee does - and from range.
      My YT channel - Solo greataxe killing everything https://www.youtube.com/user/DhaosNK/video=7
    • no mobilyty high cd for a q spell , if it"s so cancer why xbow are not in the top in cd ? xbow are turret based on spell it's braindead like a lot of weapon because skillshot with small hitbox are not possible in a mmo like albion . Eu and asian player don't stand a chance against North america ping so yes hitbox are large lot of spell are not skill shot but for a reason. Xbow is a lot focuse on Q spell but it's not overpowerd if that was so stupid you will see them in top five in CD.

      Just be better and stop crying
    • scions wrote:

      no mobilyty high cd for a q spell , if it"s so cancer why xbow are not in the top in cd ? xbow are turret based on spell it's braindead like a lot of weapon because skillshot with small hitbox are not possible in a mmo like albion . Eu and asian player don't stand a chance against North america ping so yes hitbox are large lot of spell are not skill shot but for a reason. Xbow is a lot focuse on Q spell but it's not overpowerd if that was so stupid you will see them in top five in CD.

      Just be better and stop crying
      Höw about actually you think a bit before you say something ?

      What is top in CD has mobility and survability. It´s not about damage and this issue at all

      Your arguments are absolutely horrible. There is next to no downside to Q of crossbow and next to no means of avoiding it. Instead, you get hit by full force of that.

      All other weapons can be somehow dealt with, but not crossbow. Bow can be purged, or you can move out of range - simple. Frost : move out of range, run around. Melee - melee range, run around if skillshot Q.

      Crossbows is the only weapon in this game that has brutal damage even in the eyes of total newbie who has 0 hours in this game.

      It definitely deserves some nerf.
      My YT channel - Solo greataxe killing everything https://www.youtube.com/user/DhaosNK/video=7
    • Borbarad wrote:

      scions wrote:

      no mobilyty high cd for a q spell , if it"s so cancer why xbow are not in the top in cd ? xbow are turret based on spell it's braindead like a lot of weapon because skillshot with small hitbox are not possible in a mmo like albion . Eu and asian player don't stand a chance against North america ping so yes hitbox are large lot of spell are not skill shot but for a reason. Xbow is a lot focuse on Q spell but it's not overpowerd if that was so stupid you will see them in top five in CD.

      Just be better and stop crying
      Höw about actually you think a bit before you say something ?
      What is top in CD has mobility and survability. It´s not about damage and this issue at all

      Your arguments are absolutely horrible. There is next to no downside to Q of crossbow and next to no means of avoiding it. Instead, you get hit by full force of that.

      All other weapons can be somehow dealt with, but not crossbow. Bow can be purged, or you can move out of range - simple. Frost : move out of range, run around. Melee - melee range, run around if skillshot Q.

      Crossbows is the only weapon in this game that has brutal damage even in the eyes of total newbie who has 0 hours in this game.

      It definitely deserves some nerf.
      interrupt , reflect , cleric dress, cleric cowl, soldier helmet ...
      if you just don't know how to play don't make a post . frost don't make damage ? , dagger ? build with constant reflect with sword ? come on you cry because q spell is op in CD and open world and you say to me it's no efficient in CD , did you even read what you post ?
    • scions wrote:

      Borbarad wrote:

      scions wrote:

      no mobilyty high cd for a q spell , if it"s so cancer why xbow are not in the top in cd ? xbow are turret based on spell it's braindead like a lot of weapon because skillshot with small hitbox are not possible in a mmo like albion . Eu and asian player don't stand a chance against North america ping so yes hitbox are large lot of spell are not skill shot but for a reason. Xbow is a lot focuse on Q spell but it's not overpowerd if that was so stupid you will see them in top five in CD.

      Just be better and stop crying
      Höw about actually you think a bit before you say something ?What is top in CD has mobility and survability. It´s not about damage and this issue at all

      Your arguments are absolutely horrible. There is next to no downside to Q of crossbow and next to no means of avoiding it. Instead, you get hit by full force of that.

      All other weapons can be somehow dealt with, but not crossbow. Bow can be purged, or you can move out of range - simple. Frost : move out of range, run around. Melee - melee range, run around if skillshot Q.

      Crossbows is the only weapon in this game that has brutal damage even in the eyes of total newbie who has 0 hours in this game.

