Why are you killing kite-bows?

• Writers are not readers, yes?)

The simple fact. After a slowing debuff of a trap frost staff can catch you on warbow despite the fact that you are using leather with CD reduction vs full plate. Maybe I could use my E more often, use a helm better, etc. But fact is a fact. And if you are so stupid, that can't determine what I'm talking about.... okay it's better to be a bad warbow player than to be an idiot.

If you are so good - show me, how to use it right and I will try to learn something from your WB gameplay. Or shut the f*ck up! Thanks.

The post was edited 5 times, last by BackOFF ().

• Piraterer wrote:

I dont know. Bows are totally ok to play right now. Not op but still easy to play, hard to Master.
      When have you played it last time?

I can give a simple example. Have you ever look some tv programs like an animal planet?
      How do you think, what will be, if lions will run faster than cheetahs? The second will not survive. That what's going on with warbows today. More than a half of your enemies faster than you, or have something like shadow blade, harpoon, etc makes them impossible to kite(if you are not a frost-staff). But as it was before - you still can't trade anyone. As a result - too many counter-picks to it today.
      And this is a weapon, designed for solo-pvp and useless at all the other types of content. But SBI is improving bear-puffs, blood-letters, frost-staff, and other classes, which are strong at ZVZ, smallscale, group\solo farming... anywhere.

Tell me, where is logic?

The post was edited 3 times, last by BackOFF ().

• gmatagmis wrote:

@BackOFF Do you complaining because your WB winrate below 90%, and you think it have to be higher?
      It should be because I'm "one of the worst WB players in the world", you know)
      I don't care about WR. Don't look for some other useless numbers as infamy rating for example, which so easy to abuse with rat-builds with a knight armor, or broken builds(there is 2-3 at every patch) that actually means nothing.
      All I want is a chance to win against my enemies. Autoloose matchups against half of the meta classes in the scope of 1vs1 dungeons and in conditions of no other actual content for your class accept it has nothing common with a "balance" word I think.

The post was edited 1 time, last by BackOFF ().

• UNFM wrote:

if any one here think BL need brain to play, you are delusional. hold 3 stacks and auto attack + spam chainslash everytime cd is up.
      most braindead weapon same as crossbow and frost.
      as a bow player I agree with backOFF.. show me 1 weapon which can do that much dmg as BL without using E.

ps. backOFF you are terrible bow player.. you dont use a brain.. never use boots to chase.. always frostshot.. if you waste boots u are dead.
      KEKW why would he use frost shot to chase? I'm sure you have max 100mil total fame.
    • gmatagmis wrote:

You should be not be able to win something
      Something, but not 2\3 enemies in current meta))
      It looks strange for me when some weapon can be universal and one of the top(blood-letter), or even completely OP(bear-puffs, frost staff), but a weapon that is specialized on solo PVP is countered by every second enemy.
      I have described it above. Read, please.

The post was edited 1 time, last by BackOFF ().

• Bloodletter is brain dead wep and so is warbow. If you are this delusional about the state of warbow you seriously need to uninstall the game. Like honestly, you would have to have the iq of a toddler not to see how unbeleivabley broken warbow is right now for melees to fight against. Retroman gave up trying to improve at balancing a loong time ago. Like how did a 4 sec knock back leave the test server un checked or un challenged by anyone on the dev team ? like seriously i want to know. How did a wep like blood letter get multiple iframes, invulnerability, high base damage, extra health, an execute , multiple forms of mobility and abilities with perfect synergy and zero flaws. It is literally a fanfiction wep in Albion.
    • moking wrote:

Bloodletter is brain dead wep and so is warbow. If you are this delusional about the state of warbow you seriously need to uninstall the game. Like honestly, you would have to have the iq of a toddler not to see how unbeleivabley broken warbow is right now for melees to fight against. Retroman gave up trying to improve at balancing a loong time ago. Like how did a 4 sec knock back leave the test server un checked or un challenged by anyone on the dev team ? like seriously i want to know. How did a wep like blood letter get multiple iframes, invulnerability, high base damage, extra health, an execute , multiple forms of mobility and abilities with perfect synergy and zero flaws. It is literally a fanfiction wep in Albion.
      1. If you are sure that WB is so OP - try it and show me, how to succeed in case there are so many classes with much better mobility, than yours. Show me, what to do against experienced blood-letter, when every skill of your enemy gives him additional mobility, but you still cant trade him as it always was. Show me, how will you kill frost staffs, quarterstaffs, maces, bear puffs... If you will show me, how to do it - I will say something like: "sorry, I was wrong" and try to learn. But unfortunately, a lot of people are just write about braindead WB, or BL and then go to an auction to buy some crossbow))))
      2. If WB and BL are braindead - what is not?
      3. There is a thread about BL. And I had already written there, that I agree with an opinion that it is very strong. I think it is because every skill can be used for reset fight and for engaging. But while there is such trash like frost staff, or bear-puffs as it is now - it is not actual to write about BL. When BL, as it is now, will become the most OP weapon in the game - it will be a victory comparing with the current meta I think.
    • BackOFF wrote:

Try to kite this range for example.

i.ibb.co/z4vNB1P/Screenshot-from-2021-03-25-23-40-55.png

He is somewhere in the left corner under the chat. Try to hit it. But don't forget, that every monkey, which knows, where is Q button can deal more damage than your E with one click.
      atleast they improve

Crossbows
      • Noise Eraser (all Crossbows)
        • Reduced the size of the hitbox of the projectile, and adjusted the projectile position better match it's actual hitbox
      • Knockback Shot (all Crossbows)
        • Reduced the size of the hitbox of the projectile, and adjusted the projectile position better match it's actual hitbox
        • slightly increased the projectile speed
    • BackOFF wrote:

Oh that f*cken bows mobility. Even don't know, what to do with it.
      I love you how take the time to clear circles to kite in, trigger to get yourself invaded, and then get upset other people use your own setup to run away. It's karmic.

