[13. January 2021] Rise of Avalon Patch 12

• xcruciful wrote:

PrintsKaspian wrote:

• Lowered global amount of Silver generated by the Black Market by 15%
      • Increased Silver drops from all non-Expedition mobs by 15%

Black market it's a way to fame crafting.Kinda killing it.

Buffing open world Fame Farm it's nice. But still stachel can be used in HCE too.

(HCE)Having a way to fame farm safely and getting that silver + fame + not wasting time it's kinda ugly still.
      So obvious you never touched HCE lol...
    • PrintsKaspian wrote:

Decreased value of boss chests in Stalker and Slayer dungeons by 17.5%, but increased the percentage of boss loot received when killing another player from 50% to 100%. This change is intended to promote PvP in Corrupted Dungeons.
      Can someone clarify "Boss loot" received? Is it the one who dropped by boss when you killed it and not the chest? Also, is it only for the final boss and not the 2 other bosses?
    • Stringendo wrote:

PrintsKaspian wrote:

Decreased value of boss chests in Stalker and Slayer dungeons by 17.5%, but increased the percentage of boss loot received when killing another player from 50% to 100%. This change is intended to promote PvP in Corrupted Dungeons.
      Can someone clarify "Boss loot" received? Is it the one who dropped by boss when you killed it and not the chest? Also, is it only for the final boss and not the 2 other bosses?
      When you invade and kill another player in a Stalker or Slayer Corrupted Dungeon, you also receive a portion of the final chest loot that player would have received when looting the player. (This is indicated in a separate section of the loot window.) With this change, you now receive 100% of the chest loot that player would have received for killing the final boss.
    • Midgard wrote:

Throatcutter wrote:

put a satchel on and go run high level HCE, please, tell me if you gain silver... you will blink and you will be poor
      This just demonstrates that fame gain in HCE is too high then
      "too high"... Should people in HCE get same fame you get in your T6 dungeon in your 50k worth of gear while they pay 100-200m for a set + off-sets? You regear 4 times with the money a HCE player spends on repair after ONE death.
    • PrintsKaspian wrote:

Lowered global amount of Silver generated by the Black Market by 15%
      Can someone from the Devs who came up with this to explain the rationale behind it. There is a precedent where the black market silver was nerfed and in the previous case there was a solid and understandable argument for it (see patch notes from 19.10.2019), which is missing here. Before the nerf came along with other measures aimed at reducing the all-time high gold price of 4,500+ silver and at that time it was justified and needed. Now I do not see any arguments behind it, since:

1. Gold price is about 3000 which is the value that is imbedded in the game (according to gold discount).
      2. There has been deflation for several months where the prices of items slowly decreased.
      3. The black market generates way more silver than any other silver pick-up activity in the game, so the increase in dropped silver is irrelevant.
      4. The increase in re-spec cost is going to worsen thing further, taking a lot of silver out of the game and is mainly directed towards those who cannot afford to play with satchel (since wearing satchel is now cheaper).

Therefore, my question is:

Why do you believe these changes are necessary for the game economy?

@PrintsKaspian
    • Femke wrote:

PrintsKaspian wrote:

Can someone from the Devs who came up with this to explain the rationale behind it. There is a precedent where the black market silver was nerfed and in the previous case there was a solid and understandable argument for it (see patch notes from 19.10.2019), which is missing here. Before the nerf came along with other measures aimed at reducing the all-time high gold price of 4,500+ silver and at that time it was justified and needed. Now I do not see any arguments behind it, since:
      1. Gold price is about 3000 which is the value that is imbedded in the game (according to gold discount).
      2. There has been deflation for several months where the prices of items slowly decreased.
      3. The black market generates way more silver than any other silver pick-up activity in the game, so the increase in dropped silver is irrelevant.
      4. The increase in re-spec cost is going to worsen thing further, taking a lot of silver out of the game and is mainly directed towards those who cannot afford to play with satchel (since wearing satchel is now cheaper).

@PrintsKaspian
      Please see this thread: Is SBI trying to have potato players ?
    • Femke wrote:

PrintsKaspian wrote:

@PrintsKaspian
      As other people have stated, this first patch after joining Stillfront isnt a good signal, game companies say A and do B, it doesnt matter how you look at it, the grind got even longer and you also gotta consider that pve in Albion sucks but you just have to do it to actually pvp decently, also, having most fame farming places controlled by handholding alliances doesnt help either, if you cant farm fame in a t8 static in bz your only viable option is trying cd or hce wich needs a good chunk of silver as invest, and only god knows what they are going to do with fame farming in the future lmao.

I really hope they dont fuck up making the game grind longer to make more money off premium
      I'm so prog, I listen to concept albums on shuffle
      Look for the ayys
    • Well at least they made ratting a little bit harder but I wish they bring back dungeon diving & counter diving in solo dungeon w/ this kind of system so solos won't get gank by 5 players who's scared to gank a solo in their own.