      It definitely deserves some nerf.
      interrupt , reflect , cleric dress, cleric cowl, soldier helmet ...if you just don't know how to play don't make a post . frost don't make damage ? , dagger ? build with constant reflect with sword ? come on you cry because q spell is op in CD and open world and you say to me it's no efficient in CD , did you even read what you post
      • Just chiming in to say that while each of the things you listed could be used against the xbow Q, they generally are being saved to deal with W or more commonly, E abilities. Part of what makes the xbow Q so strong is that it’s a high damage ability on a very low cooldown.
    • Arkekeeta wrote:

      scions wrote:

      Borbarad wrote:

      scions wrote:

      no mobilyty high cd for a q spell , if it"s so cancer why xbow are not in the top in cd ? xbow are turret based on spell it's braindead like a lot of weapon because skillshot with small hitbox are not possible in a mmo like albion . Eu and asian player don't stand a chance against North america ping so yes hitbox are large lot of spell are not skill shot but for a reason. Xbow is a lot focuse on Q spell but it's not overpowerd if that was so stupid you will see them in top five in CD.

      Just be better and stop crying
      Höw about actually you think a bit before you say something ?What is top in CD has mobility and survability. It´s not about damage and this issue at all
      Your arguments are absolutely horrible. There is next to no downside to Q of crossbow and next to no means of avoiding it. Instead, you get hit by full force of that.

      All other weapons can be somehow dealt with, but not crossbow. Bow can be purged, or you can move out of range - simple. Frost : move out of range, run around. Melee - melee range, run around if skillshot Q.

      Crossbows is the only weapon in this game that has brutal damage even in the eyes of total newbie who has 0 hours in this game.

      It definitely deserves some nerf.
      interrupt , reflect , cleric dress, cleric cowl, soldier helmet ...if you just don't know how to play don't make a post . frost don't make damage ? , dagger ? build with constant reflect with sword ? come on you cry because q spell is op in CD and open world and you say to me it's no efficient in CD , did you even read what you post
      • Just chiming in to say that while each of the things you listed could be used against the xbow Q, they generally are being saved to deal with W or more commonly, E abilities. Part of what makes the xbow Q so strong is that it’s a high damage ability on a very low cooldown.

      it's 52.5 base damage per second when frost is 85.00 with frost bolt to 102.00 if you use ice shard the fuck you're blabering about high damage on very low cooldown lol.
    • Owlsane wrote:

      Arkekeeta wrote:

      scions wrote:

      Borbarad wrote:

      scions wrote:

      no mobilyty high cd for a q spell , if it"s so cancer why xbow are not in the top in cd ? xbow are turret based on spell it's braindead like a lot of weapon because skillshot with small hitbox are not possible in a mmo like albion . Eu and asian player don't stand a chance against North america ping so yes hitbox are large lot of spell are not skill shot but for a reason. Xbow is a lot focuse on Q spell but it's not overpowerd if that was so stupid you will see them in top five in CD.

      Just be better and stop crying
      Höw about actually you think a bit before you say something ?What is top in CD has mobility and survability. It´s not about damage and this issue at allYour arguments are absolutely horrible. There is next to no downside to Q of crossbow and next to no means of avoiding it. Instead, you get hit by full force of that.

      All other weapons can be somehow dealt with, but not crossbow. Bow can be purged, or you can move out of range - simple. Frost : move out of range, run around. Melee - melee range, run around if skillshot Q.

      Crossbows is the only weapon in this game that has brutal damage even in the eyes of total newbie who has 0 hours in this game.

      It definitely deserves some nerf.
      interrupt , reflect , cleric dress, cleric cowl, soldier helmet ...if you just don't know how to play don't make a post . frost don't make damage ? , dagger ? build with constant reflect with sword ? come on you cry because q spell is op in CD and open world and you say to me it's no efficient in CD , did you even read what you post
      • Just chiming in to say that while each of the things you listed could be used against the xbow Q, they generally are being saved to deal with W or more commonly, E abilities. Part of what makes the xbow Q so strong is that it’s a high damage ability on a very low cooldown.

      it's 52.5 base damage per second when frost is 85.00 with frost bolt to 102.00 if you use ice shard the fuck you're blabering about high damage on very low cooldown lol.

      Fire bolt deals more overall damage, has less cast time and less energy cost than frostbolt...I dont consider it OP