Testserver Patch Notes - Rise of Avalon Patch 12

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• The more efficient you can make an activity and the amount of players able to do the activity means HCE became a silver mine, maybe not individually, but overall scalped so much from the server reserves.

As for hammers, I love them, was the last weapon line to try, but the second one I leveled. Corrupted you are always going to have people crying, because they see it from their main build, pretty much every style of play has a counter, it's just you are probably not thinking for yourself and watching some YouTube player own everyone when it isn't necessarily their God like powers, it's the fact they are against scubs. There is only one guy I've seen who consistently posts good fights, even showing himself getting smashed.

I just wish when they did a rebalance they wouldn't use a sledgehammer and just slightly tapped it with a toffee hammer. Nudge changes in, see how they work because they either make something ridiculously good or make something pretty unusable.
      [i][u][b]"Best not type too much I may get in trouble"[/b][/u][/i]
    • PrintsKaspian wrote:

Satchels of Insight, Tomes of Insight, and Respec
      • Increased cost per Respec Fame Credit from 0.75 to 0.9 Silver
      • Decreased the Silver cost of Fame from Satchels of Insight across all tiers by 30%
      • Decreased the amount of Tomes of Insight dropped by mobs by 10%
      • Increased Fame gain from Satchels of Insight by 10% (added in current Staging build on 11.01.2021)

Even if this change somewhat goes along with the other changes, this 20% increase in cost will mostly affect new players, or guys who just got to T8 in their mastery nodes. Consider the necessity of this, even if you buff the other fame related stuff.

Gryffyth:Toma tu arma y síguenos en discord.gg/ktrNXWN
    • I agree with the previous commenters, CD's rewards and xp are infinitely better than solo dungeon even with the addition of risk. As a PVE player, the incentive to play solo dungeon over CD is very little. The only reason I don't play CD as much is because I like variety and I don't find looking at a red screen with the exact layout all day to be enjoyable despite better rewards.

I think CD needs to reconfigure its PVE and PVP orientation

CD xp and rewards should be the same as solo dungeons or maybe a little less, EXCEPT in higher infamy.

Kinda like faction points, it can be like this, 1-10k infamy 0.8xp rate, 10k-35k 1.0exp rate, 35-50k 1.3xp rate and so forth. Not the exact numbers obviously, but the concept like this.

The moment you get invaded or invade someone, both players should be teleported into something like a Corrupted Arena.

The Corrupted Arena should have a similar layout to the original Arena but you have bats, spilling lava, tools that players could use to their advantage.

Most importantly, CD should allow users to bring in a second set of items. So before you enter into CD, the page should have several slots allowing you to put your second set in, which will check its item power and adjust it accordingly. I think the problem with this, its gonna raise the barrier of entry much higher, but it might be better in its own right with more risk but also advantage.

So your main incentive to play CD is really to kill people and gain loot, and the second incentive is to gain higher infamy for better xp and rewards while you are waiting to invade but this should be earned and not given outright from the start

I think people should be able to escape CD through regular teleporting speed, but if they do that, they should receive a debuff called Fatigue for 10 minutes or longer that prevents them from entering back into CD. You can configure this in many ways.

The debuff could have a description like "You managed to escape with the skin of your teeth, but you're now depleted of energy in running away from your foe. You cannot enter in a CD for 10 minutes"

OR you can receive a debuff that when it reaches 2 stacks, you cannot enter into CD anymore for the day. or alongside maybe, if you die in CD , you could lose a stack of the debuff.

CD needs to be kill or be killed or live but face the consequences

Not exactly original ideas, but just throwing it out there.

The post was edited 3 times, last by Bigbao7341 ().

• Neesh wrote:

PrintsKaspian wrote:

• Decreased the Silver cost of Fame from Satchels of Insight across all tiers by 30%
      • Increased Fame gain from Satchels of Insight by 10% (added in current Staging build on 11.01.2021)

Even if this change somewhat goes along with the other changes, this 20% increase in cost will mostly affect new players, or guys who just got to T8 in their mastery nodes. Consider the necessity of this, even if you buff the other fame related stuff.
      You need to take this into account though.

