Gathering gear rework

• Gathering gear rework

Hello, I'm mostly a gatherer player and I have some suggestions based on my experience.
      The main point is that gatherers can easily be killer by low IP people. And I believe that part of the problem is the gathering gear Spec system, It takes forever to Max and you have to be gathering all tier resources, while gankers gear can easily be Spec, and the gathering gear IP bonus Will apply mostly on the tier you have Spec, but you wont use that tier because you want better bonus, like me gathering in red zones (tier 4, 5 and 6 resources) using t8 gear. Please rework gathering gear, because the skills to run are no match for the CC in the 5v1 that always happened, the gear dont offer any defence or attack bonus. My suggestion would be to make only one Spec node as fisherman's and add skills for outnumbered Full CC fights. Its not nice gatherer for 1 to 2 hours and giveaway everything for any noob with 900ip or a group of them.
    • If said this for a while, fishing gear gives you good bonus at T8 due to only having two "Trees" gathering gear should do the same, but decrease the bonus per level but higher bonus overall. So you can max T5/6 and have a decent stats wearing T8,
      [i][u][b]"Best not type too much I may get in trouble"[/b][/u][/i]
    • I personally feel Albion has it backwards with gear.

Low tier gear should have higher base stats, and smaller multipliers compared to higher tier gear.

For example if T4 gear had a multiplier of .2 per specialty point, tier 5 might have a .3 bonus (probably too high)
      Now, if the base stats on t4 were say 100 hp, and t5 was 75 hp - you would end up max spec t4 with 120, whereas
      max t5 would be 122.5.

so its always better (and more beneficial) to wear higher tier gear. In this way, a person in t8 whatever, has a raw advantage
      (more hp/stats) over someone in t4 whatever, regardless of build.
    • Just wondering if you took skill/level into account. It is and I may be wrong, but the reason a player can smash in low tier gear is because of the skill overflow you get from having all the gears tree at 100.

If two players both have the same fame/experience lv, then the one in t8 we'll be better than the one in t7.... Are you saying this is not the case?
    • DogMerchant wrote:

Just wondering if you took skill/level into account. It is and I may be wrong, but the reason a player can smash in low tier gear is because of the skill overflow you get from having all the gears tree at 100.

If two players both have the same fame/experience lv, then the one in t8 we'll be better than the one in t7.... Are you saying this is not the case?
      I was wrong, so I am editing this to reflect that.

With the gathering tree, you get bonuses for each tier you master.
      With weapons and armor, you get flat bonuses for the skill.

For example, with a t4 gathering set, you get a bonus for t4 skill. For t8 gathering, you get a bonus for t4, t5, t6, t7, and t8.
      With armor and weapons, you get that from mastering different weapons/armor, rather than per tier of each armor/weapon.

ie: bonus to all cloth helms from wearing scholar helm, cleric helm, etc... rather than a bonus to scholar helm t4, scholar helm t5, etc.

If they updated weapons and armor to be like gathering gear, i think people would spec up, and it would incentivize people to wear
      skill appropriate gear more.

Of course, this also adds to the grind, but that's what combat fame points are for? :)

The post was edited 4 times, last by MysticDream ().

• RenEretique wrote:

Hello, I'm mostly a gatherer player and I have some suggestions based on my experience.
      The main point is that gatherers can easily be killer by low IP people. And I believe that part of the problem is the gathering gear Spec system, It takes forever to Max and you have to be gathering all tier resources, while gankers gear can easily be Spec, and the gathering gear IP bonus Will apply mostly on the tier you have Spec, but you wont use that tier because you want better bonus, like me gathering in red zones (tier 4, 5 and 6 resources) using t8 gear. Please rework gathering gear, because the skills to run are no match for the CC in the 5v1 that always happened, the gear dont offer any defence or attack bonus. My suggestion would be to make only one Spec node as fisherman's and add skills for outnumbered Full CC fights.

Its not nice gatherer for 1 to 2 hours and giveaway everything for any noob with 900ip or a group of them.
      Why ? This would change nothing. You would die either way. You say you die to noob with 900 IP - well, doesn´t that make you the noob ?

Problem isn´t in IP. You would die even if you had 5K hp.

Gathering as it is, work alright. You got rather big HP bonus as a gatherer. But it´s not like you need it. Gathering gear isn´t about IP - it´s about it´s abilities.

T4.0 gatherer can escape from 10 gankers absolutely easily if he knows what to do. If you meet 10 gankers, it doesn´t matter wheter you have 1000 IP or 2000 IP. What matters is knowing how to escape.

And even basic t4 gear enables you to escape from pretty much any kind of situations.

If you die to 900 IP lowlies, then you only have yourself to blame. Also, why do you gather for 1-2 hours ? Do you not deposit stuff or what ?

Learn the game. This game offers more than enough ways to escape from pretty much any situations. Even if you were to be against 10 gankers in 8.3 gear and on huskies, you can still escape rather easily if you know how the game works.

Not to mention the mount changes, swiftclaw speed nerf, morgana raven nerf, CC immunity gained upon dismount, hideouts everywhere, gathering shoes and invis pot buffed - come on. It´s more easier than ever not to die. Especially since morgana ravens can´t fear you while mounted.
      I can´t even imagine dying to gankers now.

