New players, ways to earn silver?

• New players, ways to earn silver?

Hi there, me and my brother started playing like a week ago or so, We have been trying to make some silver, but no progress so far. I love gather, farm, craft, trade etc. so i would love a method like this. I am currently focusing in gather fibers . And my island have 2 farms and 1 herb plot 1 employer. currently.

On the other hand my brother completely dislikes crafting or gathering or anything related lol. So we tried running some dungeons in blue zones aka george. with no success very little silver or nothing at all. Any method for a person like him?. Like more into dungeons etc.

Any suggestions and guides are very helpful since is our first Sand box, so we are kind lost here.
      We both have premium for 30 days. We are t4 equipment close to t5, of course we are wearing cheap equipment, the life of the poor lol. If need some investment i could sell my unicorn skin to invest in what is needed.
      Thanks in advance.

The post was edited 12 times, last by Magicsparkle ().

• As a starter (easiest way), just plant carrots, water half of them using focus so you will not buy any more seed. If you still have focus left, refine the fibers that you gathered and sell them on the market (Just constantly check which tier is more profitable to refine for max profit).

For your brother, try corrupted dungeon, practice pvp first on hunter level (non-full loot), and advance if he's already confident for full-loot pvp.
    • Dont sell your unicorn skin, that's an investment, the price would be double after few months.
      Pick you 4.1 or 5.0 gear and go to bz, hit the first green roads of Avalon portal and try your luck on green avalonian chest with your brother.
      Or use the avalonian portal in royal zones, but move at least 2 maps from royal cities.
      But be careful, there is full loot, so stay near at your horse always, if you see a red nameplate, just run away or prepare to fight.
    • Stringendo wrote:

As a starter (easiest way), just plant carrots, water half of them using focus so you will not buy any more seed. If you still have focus left, refine the fibers that you gathered and sell them on the market (Just constantly check which tier is more profitable to refine for max profit).

For your brother, try corrupted dungeon, practice pvp first on hunter level (non-full loot), and advance if he's already confident for full-loot pvp.
      Thanks!, what do u mean by Bz?.

Tvm for the info!.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Magicsparkle ().

• Stringendo wrote:

As a starter (easiest way), just plant carrots, water half of them using focus so you will not buy any more seed. If you still have focus left, refine the fibers that you gathered and sell them on the market (Just constantly check which tier is more profitable to refine for max profit).

Thanks!

So when you join a corrupted dungeon you can select the level and the loot rules?. Do you recommend tier4 or 5 level of zones?

Thank you for the helping some newcomers!.
    • Magicsparkle wrote:

Stringendo wrote:

Thanks!
      So when you join a corrupted dungeon you can select the level and the loot rules?. Do you recommend tier4 or 5 level of zones?

Thank you for the helping some newcomers!

Since you guys are new, I recommend to try to practice pvp first in Hunter level. So even if you were killed by another player, your items will still remain.

wiki.albiononline.com/wiki/Corrupted_Dungeons

You may check the above link for other info like pvp rules(loot rules), etc.
    • I personally _would_ sell the unicorn skin. That money is very useful right now for you, which you can invest. Yes it will be more expensive, but the progression boost it can give you now can matter a lot. Also, I would not start minmaxing a game I just started, prepping for months ahead, but that's just me.

Apart from the other options people mentioned, I would recommend doing dungeons while faction flagged.

Faction flagging means enlisting for a faction in the city, and it means that any other faction outside the city (blue and yellow zone included) can attack and kill you, and you lose your items.

What makes this worth it, is that solo dungeons close behind you in 60 seconds (so it is safe), and getting fame from mobs while faction flagged will earn your faction points. Those faction points cannot be lost via death, and you can purchase things in the faction shop that you can sell on the market. I found that even in blue zone, 3-4 dungeons will get you enough faction points to buy a faction heart, which is 3k points. It can be sold for 60-70k each.

