Hideout Home Changes (Power Projection)

• Best is to limit to 3 Hideouts per zone, like hideouts that are now, let them stay. Example 8 hideouts in the zone now, and by new patch the hideouts per zone where reduced to 3, the 8 hideouts are still in the zone, but as soon as one hideout in the zone goes down, you cant put another one up, so its 7 hideouts. and Max 1 level 3 hideout in a zone.

These endless spam of hideouts in Black zone has made it to safe and no fun. cant take a zone anymore so war is not needed. everyone is just relaxed and the people that have played this game the longest are leaving.

making zone cap to 400 people in zone is just not good enough for MMO. that needs to change too.

You guys made it almost impossible for warfare to happen in this game.
    • Bigtitbich wrote:

how will this affect roads of avalon hideouts? this change will be incredible for black zone hideouts but roads? i think you might need to consider not having this change for the roads as it will hurt new player guilds
      It shouldn't affect roads at all. Though I think a further change should be made so that hideouts can't give access to specific guilds. Currently, someone can just put an alt guild's hideout and give it perms for their actual guild.

Hideout access should instead be changed so it has three states. Open to guild only, open to alliance, or open to all. No being selective.
    • Great that your working on reducing ZvZ-Shitshows. But we need to expect that experienced players and huge Partnership(s) will find a workaround very fast.

Just go back in time and you will recognize that there was a similar problem. Nah who knows what im thinking about? Portalhopping to move Zergs fasts! If you take a view from a distance, parallels can be seen. So adapt the solution:

Hideout-Lock
      - You cannot set Home in Hideout. Now you can set a Hideout-Lock
      - You cannot loose Hideout-Lock anymore (when entering BZ from Royal-City)
      - Setting Hideout-Lock has a e.g. 48h cooldown
      - You can set Hideout-Lock at any Hideout

Example
      - a guild masses two times a day in their Hideout at the inner ring of BZ. They move their force 10 Zones with 5 Sets to set Home in an allied Hideout and Fight there. The next timer they want to move somewhere else but now they cannot set Home in the other HO so they need 15min to get there after getting wiped by the enemy.

This szenario you cannot fix with your solution. But with the Hideout-Lock system you can probably fix it!

BR, Louis
    • Korn wrote:

Players can only set home in a hideout that belongs to their guild, and in any level 3 hideout that belongs to a guild that is part of their alliance.
      YES! A thousand times YES!
      Those of us who enjoy building thank you SBI. Now about that promised Force T1....

- Bar
      In 1916, a proposed amendment would have required the government to put wars up to a national vote. If you voted for war, you would also have to fight in it. - Explains why Congress no longer votes on conflict.
    • honestly, I think this update is awful, especially for smaller guilds, often smaller guilds simply cannot make content because they have nowhere to store items, so it is generally much easier to close a deal with a larger guild to gain access to HO of them, because if the guild itself tried to place an HO it would not be able to defend itself, and as it does not have much to do in black it ends up not growing and disintegrating. :(
    • This only works if you limit the number of HO a guild can have - otherwise people e will just dump HO's down in friendly territories to use and further clutter the map.

I would suggest limiting it so a guild can only have 1 Level 3 HO at a time, and can only have a max of 3 HO total.

I would also suggest adding the ability to transfer ownership of a HO once every 90 days. This would let the existing HO's being rented to small guilds get transferred to them.

I would also limit the number of HO in a single zone to 3.

If the ultimate goal here is to reduce handholding via HO's you have to be able to limit the number of HO's themselves. This will make fighting for HO's and terris they are in much more strategic.
    • Not bad, but... every guild got few indestructible HO's in Black Zones they called ****'s Rest. So it changes only little bit.

The ONLY way is instanced ZVZ when u lock zones and only owner and attacker alliance can queue in with limit 100/150/200 from each side and limited reinforcments. E.g. not more then 10-20ppl (if enough space) not more than once per 5-10m. A already got every mechanics to realise it. Smart queues and skipping for ppl not intended to war.
      Only way.
      It solves every problem: handholding (at least inside battles), overcrowding, loot ratting, endless running around world map to find an opportunity for fair fight etc etc etc etc
      No real disadvanteges (that could be comparable to advantages).
    • krajj wrote:

MadSkillzDLR, why do you want solo dungeons to be dove again? You just want to pray on people, you don't want a fair fight. The diving mechanic is by far the worst mechanic in this game, it promotes completely unfair and one-sided fights. If you want to fight people, grow some and go do Corrupted Dungeons or Hellgates.
      Because people leave the 10 hideouts they have access to in a zone get into a dungeon and are safe.
    • Bigtitbich wrote:

how will this affect roads of avalon hideouts? this change will be incredible for black zone hideouts but roads? i think you might need to consider not having this change for the roads as it will hurt new player guilds
      This change needs to exist for roads, guilds should have to have a HO or get a lvl 3 and have an alliance. However there are so many way to cheese this.

