Why not make a 1on1 full loot combat zone?

• Why not make a 1on1 full loot combat zone?

I'm sure people would love a zone with strictly 1on1 combat allowed.
      Similar to Edgeville wilderness in old school runescape.
      We have duels of coarse but full loot is a whole new thrill.

The post was edited 1 time, last by miifi ().

• miifi wrote:

I'm sure people would love a zone with strictly 1on1 combat allowed.
      Similar to Edgeville wilderness in old school runescape.
      We have duels of coarse but full loot is a whole new thrill.
      That would be interesting to see. I remember when Edge wildy was good.

How would it work, just one map? Where would they put it? Maybe adding it as an Arena mode would be easier?

Also

miifi wrote:

you better watch your mouth equart
      That was unfair to say, don't derail your own thread before it's even started ||
    • There is corrupted dungeons for that 1vs1 full loot pvp. Just go into any red zone / black zone and hit any corrupted dungeon. Voila. invade or wait to be invaded.

Ofcourse there could be option to wage gears on duels if you want to fight some spesific person, but then again this could allow somekind abusing.
    • JynxMachina wrote:

I find plenty of negative opinions about how Corrupted Dungeons PvP is bad, and none positive. Are they all wrong? It really makes me want to avoid it...
      Those people dont know how to counter rats. Thats given since their builds arent made to counter rats. This is one of issues if corrupted dungeon. People make high mobility builds to just run away while chipping crystals down and those that look for pvp might not have high mobility builds but more tanky and bursty. Suitable for 1vs1 pvp more. High mobility builds are just "easy" kills for them if they started fighting back.

Whole destroy crystals escape mechanic should be removed. Only way out would be to kill opponent. Only 1 player gets out of corrupted dungeon.
      I kind of dislike the pvp aspect of corrupteds and just escape + destroy crystals. Still i think its quite broken. Way better rewards than solo dungeons and easy to escape anyways since majority of people that look for pvp in Corrupteds arent built around mobility. You can always just shake them off and reset whole situation while getting 1 crystal down everytime if they can even catch you.

Hence if you build around killing rats. you are at disadvantage vs non rats.
    • You can't compare edgeville wilderness to corrupted dungeons at all. I don't wanna fight mobs and jump traps, I want to challenge my opponents pvp skill at any desired time and instantly.
      Again, research OSRS edgeville wilderness of you want a better understanding of what exactly im talking about.
    • its like I come to UFC and introduce my idea to add an obstacle course and NPCs into 1on1 fights.
      A bit silly, don't you think?
      PvP is about challenging the personal skill between 2 individuals.
      I understand SBI are creative individuals but nothing can beat a classic hamburger.
    • Open world is dead because of handholding and Nv N+1. Oh look, i flagged for pvp in a red zone and someone dismounted on me. HELP ME HELP ME, and 2 more show up or the flat out run away. The vast majority of people who flag for pvp in this game are so allergic to a fair 1v1 it's almost funny. The amount of handholding in this game is really incredible.
    • JikiBoo wrote:

JynxMachina wrote:

I find plenty of negative opinions about how Corrupted Dungeons PvP is bad, and none positive. Are they all wrong? It really makes me want to avoid it...
      Those people dont know how to counter rats. Thats given since their builds arent made to counter rats. This is one of issues if corrupted dungeon. People make high mobility builds to just run away while chipping crystals down and those that look for pvp might not have high mobility builds but more tanky and bursty. Suitable for 1vs1 pvp more. High mobility builds are just "easy" kills for them if they started fighting back.
      Whole destroy crystals escape mechanic should be removed. Only way out would be to kill opponent. Only 1 player gets out of corrupted dungeon.
      I kind of dislike the pvp aspect of corrupteds and just escape + destroy crystals. Still i think its quite broken. Way better rewards than solo dungeons and easy to escape anyways since majority of people that look for pvp in Corrupteds arent built around mobility. You can always just shake them off and reset whole situation while getting 1 crystal down everytime if they can even catch you.

