Hideout Home Changes (Power Projection)

• Easy, put a limit of 4 HO per map, and change the stupid HO shield recovery to a daily shield instead of just a full recovery on a failed attack.

Currently defenders just wait till a lvl 3 HO has 2 shield to put up a massive handholding defense of cluster queue making 4 days of effort and resources from the attackers go to waste.

If the hideouts recovered 1 shield per day it would encourage fighting every day to keep them up with the attackers.

Maps with 4+ HO are stupid, even alliances with massive numbers can only risk to attack 2 HO at most because of the risk of spending time and resources trying to make successful attacks and watching it all go to waste in a single failed one.

How much time would it take to clean Redtree of HO? Assuming you win all the fights killing 2 HO at a time it would take a month, a single failed attack adds at least 3 days of trying, it just doesn't make any sense.
    • my first impression was that this was a HUGE change, but they realize: this is just a money sink for Big Alliances/guild, they have the resources and it wont change nothing.

but then for small/mid alliances This change is very bad, they wont have access in anyway now to High Value zones that are usually controlled by the mega Alliances, you are Handicaping yourself as a a player, if youre not on a Main Alliance Now.

But there is a change i really like, The top alliances need to balance out how convienent they want their HO network to be vs, how punished they want to be on the season laaderboard, a good example is the HO route that BA uses to transport, is on a separated guild and now they need to evaluate if they gonna ditch out that guild and get a real Guild to contribute the season effort, or keep the HO's and diminish their presence in some warfronts
    • MadSkillzDLR wrote:

The hideouts lost their initial goal long ago. Small guilds dont stand a chance.

It is painful to see what some top tier zones look like thanks to hideouts.

It is even worse now than what it was when we had only 4 t8 zones in mercia. At least you didnt had to walk as much and you would die less.

Limit the hideout home to guild hideouts. Maybe even add a timer to set a new home elsewhere.

Limit the number of hideouts per guild.

Limit the number of access's at a given time in each hideout, like 3 different hideouts per guild.

Remove the 90 sec cooldown in solo dungeons in blackzones, let them be dived like before.

Remove the possibility to change portal lock by walking through a realmgate from the bz (you can just set home in a hideout near bridgewatch portal, walk all the way to fight in a zone in fort sterling, enter the realmgate, fast travel with the loot, suicide, relock to bridgewatch). Or even forbid them to even use the portal to go back to the city at all and force them to go all the way back to where they came from.

Force guilds to fight near their territory making it worthless to travel too further from it / making alliances with guilds that are not even close to them. Might also solve some of the zone lock and queue issues.

Limit the number of hideouts per zone (if it is already limited, reduce it). Force guilds to actually fight for a zone / hideout and not just place hideouts at will.

Apply some of the restrictions above based on the territory time zone, like you could only place different hideouts in zones with the same attack time.

It just seems that there is so much that could be done... It would be better for everyone. People attend to zvz but they r actually 99% of the time traveling or in cluster queue.
      well this is good bring back solo dungeon & just put this system just to make it a little fair for solos cuz they hate getting gank by 5 man people(it sucks but I didn't really care about this part, it's just too many people crying about this point, at the same what did they expect going to bz???! a safe place where it's fair nope it's a cruel place expect to be gank lol).

pls make this green solo dungeon like this Pls bring it back

ex:
      Pls return d Old Solo Dungeon Rules by making not them disappeared or
      make a system of D green Solo dungeon like this:

if one person enter D Green Solo Dungeon, 1 party of 2 or 2 individual can enter D green dungeon(for a little bit of thrill for a solo player like me).

if 1 party w/ two enter D green Solo Dungeon, 1 party of 3, 1 party of 2 & individual, or 3 individual can enter the solo dungeon
      before u close it, at the same time make the green solo dungeon exit randomize so groups of 5 or more can be discouraged of ambushing others outside the dungeon
      like spawning the exit at randomized location(still inside the map) so other team mates of the gankers can't intercept the one who's getting ganked easily at least they need to search for the guy(just in case the guy won at 1v2) around the map to find him & increasing the chances of that guy escaping.