Lets look at veni vici who currently have 2-3 zones they control and rent out. So now renting won't work? doubtful they can just drop HO with an alt and the guild with the HO just absorbs that alt.

However there are many BZ guilds that don't care about roads really that using the HO's and causing a power shift in zones. POEDL guild and GMLS guild are both living out of the same HO that is owned by a smaller guild in neither alliance. This is a great change for the roads.
    • Ok, not much but always something, but since there are completely no limitations this only makes people pay more to achieve the same.

Now NAPS won't be established overnight, you will have to spend two days and little bit more of silver (new silver sink <3 ) and place a hideout everywhere, problems done.

Out of all suggestions we are wasting more time just to realize this itself did not change a thing.

Whom should I congratulate? WP round table
    • Korn wrote:

Hi all,

When it comes to large scale Outland gameplay, one of our core design goals is to encourage as much conflict as possible.

This is always a balancing act between making it easy to get to and find fights on the one hand, and making sure that a coalition of players does not become overly dominant on the other hand. Part of this is also to set up the game systems in such a way that conflict is always encouraged as much as possible, of course within the constraints that in an open world Sandbox MMORPG, players can freely choose on how to play and who to fight.

Over the past weeks, we have received a lot of feedback regarding the role of hideouts for power projection in the Outlands. Due to the flexible custom rights system, it’s currently possible for each hideout to in principle act as a respawn point for an entire coalition, no matter what their actual in-game alliance status is. In addition to that, freshly placed hideouts can fulfill that role right away, which encourages placing hideouts just for this purpose, which goes beyond their intended design.

Hence, with the next balance patch due early February, we are restricting the set home functionality for hideouts in the following way:

Players can only set home in a hideout that belongs to their guild, and in any level 3 hideout that belongs to a guild that is part of their alliance.

The goal here is to make power projection for non-allied coalitions more difficult, without hindering the set home feature per se. Through the level 3 requirement for alliance respawn, we want to combat the spam of level 1 hideouts and make specific level 3 hideouts more of a strategic target to fight over, while at the same time increasing the relevance of a guild’s own hideouts.

This change is being implemented on a trial basis. We are aware that various work-around strategies might exist and want to observe how this plays out in practice. We will monitor this very closely and then decide on how to proceed, which could include taking further steps if required.
      Not enough to bringing value of to leveling up the hideout and honnestly i hardly believe it will do something to fight power projection.

I've said many times, i keep saying and i will keep saying... if you don't do thoses changes which is :

- 1 or 2 hideout per cluster map (also for fuck sake deny any possibility to put hideouts on top of roads)
      (- If 2 hideout per cluster map, only one hideout per guild)
      - 2 or 3 hideout per guild instead of the current 6

Everything you throw here to combat power projection and combat overly dominant coalition is just a waste of time, they can just use all of thoses 6 hideouts slots everywhere, and allied guilds too...

It boggles me you didn't even considered this suggestion not even the slightest. What a joke...
    • Rainphase wrote:

krajj wrote:

MadSkillzDLR, why do you want solo dungeons to be dove again? You just want to pray on people, you don't want a fair fight. The diving mechanic is by far the worst mechanic in this game, it promotes completely unfair and one-sided fights. If you want to fight people, grow some and go do Corrupted Dungeons or Hellgates.
      I have been dove many many many many many times... I have only lost once.. Stop ratting solo dungeon in complete garbage gear low tier or items that don't make any sense... put some thought into your FF build that includes PVP utilities especially if you are engaged in mobs / bosses.
      I wish I would get dove more.. However they should limit it to 2 people per solo dungeon (Party needed to go in and needed during or both get kicked out) and if you are diving only 1 can enter if a solo in there and 2 can enter in party if theres 2 in a party in there.
      I don't do solo dungeons anymore, I only play CD nowadays. I like fair fights. I honestly don't believe you when you say you have lost only once to divers. Divers usually wait for you or your group in the case of group dungeons to be fighting monsters or bosses and then they engage you. Plus, they usually wear PvP gear if diving solo dungeons and ZvZ gear if diving group dungeons, which puts you at a disadvantage. So, even if what you are saying is true, which I doubt, it doesn't really matter because the party being dove will always be at a disadvantage. That, statistically promotes unfair gameplay. It's not about you or your experience, it's about game design.
    • MadSkillzDLR wrote:

krajj wrote:

Because people leave the 10 hideouts they have access to in a zone get into a dungeon and are safe.
      That doesn't make any sense lol. Then you want to change how hideouts work, not the dungeons. I am a solo player, I have no hideouts, what then?
    • I'd say maybe make it where a guild can only have 1 hide out and they can create tunnel's to another spot

Cost resources to open a tunnel can be attacked anytime.

Can't set home to the tunnel.
      And you can't go back into the tunnel it's a one way.

A theory idea with some Polish would create cool fights help the economy etc needing wood to support the tunnels wall