Training Program/Prep/strategy? for non-fighters to survive gankers (Request)

• Training Program/Prep/strategy? for non-fighters to survive gankers (Request)

So instead of whine and complain, i will try to up my escape game, i have followed the classic rules (keep atention to your surroundings, dont listen to anything in addition to albion ambiental sounds, as soon as you see orange/red run, etc) and tried the upper limit of gathering armor i can get (highest being T7 skinner set) and escape weapons (bloodletter, myst or scepter) and still im destroyed by 3 gankers (real gankers, crow/owl+swiftclaw+huskie;claws, frost, double bladed).
      I tried some build recommended for heart transport, my upper limit is T6 set, Guardian Armor 6.2, Soldier boots 6.2, knight helmet 6.2,all with passive protection from move impairment, then the bloodletter+scepter combo, usually 4.2, armored horse, and this has improved a lot of mu survivality but if 1 or more gankers are added to the mix im done....

So its there something else i should aim? higher tier plater amor?, i need ultimate defense and movibility i dont care on fighting. i wanna be the rinno of the "prey" kingodom, im still mortal but it will take real gank work to take me down. But now i feel like just a big water buffalo...yeah i take some beating and such but cant have an oportunity when ganked by 4 or more (and let remember albion has 10+ gank turdpilers)

So, i request the aid of the forum wisdom. Many thanks in advance.

PS: I forgot to mention im a solo player, yes i know albion is meant to be group, but i like it solo, with some social interacting, so please take that in consideration, please avoid to said (just keep inside royal, or quit playing or such useless opinions).
    • cybron14 wrote:

So instead of whine and complain, i will try to up my escape game, i have followed the classic rules (keep atention to your surroundings, dont listen to anything in addition to albion ambiental sounds, as soon as you see orange/red run, etc) and tried the upper limit of gathering armor i can get (highest being T7 skinner set) and escape weapons (bloodletter, myst or scepter) and still im destroyed by 3 gankers (real gankers, crow/owl+swiftclaw+huskie;claws, frost, double bladed).
      I tried some build recommended for heart transport, my upper limit is T6 set, Guardian Armor 6.2, Soldier boots 6.2, knight helmet 6.2,all with passive protection from move impairment, then the bloodletter+scepter combo, usually 4.2, armored horse, and this has improved a lot of mu survivality but if 1 or more gankers are added to the mix im done....

So its there something else i should aim? higher tier plater amor?, i need ultimate defense and movibility i dont care on fighting. i wanna be the rinno of the "prey" kingodom, im still mortal but it will take real gank work to take me down. But now i feel like just a big water buffalo...yeah i take some beating and such but cant have an oportunity when ganked by 4 or more (and let remember albion has 10+ gank turdpilers)

PS: I forgot to mention im a solo player, yes i know albion is meant to be group, but i like it solo, with some social interacting, so please take that in consideration, please avoid to said (just keep inside royal, or quit playing or such useless opinions).
      Ok, so, "training" is kind of doable, but you'd need a group of people. You could all go to a blue/yellow zone with not so many people and you use the mount and set you want to train in while the rest of the group (3-6 people should do the trick) PvP flag and try to catch you. Maybe set a goal like going from point A to B and have a little wager with the "gankers". If they dismount and knock you down, you pay a silver prize to them, but if you manage to go from point A to B, they pay you, that way you keep things interesting. Now, lets assume that you have no one to do that with and you still want to train. Best you could do is go for red and black zones with the mount you want to train with + the set (make it a t4 or 5, something you can keep on losing while you train). Yes, it'll be harder to escape with a t4 flat, but the point is to train so you can get good enough that, when the time comes to escape for real (with a stack of mammoths in your iventory) you actually know what to do.

Now, for the strategy itself:

1) Use the mount you want as much as possible -> Yes, it sounds kind of silly, but knowing the mounts limits, speed, having an overall knowledge of how much it takes for it to go down, who you can outrun and who you can't, how long does it take for a faster mount to reach and overtake you, all those things should become second nature to you and your little animal;

2) Stick to an escape set that suits you -> There are a lot of armors that can be used for escaping, each has their own pros and cons. There are people who'll say X is better, others will say it's Y. Honestly, what is better is something you feel like you can get ganked and still come out alive. You can try the "invisible ninja", with specter hood, assassins jacket, soldier boots, undead cape, mistcaller and bloodletter. When you get dismounted, bait them going in a direction, activate your jacket, watch where the gankers are mostly running to (probably the direction you where running to) and start using your bloodletter to go the other way. After your Q, W, E and Q, activate your hood, then jacket again and run to the direction you see the least amount of red dudes (there's probably one or two directions with 0 guys). Then after that if you still think they're on to you, use your boot, wait a couple seconds (use your Q and W as needed) and use an invisibility pot. You'll probably be safe. If the worst happens and they manage to get your life low, you still have your cape for an extra inv. You can trade soldier boots for specter shoes for even more invisibility at the cost of mana and speed. Problem is, if they have invisible detection, you're done. The one I use is a skinner gatherer set with bloodletter, mistcaller and fort sterling cape. The cape prevents me from being dismounted as it cancels out any CC. I won't get the effect again if I get dismounted, though, since the CD is rather long;

