Why SBI doesn't introduce a ranked arena system?

• Why SBI doesn't introduce a ranked arena system?

Hi all,

I really can't understand why a game with a potential of 500k players lacks of a pvp content like Ranked Arenas.

This system would lead to tons of new and old players playing, is it too difficult to understand?

Actually pvp is dead for solo players and they are the largest share of the market. People need a fast content, because all contents are situational, not profitable, dominated by zergs and rats.

I don't consider Crystal or HG as a fast content, because you play mosty with an organized group and as pug group you have less chances (if you can find it.).

2v2 HG are are manned by gankers outside and by rats/cancers 1 shoot build runners inside.

I love arena at the moment, but i think that it could be more usefull... I don't want that all players stay in arena all the time neglecting the royal and black zones, but, I feel it as good training a diversion and one great content, if someone has few time to invest in game at a certain time of day, or the opportunity to do organized pvp also for a solo player or very small group of casual.

How you could improve it? Make it ranked.

- no premade teams, you can queue only with max 1 person only for 5v5 or 10v10.
      - Reward limited to 10 Arenas (in total) per days with 50k of bag of silver and exp.
      - Weekly and monthly rank with relatives stats as arenas played, arenas won, kills, stone kept and total healing done, With a rewards to the
      first 100 players of the month (in order to classifications).
      - soft cap at 800 IP
      - Matchmaking by ranking
      - different modality: add 2v2 with only 1 stone to keep./ 3v3 with 1 stone to keep/ 10v10 in a bigger map with 5 stones to keep
      - No-rats system
      - arena championships in all categories every 3 monthes, and can partecipate only the top 100 players af these monthes.

I think that these are not so impossible changes, I hope they could inspire devs.

Thanks
    • Zulmer wrote:

They killed open world and The game has became a god damn moba game already with the new updates. And of course upcoming updates including new 10vs10 hellgates bla bla...

I am sure they will add ranked system for the arena too. Maybe one day SBI realize how bad updates they made.

Please keep killing this game I'm in love with.
      Hate to say it, but people killed the open world, not SBI. Nearly every change they made to, "kill" the open world has improved the game drastically. That's because the open world is garbage. Nobody actually likes being ganked by 8 pairs of Claws just trying to find a rock to hit. Jumping between dozens of identical copy paste zones with nothing interesting to see isn't exciting. Setting aside sever hours to wandee around for hours to find, "content" was never enjoyable and most of the content you ran into was gank squads of Ravens or zoning in to be trapped in a cage or some other garbage that drastically reduced your ability to even move let alone fight back. SBI didn't kill the open world.

You guys did that. You guys made everybody hate the open world. Not SBI. They are just catering to the market and it's working by the huge number of players joining the game and staying. If they closed off everything and forced you into the open world, people would just quit and then you'd still have nobody to gate camp against. You want open world combat? Go slave for some stupid mega alliance in pointless ZvZ battles that aren't fun for 99% of the people playing so they can RMT you worked so hard for. They clearly know the open world and the Black Zones are by far the worst content on the game and every step they take away from it has made the game more popular than ever.
    • Acoustic wrote:

Zulmer wrote:

They killed open world and The game has became a god damn moba game already with the new updates. And of course upcoming updates including new 10vs10 hellgates bla bla...

I am sure they will add ranked system for the arena too. Maybe one day SBI realize how bad updates they made.

Hate to say it, but people killed the open world, not SBI. Nearly every change they made to, "kill" the open world has improved the game drastically. That's because the open world is garbage. Nobody actually likes being ganked by 8 pairs of Claws just trying to find a rock to hit. Jumping between dozens of identical copy paste zones with nothing interesting to see isn't exciting. Setting aside sever hours to wandee around for hours to find, "content" was never enjoyable and most of the content you ran into was gank squads of Ravens or zoning in to be trapped in a cage or some other garbage that drastically reduced your ability to even move let alone fight back. SBI didn't kill the open world.
      You guys did that. You guys made everybody hate the open world. Not SBI. They are just catering to the market and it's working by the huge number of players joining the game and staying. If they closed off everything and forced you into the open world, people would just quit and then you'd still have nobody to gate camp against. You want open world combat? Go slave for some stupid mega alliance in pointless ZvZ battles that aren't fun for 99% of the people playing so they can RMT you worked so hard for. They clearly know the open world and the Black Zones are by far the worst content on the game and every step they take away from it has made the game more popular than ever.
      holy words bro...