Example:
      if one player enter a solo dungeon, a party of 2 players(for thrill lovers) or 2 individual can enter d dungeon then close the portal of the solo dungeon.
      if 1 party of 2 player enter a solo dungeon, a party of 3 players, 1 party of 2 players & individual, or 3 individual can enter a solo dungeon. then close the portal & make the exit spawn randomize so just incase the enemy team mates
      (just in case you win) who's waiting outside the dungeon can't ambush u or follow u easily, cuz this is the always the complaint of solo players getting gank by groups in red & black zone cuz of hideouts + gankers who just swarm in those zones(truthfully I don't mind it cuz it doesn't always happen to me or more likely 1 out of 5 battles will I get gank by those group, pretty low if u ask me).

Not gonna lie Corrupted Dungeon is quite good but it feels like League of Legends queue rather than Adventure which I miss in Albion.

It's more like a competitive rank game(like LOL) rather than adventure(this is an MMORPG right?!!) not knowing what good things & bad things happen to u in those High risk = high reward zone.

U just make it too safe or rather a waiting for the gate to close dungeon.

pls dev bring it back the old Albion mechanics(just put some safety measure net for solo so group gankers can't abuse it) at least at tier 6 higher High risk = High reward zone.\

Albion is game about creating your own adventure & Stories, not grinding your rank in League of Legends xD
    • Hey there,

regarding the changes to the respec cost and black market silver generation: the goal here is to keep silver inflation in check. We want to keep the in-game gold/silver price low as this is important for players who get their premium through gameplay. Back in October 2019, when the in-game gold price exceeded 4000 silver, we had to take far more drastic steps which brought the price down significantly and caused it to stabilize below 3000 silver for the most part.

The various updates and patches since the Queen update in January of 2020 increased overall silver generation significantly such that the game's existing sinks could no longer keep pace. We could see from our internal stats that the silver surplus generated per day was getting so large that - without us acting - we would again see the in-game gold price go towards 4.000 or higher, which we absolutely want to avoid by being more pro-active this time. Ideally, we'd like the price to be somewhat below 3.000.

When it comes to respec, one of its stated goals when introduced was to be an efficient silver sink for higher end players as it's essentially a short-cut for leveling up additional items. When the feature was introduced, we also decided to give free respec points when maxed out to provide a solid baseline for those who do not want to spend the surplus silver this way. In order to offset the impact of the current respec change for newer players, we decided to significantly buff satchels (in terms of impact and cost) such that leveling up an item in the conventional way becomes easier.
    • Korn wrote:

Hey there,

regarding the changes to the respec cost and black market silver generation: the goal here is to keep silver inflation in check. We want to keep the in-game gold/silver price low as this is important for players who get their premium through gameplay. Back in October 2019, when the in-game gold price exceeded 4000 silver, we had to take far more drastic steps which brought the price down significantly and caused it to stabilize below 3000 silver for the most part.

The various updates and patches since the Queen update in January of 2020 increased overall silver generation significantly such that the game's existing sinks could no longer keep pace. We could see from our internal stats that the silver surplus generated per day was getting so large that - without us acting - we would again see the in-game gold price go towards 4.000 or higher, which we absolutely want to avoid by being more pro-active this time. Ideally, we'd like the price to be somewhat below 3.000.

When it comes to respec, one of its stated goals when introduced was to be an efficient silver sink for higher end players as it's essentially a short-cut for leveling up additional items. When the feature was introduced, we also decided to give free respec points when maxed out to provide a solid baseline for those who do not want to spend the surplus silver this way. In order to offset the impact of the current respec change for newer players, we decided to significantly buff satchels (in terms of impact and cost) such that leveling up an item in the conventional way becomes easier.
      Buying premium with silver depends on two things: Price of gold (A) and Ability to earn silver (B). In my opinion, with this patch you neglect the second part of the equation.
      Using basic math, a reducing B can have the opposite effect and actually make obtaining premium with silver even harder, regardless of the decrease in gold price. This is likely to cause a price decrease of the items on the Black Market (BM) as mostly big crafters with crafting alt and/or laborers supply the BM on a daily basis. It will hurt big crafters margins but it will still be profitable for them and they will continue to craft. On the other hand, the drops that people receive in Solo, Group and Corrupted dungeons will be devaluated which will result in less money gained by other activities.

Moreover, you consider silver inflation based on the price of gold rather than the price of items while silver is essentially a proxy for the purchasing power of consumers. When item prices increase then you have inflation, but in the current state of devaluation of crafted items I think there is no inflation. Checking the gold price history reveals that in the past six months the gold price was stable at about 2800 silver and increased to 3000 with the introduction of the new referral skin, so it is save to conclude that there is no steady increase in the inflation rate if you use the gold price as benchmark.

I hope you also considered the increase in player base due to Covid, which is not a permanent increase in player base since many people will have to go back to work which will decrease the push for the Black Market to buy items. Moreover, the current referral skin is probably one of the most desirable ones and many people "farm" it up, which correlates the gold price increase from 2800 to 3000 few days after the new skin was revealed (check gold price history).

Nevertheless, I do not have the data that you do so I can only speculate based on my gameplay. I believe you try to do the best for the game and hope you pay close attention to the state of the economy while considering various aspects of it besides the gold price. :)