How much do experienced players (1+ years) typically make per month and how?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• SpicyPepper wrote:

I make around 300 - 400 million silver a month, but after deducing the cost, I typically net around 200 million per month on average.

100 mil of which are profit from crafting potion in Caerleon then transport them to Sterling and sell. The other 100 mil is net profit from running 2v2 HG with a friend.

That's the nominal income. I use that 200 mil surplus each month to buy monthly mounts and referral skins (if they are good) and resell them after 5 - 6 months.

After a while, the appreciation from these investment are so much that silver start piling up (because there isn't enough new investment on the market to buy when I liquidate old one). I occasionally have to get rid of the piled up silver by either eat Tome of Insight, or buy a bunch of 8.3 sets and do some crazy 1 v 10 PvP until the silver get down to a certain amount, then the cycle repeat.
      So you make 333 silvers / focus points. I doubt that.
    • Malkalma wrote:

SpicyPepper wrote:

I make around 300 - 400 million silver a month, but after deducing the cost, I typically net around 200 million per month on average.

100 mil of which are profit from crafting potion in Caerleon then transport them to Sterling and sell. The other 100 mil is net profit from running 2v2 HG with a friend.

That's the nominal income. I use that 200 mil surplus each month to buy monthly mounts and referral skins (if they are good) and resell them after 5 - 6 months.

After a while, the appreciation from these investment are so much that silver start piling up (because there isn't enough new investment on the market to buy when I liquidate old one). I occasionally have to get rid of the piled up silver by either eat Tome of Insight, or buy a bunch of 8.3 sets and do some crazy 1 v 10 PvP until the silver get down to a certain amount, then the cycle repeat.
      I mean you can't just take his 100M profit and call it all focus profit. He certainly didn't do that.
      Discord: Piddle#7413
      Did he who made the Lamb make thee?
    • Professor_Chad wrote:

I am frequently seeing on the forums offhand remarks to the effect that high level players have no trouble making tens of millions of silver on a daily basis, however, I don't understand how this could be remotely possible.

For example, in answer to one of my posts, someone said that premium is necessary for crafters (to get daily focus), but that is no problem even for FTP players because 9 million is a "measly" amount for a crafter. I guess "measly" means he could make 10 million in an hour or two, presumably.

However, I don't really see how this is possible. Furthermore, I have some evidence that this characterization of 9 million being a "measly" amount for a high level player is not correct:

(1) I recently saw a video by a high level character in which his group found a freshly spawned map in the Avalonian roads and proceeded to loot the whole node, carrying it out with mammoths because there was so much. He described this as a once in a blue moon event, a rare occurrence. However, when all was said and done he had made about 10 million in about 2 hours. However, this was a RARE occurrence. I got the idea that a 10 million silver payday was huge haul for him and his nightly earnings were normally much smaller.

(2) I carefully looked at the Black Market and analyzed the profit margins on over 30 different high level weapons, and found that the profit margins were tight and person could make hundreds of thousands on each at most, and for many they were close to being money losers. And this was for a large number of completely different weapons. For a person with specialization in one thing, like plate helmets, there might only be 1 or 2 such helmets in demand on the BM selling for over 1 million that would be profitable. So, your potential daily profit there is in the hundreds of thousands, not 10 million.

(3) I have traded in the resource markets in AO, which is the most liquid market in the game (except for gold-for-silver) and I can tell you for a fact that the income potential is in the hundreds of thousands per night, not 10 million. And to get those hundreds of thousands, you have to do a lot of work trading. Just as an example, the typical margin on a resource is around 10%, once taxes etc are taken into account. Nightly volume that one person can do is maybe 5,000 units of a resource selling for 400, which is 2 million x 10% = about 200,000 silver. Of course, if you do a LOT of work, maybe you can trade in say 5 different goods every night, but that is still only 1-2 million per night, not 10 million, and to do that volume, you would have to work for many hours every night.

(4) T8 solo dungeons pay about 50K per run on average or something like that. So, if you are doing 6 dungeons per hour, that is 300,000 per hour. If you play for 4 hours a night, that is 300k x 4 = 1.2 million, not 10 million.

So, I am not seeing how 10 million is a "measly" amount. From my, admittedly naive, point of view it looks like even a skilled and experienced player would need about a week on average to make 10 million silver, so it would not seem to be a "measly" amount.
      People making 10m+ a day aren't just doing these 4 very limited activities.
    • Malkalma wrote:

No i don't make 333 silvers per focus point. I have 2 accounts for crafting potion. So i have 20k focus a day, not 10k.