Actual the real pvp in Albion is instanced, but not solo/small guilds players friendly.
      Open world is or a ganking or zerg fest, when if want to go to have an hg you find 10 gankers in t4/t5 that don't let you do it also if you kill them 3 times (they come back fast with their trash equip because yours as a valor of 10 of them).
      Last time I quitted the game, it's why in the evening, me and my group, tried to do hg 5v5 (the only enjoyable content) and after 3 hours of trying in 4 different portals we had finally 1 and we met 5 in bloodletter that force us to run around 20 min to kill them.
      For me this is trash not pvp, it's too slow, i want to do something i must organize with lots of people because needs persons to kill the person that want kill persons that are trying top kill other persons and go go go...
      This game has a lot of pvp potential but force you to escape not to combat.
      Crystals needs 5 people, it means find them, have a training with them (because you will fight against organized teams)but, most of all, having to depend on the real life commitments of the other teammates. This is not a fast pvp and you can do it anytime.
      Instead, in a ranked arena system where you meet random people, everyone is disadvantaged at the same level and you can join when and how you want, also if 1 day you can play only 30 min.
    • So what's exactly a rat in arena and how can you prevent that? At most I cant think of "queues as healer plays as thorn nature" but that's pretty much impossible to prevent. Or maybe bedrock mace with fisherman boots windwall and boop on helmet? Impossible to prevent either if the game mode stays the same.
      Can we PLEASE stop calling rat everything that doesn't fit our "honorable warrior" idea? They are trying to have fun too (And yes I call rat people that steals loot in zvz but if they are having fun, who am I to try to stop them)
    • Acoustic wrote:

Zulmer wrote:

That's exactly it, now hideouts are a thing at least the bigger alliances can filter down the higher tier resources to everyone as they can farm in relative safety. Resources were quite scarce for the solo gatherer, then to be ganked by a truck load really isn't fun. Once you make a few mill you can then start making even more, invest and make stupid cash. Yes the game has the pvp elements but noone likes being bent over by loads of people.

Pretty much every update has improved it, you're right the player base is growing, I see no end of new people who are not bots, helped a guy last night who was skinning, threw him some silver and a pie, was his first day, that's what they need to begin with, not knockdown squads in the yellows as people are bored because they ruined blacks, red zone ganker was complaining about guys protecting others and ganking him, I did laugh.
      [i][u][b]"Best not type too much I may get in trouble"[/b][/u][/i]
    • Gabumon wrote:

So what's exactly a rat in arena and how can you prevent that? At most I cant think of "queues as healer plays as thorn nature" but that's pretty much impossible to prevent. Or maybe bedrock mace with fisherman boots windwall and boop on helmet? Impossible to prevent either if the game mode stays the same.
      Can we PLEASE stop calling rat everything that doesn't fit our "honorable warrior" idea? They are trying to have fun too (And yes I call rat people that steals loot in zvz but if they are having fun, who am I to try to stop them)
      as written before there are no rats in arena... only stupid spec sometime but it's their problem...

I was speaking about HGs.
    • Chiattone wrote:

Gabumon wrote:

So what's exactly a rat in arena and how can you prevent that? At most I cant think of "queues as healer plays as thorn nature" but that's pretty much impossible to prevent. Or maybe bedrock mace with fisherman boots windwall and boop on helmet? Impossible to prevent either if the game mode stays the same.
      as written before there are no rats in arena... only stupid spec sometime but it's their problem...
      I was speaking about HGs.
      Sorry, I literally skipped 1 answer. Sorry for the confussion.
    • Gabumon wrote:

Chiattone wrote:

Gabumon wrote:

as written before there are no rats in arena... only stupid spec sometime but it's their problem...I was speaking about HGs.
      Sorry, I literally skipped 1 answer. Sorry for the confussion.
      No problem :)
    • Acoustic wrote:

Zulmer wrote:

This is true unfortunately. After playing this game for a while, I believe there should be harsher penalties for being a murderous dickwad even in the Black Zone. I have played many many full loot MMOs, but they at least made it harder to access normal cities if you were a murderer. Standing 20v1 on a road in the BZ with 4 claws and 2 ice mages isn't helping open world content.