Cd right now is the only worth doing for solo players but it doesn't feel like an mmo adventure, It's like more League of legends Rank Queue rather than adventure.
      Yeah entering cd right now will make it easily give u fights for 1v1 & such but, the feeling of thrill of getting suprising ganks or u ganking others(solo players, other thought I gank in groups) is what made me play Albion.
      It's the freaking adventure & the thrill of now knowing what will happen inside a solo dungeon.

atleast bring it back in Blackzone or Redzone where u said it is high risk = high reward.
      Solo dungeon there are too safe it counteract to the point of bz & rz that u always say high risk = high reward.

maybe it will halve CD Rank Queue players & Green Solo Dungeon Adventure.
      pls try it devs, I beg of you.
    • Why there is still people crying so loud about the solo DGs auto closing in a thread about power projection due to the HOs spam.

Corrupted DGs were created for 1v1 PvP and if thats what u want then there is where u have to go. If u think the CDs r not what u expected then u should suggest changes for them and stop begging for the solo DGs to be diveable again.
    • Guilefulwolf wrote:

Why there is still people crying so loud about the solo DGs auto closing in a thread about power projection due to the HOs spam.

Corrupted DGs were created for 1v1 PvP and if thats what u want then there is where u have to go. If u think the CDs r not what u expected then u should suggest changes for them and stop begging for the solo DGs to be diveable again.
      Because people don´t think.

Before CD, i wouldnt like solo dungeons closing.

But with CD, and CD being Overwhelmingly more rewarding than solo dungeons, let´s be real : Only noobs are doing solo dungeons. So to dive solo dungeons its like taking a candy from a child - like diving arch noobs in Red Tree.

So i am fine with solos closing. Because only total noobs are doing them. Everyone else rots in CD.
      My YT channel - Solo greataxe killing everything https://www.youtube.com/user/DhaosNK/video=7
    • Encuentro completamente injusto el punto de vista que están tomando los desarrolladores al tomar esta decisión completamente desacertada para los propósitos de todas las comunidades pequeñas y medianas que quieren tener voz en el juego. Con esto estoy diciendo claramente que nos sentimos DISCRIMINADOS.
      Sucede que muchos pequeños gremios tenemos hecho hogar en hideouts publicos a lo largo de los Outlands. Esto nos permite tener todo el contenido que poseen las grandes alianzas y gremios.
      Hagan una encuesta, acerca de cuanto cobra el dueño de un territorio para rentar el terreno y poder poner un OH, el promedio es de 1 a 2 millones de silver al día. No estamos hablando de la manera de conseguir ese dinero, estamos hablando de lo frustrante para todos los nuevos jugadores que pueda, enseñarles las bondades de vivir en zona negra y así mantenerlos en el juego.
      No me digan que agarre mis cosas y me vaya a los caminos avalonianos, por que si hemos tenido OH en ellos. Pero cada cierto tiempo como matones, vienen las guilds fundadoras y revientan todo a su paso a no ser que se les pague rescates que son irrisorios para pequeñas guilds.
      Que pena que los nuevos sistemas de clúster que han implementado no logren solventar las peleas por los territorios y castillos y nos vengan a joder derechamente el juego. De mi gremio aproximadamente 20 jugadores ya me han dicho que de suceder esto no seguirán jugando...
      Lo lamento mucho por SBI y sus planes de seguir aumentando la cantidad de jugadores pero si siguen tomando estas decisiones, muchos jugadores lamentablemente seguirán su camino hacia otros MMORPG.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
      I find completely unfair the point of view that the developers are taking in making this completely wrong decision for the purposes of all the small and medium-sized communities that want to have a voice in the game. With this I am clearly saying that we feel DISCRIMINATED.
      Many small guilds happen to have made home in public hideouts throughout the Outlands. This allows us to have all the content that large alliances and guilds have.
      Take a survey about how much the owner of a territory charges to rent the land and be able to put an OH, the average is 1 to 2 million silver per day. We are not talking about how to get that money, we are talking about how frustrating for all the new players that I can, teach them the benefits of living in the black zone and thus keep them in the game.
      Don't tell me to get my things and go to the Avalonian roads, because we have had OH in them. But every so often as bullies, the founding guilds come and blow up everything in their path unless they are paid ransoms that are laughable for small guilds.
      Too bad that the new cluster systems that they have implemented do not manage to solve the fights for the territories and castles and they come to us to screw the game right. From my guild, approximately 20 players have already told me that if this happens they will not continue playing ...I am very sorry for SBI and their plans to continue increasing the number of players but if they continue to make these decisions, many players will sadly continue their way to other MMORPGs.
    • Sivle wrote:

