Guardian Helmet nerf Big mistake. They killing solo players.

    • It doesnt say it won´t remove dots - and i assume it should remain dots. It´s just that it´s barrier instead of HP.

      This is a well deserved nerf. Because this helm especially on plate users give way too much value and make fights in CD extremely boring. It´s because these highly mobile disgusting plate users with knight armor, armor of valor etc have high mobility and survability, and they get infinite HP regen thanks to guardian helmet. They can keep you in combat while slowly replenishing their health, and if you dont have the guardian helm - you might just lost because of that.

      It´s like imagine you would have a guy with high range and mobility. He could poke you with 100 dmg every 15 seconds to keep you in combat, and if he sustained any dmg, he could just heal it with guardian helm. And he could just kill you in 10 minutes like that.

      As for solo players - guardian helm isn´t really that great for solo tbh. If anything, it might only be useful for the infinite hp regen like in CD, which frankly : is pretty damn lame.

      I dont think it won´t remove dots, otherwise yes - the stupid 1H curse will be meta, and nobody wants to see that. That weapon is almost as brain dead as thorns and having no counter to it would be the absolute worst meta ever. Hell, i would even prefer tombhammers over 1H curse meta lol
    • PaladinJavier wrote:

      I don't get your point. From your analysis I think Big problem is the tankiness of plate and kiting abilities instead of guardian Helmet . But That's a SBI problem after nerfing + percentage of healing by cloths. A Best solution would be limiting synergy between plate life pool and guardian Helmet though.
      The big problem is that these mobile tanky build keep running around poking you while replenishing their health. It´s horrendeous. For example, i play decently mobile build, but i can´t kill tombhammers if they aren´t completely dumb. Why ? Usually because of the guardian helm. Because i deal some damage, they run away and they heal it with guard helm. Before i am on them again, their cd with guardian helm is up and they are ready to heal any damage i caused them again.

      There is literally no way i could ever win when they use guardian helm.

      It´s extremely boring 0 head gameplay, one button andy for healing their HP. Now, barrier will require a moment where ur getting hit to get more value from that. That seems absolutely fine. Even in solo play. So - no issues there.
    • Borbarad wrote:

      It doesnt say it won´t remove dots - and i assume it should remain dots. It´s just that it´s barrier instead of HP.

      This is a well deserved nerf. Because this helm especially on plate users give way too much value and make fights in CD extremely boring. It´s because these highly mobile disgusting plate users with knight armor, armor of valor etc have high mobility and survability, and they get infinite HP regen thanks to guardian helmet. They can keep you in combat while slowly replenishing their health, and if you dont have the guardian helm - you might just lost because of that.

      It´s like imagine you would have a guy with high range and mobility. He could poke you with 100 dmg every 15 seconds to keep you in combat, and if he sustained any dmg, he could just heal it with guardian helm. And he could just kill you in 10 minutes like that.

      As for solo players - guardian helm isn´t really that great for solo tbh. If anything, it might only be useful for the infinite hp regen like in CD, which frankly : is pretty damn lame.

      I dont think it won´t remove dots, otherwise yes - the stupid 1H curse will be meta, and nobody wants to see that. That weapon is almost as brain dead as thorns and having no counter to it would be the absolute worst meta ever. Hell, i would even prefer tombhammers over 1H curse meta lol
      I don't want to see any meta but player's skill. Like make it hard to kill some classes for some classes, but not totaly impossible. Best-player-ever should have options to win any 1x1 fair IP encounter. Skills must dominate builds.
    • Borbarad wrote:

      Yep. I met 1h frost with plate armor. There is no way i can ever win. He can just poke me with E and i wont ever be able to catch up to him to deal enough damage to kill him, because he keeps healing himself with guardian helmet
      Yeah but that its another 3 problems;
      1. FROST SLOW IN Q ITS 25% (Which mean u can't run easily)
      2. Its plate but anyway that plate frost will outdamage you.
      3. Can reset easily with his W and E + Helmet will heal him.
      3 Problems in 1 build. Broken...
    • This game suffering from movement speed issues. World of warcraft had, when I played it, only few speedbuff spells and had almost perfect PVP system. Melee classes need dashes to reach ranged classes, ranged classes need dashes to get distance from melee classes. Maybe AO should get rid of speed buff spells on every boots pair. Would be enought to get heal/shield/immune/stealth/freeze etc effect on em.
    • AlalX wrote:

      This game suffering from movement speed issues. World of warcraft had, when I played it, only few speedbuff spells and had almost perfect PVP system. Melee classes need dashes to reach ranged classes, ranged classes need dashes to get distance from melee classes. Maybe AO should get rid of speed buff spells on every boots pair. Would be enought to get heal/shield/immune/stealth/freeze etc effect on em.
      But this game is different.

      In other games, melee classes tend to devastate ranged / casters if they get close. So the caster keeps distance and so on, either by CC or kiting.

      However in this game - it´s much different. The caster can deal as high or even higher damage than melee. He can just stand and dont move and deal massive damage. Look even at crossbows , or frost mage , bow etc.

      So here, it´s not that ranged dies if melee gets closer. It´s that melee dies if he can´t get closer. The melee is in disadvantage because he needs to be on target to dish out damage. But caster has the advantage, and especially in enviroment like CD where there are traps and mobs.
      Like i was fighting a dude who had hover shoes , therefore he wasn´t slowed by mobs - and i had aoe attacks. So he just ran into mobs and i couldnt do anything. If i were to hit, even my thetford cape would pull aggro of mobs to me and i wouldnt be able to win no matter what. On top of that, he had plate.

