[13. January 2021] Rise of Avalon Patch 12

• Neekk0 wrote:

That's a good compromise. Especially the idea of an exit located elsewhere in the map. I feel though you could abuse the "fullness" of the dg by trying to enter with as many players as possible to reveal how many players are already inside and give additional information to divers but not to pvers.
      Alternatively the dungeon entry could just move each time a player enters, making it truly "solo" - on entry.
      It would remain open for additional players, but one at a time and in different locations on the same map.

But in hindsight entering these would make for easy escapes, so maybe add time to the entering a dungeon animation.
      ah right forgot to mention these...
      if both of the condition has been confirmed lIke 1 people & two invaders party or individual the gate will close & it will be more good, I guess xD
    • PrintsKaspian wrote:

• Additional graphical, animation, audio, terrain, and localization fixes

I don’t know what graphical stuff you “fixed” but on both of my iMacs the game lags as hell since the last patch. On both of them the game ran smoothly before the “improvements”. CPU 25%, memory 25% while the game is running, still enormous graphical lag while spells loading/caching. SSD in both of them. I can’t imagine how the game runs on phones really.
      Ezekiel 25:17

The post was edited 1 time, last by Skelst ().

• Skelst wrote:

PrintsKaspian wrote:

• Additional graphical, animation, audio, terrain, and localization fixes

I don’t know what graphical stuff you “fixed” but on both of my iMacs the game lags as hell since the last patch. On both of them the game ran smoothly before the “improvements”. CPU 25%, memory 25% while the game is running, still enormous graphical lag while spells loading/caching. SSD in both of them. I can’t imagine how the game runs on phones really.
      In order for the game to run on mobile, they have to optimize it for that specific platform. Optimization for PC probably isn't prioritized given how much money there is in mobile (first cross-platform MMORPG, more like super much cash if people on mobile play the game, just look at global numbers). I stand by my point that the mobile focus is pure cash-grabbing, you need to be dumb to go in BZ or do the actual content in the game on mobile (besides farming and other entry-level stuff), and that's not even considering how much performance the game has to lose in order to optimize for mobile, nor the fact that catching cheaters on Android would be near impossible given the OS-level security. The game shouldn't be mobile, those devices ensure the instability of the game as a whole unless they're completely separate builds. Unity isn't the best game engine, but using it to build the game for win/mac/Linux AND Android AND iPhone at once, is just not a good idea.
    • Korn wrote:

We could see from our internal stats that the silver surplus generated per day was getting so large that - without us acting - we would again see the in-game gold price go towards 4.000 or higher, which we absolutely want to avoid by being more pro-active this time. Ideally, we'd like the price to be somewhat below 3.000.
      For the last 7 days, since the patch, the gold price has increased every single day. Working as intended?
      Midgard
      T8 Fibre, Ore, Hide, Wood & Stone Gatherer
      T8 Gathering Gear Crafter
      T8 Bags & Capes Crafter
    • @Korn
      I would like to ask what are your plans for next? Resources go with the price day by day below and below, items on BM sell day after day for less and less, the price of gold in the game is still rising (at least for now) ... From my layman's point of view patch it doesn't work very well yet, the only thing that has happened is that players earn less and less from the professions and the price of premium (gold) is rising ... According to your statement, you had a balance in mind, so I would be interested (and certainly other players too) in what you plan to do next? Of course, I don't have access to such data as you have, but from what I sell / buy every day and see gold shop I know that your intention doesn't work very well (apart from reducing the profit of players).
    • CassX wrote:

@Korn
      I would like to ask what are your plans for next? Resources go with the price day by day below and below, items on BM sell day after day for less and less, the price of gold in the game is still rising (at least for now) ... From my layman's point of view patch it doesn't work very well yet, the only thing that has happened is that players earn less and less from the professions and the price of premium (gold) is rising ... According to your statement, you had a balance in mind, so I would be interested (and certainly other players too) in what you plan to do next? Of course, I don't have access to such data as you have, but from what I sell / buy every day and see gold shop I know that your intention doesn't work very well (apart from reducing the profit of players).
      SBI has no freaking idea what they're doing when it comes to managing a complex digital economy such as the one we've found ourselves in today. They are making one sided changes they assume will achieve their desired goals ie. lowering gold prices. However what they don't do is actually play their own game, so it would seem at least they have trouble discerning economic relationships between different activities and interactions within the game. Hence we get updates that attempt to fix overarching issues with a small "tweak" to silver generation through the BM, because any other change that would be more effective would take time to code and develop whereas a BM output change simply changes a number in their backend.

No innovation on the economy combined with a clear misunderstanding of traditional economic relationships are what the SBI devs are doing wrong.
    • D1SC0 wrote:

CassX wrote:

@Korn
      SBI has no freaking idea what they're doing when it comes to managing a complex digital economy such as the one we've found ourselves in today. They are making one sided changes they assume will achieve their desired goals ie. lowering gold prices. However what they don't do is actually play their own game, so it would seem at least they have trouble discerning economic relationships between different activities and interactions within the game. Hence we get updates that attempt to fix overarching issues with a small "tweak" to silver generation through the BM, because any other change that would be more effective would take time to code and develop whereas a BM output change simply changes a number in their backend.
      No innovation on the economy combined with a clear misunderstanding of traditional economic relationships are what the SBI devs are doing wrong.
      Thanks for the in depth analysis. The economy is doing quite well. People need to adapt.
      [i][u][b]"Best not type too much I may get in trouble"[/b][/u][/i]
    • Zoream wrote:

D1SC0 wrote:

CassX wrote:

@Korn
      SBI has no freaking idea what they're doing when it comes to managing a complex digital economy such as the one we've found ourselves in today. They are making one sided changes they assume will achieve their desired goals ie. lowering gold prices. However what they don't do is actually play their own game, so it would seem at least they have trouble discerning economic relationships between different activities and interactions within the game. Hence we get updates that attempt to fix overarching issues with a small "tweak" to silver generation through the BM, because any other change that would be more effective would take time to code and develop whereas a BM output change simply changes a number in their backend.No innovation on the economy combined with a clear misunderstanding of traditional economic relationships are what the SBI devs are doing wrong.
      Thanks for the in depth analysis. The economy is doing quite well. People need to adapt.
      No its not doing quite well... At least according to the attempted outcomes stated by the devs.. Their changes have not significantly impacted the price of gold or the price of premium, and instead have caused issues in several other aspects of the economy. What game are you playing bro ?
    • D1SC0 wrote:

Zoream wrote:

D1SC0 wrote:

CassX wrote:

@Korn
      SBI has no freaking idea what they're doing when it comes to managing a complex digital economy such as the one we've found ourselves in today. They are making one sided changes they assume will achieve their desired goals ie. lowering gold prices. However what they don't do is actually play their own game, so it would seem at least they have trouble discerning economic relationships between different activities and interactions within the game. Hence we get updates that attempt to fix overarching issues with a small "tweak" to silver generation through the BM, because any other change that would be more effective would take time to code and develop whereas a BM output change simply changes a number in their backend.No innovation on the economy combined with a clear misunderstanding of traditional economic relationships are what the SBI devs are doing wrong.
      No its not doing quite well... At least according to the attempted outcomes stated by the devs.. Their changes have not significantly impacted the price of gold or the price of premium, and instead have caused issues in several other aspects of the economy. What game are you playing bro ?
      You can't just massively alter the economy over night, the changes take time, to filter down.
      [i][u][b]"Best not type too much I may get in trouble"[/b][/u][/i]
    • Zoream wrote:

D1SC0 wrote:

Zoream wrote:

D1SC0 wrote:

CassX wrote:

@Korn
      You can't just massively alter the economy over night, the changes take time, to filter down.
      Its been almost 2 weeks, changes in a digital game economy can be influenced faster than you think. We should be closer to their goals, instead the opposite has happened.