Sandbox Interactive joins Stillfront

• solventh wrote:

Cursewords wrote:

Never ceases to amaze me how negative "gamers" can be lmao. Just play the game until it isn't fun any more. Hypothesizing about the game's future based on nothing but conjecture is a job for idiots.
      this is progression based game, buddy. you improve your characters with time. it s not instance based game like dota or lol. capische?

Are you actually stupid? This is one of the most dense replies I've ever seen in this forum. Look at my profile dude and tell me whether or not I already know better than you do what this game is about.

By all means though, keep whining about the game's future even though there's no evidence to suggest anything bad is going to happen. It makes for an entertaining read.
    • Cursewords wrote:

solventh wrote:

Cursewords wrote:

Never ceases to amaze me how negative "gamers" can be lmao. Just play the game until it isn't fun any more. Hypothesizing about the game's future based on nothing but conjecture is a job for idiots.
      this is progression based game, buddy. you improve your characters with time. it s not instance based game like dota or lol. capische?
      Are you actually stupid? This is one of the most dense replies I've ever seen in this forum. Look at my profile dude and tell me whether or not I already know better than you do what this game is about.

By all means though, keep whining about the game's future even though there's no evidence to suggest anything bad is going to happen. It makes for an entertaining read.
      we know who is actually stupid here. bye.
    • solventh wrote:

Cursewords wrote:

solventh wrote:

Cursewords wrote:

we know who is actually stupid here. bye.
      Bye mate, don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out. :)
    • What's with the ominous dread here? Like SBI wasn't a FOR PROFIT COMPANY. This game is made of love? Yes. But is made with MONEY, to EARN MONEY. Like ALL GAMES, MOVIES, BOOKS, CARTOONS. Entertainment industry is not a charity, is an INDUSTRY. A HUGE one. And not because some well informed guys adquired the company they will instantly turn the game into a pay-fiesta. You acquire a company because you know and understand their bussiness model, maybe have some insight on how to improve, but other than that, taking the "product" from the hands of the developers has never been a sucesful strategy and investors know that.
    • Gabumon wrote:

What's with the ominous dread here? Like SBI wasn't a FOR PROFIT COMPANY.
      The dread is that whilst SBI were a profit making company, they didn't go down a P2W route, whereas their new overlords are steeped in P2W mechanics, and will possibly force Albion down that route.
      Midgard
      T8 Fibre, Ore, Hide, Wood & Stone Gatherer
      T8 Gathering Gear Crafter
      T8 Bags & Capes Crafter
    • yiconomics wrote:

If anyone from Stillfront is reading this:
      1. Make EU Servers
      2. Make Asian Servers
      3. Design Dinosaur Skins for mounts
      4. Remove the Black Market from the game
      5. Make Premium real money only, not in-game silver

-------
      tametheark - the richest player in Albion Online and Runescape, and biggest Dino breeder in ARK
      and this, kids, its exactly what you should NOT do

Add more servers will depopulate the game (maybe an asian server wouldnt be that bad but still doesnt convinces me)

Skins...sure

Black market is where the PvE loot comes from, you idiot

Premium with only irl money would actually make albion a P2F, one step closer to P2W
    • solventh wrote:

Cursewords wrote:

Bye mate, don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out. :)
      bye was to you, i dont like discussing things with people like you. :]
      Don't like discussing things with people smarter than you? Yeah go figure :)

yiconomics wrote:

If anyone from Stillfront is reading this:
      1. Make EU Servers
      2. Make Asian Servers
      3. Design Dinosaur Skins for mounts
      4. Remove the Black Market from the game
      5. Make Premium real money only, not in-game silver

-------
      tametheark - the richest player in Albion Online and Runescape, and biggest Dino breeder in ARK
      This is a ridiculous idea. Multiple servers kills the entire balance of the game. Also, why on earth should premium be real money only? How about some actual legitimate reasons for all these changes?

As it stands the game is insanely profitable, premium is affordable by literally everyone either for in-game money which is not hard to make or real money which again, is not hard to make unless you live in a third-world country (whereby you are most likely not playing this game). Premium affords only really 2 major bonuses, 50% extra fame and the ability to buy an island. You only need to get it once somehow for the latter too. So the only other thing is that in the beginning, for maybe the first 6 months premium bonus fame will help you progress faster.

