Is SBI trying to have potato players ?

• Is SBI trying to have potato players ?

The recent changes are the auto-respec cost increase silver/fame by 20% (mob gold drop increased 15%) and 15% less gold on Black Market, which goes to loot chest in
      dg, thus lower dg loot generally. This is going to the pay-to-win system where people buying gold will start to get a bigger advantage due to the fame farming costs. I started to play this game because of the absence of to advantageous pay-to-win system. Is the objective of SBI now to offer a good game to players for a decent price (premium accounts) or just milk as much money as possible in the long run. I know that the objective of the company is to earn money but a greedy approach can ruin this game and lead to the loss of user community. I am puzzled with the last patch changes and I would like to start the discussion, what do you think about this?

Details about the latest patch: [13. January 2021] Rise of Avalon Patch 12

The post was edited 1 time, last by summerplayer ().

• pretty much. They try not come across as malicious but they very much so are. The first year of albion was probably the best. compared to the time you would have now. They only care about money they will ban anyone for any pathetic reason they are legit probably around a 3rd owned by Chinese company's so they'll sell your Data and milk every cent they can out of you. I love Albion but I really hope it dies this developers beyond dogshit tier.

The post was edited 4 times, last by Polymorphs ().

• summerplayer wrote:

The recent changes are the auto-spec cost increase silver/fame by 20% (mob gold drop increased 15%) and 15% less gold on Black Market, which goes to loot chest in
      dg, thus lower dg loot generally. [...] I am puzzled with the last patch changes and I would like to start the discussion, what do you think about this?
      Very good point, it is possible that they want the black market prices to go up slowly hopefully with less players engaging in it until it reaches good prices. This will likely take out players that previously dominated black market and encourage them to do other content making space for newer players to try their hand at learning it and taking over.

Personally, I think this is a precursor for the new Faction Warfare system, hopefully they add new/exciting crafts to be made from the Faction stores. I do see your concern though, it's entirely possible that they are milking users, but I'm optimistic
    • Think that Patch is ok. Just Pick up your silver (+15%).
      They will buff static dungeons, open world and faction warfare will come out.
      So this step was necessary.

Long needed nerf of easy silver farming these days.
      Small Scaler, Meuchelmörder & Notfall-Nature-Healer
      Proscriptus
      Ruhm und Ehre erwarten euch nur auf dem Schlachtfeld!
    • Piraterer wrote:

Think that Patch is ok. Just Pick up your silver (+15%).
      They will buff static dungeons, open world and faction warfare will come out.
      So this step was necessary.

Long needed nerf of easy silver farming these days.
      a +15% buff is nothing compared to what rising the price of respec with the actual state of fame farming is
      I'm so prog, I listen to concept albums on shuffle
      Look for the ayys
    • People's perspectives are always quite interesting. I interrupt this as a solid change as any change to promote more people to leave the city and play the content is a step in the right direction. It is early yet but I have noticed very little change from loot chests and obviously the silver picked up and much improved. I think the goal is to hurt the BM spammers who only do that and nothing more. But again everyone has a perspective they like to think.
    • This is an intervention into the game economy made by SBi for some not justified yet purposes. How this is related to the main feature of Albion, advertised as the player-driven economy. In the normal world, it is called interventionism done by a country goverments to artificially influence markets in order to achieve some goals, guess which ones .... Is the Albion real Sandbox or just an illusion of it ?
    • People...understand something. Auto respec only works on something YOU HAVE ALREADY MASTERED. Also some extra info:

When you have auto respec on you save fame credits at around 80% the value of the fame you would have gotten in a non maxed item.

This value drops to 20% if you have auto respec off.

SO, instead of losing anything, you still keep 20% fame without a single silver lost, and choose to pay silver to have bigger returns while using a MAXED EQUIP.

Options:

1. Use a non maxed item: No silver lost.

2. Use a maxed item without respec and still save credits: No silver lost.

3. Use a maxed item with respec on: invest silver to have quadruple value of respec (20% -> 80%)

It is an OPTION, you arent forced to use it. If you dont have the silver to invest, don't do it, go farm.
    • expect you are. At the core this is a pvp game and system designed so that the more you farm the stronger you can be.

So in a tree of 7 weapons 2 might be good at farming and maybe 5 you don't care about but if ur not 700 or not 400-500. You are behind.

Let alone all new-1 year players pending how much time and access to fame farm are already well behind.

This change really only effects them a vet or fully eco player will continue on with millions of income per day and just be less rich.

