[13. January 2021] Rise of Avalon Patch 12

• Increasing the price of fame credit is hurting beginners a lot. You guys understand that not all builds are good for PvE right? You know your own game, right? We are forced to use fame credits, no matter what. Now that is more expensive and solo dungeons are trash, we have to find other ways to make money in order to fund these credits. It was bad before, now it is impossible to keep your head above water. I am almost quitting the game because it is forcing me to do things I don't wanna do. Think a little bit more about these changes, revert them. I am about to stop playing because of this.
    • krajj wrote:

Increasing the price of fame credit is hurting beginners a lot. You guys understand that not all builds are good for PvE right? You know your own game, right? We are forced to use fame credits, no matter what. Now that is more expensive and solo dungeons are trash, we have to find other ways to make money in order to fund these credits. It was bad before, now it is impossible to keep your head above water. I am almost quitting the game because it is forcing me to do things I don't wanna do. Think a little bit more about these changes, revert them. I am about to stop playing because of this.
      Tell me. How much silver did you use before the change and how much you use now? 15% more may add up, but not to the point of instant change from "Im making money" to "Im lossing so much money". So tell me, are you in reality facing this or is just a "Itt was nerfed so Im angry" thing?
    • Korn wrote:

Hey there,

regarding the changes to the respec cost and black market silver generation: the goal here is to keep silver inflation in check. We want to keep the in-game gold/silver price low as this is important for players who get their premium through gameplay. Back in October 2019, when the in-game gold price exceeded 4000 silver, we had to take far more drastic steps which brought the price down significantly and caused it to stabilize below 3000 silver for the most part.

The various updates and patches since the Queen update in January of 2020 increased overall silver generation significantly such that the game's existing sinks could no longer keep pace. We could see from our internal stats that the silver surplus generated per day was getting so large that - without us acting - we would again see the in-game gold price go towards 4.000 or higher, which we absolutely want to avoid by being more pro-active this time. Ideally, we'd like the price to be somewhat below 3.000.

When it comes to respec, one of its stated goals when introduced was to be an efficient silver sink for higher end players as it's essentially a short-cut for leveling up additional items. When the feature was introduced, we also decided to give free respec points when maxed out to provide a solid baseline for those who do not want to spend the surplus silver this way. In order to offset the impact of the current respec change for newer players, we decided to significantly buff satchels (in terms of impact and cost) such that leveling up an item in the conventional way becomes easier.
      Rising of gold price can be caused by(main causes):
      • Getting more players that grind almost for free
      • Bots that can kill the market
      • In game assets losing value (Concerns about Stillfront)
      There are other options to solve this type of inflation.
      • Paying more attention to bots
      • Increasing PvP rate, notice that a large portion of albion playerbase don't even bother to PvP, make PvP more accessible
    • I'll be a contrarian here and say I think the silver changes work well. Been testing them quite heavily in t8 solo maps with a t8 satchel in a 100 spec set and it still feels pretty good. I record a 2 omelette run in OBS, I start with 14.9m and end with 13.5m, and I found 1.2m of random crap items with no expensive or interesting drops. I end up with a couple mils fame credits for the artifact axes I never use. It's still not very expensive to farm fame credits in my opinion.

I like the idea behind it, making leveling up lower spec items a little easier and shifting a bit of that difficulty to leveling up alternate items while wearing max spec items. Anyone can avoid these problems if their economic ability is low by leveling with lower spec items equipped or turning off auto-respec.
      https://steamcommunity.com/id/asgaeroth/

The post was edited 1 time, last by Asgaeroth ().

• I think the changes to respec cost and satchel and dropchances of Tomes of Insight are good ones and def. not a way promoting a "pay to win" like environment.