However, you're all ignoring the fact that this game is a sandbox, it's a slow burn. It's not a race to the finish line. If your idea of gameplay is being able to rush to the finish line then you don't understand how the game works. Premium is near useless for end-game guilds and alliances. When you have enough weapons you've got good levels in, enough crafting trees unlocked and so on, fame becomes a moot point. You need it early on, but gradually outgrow it. The faster you do this, depends on how good you are at the game and how well you connect yourself to others and a good guild. Literally NONE of this has to do with any pay2win aspects, Sandbox Interactive's acquisition or anything else. The fastest way to progress is literally just to be in a good guild/alliance and get boosted.

All of this conjecture that just because SI got acquired by another company and the game is going to die or something is just stupid. You can basically already drop money into the game if you want to easily buy items without having to get them yourself. Ok, but loot changes hands so quickly in this game and what happens next? You still can't craft those items or even gather them yourself if you just buy stuff from the marketplace all day. There's a million ways to lose your loot in this game, dozens of silver sinks like taxes, repair fees, quick travel, upgrading island, the list goes on and on. The more stuff you have in this game, the more you pay to keep that stuff. What are you going to do, sit around and keep that shit in the bank all day? If people want to sink 10 grand into the game, let them. They're going to lose most of it one way or another. Hating on the fact that people with accomplished jobs and shit IRL can do things faster than you maybe early on is just ludicrous. You might as well go out into town and yell at some guy who is wearing better clothes than you and driving a better car.

If you don't enjoy the game, don't play. There's plenty of others around. As far as it stands, why would SI change from a payment model that is already making the game flourish like mad? Like I said, premium is affordable by anyone. With a few months of effort and decent skills you can make millions of silver and either trade for gold for cosmetics or premium without paying a cent. In addition to that, it has no retarded lottery mechanics like eg. Runescape 3.

The reality is, Albion Online is insanely accessible. It's available on basically every platform, premium is cheap as fuck, you can buy literally almost anything for in-game silver. There are dozens of ways to make free gold (recruit people, swap for silver, do events) and you don't even need gold for shit anyway. The most powerful aspect in this game is having friends or even a community to support you. Even if this game changes direction entirely in terms of its payment model, if you aren't a total social cripple and are in a decently active guild, you will still be able to have fuckloads of fun.

I bet most of the people complaining in this game are scrubs who have never stepped into a black zone, done AvA or literally know anything about the end-game. There are so many ways to succeed in this game. Even if they added lootboxes I'd just shrug my shoulders and keep making my shekels in game. Play the game until it isn't fun. Anything else is just idiocy and is nothing short of a tantrum.

P.S. I want to say one thing as someone who works in the gaming industry myself. Being acquired by another company can have literally almost zero affect on the popularity and success of the games that come from studios under its ownership. What DOES have the biggest influence on whether or not a game succeeds; continues to succeed; or crashes and burns is something like the creative director leaving/changing. The entire payment model of AO is most likely something that only a tiny handful or maybe even only ONE person has decided and has the responsibility for. The future of the game and in most cases the game's entire "health" is the responsibility of a very small few.

Example A: Blizzard hasn't been failing as a game studio because they were necessarily acquired by Activision, but because they have lost like 90% of the people who worked on the franchises that made the company what it even was in the first place, you cannot even call it the same studio it once was.
      Example B: When 343 Studios took over the Halo IP, almost ALL of the people from Bungie who worked on the original games which were insanely popular and successful and had a specific design philosophy, practically none of those people stayed with 343 Studios, and those that did left pretty soon after.

So to have a legitimate reason to shit yourself over Stillfront buying SI would have to be because Stillfront fired most of the SI team (or at least the key people responsible for Albion's success) or those people left the company after the acquisition. Neither of these things happened and we've even been told that SI has fully autonomy for development. So you can all stop bitching.

The post was edited 4 times, last by Cursewords ().

• That's not sarcasm, that's just stupidity. What evidence is there that he's being sarcastic, or are you just trolling or unable to think rationally about an irrational comment? I just linked a thread that shows he's pretty serious with his stupid ideas.

Plus seeing as the guy loves Ark so much, it makes sense that he legitimately wants dinosaur skins in the game lmfao. Anyone with even moderate intelligence would have picked up on these things.

The post was edited 3 times, last by Cursewords ().