Hello~

• Bieve wrote:

Been enjoying the game, guess it's time to get somewhat involved in the community? General chat can be either amusing or holy god toxic so maybe the forums are better? Anyway, looking forward to more crafting/gathering/healing. ^^
      In general as in any comunity, the forum is a mixed bag of surprises. I suggest you joining a guild to start interacting with new people and trying new activities. Have fun!
    • @Gabumon Yeah, I suppose that's true of any online community full of strangers. Forums just tend to be more structured with less immediate provocation - as opposed to chat. I'd like to join a guild but cursory research on the game suggests that the politics are kind of batty. I'd rather play solo long enough to know what I want out of the game, then find a small community that is welcoming and supportive of whatever that goal ends up being. Massive political struggles and egos just don't appeal to me at all. Either way, thanks for the welcome and input. ^^

@Evas_Flarelight Thanks Evas!
    • Hello Bieve and welcome to the forums as Evas said haha. I hope your enjoying the game so far! Also i agree with your earlier statement, Some of the Guilds in the game are hardcore focused on the ZvZ aspects of the game so the political wars can get pretty crazy if your not used to them. It would probably be best if you at least joined a more laid back guild first and get more comfortable with what you want to do as you stated previously ^^ Also! if you ever need a gathering buddy or adventuring buddy you can always throw me a message! I do Stone Gathering the most though as a fore warning. Regardless of what you decide to do in the future i hope you continue to enjoy albion!
      My Referral Link: https://albiononline.com/?ref=FGVCEXEN5V
    • @dinogamer14miku Thanks! I'd love a gathering partner! ^^ I usually just chill to some lofi music and run around an area for a couple hours grabbing whatever. It's less focused than getting one thing at a time (and I know gathering gear is a thing at higher levels) but is way for fun. Like, see a fish? Fish. See an innocent frog? TAKE IT'S SKIN! See some flowers? Smell them... :shrug: You can find be in-game as Bieve as well.~
    • Welcome to the forums Bieve!! I hope your liking the game so far, also like dinogamer said if you ever need an gathering buddy you can shoot me a message here or on discord under Quicksilver88#7020. I would be more then happy to help you out. Have fun, and may the odds ever be in your favor!!
    • *waves* Hello!! Welcome to the forums!

As someone who is pretty new around here, I can tell you that, so far, the forums are a LOT better than the global chat in game
      "We few, we happy few, we band of brothers; For he to-day that sheds his blood with me Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile, This day shall gentle his condition"
      -Henry V, Shakespeare
    • Bieve wrote:

@Gilborath :waves: thanks you! They definitely seem so. I eventually just disabled the /en chat. ^^;
      Oh great and mighty Bieve, she who holds the mysteries of chat....

Please tell me how? I've wanted to do that without getting rid of the channel, as I wanted to easily see which of my friends had logged on with that ping.
      "We few, we happy few, we band of brothers; For he to-day that sheds his blood with me Shall be my brother; be he ne'er so vile, This day shall gentle his condition"
      -Henry V, Shakespeare
    • Gilborath wrote:

Bieve wrote:

@Gilborath :waves: thanks you! They definitely seem so. I eventually just disabled the /en chat. ^^;
      Oh great and mighty Bieve, she who holds the mysteries of chat....
      Please tell me how? I've wanted to do that without getting rid of the channel, as I wanted to easily see which of my friends had logged on with that ping.
      Haha! In the game settings there's a social tab. You can manage which chat channels you're in for each of your chat tabs individually, and create more. It won't get rid of any messages you've already received in those tabs but you won't get new ones. You can also automatically deny various requests (like duels, etc) and set profanity filters. The only two things that have come up for me as issues are..

1. You can't reorder the chat tabs? I haven't found it anyway.
      2. Profanity filter re-enables every time I launch the game.

I hope that helps~