Where other players might have to choose to not fame farm at all. Using bedrock mace to fame farm and taking forever to clear a dungeon sux.
    • summerplayer wrote:

The recent changes are the auto-respec cost increase silver/fame by 20% (mob gold drop increased 15%) and 15% less gold on Black Market, which goes to loot chest in
      dg, thus lower dg loot generally. This is going to the pay-to-win system where people buying gold will start to get a bigger advantage due to the fame farming costs. I started to play this game because of the absence of to advantageous pay-to-win system. Is the objective of SBI now to offer a good game to players for a decent price (premium accounts) or just milk as much money as possible in the long run. I know that the objective of the company is to earn money but a greedy approach can ruin this game and lead to the loss of user community. I am puzzled with the last patch changes and I would like to start the discussion, what do you think about this?

Not a single mention here about the satchels of insight buff, which in my opinion compensates very well the auto-respec change.

Auto-respec is what makes this game pay-to-win. Making it more expensive makes the game more competitive. It forces you to play other items instead of playing the same equip and training eveything through auto-respec and money.

So, not only you are wrong, this is a great change that makes the game less pay-to-win and more go to play the damn thing.
    • TioJuance wrote:

Not a single mention here about the satchels of insight buff, which in my opinion compensates very well the auto-respec change.
      Auto-respec is what makes this game pay-to-win. Making it more expensive makes the game more competitive. It forces you to play other items instead of playing the same equip and training eveything through auto-respec and money.

So, not only you are wrong, this is a great change that makes the game less pay-to-win and more go to play the damn thing.
      What? so u think re-spec makes it pay to win? so this change only effects newer players, because after they get there farm set to 100 which probably advice everyone gave them. They are now stuck starting from scratch again because they can't afford the respec that most vets can still? this money sink only effects people who can't afford the millions per day it will cost, most people I know thats played the game a long time and have set economy are like oh well and keep doing what they do.

this just creates a bigger divide from newer players to older players. I think my 6.1 satchel says 1 fame = 1.27 silver however you need 34ish m fame to max a weapon or 16ish mil credits at .9 cost. Someone else can do the math but satchel doesn't seem fantastic esp since

1) your probably farming at a slower rate due to it not being optimal farm weapon
      2) your IP is lower so ur easy gank target
      3) your in town constantly looking for group when you just wanted to hop on and play a bit.
    • summerplayer wrote:

you are wrong my man, there is too many silver. look at prices of t8 its funny how cheap they are.
      that loot nerf is more healthy for game.. I dont understand how even can u complaining.. back in the days u was doing 100k/h fame and people had fun.. now u are doing 1m+/h still not happy cuz of 15% less loot.. now imagine no cost for respect and all HCE carebears.. do you get it how broken it will be ? 0 risks, 0 costs only profit
      also bm/loot nerf mostly hit in rats.. and force people to PVP/PVE not only ratting for example CD/HG

overall change on good, we have to keep going that way, less casuals/noob friendly content more grind and skilled things
    • deenne wrote:

summerplayer wrote:

you are wrong my man, there is too many silver. look at prices of t8 its funny how cheap they are.
      that loot nerf is more healthy for game.. I dont understand how even can u complaining.. back in the days u was doing 100k/h fame and people had fun.. now u are doing 1m+/h still not happy cuz of 15% less loot.. now imagine no cost for respect and all HCE carebears.. do you get it how broken it will be ? 0 risks, 0 costs only profit
      also bm/loot nerf mostly hit in rats.. and force people to PVP/PVE not only ratting for example CD/HG

overall change on good, we have to keep going that way, less casuals/noob friendly content more grind and skilled things
      You are not seeing bigger picture this change only effects newer players not ppl who got to abuse this EZ system OR setup massive economy, they are unaffected. Will continue to be unaffected, they only people affected are people who are trying to catch up and will get punished by vets cause they gotta farm in sub par gear sets cause respec is to expensive.
    • summerplayer wrote:

Actually if they keep the loot table, you will get "more items" in the loot. And auto/reespect is not 100% needed, I mean, is helpful but there is no obligation to use it. You could always use the gear you wanna farm for.
    • iRawn wrote:

You are not seeing bigger picture this change only effects newer players not ppl who got to abuse this EZ system OR setup massive economy, they are unaffected. Will continue to be unaffected, they only people affected are people who are trying to catch up and will get punished by vets cause they gotta farm in sub par gear sets cause respec is to expensive.
      lemme ask you something, did anyone forcing you to using respec ? if you have money issue do something for profit, if you have enough to start faming do it, where is problem ?
    • iRawn wrote:

Point is this change only effects newer players. other players will not have an issue with it. So it's classic example pushing avg joe/poor and rich people are overall unaffected.
      Why?
      Isn't the "older players" the ones making more fame per hour so using more money in reespec? Isn't the "older players" the ones who use the BM the most, so they earn less silver now?
      This change is not "rich vs poor", is just economical balance, fiscal policy if you must.