Crystal or something like that need to exist to avoid the "infinite fight" scenario. Many top players end up running in circles for an hour or so because they can't reallisticly kill each other without huge mistakes to exploit. Sadly, Crystals don't get you penalties, but they probably should
    • Gabumon wrote:

JikiBoo wrote:

JynxMachina wrote:

Those people dont know how to counter rats. Thats given since their builds arent made to counter rats. This is one of issues if corrupted dungeon. People make high mobility builds to just run away while chipping crystals down and those that look for pvp might not have high mobility builds but more tanky and bursty. Suitable for 1vs1 pvp more. High mobility builds are just "easy" kills for them if they started fighting back.Whole destroy crystals escape mechanic should be removed. Only way out would be to kill opponent. Only 1 player gets out of corrupted dungeon.

Crystal or something like that need to exist to avoid the "infinite fight" scenario. Many top players end up running in circles for an hour or so because they can't reallisticly kill each other without huge mistakes to exploit. Sadly, Crystals don't get you penalties, but they probably should
      seen and been in very long fights. Its annoying no matter what role you are using. kiting or pursuing.

Anyways simple fix could also be timer. If you can run for max 10mins. you get to escape for example OR then like almost all battleground games have that system where fight area gets smaller and smaller.

Could simply make it so that corrupted dungeon outer areas get filled with lava over time and everything except final boss platform gets filled. Forcing players to get into that area. You cannot run then infinitely.

Ofcourse people will then moan that "kiting builds" are at disadvantage.. but i mean if you have lets say 5min to kill enemy and then areas get filled up every 30sec starting from outer rooms. Its your own fault for running too much and not actually focusing on kiting and dpsing.

5min should be plenty of time to kill someone.

This will ofcourse change meta a bit. Kiters will be hunting runners that buy time to get into close combat at boss stage since they cant catch kiters.

this is just one example. Lava would disappear when either one dies.

no need crystals or what so ever. I mean whole Corrupted is filled with lava. Would be logical to make it just raise over time.

Anyways somekind timer would be easy fix. If its not somekind battlegrounds smaller combat zone thing. It could be simple timer. If neither one gets killed in 10-15min. Both just get booted outside. Who ever has the invaded they lose their dungeon and invader gets to invade someone else.

though im leaning more towards forced pvp. Even if you run. you have to fight and there should be time limit. Its up to SBI to figure out then what kind system they make out of it.

Corrupteds were meant to be 1vs1 pvp style dungeons, but people abuse it. It should be forced pvp. No leaving and time limit.

tbh system atm on it is enabling stupid builds such as gathering gears usage and there is "fixed" builds for whole cd to abuse it.

Forced pvp / timelimit with smaller combat zone all the time would root out these cancer tricks and make people focus on good solid 1vs1 builds.

edit: About crystals. If they keep the system. It should be counted as loss. So invader gets 10% of "surrenders" infamy. They get to keep their gears, but lose 10% infamy. maybe even 20%.

Its basically surrendering. Giving up the fight and just letting that invader to "win" by fleeing.

And to counter infinite fights. Invader could just attack those crystals and if he manages to destroy all of them. He could get 10% of infame from invaded. So it forces invaded to defend crystals if he doesnt want to lose infamy.

Also this could make new style of just attacking crystals, but easy fix for that is that invaded gets aura when they get invaded. That aura has big radius and if theyre close to crystal. It becomes immune to damage. So you can protect crystals.

The post was edited 2 times, last by JikiBoo ().

• JikiBoo wrote:

Could simply make it so that corrupted dungeon outer areas get filled with lava over time and everything except final boss platform gets filled. Forcing players to get into that area. You cannot run then infinitely.
      and then there would be lots of new post about:
      Omg nerf knight armor and bedrock mace in corrupted, they pushed me into the lava.
    • Saccavirano wrote:

JikiBoo wrote:

and then there would be lots of new post about:Omg nerf knight armor and bedrock mace in corrupted, they pushed me into the lava.

atleast they get some usage then :D Anyways like i said. thats just one way. Though it would be very easy to avoid knight armor and bedrock mace pushing. I mean.. if you look at the final boss platform. its quite big. you could never throw someone out of it if they stayed even somewhat middle or close to middle. Pushbacks aint so big they push you 1-2 screens away.

Also the lava wouldnt be instant kill. It could simply be like those lava traps. Deal like 100-200 damage per sec or so.