PrintsKaspian wrote:

Increased Silver drops from all non-Expedition mobs by 15%
      You are going to be getting more silver/fame from mobs. Outside of expeditions at least.
      Discord: Piddle#7413
      Did he who made the Lamb make thee?
    • Piddle wrote:

Neesh wrote:

PrintsKaspian wrote:

You need to take this into account though.

PrintsKaspian wrote:

Increased Silver drops from all non-Expedition mobs by 15%
      You are going to be getting more silver/fame from mobs. Outside of expeditions at least.
      Good catch, let's see how it works...

Gryffyth:Toma tu arma y síguenos en discord.gg/ktrNXWN
    • Is there an honest to god economist working at SBI or is it just a whimsical computer programmer looking at backend silver data and guessing what to do? Seems like the latter every time I see some half-hearted attempt to "fix" the economy, even the US government doesn't tinker this much with the goddamn economy, so much for a sandbox eh??.

Silver

• Lowered global amount of Silver generated by the Black Market by 15%

• Increased Silver drops from all non-Expedition mobs by 15%

Corrupted Dungeons

• Increased amount of rare and legendary loot chests appearing in Corrupted Dungeons, but reduced number of rare and legendary book chests accordingly

• Decreased value of boss chests in Stalker and Slayer dungeons by 17.5%, but increased the percentage of boss loot received when killing another player from 50% to 100%. This change is intended to promote PvP in Corrupted Dungeons.

I do not understand why you think the black market is outputting too much silver, you need to think about where the hell your real sinks need to be, and on whom they need to affect more than others. You are hurting the average Albion player that utilizes the Black Market, and not hurting the people who control over 80% of the silver in the game. If you look at who "crafts" these people do not play pvp content as much as other content. You're shifting silver output to primarily PVP players and away from new pve players and crafters who stock the Black Market. But you also want to increase loot in Corrupteds but I don't know why you think this is going to increase when there is going to be a reduction in the amount of items sold to the Black Market because it is no longer profitable. Loot across the board is going to take a nose dive in quantity and value, sure you might be able to pick a bit more off the ground in silver, but solo dungeons are gonna be hit hard, pve corrupted is gonna be hit hard, you already hit HCE hard, and now you're also hitting crafting and loot transport to Caerleon hard. What the hell is left for any new player just starting out and not into the pvp yet looking to make enough silver to cover premium??

SINK YOUR SILVER FROM ALTERNATIVE MEANS >> FAUCET YOUR SILVER TO PLAYERS WHO ACTUALLY NEED IT

You made a huge silver sink at the beginning of this season by removing city ownership and city income, but now do more for cities. I suggest increasing their size, more plots, more land, more silver being sunk straight into SBI. This will affect the "old money" disproportionately which you want to do.

Perhaps implement some silver bought non-tradeable vanity items.

What happened to the global discount ? That was the premier way to directly influence sinks.

There are MANY other options to consider instead of making this game even more economically difficult for newer players and for crafters, alienating a majority of your playerbase.

I also think your satchel and respec cost increases are absurd but I won't go into that right now.

HIRE A PHD ECONOMIST TO FIX YOUR DUMB IDEAS >> YOU HAVE THE MONEY, I KNOW YOU JUST MADE 130M EUROS.
    • D1SC0 wrote:

Is there an honest to god economist working at SBI or is it just a whimsical computer programmer looking at backend silver data and guessing what to do? Seems like the latter every time I see some half-hearted attempt to "fix" the economy, even the US government doesn't tinker this much with the goddamn economy, so much for a sandbox eh??.

Silver

• Lowered global amount of Silver generated by the Black Market by 15%

• Increased Silver drops from all non-Expedition mobs by 15%

Corrupted Dungeons

• Increased amount of rare and legendary loot chests appearing in Corrupted Dungeons, but reduced number of rare and legendary book chests accordingly

• Decreased value of boss chests in Stalker and Slayer dungeons by 17.5%, but increased the percentage of boss loot received when killing another player from 50% to 100%. This change is intended to promote PvP in Corrupted Dungeons.