Anyhow, bear paws ability to run is getting nerfed so you should be happy. As for staffs with knight armor, I don't think any build can chase and kill them. That's why it's so popular, you gotta bait them to committing too long.

Also saw this the other day, warbow winning slayer dunegons:

Albion Online | Giveaway | 8.3 Bear Paws Kill | Warbow Corrupted Dungeons | Killing Streamer |MMORPG - YouTube
    • FriendlyFire wrote:

I love you how take the time to clear circles to kite in
      There are classes, which don't care about positioning, which just engaging and there are classes, strongly depended on it. If warbow can't kite - it's dead. And you need a space to do it. It is not my wish. It's a necessity.

FriendlyFire wrote:

people use your own setup to run away
      What?

FriendlyFire wrote:

Anyhow, bear paws ability to run is getting nerfed so you should be happy.
      Actually not. - speed + duration. So it will be the same. Bearpuffs should hit you one time with E to get a buff. And that's it. You can't control a distance because of adrenalin and CD buff to E spell, you can't trade because much less damage and mercenary jacket. If BP player missed his E - he will just reset a fight. And even if you will run to break a pylon - it will catch you even from another corner of the map.
      Puffs will need to hit at least once with adrenalin. Maybe it will give a possibility to keep it in fight after that E miss. But let's be fear. 140-160 grade angle + distance + almost a blink fly speed... Its very difficult to miss that. So yes, it will be nerfed against some sword, or bloodletter. But in case of warbow-puffs matchap - it will be the same non-chance fight.

FriendlyFire wrote:

As for staffs with knight armor, I don't think any build can chase and kill them. That's why it's so popular, you gotta bait them to committing too long.
      Q - somersault and speed burst(if you are taking a damage)
      W - speed burst
      E - Jump
      In case of WB it doesn't need a wind wall to run away. If you will look a bit more attentively - you will see, that with 3 mobility skills it just faster than WB. For example 1:28.

FriendlyFire wrote:

Also saw this the other day, warbow winning slayer dunegons
      Yesterday I saw, a man walking through the road while the red light was turned on. Does it mean, that it is safer to do as he did?
      This player is not bad on your's video. But you link a record, where:
      - bear puffs got 400hp from two mercenary jackets, run into the biggest stack of mobs when trying to reset. And the most fun thing - that player could reset after all of that mistakes on 1:58. And died just because slows himself via traps.
      - frost uses some exotic build. Bilbo is a good player. We have meat a few times. I think he just wanted to test something new. And again. He could reset, but mobs and a trap stopped him.
      - another BP wasted his jacked as above one, uses melee Q against a kiting build. Then trying to reset, but don't use F for some reason(he could use it at 5.06 according to a CD with two lather passives), taking damage, comes to a fight again and start to run only after fight was restored. Then decided to go all in, but change his mind again. And all that time BP does not even try to dodge warbow E. But you can look even on my examples, that most of players in CD can do it in 70-80% cases if they are running from WB and expect it.

I will not describe others, because it will take a lot of time. But you have linked a video where not bad warbow playing against novices or some experimental builds. His opponents die from mobs, traps, etc.
      If you will try to find out, who is stronger of two boxers - which conditions will you chose?
      This one static.educalingo.com/img/en/800/market-place.jpg, or this one upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/7e/Boxing_ring.jpg?

And if somehow you still didn't understood, what I'm talking about - I don't try to say, that fast weapon, or long CC weapon is bad. But if we have a quarterstaff for example. With a thone of CC. And have a warbow, which is fully depended on a distance control - it's clear, than the second should be faster.

The post was edited 6 times, last by BackOFF ().

• My opinion on this post as Beta player archer,is that warbow,longbow,whisper are way too weak....
      lets put some facts
      1)The multishot Needs A nerf is broken for the melee weapons that don't have E that Jumps or gives speed.
      2)Bow tree Have the lowest Autohit Dmg and Spell Damage,I would prefer to have bigger CD on the E of the warbow then lower and Zero damage
      3)Have ever think why bow KITE SO MUCH ?? well is because there is no way you can win by standing there and spam your skillshots and win the trade of damage because is so low ,only The Reqular bow can and is easy to counter it...
      So all Q need A buff on Dmg or more Armor Reduction,and the posoin Q needs To be 4 stacks not 3 or give one more effect.
      if you think that bow have mobility try it and then play vs Quarterstaff and Bloodlatter,Axe to see the mobility...
      they can reset a fight a many times they want.
      4)Speed Shot and Ray of light are Weak.
      Ray of light should be a straight arrow not Above and also to Give some Movement speed ,like 10% for 5 seconds
      Speed Shot would need to Be 40% Ms boost and Crown control boost for More slow on the autohits.
      that my opinion for the bows.