Encuentro completamente injusto el punto de vista que están tomando los desarrolladores al tomar esta decisión completamente desacertada para los propósitos de todas las comunidades pequeñas y medianas que quieren tener voz en el juego. Con esto estoy diciendo claramente que nos sentimos DISCRIMINADOS.
      Sucede que muchos pequeños gremios tenemos hecho hogar en hideouts publicos a lo largo de los Outlands. Esto nos permite tener todo el contenido que poseen las grandes alianzas y gremios.
      Hagan una encuesta, acerca de cuanto cobra el dueño de un territorio para rentar el terreno y poder poner un OH, el promedio es de 1 a 2 millones de silver al día. No estamos hablando de la manera de conseguir ese dinero, estamos hablando de lo frustrante para todos los nuevos jugadores que pueda, enseñarles las bondades de vivir en zona negra y así mantenerlos en el juego.
      No me digan que agarre mis cosas y me vaya a los caminos avalonianos, por que si hemos tenido OH en ellos. Pero cada cierto tiempo como matones, vienen las guilds fundadoras y revientan todo a su paso a no ser que se les pague rescates que son irrisorios para pequeñas guilds.
      Que pena que los nuevos sistemas de clúster que han implementado no logren solventar las peleas por los territorios y castillos y nos vengan a joder derechamente el juego. De mi gremio aproximadamente 20 jugadores ya me han dicho que de suceder esto no seguirán jugando...
      Lo lamento mucho por SBI y sus planes de seguir aumentando la cantidad de jugadores pero si siguen tomando estas decisiones, muchos jugadores lamentablemente seguirán su camino hacia otros MMORPG.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
      I find completely unfair the point of view that the developers are taking in making this completely wrong decision for the purposes of all the small and medium-sized communities that want to have a voice in the game. With this I am clearly saying that we feel DISCRIMINATED.
      Many small guilds happen to have made home in public hideouts throughout the Outlands. This allows us to have all the content that large alliances and guilds have.
      Take a survey about how much the owner of a territory charges to rent the land and be able to put an OH, the average is 1 to 2 million silver per day. We are not talking about how to get that money, we are talking about how frustrating for all the new players that I can, teach them the benefits of living in the black zone and thus keep them in the game.
      Don't tell me to get my things and go to the Avalonian roads, because we have had OH in them. But every so often as bullies, the founding guilds come and blow up everything in their path unless they are paid ransoms that are laughable for small guilds.
      Too bad that the new cluster systems that they have implemented do not manage to solve the fights for the territories and castles and they come to us to screw the game right. From my guild, approximately 20 players have already told me that if this happens they will not continue playing ...I am very sorry for SBI and their plans to continue increasing the number of players but if they continue to make these decisions, many players will sadly continue their way to other MMORPGs.
      Llorica
    • ImaDoki wrote:

The next necessary step is capping hideouts per zone to ONE. This will lead to actual conflict for dominance and exclusivity in that zone, even among allies.
      1 HO per zone would be so terrible there is FAR FAR more guilds ingame then zones and limiting the HO's to 1 per zone would only make small guilds NEVER get a HO in open world. Think before you ask for something.... Limiting Hideouts in the open world anymore only hurts smaller guilds because they will be harder to drop.................... because of the increase in demand and the increase in limits to place them.....

The post was edited 2 times, last by Neef ().

• Neef wrote:

ImaDoki wrote:

The next necessary step is capping hideouts per zone to ONE. This will lead to actual conflict for dominance and exclusivity in that zone, even among allies.
      1 HO per zone would be so terrible there is FAR FAR more guilds ingame then zones and limiting the HO's to 1 per zone would only make small guilds NEVER get a HO in open world. Think before you ask for something.... Limiting Hideouts in the open world anymore only hurts smaller guilds because the harder they will be to drop....................
      There is around 300+maps in the bz plus the HO friendly avalonian maps. Though maybe 1 HO per zone is too much, it is necessary to limit the amount drastically in order to bring value to high value zones and bring conflict.