I do not understand why you think the black market is outputting too much silver, you need to think about where the hell your real sinks need to be, and on whom they need to affect more than others. You are hurting the average Albion player that utilizes the Black Market, and not hurting the people who control over 80% of the silver in the game. If you look at who "crafts" these people do not play pvp content as much as other content. You're shifting silver output to primarily PVP players and away from new pve players and crafters who stock the Black Market. But you also want to increase loot in Corrupteds but I don't know why you think this is going to increase when there is going to be a reduction in the amount of items sold to the Black Market because it is no longer profitable. Loot across the board is going to take a nose dive in quantity and value, sure you might be able to pick a bit more off the ground in silver, but solo dungeons are gonna be hit hard, pve corrupted is gonna be hit hard, you already hit HCE hard, and now you're also hitting crafting and loot transport to Caerleon hard. What the hell is left for any new player just starting out and not into the pvp yet looking to make enough silver to cover premium??

SINK YOUR SILVER FROM ALTERNATIVE MEANS >> FAUCET YOUR SILVER TO PLAYERS WHO ACTUALLY NEED IT

You made a huge silver sink at the beginning of this season by removing city ownership and city income, but now do more for cities. I suggest increasing their size, more plots, more land, more silver being sunk straight into SBI. This will affect the "old money" disproportionately which you want to do.

Perhaps implement some silver bought non-tradeable vanity items.

What happened to the global discount ? That was the premier way to directly influence sinks.

There are MANY other options to consider instead of making this game even more economically difficult for newer players and for crafters, alienating a majority of your playerbase.

I also think your satchel and respec cost increases are absurd but I won't go into that right now.

HIRE A PHD ECONOMIST TO FIX YOUR DUMB IDEAS >> YOU HAVE THE MONEY, I KNOW YOU JUST MADE 130M EUROS.
      If you really think that the BM is supplied by new players, you're quite wrong. It's supplied by old-multi-account players, that craft thousands of items a day. The BM is not about reselling PVE loot since to get there in the first place someone crafted it. There are well known players that can supply 3000-5000 of an item a day.
    • Tabor wrote:

After a few days of testing the ratting is even worse in Slayer than before. This change did nothing. Please SBI make it so we can click the invasion shard again if shards are broke. We do not want all this excessive PvE just for a CHANCE to get an actual fight. We want consistent fights.
      To be honest, i prefer rats than tombhammers and badon and 1h armor of valor frost. All these plate armor people are invincible and hell - i kill more rats than people.

Just ban gathering shoes from CD and at least rats will be loot pinatas
      My YT channel - Solo greataxe killing everything https://www.youtube.com/user/DhaosNK/video=7
    • The possible turning point for Albion Online
      New black market changes caused a drop in demand, crashing prices. They keep changing the economy of the game with HCE nerfs, BM nerfs,and crafting. If you keep nerfing the ways people make money to engage more in the game, then you'll continue the trend of this game losing player base. It's that simple.

Here's some stats. Y'all have lost 20% of your user base, according to steamcharts. Maybe more as steam is a huge market for new players, so its weight on game population might be more.
      steamcharts.com/app/761890

Disclosure: I'm a black market trader. Used to flip about $250 mil worth of items. Daily. $250 mil would be flipped every day. Now it takes me about 3 days with the same profit margin. If I shoot for a 5% profit margin, maybe it'll fill my orders as before. But looking at the volume on the charts, you see a decrease in demand. Would love to hear other Black market flippers experiences after this patch. Unless you somehow add thousands of players that love doing dungeon, I don't see the BM rebounding. There is a huge glut in supply for items at the moment. This will carry down the economic chain. Crafters will make less, gatherers will make less.

Another note. I've seen the tome of insight market rise, almost 22%. It was the way crafters, gathers, market flippers gain their levels. We had excess silver to spend to make up for the time we missed in the dungeon. The volume of the market has almost crashed 40%. You're literally destroying your game.

If you're motive was to increase player activity in risky adventures, such as PVP. Then why not just increase rewards for current PVP systems. Why hurt non-risky ways to make money. You're taking away the freedom of people playing this game in an non-risky way. Forcing the community to venture into more risk situations and you'll find out with a player base decrease not everyone wants increase their risk to make silver. Instead of nerfing old systems, please introduce new systems. You're game will die. Every time you introduce a new system your player count rises, e.g. roads of avalon. This time last year, the Queen update came out. I hope you guys will stick to a similar timeline for new content.