What happened after dropchance of Tomes decreased?
      Prices went up! From about 22k to 28k. As someone who invested $$ regulary I will now think twice about spending silver to buy Tomes to spec things up - e.g. 4k Gold gives you around 12mio silver. Now I get more than 100 tomes less for the same amount of money I spend.
      Now I'd rather actually play the game using a satchel. Using a T8.X satchel you're paying around 12.5k silver for 10k fame which is cheap as hell in comparisson to the Tomes.

Increasing the cost of respeccing?
      I partially agree with that, in my opinion you should increase it even more! I'm not joking. Why??
      To punish you for making a mistake. Even the fact that it's possible to respec is a gift itself.
      I've seen people respec midfight and this is something that shouldnt be such an easy choice.

Albion is a full-loot pvp game and it should be meant to be hard in my opinion. They gave people more than enough ways to famefarm in the recent patches. Even the amount of fame you get doing a Hunter Dungeon with a T8.X satchel is absurdly high in comparrisson to solo dungeons or even midtier groupdungeons. Doing 3-4 Hunter Corrupteds provides you with roughly 300-500k silver with NO infamy and no risk at all but paying repair costs afterwards, but since you run those with 4.1 the repair costs are not worth mentioning. Right now the game has gotten easier and easier and people go mad accusing SBI of moneymaking when they are making it partially harder again. I call that accusation complete and utterly bs.
      I've talked to people that were grinding a whole year (!) to get fullspecs on a specific type of weapon looking back at earlier versions of the game years from the current state. Now it takes you maybe 1-2 months when dedicated. Just my 2 cents.
    • Gabumon wrote:

krajj wrote:

Increasing the price of fame credit is hurting beginners a lot. You guys understand that not all builds are good for PvE right? You know your own game, right? We are forced to use fame credits, no matter what. Now that is more expensive and solo dungeons are trash, we have to find other ways to make money in order to fund these credits. It was bad before, now it is impossible to keep your head above water. I am almost quitting the game because it is forcing me to do things I don't wanna do. Think a little bit more about these changes, revert them. I am about to stop playing because of this.
      Tell me. How much silver did you use before the change and how much you use now? 15% more may add up, but not to the point of instant change from "Im making money" to "Im lossing so much money". So tell me, are you in reality facing this or is just a "Itt was nerfed so Im angry" thing?
      I don't know why you assumed I was making money in the first place. If you have auto-respec on while farming as a solo player you are not going to be able to pay for it. I would make on average 200k per dungeon and lose around 500k in silver. In my comment I said "it was bad before, now it is impossible to keep your head above water". That is because, with this increase in fame credit price, I will be losing way too much silver. And I only run T8 solo maps. I imagine the situation is a lot worse for people running lower tier dungeons/maps.

The post was edited 1 time, last by krajj ().

• krajj wrote:

Gabumon wrote:

krajj wrote:

I don't know why you assumed I was making money in the first place. If you have auto-respec on while farming as a solo player you are not going to be able to pay for it. I would make on average 200k per dungeon and lose around 500k in silver. In my comment I said "it was bad before, now it is impossible to keep your head above water". That is because, with this increase in fame credit price, I will be losing way too much silver. And I only run T8 solo maps. I imagine the situation is a lot worse for people running lower tier dungeons/maps.
      I'm a solo player and with respec on I make silver, turn a bag on and I lose though.
    • Zoream wrote:

krajj wrote:

Gabumon wrote:

krajj wrote:

I'm a solo player and with respec on I make silver, turn a bag on and I lose though.
      I haven't run the numbers without satchel. I do use a 6.0 excellent satchel but I doubt I will make a profit even without it. I am max specialization and tier in the build I use to PvE. I am guessing you are not? That is why you can make a profit.

Also, just to clarify, the numbers I provided are from before the nerf. Now, it's just impossible to run solo maps, 15% nerf to the BM and increase in spec price just killed solo dungeons.

The post was edited 3 times, last by krajj ().