I suggest at best you can have 2 HO per zone and you can't put 2 same guild HO on the same zone.
    • Owlsane wrote:

Neef wrote:

ImaDoki wrote:

1 HO per zone would be so terrible there is FAR FAR more guilds ingame then zones and limiting the HO's to 1 per zone would only make small guilds NEVER get a HO in open world. Think before you ask for something.... Limiting Hideouts in the open world anymore only hurts smaller guilds because the harder they will be to drop....................
      There is around 300+maps in the bz plus the HO friendly avalonian maps. Though maybe 1 HO per zone is too much, it is necessary to limit the amount drastically in order to bring value to high value zones and bring conflict.
      I suggest at best you can have 2 HO per zone and you can't put 2 same guild HO on the same zone.
      I think to jump from what 15 Ho's per zone to 1 or 2 would be a HUGE jump, That would be an over reaction. If anything half the limit there is now which would be what around 5 or 6 per zone? Thats a better start. Maybe limit guilds from 6 to 4....

PS. 300 zones ROFL. There is like 300 guilds just in ARCH. SLOTH has what 100? rofl thats what two alliances and thats not even starting....

The post was edited 2 times, last by Neef ().

• Neef wrote:

ImaDoki wrote:

1 HO per zone would be so terrible there is FAR FAR more guilds ingame then zones and limiting the HO's to 1 per zone would only make small guilds NEVER get a HO in open world. Think before you ask for something.... Limiting Hideouts in the open world anymore only hurts smaller guilds because they will be harder to drop.................... because of the increase in demand and the increase in limits to place them.....
      Not really...
      Small guilds can ask bigger guilds to open their hideouts. (renting)
      Atm, it's impossible to gank in maps with more 5 hideouts ... :c (like main maps of ARCH/LYMH/WMD/SLOTH/FLOW/IAAAI/N0T)
      Albion n'est qu'un jeu.
      Squick squick :3

The post was edited 1 time, last by YacineBrutal ().

• krajj wrote:

Rainphase wrote:

krajj wrote:

MadSkillzDLR, why do you want solo dungeons to be dove again? You just want to pray on people, you don't want a fair fight. The diving mechanic is by far the worst mechanic in this game, it promotes completely unfair and one-sided fights. If you want to fight people, grow some and go do Corrupted Dungeons or Hellgates.
      I have been dove many many many many many times... I have only lost once.. Stop ratting solo dungeon in complete garbage gear low tier or items that don't make any sense... put some thought into your FF build that includes PVP utilities especially if you are engaged in mobs / bosses.I wish I would get dove more.. However they should limit it to 2 people per solo dungeon (Party needed to go in and needed during or both get kicked out) and if you are diving only 1 can enter if a solo in there and 2 can enter in party if theres 2 in a party in there.
      I don't do solo dungeons anymore, I only play CD nowadays. I like fair fights. I honestly don't believe you when you say you have lost only once to divers. Divers usually wait for you or your group in the case of group dungeons to be fighting monsters or bosses and then they engage you. Plus, they usually wear PvP gear if diving solo dungeons and ZvZ gear if diving group dungeons, which puts you at a disadvantage. So, even if what you are saying is true, which I doubt, it doesn't really matter because the party being dove will always be at a disadvantage. That, statistically promotes unfair gameplay. It's not about you or your experience, it's about game design.
      I run fiend cowl when i do dungeons. Purge = damn near 100% win rate vs dive.. + im not dumb and go super low hp unless I know dunegon is 100% closed. Only player that really can kill what i run PVE is bow.. Hence the purge helm.. Purge and win. People are predictable and lazy = same gear for dungeon diving lul. So yes your lack of experience in the game has led to your decision that my statement is not valid only dieing once.
    • Unless you fix:
      A)The maximum number of hideouts an alliance can have in a given zone (hint: one is plenty)
      and
      B)Removing the "access" perms one alliance can give to another alliance to use their hideouts.

The Black Zones will continue to be a farce, a shadow of their former selves, the new kind of Disneyland they have become.
    • Small guilds will not be able to farm anything in the blackzone, this game is not just pvp, there are many game possibilities and pvp is only part of the whole. Facilitating their growth will provide greater gains for everyone in the future, stopping them from growing will destroy the game.