3) Train your skill activation -> Just go with your intended set, the skills you feel like using and start spaming them in your island or any city with enough room and use the skills in the correct order (of your choice). Make it second nature so when the worst happens you'll do it in an instant without thinking. What I tend to use is: W, Q, E, Q (bloodletter with mistcaller), D (block, 2s immunity while still moving), another Q, then W. At this point if they are still somehow keeping up with me, I press F (scent of the wilderness) and use the inv potion. Unless I completely mess up, I'll probably have enough of an advantage to use all my weapon skills again (5s delay because of silence), at which point my mount will then respawn and I just ride away from the gankers (side tip: using invisible potion and pressing "A", either to mount or escape a dungeon won't break the invisibility. That is not true for armor (ambush) and boots (specter shoes), though, as far as I tested.

4) Don't panic -> it seems kind of obvious, but it is still a much needed advice. The more nervous you get, the more prone you are to making mistakes (like use your bloodletter Q and enter combat, for example, or use an invis potion while affected by DoT). Sometimes when I'm gathering and I see one or two red names I just keep on gathering. Even if both come to me and dismount (I know they'll need some seconds before being able to attack me). Only when they are dismounted I actually mount and run, that way I know both will have a hard time catching me since they'll lose precious seconds mounting again (and will probably have understood that I'll remain calm and, therefore, won't be an easy target, so they might as well give up, which they normally do). How to improve this? Two options (better train both): group gank to learn how to do it (and how to avoid it) and actually get ganked. Another good way to do it is get a transport mission from a faction and go on maps/places where you know gankers will be. Have fun outsmarting them.

5) After being killed, try to identify what YOU did wrong -> I know what most people will say, "I didn't do anything wrong, got jumped by 10 guys, no way to survive". I'm sorry, but that's just crap. You did something wrong to somehow get in this situation. Learning where and how is the key to not let it happen again. Most of the times I died were because I was arrogant. I avoided an 8+ player gank and instead of zoning out of the map and call it a day I went on to another part of the map that wasn't nearly as far and kept going as usual. They weren't prepared for me the first time, but they were the second one.

6) Know the maps you're traveling to -> Try to travel through the same maps. Know them. Try to memorize every nook and cranny to know where, when and how to escape best should you need to do so. Even something as simple as a group DG spawn point can be detrimental to your survival should you need to enter there (side tip: you can enter a group dg while invisible, remain there for 1 minute and then leave with a bubble on. You can't do it with solo dgs since you are required to channel your entrance in them). Ava Road portals are good, too, especially the green (2 player max), since you can enter it if situation calls for and only one gankers can follow you. It's very hard to die for a solo ganker, you have to mess up a lot. Avoid map roads, enemy HOs and bridges or other narrow passages that only have 1 or 2 escape routes. Use altars whenever possible and use bubble time and distance to minimize danger. If there are "portal gankers" (gankers that sit beside a map exit) go for a near dg, wait a minute and exit with a bubble. Wave them goodbye and blow them a kiss as you pass.

7) Prepare before starting -> Seems kind of silly, but using the correct itens, skills and passives can be detrimental to you. Since I mostly use hide gathering gear, I use my R (chest) in different ways. When going to the map I tend to leave it in the invisibility skill. When gathering, I use the poison ability. Preparing yourself can even be something as trivial as getting yourself dismounted by mobs before starting. That way the lag spike you ALWAYS get the first time you are dismounted is gone and it won't happen when you are being gangbanged by reds (I died once because of the spike. I learned my lesson). Also planning your route to get to the map and to escape it, even if you have to do so by a different route than the one you used to get there (the less time you spend pressing "M" or "N", the less of a sitting duck you are). It seems stupid, but not preparing yourself can cause you unecessary headaches. I once set out to gather without a bag. Had to go back all the way and lost half a pie. Always prepare yourself.

8 ) Turn your audio "on" -> I normally play without audio, because I like to hear music. But not while I'm gathering or traveling. Hearing mounts sound off screen is key to knowing your surroundings and staying alive. Audio cues in this game are super important if you fear getting ganked. Even increase volume if needed.

9) Assess the situation you're in -> Are there blobs? Did you see a red scouting the entrance you came? Is the map usually crowded (like portal maps)? Where is the HG? Are there deaths ocurring? If in a red zone, how many hostiles? The same guy passed by you twice? He's probably scounting a larger ganking group and they are going to trap you, get away from there before they do. A guy is following you? He's probably pinging your location to others, get away from the map (try not to run in a pattern that's easy enough to predict, or risk being trapped). You lost your pursuers, but fear portal gankers preventing you from zoning out? Enter a group or solo dg near the exit, wait 1 minute and pass then using your newfound bubble. The more you know the map and the more you get ganked, the easier it'll be to assess situations and plan accordingly.