This way, you can make money while doing dungeons. If you don't want to risk too much money, you can even use a t3 set, but I'd go for a t4 if you can afford to lose it (the general rule of thumb that you should only ever enter full loot pvp risk areas with items you can lose and replace 10+ times). Also, blue zones have way less faction activity than yellow zones. You can also remove your faction flag anytime anywhere, so once you are done with the dungeon, before leaving you just remove the faction, and go home safely.

Here's a moneymaking guide about this, specifically (you can check his other How to Make Bank videos, there's 20+ other methods you can check):

Developer by day, gatherer by night.
    • For your brother I'd recommend doing Corrupted Dungeons in Hunter Level aswell.
      They look like the solodungeon but with a red light instead.
      You can enter the "Hunter" Level from Blue and Yellow Zones Only. Doesn't matter at all if it's a blue or yellow zone, you get thrown into the same "pott" of players.
      Doing 3-4 Corrupteds in this level will provide you with roughly 250-500k silver and is done in about 45 minutes if you hurry. You even get an insane amount of fame in comparrisson to the solodungeons.

You can boost the fame gained by mobs by around 45% if you invest 200-250k in a Satchel of Insight.
      Every point of fame you gain more will cost you 1,25 silver for a T8.1 Satchel, so 10k Fame will only cost you 12,5k silver. But if it's your goal to get some money, don't do that in the first line :-).

The best thing besides gaining alot of silver & fame in those corrupteds is however that A. You won't lose any gear in Hunter Level and B. You learn the pvp mechanics of this game and it's skills! In my opinion this knowledge is worth more than any silver or fame you make in those dungeons. If you are getting good at fighting others you go into a red or blackzone and enter the "stalker" level.
      You may lose the gear if you die, BUT you make around 250k-750k each dungeon you win.

Hope this helped you, just try it out and if you got any questions feel free to ask :)
    • grind t6 corrupted.

Preferably is getting some easy builds like black hands, claymore, or idk what and get 100k points at t6 corrupted dungeon.

Then grab some pve build and farm T6 hard and once you got lot of spec so that u can wear minimum ip for T8 corrupted, u go pve there hard.

Easiest way to get spec and cash.
      My YT channel - Solo greataxe killing everything https://www.youtube.com/user/DhaosNK/video=7
    • Np, that´s eseentially one way to somewhat min max. Axe is pretty good for clear. If you want to be meta abuser, use miner shoes ( i hope sbi will nerf them soon tho ) , and then you are unkillable in CD pretty much.

And sell the unicorn skill and buy premium, or use 3 day premium and see how the grind goes : ) premium is great.

Grinding T8 CD is just brutal for cash and fame. But you gotta stay in t6 and grind some spec there, so yeah, that´s that - and need 100K infame points, but that shouldn´t be too hard with some easy cheese build.
      My YT channel - Solo greataxe killing everything https://www.youtube.com/user/DhaosNK/video=7
    • So, this is just what I've done but so far I have had enough silver to try every build I've been interested in, buy a green (X.1 enchant) of every piece of equipment at the tier I can use and have enough to easily replace my gear 5+ times over if I get killed. I'm in my first couple weeks of playing. Note that there may be better, faster, etc ways to make money. I've just found that these work for me, I don't hate them and I'm not ever in -need- of more money.

1. If you're planning on getting premium, the first purchase's extra gold is a huge head start on silver. This allowed me to buy an island and get it to level 5 (for 4 plots of farm land) and fill each with carrots/argaic (spelling?). It's what I use my focus on and nets me 100k+ each day. Also, I have 3 laborers but that's more of a long play...

2. You can kind of gather everything really easily up to tier 3/4 without specific crafter gear even. I brought the tools to gather everything whatever map I was on offered and the variance made it less monotonous (though chill music and gathering can be relaxing for me). This seems to change with tier 5+ (even 4 to a degree) as gear and the slow rate of fame makes the time it takes noticeably faster to focus on one thing. I prioritize areas with water because hitting fishing nodes you see along the way is seriously worth the silver for the time it takes.