The reputation system should mean something and it would probably go a long way to fix the open world. There has to be some risk to the gankers because right now there is only risk on the gatherers/PVE players in the open world.
    • Acoustic wrote:

"You guys did that" ?? Before judging someone, it might be a good idea to learn about what kind of player that person is. Cuz you clearly dont know anything about me. Anyway its not the point.

I was trying to say that solo/small scale Open World PvP was the best content in Albion for me at least. Cuz it was random. It was not the "Rock Paper Scissors". Only thing we have is Corrupted Dungeons right now as solo pvp players And its totally boring stuff end of the day. You dont need to be a good player. You dont need to be smart. Just wear broken meta items and its done. Thats it.

Before all of that stuffs. There was a "Outplaying Chance" vs Zergs or 80 iq gank squads" now its gone.

Chiattone wrote:

holy words bro...
      Actual the real pvp in Albion is instanced, but not solo/small guilds players friendly.
      Open world is or a ganking or zerg fest, when if want to go to have an hg you find 10 gankers in t4/t5 that don't let you do it also if you kill them 3 times (they come back fast with their trash equip because yours as a valor of 10 of them).
      Last time I quitted the game, it's why in the evening, me and my group, tried to do hg 5v5 (the only enjoyable content) and after 3 hours of trying in 4 different portals we had finally 1 and we met 5 in bloodletter that force us to run around 20 min to kill them.
      For me this is trash not pvp, it's too slow, i want to do something i must organize with lots of people because needs persons to kill the person that want kill persons that are trying top kill other persons and go go go...
      This game has a lot of pvp potential but force you to escape not to combat.
      Crystals needs 5 people, it means find them, have a training with them (because you will fight against organized teams)but, most of all, having to depend on the real life commitments of the other teammates. This is not a fast pvp and you can do it anytime.
      Instead, in a ranked arena system where you meet random people, everyone is disadvantaged at the same level and you can join when and how you want, also if 1 day you can play only 30 min.

Zoream wrote:

That's exactly it, now hideouts are a thing at least the bigger alliances can filter down the higher tier resources to everyone as they can farm in relative safety. Resources were quite scarce for the solo gatherer, then to be ganked by a truck load really isn't fun. Once you make a few mill you can then start making even more, invest and make stupid cash. Yes the game has the pvp elements but noone likes being bent over by loads of people.
      Pretty much every update has improved it, you're right the player base is growing, I see no end of new people who are not bots, helped a guy last night who was skinning, threw him some silver and a pie, was his first day, that's what they need to begin with, not knockdown squads in the yellows as people are bored because they ruined blacks, red zone ganker was complaining about guys protecting others and ganking him, I did laugh.
      There is a game already for you guys, its called "League of Legends". Clearly full loot pvp is not fit with your playstyle. You can install and have fun in the summoner's rift.
    • I think this would only be possible on a separate server and without full loot, since DEVs created a safer and more fun competitive game mode for novice players I'm sure the black zone would be empty, as new players would never have interest in playing an unbalanced game if they can play a competitive ranked game.
      In my opinion, Albion has a lot of obsolete content and that very few players use and I think that a new server with a new ranking proposal could save several types of maps that nowadays have almost no players.
    • Zulmer wrote:

There is a game already for you guys, its called "League of Legends". Clearly full loot pvp is not fit with your playstyle. You can install and have fun in the summoner's rift.
      The problem isn't the full loot, I can accept also a ranked arena system with it (like crystal), the problem is that pvp is actually dead/unbalanced and people bored by a slow system to find healthy and regular fights, it rewards numbers or those who use the bulid with more mobility and speed. Sometimes I felt in a hunting fox simulator or in a marathon.