I have been waiting for a game like this for ages!

• Empa wrote:

Hey there! Welcome to the forums :)

Glad to hear that you are excited about Albion Online, if you got any questions feel free to ask :)

I just have quite a few questions about Albion actually. If the towns will be made completely by players is the world map going to grow in size as Albion becomes more popular? Is there an image of the current world map? Are there NPC based towns what so ever? If all the items are made by players and that there is no exp what will the point of NPC battles be, will they drop rare armors or enchantments? Or will the game be more PVP centered instead of PVE? Since It seems like there will be a lot of people gunning for resources will areas get cleaned out and respawn slowly?

I know this might be a lot xD but I am mostly interested in what the PVE portion of the game is going to be like/for.
  • I believe Bercilak said that as the need arises the world will expand
    theres only one, i think. the only Npc town is where every player starts,
    npc fights drop silver(currency used to buy/maintain land) and various crafting matrerials
    depends on how you want to play, or your role in your guild. But pvp is going to be a large part of the game
    resources respawn fairly quickly from the videos i've seen, and the worlds big enough that i wouldnt worry about it that much
    well, PvE would be crawling through the dungeons, crafting, and gathering resources, and theres no realistic end to that

Also welcome to the forums
    May you find your strength through honor and trust.
    Join us @

Welcome to the Genesis Empire
  • Pixelest wrote:

I just have quite a few questions about Albion actually. If the towns will be made completely by players is the world map going to grow in size as Albion becomes more popular?

Yes perhaps, the world that is planned will be quite wast, however since the world is divided into clusters adding onto it will not be too hard so that option will allways be possible if the need arises.

Also I'd like to tell you that most of the clusters are divided into small territories that people can capture and settle in, and of course fight each other, so it's not similar to some other games where people could potentially fill the world with houses ;)

Pixelest wrote:

Is there an image of the current world map?

Not yet sorry!

Pixelest wrote:

Are there NPC based towns what so ever?

There are NPC towns, where you can find basic crafting stations and access to bank and auction houses.

Then there's player controlled ones (captured territories) where you can build better crafting stations,

Pixelest wrote:

If all the items are made by players and that there is no exp what will the point of NPC battles be, will they drop rare armors or enchantments?

There's no direct experience points, but there's character development, you still have to unlock new gear / crafting recepies and so on and that is done partly by killing mobs :)

Animals are skinned for their leather and mobs drop silver as well as special crafting materials that are used for some crafting of more special items.

Oh and there's trophys you can get from bosses to put in your house ;)

Pixelest wrote:

Or will the game be more PVP centered instead of PVE?

I think a lot of people will say that Albion Online is about PVP, because of the open world PVP and Full Loot mechanichs, however i do not fully agree with the statement that Albion Online is a pvp game, sure it's pvp centric. But playing with a focus on PVE is still viable and a very important part of the game i believe.

The economy is a big aspect of the game, everythign is player crafted and is relied upon people harvesting the resources to keep up with the crafting aspect, all gear crafting will require

Pixelest wrote:

Since It seems like there will be a lot of people gunning for resources will areas get cleaned out and respawn slowly?

Yes and no, of course there will be competition for resources, but any area your guild claims will have personal space where only they can harvest, that way you will ensure a better source of resources.