3. If you are gathering, most low level recipes aren't worth making over selling the refined materials (there are exceptions but also remember sell time is a thing) unless you are specifically leveling up crafting; in which case definitely use the study feature to speed that up. Also, this is more of a point on gathering return but it does applies to crafting... You can load an ox with a ton of resources and travel between royal cities without ever hitting a red zone. If you have enough of one resource to load an ox -mostly- up, take them to the city with the 40% return on refining (and hit the refiner with the lowest usage fee). Any extra carry space, grab some of those relics that sell for a guaranteed price in whatever city you're going to. For extra silver but more travel, you can even then hike the refined resources to the city where they sell at the highest. My ox, George, is a well traveled gentleman at this point.

4. The daily expedition isn't a ton of cash but the tier 5 group one does give you a royal component that sells for upwards of 40k as opposed to the tier 6 selling for around 20. I also found farming green dungeons while trying more combat oriented builds was enough to at least keep that endeavor funded from selling everything you find in them and the silver bag rewards.

Anyway, hopefully some of that helps. Good luck out there. ^^

Edit: Oh! and -definitely- check the sell price between selling immediately and creating sell orders. Sometimes it's so small that it's whatever but can make a big difference in income if you don't need the cash 'right now'.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Bieve: sell order tip ().

• Bieve wrote:

So, this is just what I've done but so far I have had enough silver to try every build I've been interested in, buy a green (X.1 enchant) of every piece of equipment at the tier I can use and have enough to easily replace my gear 5+ times over if I get killed. I'm in my first couple weeks of playing. Note that there may be better, faster, etc ways to make money. I've just found that these work for me, I don't hate them and I'm not ever in -need- of more money.

1. If you're planning on getting premium, the first purchase's extra gold is a huge head start on silver. This allowed me to buy an island and get it to level 5 (for 4 plots of farm land) and fill each with carrots/argaic (spelling?). It's what I use my focus on and nets me 100k+ each day. Also, I have 3 laborers but that's more of a long play...

2. You can kind of gather everything really easily up to tier 3/4 without specific crafter gear even. I brought the tools to gather everything whatever map I was on offered and the variance made it less monotonous (though chill music and gathering can be relaxing for me). This seems to change with tier 5+ (even 4 to a degree) as gear and the slow rate of fame makes the time it takes noticeably faster to focus on one thing. I prioritize areas with water because hitting fishing nodes you see along the way is seriously worth the silver for the time it takes.

3. If you are gathering, most low level recipes aren't worth making over selling the refined materials (there are exceptions but also remember sell time is a thing) unless you are specifically leveling up crafting; in which case definitely use the study feature to speed that up. Also, this is more of a point on gathering return but it does applies to crafting... You can load an ox with a ton of resources and travel between royal cities without ever hitting a red zone. If you have enough of one resource to load an ox -mostly- up, take them to the city with the 40% return on refining (and hit the refiner with the lowest usage fee). Any extra carry space, grab some of those relics that sell for a guaranteed price in whatever city you're going to. For extra silver but more travel, you can even then hike the refined resources to the city where they sell at the highest. My ox, George, is a well traveled gentleman at this point.

4. The daily expedition isn't a ton of cash but the tier 5 group one does give you a royal component that sells for upwards of 40k as opposed to the tier 6 selling for around 20. I also found farming green dungeons while trying more combat oriented builds was enough to at least keep that endeavor funded from selling everything you find in them and the silver bag rewards.

Anyway, hopefully some of that helps. Good luck out there. ^^

Edit: Oh! and -definitely- check the sell price between selling immediately and creating sell orders. Sometimes it's so small that it's whatever but can make a big difference in income if you don't need the cash 'right now'.
      lol i loved u named ur Ox George, made me smile. Thank you kind sir, this information was very helpful. Have a nice gathering day! and cheers to George.