Secondly, I grows all the herbs myself so the cost of ingredient in my crafting is only from buying the destroyed seed, not the herbs themselves (e.g Yarrow seed has 93% seed yield so you lost some of the seed everyday and have to buy more to fill those lose seed)
      Solo/duo player.
      Play mostly tank
      Max spec 700/700 in staff, hammer, mace, and spear tree.
      Max spec 800/800 in all head, chest, shoes pieces.
      Max spec potions crafters.
    • SpicyPepper wrote:

Malkalma wrote:

No i don't make 333 silvers per focus point. I have 2 accounts for crafting potion. So i have 20k focus a day, not 10k.
      Secondly, I grows all the herbs myself so the cost of ingredient in my crafting is only from buying the destroyed seed, not the herbs themselves (e.g Yarrow seed has 93% seed yield so you lost some of the seed everyday and have to buy more to fill those lose seed)
      So typical.. "I grow it / gather it so it is free money!!!"...
    • Malkalma wrote:

SpicyPepper wrote:

Malkalma wrote:

No i don't make 333 silvers per focus point. I have 2 accounts for crafting potion. So i have 20k focus a day, not 10k.Secondly, I grows all the herbs myself so the cost of ingredient in my crafting is only from buying the destroyed seed, not the herbs themselves (e.g Yarrow seed has 93% seed yield so you lost some of the seed everyday and have to buy more to fill those lose seed)
      Yes that makes me laugh too.

Everything you do in game has a value, just try to be efficient and maximise your focus as well as you playtime. I gather after reset for an hour max, then I go farm 5 mans solo, empty the labourers and if I can't sleep I'll go fishing. I make enough to play how I want.
      [i][u][b]"Best not type too much I may get in trouble"[/b][/u][/i]
    • The real key is to find something you like doing that gives you enough money and do that. There are almost certainly 'most efficient' ways to earn but most involve big investments upfront so are for established players.

A study of markets if you want to be 'most efficient' will yield good returns based on 250,000 start-up and a willingness to travel.
      Pre Patch 16 UO Player - Casual PK/Carebear Crafter - Now Old.
    • Barathorn wrote:

The real key is to find something you like doing that gives you enough money and do that. There are almost certainly 'most efficient' ways to earn but most involve big investments upfront so are for established players.

A study of markets if you want to be 'most efficient' will yield good returns based on 250,000 start-up and a willingness to travel.
      For a start maximise focus use, second get a passive income, third set goals as to what you want to do for the money, if you pvp do that, if you fish do that, if you gather T5 resources do that, almost every action makes you better at it. buying stuff at different markets and shipping it over unfortunately doesn't give you massive amounts of silver to begin, only real way is a mammoth and a load of investments. Also don't use islands for any crafting, pretty much counter intuitive.
      [i][u][b]"Best not type too much I may get in trouble"[/b][/u][/i]
    • Malkalma wrote:

No money is free. OP ask the number. I answered. That's all. It* take me about an hour a day to harvest all those crop. It's just another activity, a really lucrative one silver wise.
      Solo/duo player.
      Play mostly tank
      Max spec 700/700 in staff, hammer, mace, and spear tree.
      Max spec 800/800 in all head, chest, shoes pieces.
      Max spec potions crafters.
    • You cannot compare your self to old players and you shouldnt. Anyone who does make a lot of money in this game does it with a work doesnt come out for free.

For example I am making from 50-60m a day and I do play only 2-3hours a day (I dont count standing on tower crafting while I do work IRL).

My most effective playtime is Corrupted dungeons. With meta weapon and if you are good you can pull up to 8m/hour on average. With crafting you can do way more but its way harder to setup a network from workers to refiners and transports.

Now you dont have to put such goal, cause I know people who make more than 50-60m a day, but if you are not really good at PvP I would highly recommend you to start investing into refining or crafting right now or flipping black market, or ganking.

Let me answere your questions.

Do you want to make 30m+ a day?

You have next choices:
      1) Crafting
      2) Refining (multiple alt characters atleast 30)
      3) High skill PvP

On 3. you are more flexibile because you have options, crystal league, hellgates or cds, however ganking is way lower profit because you need to split it with multiple people.

The post was edited 1 time, last by imbafromNorth ().

• imbafromNorth wrote:

You cannot compare your self to old players and you shouldnt. Anyone who does make a lot of money in this game does it with a work doesnt come out for free.

For example I am making from 50-60m a day and I do play only 2-3hours a day (I dont count standing on tower crafting while I do work IRL).

My most effective playtime is Corrupted dungeons. With meta weapon and if you are good you can pull up to 8m/hour on average. With crafting you can do way more but its way harder to setup a network from workers to refiners and transports.

Now you dont have to put such goal, cause I know people who make more than 50-60m a day, but if you are not really good at PvP I would highly recommend you to start investing into refining or crafting right now or flipping black market, or ganking.

Let me answere your questions.

Do you want to make 30m+ a day?

You have next choices:
      1) Crafting
      2) Refining (multiple alt characters atleast 30)
      3) High skill PvP

On 3. you are more flexibile because you have options, crystal league, hellgates or cds, however ganking is way lower profit because you need to split it with multiple people.
      Solo Ganking or Small man ganking for the win.. Parties of 6 or more is too much. Yesterday I solo ganked 18m-20m... However 9m of that came from 1v2 2 8.3 1h Dagger players at the same time. With respect I was in 8.3 frost and dismounted the Pest lizard dude.

Ganking is the most profitable in the game however you knowledge of the game , PVP skills, and knowledge of where players go / transport takes a LOT of work. But done correctly 1 transport kill can net you 10m easy.