      Look at badon or 1h frost. If it will decide to not engage and will keep poking you, you can´t win. You simply can´t. Even if you have relatively high mobility, because he can just CC you and you will die.
    • Borbarad wrote:

      AlalX wrote:

      This game suffering from movement speed issues. World of warcraft had, when I played it, only few speedbuff spells and had almost perfect PVP system. Melee classes need dashes to reach ranged classes, ranged classes need dashes to get distance from melee classes. Maybe AO should get rid of speed buff spells on every boots pair. Would be enought to get heal/shield/immune/stealth/freeze etc effect on em.
      But this game is different.
      In other games, melee classes tend to devastate ranged / casters if they get close. So the caster keeps distance and so on, either by CC or kiting.

      However in this game - it´s much different. The caster can deal as high or even higher damage than melee. He can just stand and dont move and deal massive damage. Look even at crossbows , or frost mage , bow etc.

      So here, it´s not that ranged dies if melee gets closer. It´s that melee dies if he can´t get closer. The melee is in disadvantage because he needs to be on target to dish out damage. But caster has the advantage, and especially in enviroment like CD where there are traps and mobs.
      Like i was fighting a dude who had hover shoes , therefore he wasn´t slowed by mobs - and i had aoe attacks. So he just ran into mobs and i couldnt do anything. If i were to hit, even my thetford cape would pull aggro of mobs to me and i wouldnt be able to win no matter what. On top of that, he had plate.

      Look at badon or 1h frost. If it will decide to not engage and will keep poking you, you can´t win. You simply can´t. Even if you have relatively high mobility, because he can just CC you and you will die.
      But nothing changes if everyone in the game will has no boots speed buff effects. It would be the same. Xbow would have 0 speedbuff abilities and melee will still have dozens of em. Even frost mages would suffer because they have to stand in a place while casting. This game should make you choose between damage and mobility instead of mobility vs more mobility.
      Maybe there are more options to fix gameplay:
      1st one is to make cd on boots less than fight duration time so it still had option to make distance but not enough to freely avoid fight.
      2nd one is to add more spells and buttens in this game with lower cooldowns.
    • Duh that mages need to stand. You want mage to be a mobile caster ? Bruh.

      Guess what ? Melee not only has to stand to deal damage, it also has to be on the target to deal damage.

      Casters / ranged have all the advantages.

      Just look at the bow - badon for example. With frust shot and knockback, if i were to play battleaxe with mistcaller and even if i were to eat omelette - i can´t ever kill him. Because he has knockback shot every 3 second or something on Q along with mobility W which is also a CC. So he can deal damage, but i can´t . And there is nothing i can do. Simply nothing. Because the moment i am on him to deal damage, he will knock me back.

      And i have long cd on shoes, and my W has long CD as well. Without those CD, i simply can´t deal damage. That´s just bs.

      It´s no suprise ranged and casters are meta in CD, especially those that are mobile. It´s just insane advantage.

      In this game, melee doesn´t destroy caster if it´s in his range, so melee is ... pretty crap.

      Also, tombhammer is not really melee due to it´s E having some really high range.
    • I am also not a fan on this change. I use guardian helmet while doing solo dungeons to keep my health topped of so I don't have to stop and wait for health regen, and so I don't encounter players while I'm low health. This change doesn't take this play style into account. This change will also make guardian helmet feel too much like soldiers helmet.

      This is just another case of balancing the game for the sake of 1v1 instance PvP, which I feel is going in the wrong direction for this game.
    • Ophill wrote:

      I am also not a fan on this change. I use guardian helmet while doing solo dungeons to keep my health topped of so I don't have to stop and wait for health regen, and so I don't encounter players while I'm low health. This change doesn't take this play style into account. This change will also make guardian helmet feel too much like soldiers helmet.

      This is just another case of balancing the game for the sake of 1v1 instance PvP, which I feel is going in the wrong direction for this game.
      Now solodungeon close before 1:30 min a player enter. U will not be dived most of the time...
      U can use jackets (Merc), and cloth (cultist robe). Batteaxe is another option if u use axes.
      It will be soo good on PVP 5v5 and for 1v1 bull damage (no against runners).
      Stop thinking the game its for 1V1 AND ONLY.
    • Ophill wrote:

      I am also not a fan on this change. I use guardian helmet while doing solo dungeons to keep my health topped of so I don't have to stop and wait for health regen, and so I don't encounter players while I'm low health. This change doesn't take this play style into account. This change will also make guardian helmet feel too much like soldiers helmet.

      This is just another case of balancing the game for the sake of 1v1 instance PvP, which I feel is going in the wrong direction for this game.
      Omegalol. That´s the worst argument i have ever heard of.

      It´s like you never heard of cabbage soup or lifesteal food, and that solo dungeons are closing.

      This change is fine. Guardian helm heal is low and is no good in solo dungeons anyway.

      And guess what ? I play guardian helm in CD. And even then i want that to be nerfed. Because alll the god damn plate cheese builds are playing it and i cant kill them because they keep replenishing their health infinitely. Welcomed change.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Borbarad ().