10) Pay attention to your surroundings at ALL times -> Unless you have a ganking group of your own inside the map, or scouts in key positions, making it safe, you can't take your eyes out of the screen. If a red pass you by and you don't notice it (but they notice you), chances are he'll come back invisible and you won't be able to react in time. Check your minimap for skulls and where (and when) they appear. If you'1re heading somewhere and you see a red name without a mount, just turn around. Even if it's just one guy and he can't kill you, he can probably hold you long enough for others to come and finish you off.

11) If you're a gatherer, always gather beside your mount -> This one is basic, but I see a lot of people getting "confident" enough to not do it all the time. That's when you die. Always gather on top of your mount with the mouse above it to quickly mount if needed. That saved my life more times than I can count.

12) Also if you gather, don't let your HP get too low -> You're going to gather the resource mobs or even try to solo an aspect? No problem. But never, ever bite more than you can chew. A full HP gatherer for a loner passer by can just be ignored. A low life one that can be 1 or 2 hit killed? Even a guy who's not a ganker would think about it. A knocked down one? Man, even a naked scout would finish you off. I tend to not strike more than 2 mobs at a time (usually just one), so my life is NEVER bellow half HP.

13) Know when there's no hope -> Yeah, sometimes there's nothing you can do. You're using a nice mount, fast, sturdy, you know your shit, but they have a husky, a bat and a morgana's nightmare (just to name a few). They've covered every exit and they slowly surround you instead of running in line to get to you. They aren't joking around. They are really gankers who know what they're doing. Just try your best and see how long you can last.

There's probably a lot more to cover that I can't think right now on top of my head, but I guess you get the idea.

Hope it helps.
    • cybron14 wrote:

A few things to point out first:
      1. Swap the guardian armor out for the knight armor. Wind Wall is extremely good at escaping, while the enfeeble aura on the guardian armor doesn't do any good.
      2. I find the soldier helmet more versatile than the knight helmet. Both give you protection against grave guard and knight armor, while the first can also sometimes save your life against claw and nuke.
      3. Select the defense passive on the helmet and the armor (more on boots later), not the CC reduction one. The reason is that when you are already caught, cc reduction won't help you, while the defense passive make the difference between getting dismounted or not.
      4. Having 10k reputation if you are transporting on the royal continent. It gives you bonus protection against players' damage and CC.
      5. There're 2 shoes options for you, one is miner workboot with the best ability for transporter (Flee). Flee don't actually silence you if you use the spell right after you get dismounted. The silenced icon is still there but you are actually not. The other option is soldier boot with wanderlust + courier passive. The only reason for the soldier boot is the extra carry weight, if you don't use it, then use miner workboot.
      6. Use Sterling cape, it procs while you are mounted. It's like your second life so that you slipped away The first time you are caught on your mount.
      7. Swap bloodletter + offhand for double bladed staff. When being chased by people, It's the fastest weapon. I would say more than twice as fast as bloodletter + mistcaller. Even double bladed staff can't catch another double bladed staff. The reason is that a large portion of the mobility lie in your Q cartwheel. When you chase someone with it, you are not hit by anything, while the one being chased always get hit. When you are escaping, for every cartwheel, you have to proc the speed as it makes all the difference. Don't just cartwheel for a few meter advantage.
      8. Use low tier weapon and high tier helmet for infinite mana. You will have mana problem if you spam stun run on the staff, but with T4 double bladed staff with T8 helmet, You will never run out of mana. (Most of your mana comes from the helmet)
      9. Use resist potion instead of invi potion, I find that invi potions help literally nothing against more organized gankers.
      10. Grind the spec up for the 330 bonus IP. (This is kinda obvious). This is how spec for your escaping set should look like.

There're just so many little things that I can't tell you enough about it. The reason is that I don't remember what to tell you to look out for, it's just become part of you. You will need PvP experience for escaping (even when you don't want to do any fighting at all), so I suggest fight against actually people. The experience is required when you are escaping.

I craft 15 - 20 million silver worth of potions in Caerleon and transport them to Sterling every 2 days. I've been doing that for 5 months. I've been dismounted and chased around by more than 10 people many times, including the one time I was chased around by a group of 30+ gankers in Longtimber Glen. Despite all that, I've never died even once. This is my set for that record. Try it out, use lower tier if your cargo isn't has highly valued as mine.

EDIT: image didn't shown so link to build instead.

Extra edit:

The build and tricks are important but i can guarantee you that nothing save you as much as experience do, so I again suggest you fight people to feel how to avoid the fights.

I play duo with a friend, it's just 2 of us against everyone else. We are not in any guild. We usually run PvP together, but apart from that, I run everything else solo, so you can rest assured that you can live just fine in Albion as a solo player.
      Max spec 700/700 in staff, hammer, mace, and spear tree.
      Max spec 800/800 in all head, chest, shoes pieces.
      Max spec potions crafters.

The post was edited 4 times, last by SpicyPepper ().