I also would love some feedback from SBI. What stats are you guys looking at that supports your changes.
      [OUCH] R3VOLT

Curious about market flipping? Want 20%+ returns? ign: Latenightpizzas

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPtoYvh8OBrogzBxQxEDSgg

The post was edited 12 times, last by latenightpizzas ().

• latenightpizzas wrote:

The possible turning point for Albion Online
      New black market changes caused a drop in demand, crashing prices. They keep changing the economy of the game with HCE nerfs, BM nerfs,and crafting. If you keep nerfing the ways people make money to engage more in the game, then you'll continue the trend of this game losing player base. It's that simple.

Here's some stats. Y'all have lost 20% of your user base, according to steamcharts. Maybe more as steam is a huge market for new players, so its weight on game population might be more.

Disclosure: I'm a black market trader. Used to flip about $250 mil worth of items. Daily. $250 mil would be flipped every day. Now it takes me about 3 days with the same profit margin. If I shoot for a 5% profit margin, maybe it'll fill my orders as before. But looking at the volume on the charts, you see a decrease in demand. Would love to hear other Black market flippers experiences after this patch. Unless you somehow add thousands of players that love doing dungeon, I don't see the BM rebounding. There is a huge glut in supply for items at the moment. This will carry down the economic chain. Crafters will make less, gatherers will make less.

Another note. I've seen the tome of insight market rise, almost 22%. It was the way crafters, gathers, market flippers gain their levels. We had excess silver to spend to make up for the time we missed in the dungeon. The volume of the market has almost crashed 40%. You're literally destroying your game.

If you're motive was to increase player activity in risky adventures, such as PVP. Then why not just increase rewards for current PVP systems. Why hurt non-risky ways to make money. You're taking away the freedom of people playing this game in an non-risky way. Forcing the community to venture into more risk situations and you'll find out with a player base decrease not everyone wants increase their risk to make silver. Instead of nerfing old systems, please introduce new systems. You're game will die. Every time you introduce a new system your player count rises, e.g. roads of avalon. This time last year, the Queen update came out. I hope you guys will stick to a similar timeline for new content.

I also would love some feedback from SBI. What stats are you guys looking at that supports your changes.
      While I agree with absolutely everything here, the declining playerbase is also due to covid restrictions being lifted in many places and as such more people going to work having less time to play on albion. However SBI knew this would happen and the changes they are making are based on usercounts of months ago and they aren't really necessary given the reduction in players, if anything they are making it easier for players to stop playing by giving them this disincentive.

They need to revert almost all economic changes they have made and introduce new and novel ideas to achieve their desired result instead of impacting a niche group of players every single time they decide the econ needs fixing.
    • D1SC0 wrote:

latenightpizzas wrote:

The possible turning point for Albion Online

While I agree with absolutely everything here, the declining playerbase is also due to covid restrictions being lifted in many places and as such more people going to work having less time to play on albion. However SBI knew this would happen and the changes they are making are based on usercounts of months ago and they aren't really necessary given the reduction in players, if anything they are making it easier for players to stop playing by giving them this disincentive.
      They need to revert almost all economic changes they have made and introduce new and novel ideas to achieve their desired result instead of impacting a niche group of players every single time they decide the econ needs fixing.
      My mind when trying to process these changes really makes me think what SBI is thinking. As recently, they merged with Frontlines it makes me feel as if they're selling out and adapting to a mobile gaming experience. Mobile gaming is largely profitable from micro transactions. What scares me is that they're going to shorten silver supply therefore increasing a demand for gold (micro-transactions). In the end it'll be a p2p game as if you want to experience many faucets of the game, you'll need more silver to participate. Maybe its a conspiracy but that's where my mind jumps when they change the game economics as such.

I also note the recent crackdown on 1,200 accounts for RWT, it only fuels my speculation as this might just be to raise micro-transaction revenue. Which is totally understandable as they need to generate revenue.
      [OUCH] R3VOLT

Curious about market flipping? Want 20%+ returns? ign: Latenightpizzas

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPtoYvh8OBrogzBxQxEDSgg

The post was edited 1 time, last by latenightpizzas ().