Now that its 2021 is AO still a zerg oriented gankfest or is a real game again?

    • First of all, the economy in AO is really good. Way way better than WOW's economy. So calling it a "shitshow" is just wrong. Just the fact alone that the system gives accurate value estimates of a player's bag and equipment right there is huge win. Most RPG game systems have absolutely no idea how valuable a player's assets are.

      Secondly there are lots of options for people who want to play the game without PVP or want to PVP solo or duo. In particular, the Roads of Avalon has 2-man gates which create lucrative areas for players that want to solo or duo pvp. So, it is no longer a "zergfest". Also, there are Corrupted Dungeons for solo PVP. A player can also solo CDs with no risk if they accept a lower loot level.
    • Cursewords wrote:

      CassX wrote:

      Cursewords wrote:

      CassX wrote:

      Raithe wrote:

      Any good news for AO?
      They sold the game to Stillfront, p2w is maybe coming .. :/ ;(
      These doomsayers base their claims on 0 actual evidence whatsoever.
      And these naive believers still believe in miracles ... ;)
      Why don't you offer some evidence instead of shitting up threads with fear mongering?
      Evidence?
      For my feelings and for my opinion and to whom I believe and to whom not I do not need records.
      Another thing, can you please show me where in my answer is something where it was written that I am absolutely sure that p2w will come?
      I wrote MAYBE and also threw two smilies, "unsure" and "crying" which expresses my feelings that I'm not sure what will come and that I would not like to see p2w mechanisms in AO ..
      But I don't believe the words of developers, and I'm pessimistic about what I feel and as I see it, and for that I don't need any evidence.
      My opinion is pessimistic because I don't think that firstly, someone who has a prosperous game that is consistently bringing him money and the gaming community is just increasing would just sell the game "for better marketing", and secondly, a buyer who buys a game (moreover, if he is a buyer who has a strong p2w game in his repertoire) for millions will probably not wait 10 years for his investment to return and my opinion is that he will want certain p2w mechanisms in AO ..
      That's my opinion, and as I see it, I don't want p2w in the game (probably like most), but as I wrote, I'm pessimistic about it so far.
      I also expressed my opinion that, I currently own 10 characters, for 3 of them I bought premium status for one year for dollars from the store on the AO website and for 7 characters with silver, and thus I say that unfortunately so far I believe 3 out of 10.
      We will see during the year whether my pessimism will be confirmed or, conversely, your optimism in this matter and your belief in the words of the developers will be confirmed.I give a little hope for the second one (3 out of 10) but I still see it in black ..
      However, just as pessimists only have their feelings, so it is with you, you and others who fully believe to the words of the developers are in the same situation, nothing can be said with certainty, only time will tell.
    • Game is great tbh, just leave those bubbles of handholding/alliances and big guild.

      I discovered a whole new game when I did that 2 seasons ago and since them I have logged in every single day to play (I have no life please help)
      When I was at those guilds I had the same mentality as u, "game sucks and runs around those big guilds/clusterqueue feeding those people who RMT"

      Now I'm free and enjoying the game as much as I did when i first started.
    • CassX wrote:

      Cursewords wrote:

      CassX wrote:

      Cursewords wrote:

      CassX wrote:

      Raithe wrote:

      Any good news for AO?
      They sold the game to Stillfront, p2w is maybe coming .. :/ ;(
      These doomsayers base their claims on 0 actual evidence whatsoever.
      And these naive believers still believe in miracles ... ;)
      Why don't you offer some evidence instead of shitting up threads with fear mongering?
      Evidence?For my feelings and for my opinion and to whom I believe and to whom not I do not need records.
      Another thing, can you please show me where in my answer is something where it was written that I am absolutely sure that p2w will come?
      I wrote MAYBE and also threw two smilies, "unsure" and "crying" which expresses my feelings that I'm not sure what will come and that I would not like to see p2w mechanisms in AO ..
      But I don't believe the words of developers, and I'm pessimistic about what I feel and as I see it, and for that I don't need any evidence.
      My opinion is pessimistic because I don't think that firstly, someone who has a prosperous game that is consistently bringing him money and the gaming community is just increasing would just sell the game "for better marketing", and secondly, a buyer who buys a game (moreover, if he is a buyer who has a strong p2w game in his repertoire) for millions will probably not wait 10 years for his investment to return and my opinion is that he will want certain p2w mechanisms in AO ..
      That's my opinion, and as I see it, I don't want p2w in the game (probably like most), but as I wrote, I'm pessimistic about it so far.
      I also expressed my opinion that, I currently own 10 characters, for 3 of them I bought premium status for one year for dollars from the store on the AO website and for 7 characters with silver, and thus I say that unfortunately so far I believe 3 out of 10.
      We will see during the year whether my pessimism will be confirmed or, conversely, your optimism in this matter and your belief in the words of the developers will be confirmed.I give a little hope for the second one (3 out of 10) but I still see it in black ..
      However, just as pessimists only have their feelings, so it is with you, you and others who fully believe to the words of the developers are in the same situation, nothing can be said with certainty, only time will tell.
      I ain't reading all that whinging. I asked for evidence, not your life story.
    • Cursewords wrote:

      CassX wrote:

      Cursewords wrote:

      CassX wrote:

      Cursewords wrote:

      CassX wrote:

      Raithe wrote:

      Any good news for AO?
      They sold the game to Stillfront, p2w is maybe coming .. :/ ;(
      These doomsayers base their claims on 0 actual evidence whatsoever.
      And these naive believers still believe in miracles ... ;)
      Why don't you offer some evidence instead of shitting up threads with fear mongering?
      Evidence?For my feelings and for my opinion and to whom I believe and to whom not I do not need records.Another thing, can you please show me where in my answer is something where it was written that I am absolutely sure that p2w will come?
      I wrote MAYBE and also threw two smilies, "unsure" and "crying" which expresses my feelings that I'm not sure what will come and that I would not like to see p2w mechanisms in AO ..
      But I don't believe the words of developers, and I'm pessimistic about what I feel and as I see it, and for that I don't need any evidence.
      My opinion is pessimistic because I don't think that firstly, someone who has a prosperous game that is consistently bringing him money and the gaming community is just increasing would just sell the game "for better marketing", and secondly, a buyer who buys a game (moreover, if he is a buyer who has a strong p2w game in his repertoire) for millions will probably not wait 10 years for his investment to return and my opinion is that he will want certain p2w mechanisms in AO ..
      That's my opinion, and as I see it, I don't want p2w in the game (probably like most), but as I wrote, I'm pessimistic about it so far.
      I also expressed my opinion that, I currently own 10 characters, for 3 of them I bought premium status for one year for dollars from the store on the AO website and for 7 characters with silver, and thus I say that unfortunately so far I believe 3 out of 10.
      We will see during the year whether my pessimism will be confirmed or, conversely, your optimism in this matter and your belief in the words of the developers will be confirmed.I give a little hope for the second one (3 out of 10) but I still see it in black ..
      However, just as pessimists only have their feelings, so it is with you, you and others who fully believe to the words of the developers are in the same situation, nothing can be said with certainty, only time will tell.
      I ain't reading all that whinging. I asked for evidence, not your life story.
      Contact Mr. Sherlock Holms, maybe he'll give you evidence in a year ... (if you stay with AO for that long ..)
      You keep writing the same thing, you're like a box.
      No one will give you any evidence ofc, but naively believe in the illusion is the same as pessimism in others.
    • CassX wrote:

      Cursewords wrote:

      CassX wrote:

      Cursewords wrote:

      CassX wrote:

      Cursewords wrote:

      CassX wrote:

      Raithe wrote:

      Any good news for AO?
      They sold the game to Stillfront, p2w is maybe coming .. :/ ;(
      These doomsayers base their claims on 0 actual evidence whatsoever.
      And these naive believers still believe in miracles ... ;)
      Why don't you offer some evidence instead of shitting up threads with fear mongering?
      Evidence?For my feelings and for my opinion and to whom I believe and to whom not I do not need records.Another thing, can you please show me where in my answer is something where it was written that I am absolutely sure that p2w will come?I wrote MAYBE and also threw two smilies, "unsure" and "crying" which expresses my feelings that I'm not sure what will come and that I would not like to see p2w mechanisms in AO ..
      But I don't believe the words of developers, and I'm pessimistic about what I feel and as I see it, and for that I don't need any evidence.
      My opinion is pessimistic because I don't think that firstly, someone who has a prosperous game that is consistently bringing him money and the gaming community is just increasing would just sell the game "for better marketing", and secondly, a buyer who buys a game (moreover, if he is a buyer who has a strong p2w game in his repertoire) for millions will probably not wait 10 years for his investment to return and my opinion is that he will want certain p2w mechanisms in AO ..
      That's my opinion, and as I see it, I don't want p2w in the game (probably like most), but as I wrote, I'm pessimistic about it so far.
      I also expressed my opinion that, I currently own 10 characters, for 3 of them I bought premium status for one year for dollars from the store on the AO website and for 7 characters with silver, and thus I say that unfortunately so far I believe 3 out of 10.
      We will see during the year whether my pessimism will be confirmed or, conversely, your optimism in this matter and your belief in the words of the developers will be confirmed.I give a little hope for the second one (3 out of 10) but I still see it in black ..
      However, just as pessimists only have their feelings, so it is with you, you and others who fully believe to the words of the developers are in the same situation, nothing can be said with certainty, only time will tell.
      I ain't reading all that whinging. I asked for evidence, not your life story.
      When you've suffered as much burnout from playing AO like I, maybe you will understand.

      You keep writing the same thing, but unlike me you aren't posting the same copy-pasted shit over and over with absolutely zero evidence to back up your feelings. Instead, I'm just sitting here writing a bunch of fear mongering crap because I have nothing else better to do and would rather be a pessimist. Like I don't even know why I feel bad about Stillfront when I haven't bothered to do a fucking shred of research into them as a company, because if I did. Well, I'd probably find out on my own that they're actually pretty cool and have a sustainable business model.


      No one will give you any evidence ofc, because we who are complaining and saying the same thing all the time don't actually care about the game. We just need an outlet for our depression and lack of self-respect because we can't quit this game and need a justification as to why we're feeling burned out from playing it :D
      I made your post make more sense for the rest of us. You're welcome.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Cursewords ().

    • Cursewords wrote:

      I made your post make more sense for the rest of us. You're welcome
      You asked for evidence of his claims and he proceeded to let you know that he's joking and that basically he doesn't trust game companies, and why should he? Every single game company (especially for free games) that have purchased the rights to the games that I've been playing back in the day all have 1 thing in common. They're gone from the North American scene. Out, unplayable, you gotta buy a Korean account to play the mmos and fps games that I remember where this exact thing has happened. His pessimism is a reaction to certain facts about not only Stillfront but the entire video games industry as a whole right now. I feel bad for any kid coming up just picking up video games as a hobby now a day as they're full of manipulative business practices time after time after time again. But ya go on the defensive w/e mang

      OP to answer ur question people might 1v1 you in certain places in the game but once they realize that they've lost they call on their boys in discord to finish you off 1v2 1v3 1vYeahThisIsWhyCDisSoTryhard
    • @Cursewords
      I'm done with you, a waste of time, you're just a person who's always right and what he says is always true and everything will always be as you say.
      No one can have a different opinion, and if so, it is wrong and you require "evidence" but you yourself have no evidence for your "truth/opinion".
      Maybe when you grow up, you will have a wife and a child, maybe you will learn to respect the opinions of others and the fact that everyone can have a different opinion on things .. (but maybe not ..)
      Anyway, enjoy playing AO and good luck.
      Bye.
    • Learn how to fight outnumbered, maneuver, kill 1 and leave. I solo gank most of my time and group gank also in smaller groups. Most of the time if im in a group and i find a singe target hes dead before allies come to help. If its a group fight i Kite and bait them into an even numbered fight.

      Yes game is gankfest and 20v1 fest but if you play smart you can avoid it 95% of the time