• krajj wrote:

Zoream wrote:

krajj wrote:

Gabumon wrote:

krajj wrote:

I haven't run the numbers without satchel. I do use a 6.0 excellent satchel but I doubt I will make a profit even without it. I am max specialization and tier in the build I use to PvE. I am guessing you are not? That is why you can make a profit.
      Also, just to clarify, the numbers I provided are from before the nerf. Now, it's just impossible to run solo maps, 15% nerf to the BM and increase in spec price just killed solo dungeons.
      Satchel, IS A LUXURY, not a mandatory item. Is like using a lot of tomes of insight. All the time. So actually it would be disgusting that you could be able to use it and still profit.
    • Gabumon wrote:

krajj wrote:

Zoream wrote:

krajj wrote:

Gabumon wrote:

krajj wrote:

I haven't run the numbers without satchel. I do use a 6.0 excellent satchel but I doubt I will make a profit even without it. I am max specialization and tier in the build I use to PvE. I am guessing you are not? That is why you can make a profit.Also, just to clarify, the numbers I provided are from before the nerf. Now, it's just impossible to run solo maps, 15% nerf to the BM and increase in spec price just killed solo dungeons.
      Satchel, IS A LUXURY, not a mandatory item. Is like using a lot of tomes of insight. All the time. So actually it would be disgusting that you could be able to use it and still profit.
      I agree, I am not asking for the dungeon to be profitable. But the way it is right now it's too much. Even if I don't use a satchel, it's not going to be profitable. Plus, you run the risk of dying while transporting your gear from the black zone, you also have to take this into account. It's just not viable in the least to do solo maps right now, at all.
    • New

Neekk0 wrote:

Hellowi wrote:

just bring back solo Dungeon pvp pls
      Please don't, its easy enough to gank solo pve players 4+ to 1. Having to bring a full squad for solo dgs in red or black zone, just to not get ganked on is not worth it. Group dgs are fair game tho and if you want fair 1v1 go corrupted. Solo pve players can still get ganked in overworld.
      welll w/ this system to prevent this from happening

Pls return d Old Solo Dungeon Rules by making not them disappeared or
      make a system of D green Solo dungeon like this:
      if one person enter D Green Solo Dungeon, 1 party of 2 or 2 individual can enter D green dungeon(for a little bit of thrill for a solo player like me).
      if 1 party w/ two enter D green Solo Dungeon, 1 party of 3, 1 party of 2 & individual, or 3 individual can enter the solo dungeon
      before u close it, at the same time make the green solo dungeon exit randomize so groups of 5 or more can be discouraged of ambushing others outside the dungeon
      like spawning the exit at randomized location(still inside the map) so other team mates of the gankers can't intercept the one who's getting ganked easily at least they need to search for the guy(just in case the guy won at 1v2) around the map to find him & increasing the chances of that guy escaping.

Cd right now is the only worth doing for solo players but it doesn't feel like an mmo adventure, It's like more League of legends Rank Queue rather than adventure.
      Yeah entering cd right now will make it easily give u fights for 1v1 & such but, the feeling of thrill of getting suprising ganks or u ganking others(solo players, other thought I gank in groups) is what made me play Albion.
      It's the freaking adventure & the thrill of now knowing what will happen inside a solo dungeon.

atleast bring it back in Blackzone or Redzone where u said it is high risk = high reward.
      Solo dungeon there are too safe it counteract to the point of bz & rz that u always say high risk = high reward.

maybe it will halve CD Rank Queue players & Green Solo Dungeon Adventure.
      pls try it devs, I beg of you.
    • New

That's a good compromise. Especially the idea of an exit located elsewhere in the map. I feel though you could abuse the "fullness" of the dg by trying to enter with as many players as possible to reveal how many players are already inside and give additional information to divers but not to pvers.

Alternatively the dungeon entry could just move each time a player enters, making it truly "solo" - on entry.
      It would remain open for additional players, but one at a time and in different locations on the same map.

But in hindsight entering these would make for easy escapes, so maybe add time to the entering a dungeon animation.