Also, attack bonus ? Gatherers dont fight. They run. If you want to run, you use a different chestpiece as a switch.
      My YT channel - Solo greataxe killing everything https://www.youtube.com/user/DhaosNK/video=7
    • Borbarad wrote:

Why ? This would change nothing. You would die either way. You say you die to noob with 900 IP - well, doesn´t that make you the noob ?
      Problem isn´t in IP. You would die even if you had 5K hp.

Gathering as it is, work alright. You got rather big HP bonus as a gatherer. But it´s not like you need it. Gathering gear isn´t about IP - it´s about it´s abilities.

T4.0 gatherer can escape from 10 gankers absolutely easily if he knows what to do. If you meet 10 gankers, it doesn´t matter wheter you have 1000 IP or 2000 IP. What matters is knowing how to escape.

And even basic t4 gear enables you to escape from pretty much any kind of situations.

If you die to 900 IP lowlies, then you only have yourself to blame. Also, why do you gather for 1-2 hours ? Do you not deposit stuff or what ?

Learn the game. This game offers more than enough ways to escape from pretty much any situations. Even if you were to be against 10 gankers in 8.3 gear and on huskies, you can still escape rather easily if you know how the game works.

Not to mention the mount changes, swiftclaw speed nerf, morgana raven nerf, CC immunity gained upon dismount, hideouts everywhere, gathering shoes and invis pot buffed - come on. It´s more easier than ever not to die. Especially since morgana ravens can´t fear you while mounted.
      I can´t even imagine dying to gankers now.

Also, attack bonus ? Gatherers dont fight. They run. If you want to run, you use a different chestpiece as a swswitc
      No, gathering gear doesn't help on escaping outnumbered gankers because of the purge and CC, they mostly use claws, Double bladeds, quartterstaff, fiend cowl... The skills will help you escape from 1 or 2 gankers If they don't purge your run. But anyway, the point is that your status are based on your IP, so It isn't right to have low IP on gathering gear and take way too much dmg from T4 and T5 players being a t8 gatherer with specs. I don't think that 30-50k builds should get 3-5mil when I die, and as you see the point is not about dying, is about have the competitive status to only get killed by stronger players or If I make a bad mistake.
    • RenEretique wrote:

No, gathering gear doesn't help on escaping outnumbered gankers because of the purge and CC, they mostly use claws, Double bladeds, quartterstaff, fiend cowl... The skills will help you escape from 1 or 2 gankers If they don't purge your run. But anyway, the point is that your status are based on your IP, so It isn't right to have low IP on gathering gear and take way too much dmg from T4 and T5 players being a t8 gatherer with specs. I don't think that 30-50k builds should get 3-5mil when I die, and as you see the point is not about dying, is about have the competitive status to only get killed by stronger players or If I make a bad mistake.
      haha but you made a mistake ! You get yourself dismounted and killed.

1) u see someone dismounted. If u turn it back, they have NO means of catching up to you. That´s the first thing. If you get hit, it means you overstayed. You only have yourself to blame. That´s the first thing ,and the most simple thing to avoid being ganked.

2) Claws, quarterstaff, double bladed - like what bruh ? Claw and Quarterstaff cannot dismount you Ever. They require really close range and if you get that close, then no wonder you get killed by 4.0 people. It´s so easy to avoid them it´s riddiculous.

Too lazy to continue. IP doesnt help you if 10 people jump you. Knowing what to do does. That´s about it.
      My YT channel - Solo greataxe killing everything https://www.youtube.com/user/DhaosNK/video=7
    • i think that you oversimplified escape, i bet how much you want that you cant escape from a 10 man squad that know what they are doing, assassin jacket its a thing and once you are dismounted, if you arent near another map you are dead, 1 crow and you are dead, 1 stalker hood + 1 fiend cowl and you are dead

its not easy to escape but its not easy to be catched either

(i speak from a non hideout user prospective, it became easier with HO/terry)
    • When I'm out in my T8 Ore gathering gear and meet a group of fewer than 6 people on my grizzly bear I just laugh and flame them in chat. I got 5.6k+ HP total and insane amounts of resistance.

I've been dismounted by groups of 7-9 people and still escaped easily using double-bladed and gathering abilities. It's when you've got a group of ten or more gankers I get a bit afraid, and that's only if I'm more than two zones deep in BZ.

Use the proper mounts, learn your advantages and where you personally lack, and play around that. I've inted my gathering set several times before I realized what I was doing wrong.

First off, if you only do royal continent, you're still in the beginner/training area, oh and red zones are no place for consistent gathering... just look at how often you get ganked.

A lot of players complain about red zones but don't even traverse the black ones, which is the actual solution to their problems.

• First off, you should learn to not get hit by mobs when running around (it's possible to not get hit at all). When you got that down most zones a safe against 2-4 gankers.
      • Then, you should focus on learning to scout scouts and gankers to ensure your safety in the zone when gathering.
      • And lastly, it's important to not get a heart attack and act logically and rationally when being ganked or approached. I've seen so many people make crucial mistakes in an adrenaline rush.
        • As a bonus learn to gank yourself and get a hint of where/how people would do it, I did that and avoid most ganks by default now, either that or I've been consistently lucky in the long term.

I literally have fun with gankers, wasting their time making them follow me thinking they have an easy target; I'm usually at 75% speed (grizzly) but often escape just because they can't run without getting tagged by mobs.

People who're excited, pumped from adrenaline, and about to get a kill often make mistakes, be patient and take advantage of that.