[15. December 2020] Rise of Avalon Hotfix 11.1

• [15. December 2020] Rise of Avalon Hotfix 11.1

Rise of Avalon Hotfix 11.1

Fixes and Changes

• Total time spent in a guild during a given season now displays correctly in Guild Season UI as intended
      • To increase the incentive for fishers to move more, empty Fishing spots will no longer give Seaweed
      • To ensure enough Seaweed is still available, Fishing Laborers can now also bring Seaweed in addition to normal fish

The post was edited 1 time, last by Dagother ().

• PrintsKaspian wrote:

Fixes and Changes

• Total time spent in a guild during a given season now displays correctly in Guild Season UI as intended
      • To increase the incentive for fishers to move more, empty Fishing spots will no longer give Seaweed
      • To ensure enough Seaweed is still available, Fishing Laborers can now also bring Seaweed in addition to normal fish

WHEN WILL WE GET USE ALL BUTTON? THANKS! MY CAPSLOCK IS BROKEN! JUST AS MY FINGER AFTER CLICKING 2000 TIMES TO OPEN 2000 BAGS
    • seems like all those who ask for the "use all" button don't realise how it could crash the server. Imagine all those 999 stacks of silverbags and tomes of insight being used at once from a bunch of players.

If you got some IT knowledge you'd understand what happens to the server.

The reason of my post though is that I find it strange that the mobile version from play store was 1gb the update. For this hotfix only?
      Files

The post was edited 1 time, last by DadoFlame ().

• @DadoFlame, so if You have "some IT knowledge" just tell me how "use all" will affect server. Do You think "use all" will click for every single tome in one second? O should it give You instant fame/silver depend on how much tome in stack You have? Which one in Your opinion will be safer for server? . It's still better give ppl "use all" button instead of forcing them to use makro, or clicker or smth like this. But good that you have some knowledge of IT and You know what it's good for server. I hope Albion have better developer than You.
    • DadoFlame wrote:

seems like all those who ask for the "use all" button don't realise how it could crash the server. Imagine all those 999 stacks of silverbags and tomes of insight being used at once from a bunch of players.

The reason of my post though is that I find it strange that the mobile version from play store was 1gb the update. For this hotfix only?
      And if *you* had the slightest IT knowledge, you would realise a use all button would actually be less of a strain on the server.

Current scenario
      - player clicks use, sending a use request to server

- server processes request and adds silver for one bag to players total silver via the database

- server sends new silver total to player

- this is then repeated up to 999 times per stack

Use all scenario
      - player clicks use all, sending a use all request to server

- server processes request and adds silver for one bag multiplied by quantity in the stack to players silver via the database

Instead of the player sending 1000s of individual use requests, they send one use all request. The sever has less calculations to do, less database calls to make and less responses to send to the player informing them that their silver updated.

Why does every post like this have a condescending poster like you who thinks they know better than everyone else, despite having no knowledge of the subject matter?

Besides, it is is not our job to work out how they implement these kinds of features.

Back on subject, I'm glad the guild ui bug got fixed and hopefully the seaweed change will reduce the number of fishing bots.

The post was edited 5 times, last by SirFragment ().

• Such kindness :whistling:

Nobody forces you to use any macro, clicker or something like that. Its your choice if you use it or not.
      @Eovenir

*multiplied & less calculations* ?(
      @SirFragment

I'd be ready to bet that they don't include the "use all" button. You guys might have seen some screenshots of stashed stacks and just waiting for the "use all" button.

The post was edited 1 time, last by DadoFlame ().

• I was fishing for few hours today at yellow zone level five and I have to say that there is too many rough logs coming out of it, even if I am changing my fishing spot. Now if you see that the fish on the blue bar of the mini game is not moving than it is certain that this would be rough logs so it's no point in continuing and it's better to cast the fishing line again. It is no reason of collecting "trash" anymore and this is making the experience more boring.
    • SirFragment wrote:

DadoFlame wrote:

seems like all those who ask for the "use all" button don't realise how it could crash the server. Imagine all those 999 stacks of silverbags and tomes of insight being used at once from a bunch of players.

And if *you* had the slightest IT knowledge, you would realise a use all button would actually be less of a strain on the server.
      Current scenario
      - player clicks use, sending a use request to server

- server processes request and adds silver for one bag to players total silver via the database

- this is then repeated up to 999 times per stack

Use all scenario
      - player clicks use all, sending a use all request to server

- server processes request and adds silver for one bag multiplied by quantity in the stack to players silver via the database

Instead of the player sending 1000s of individual use requests, they send one use all request. The sever has less calculations to do, less database calls to make and less responses to send to the player informing them that their silver updated.

Why does every post like this have a condescending poster like you who thinks they know better than everyone else, despite having no knowledge of the subject matter?

Besides, it is is not our job to work out how they implement these kinds of features.

Back on subject, I'm glad the guild ui bug got fixed and hopefully the seaweed change will reduce the number of fishing bots.
      Yes true but not all players click bags all at once so am sure devs dont care tht much .
    • DadoFlame wrote:

*multiplied & less calculations* ?(
      @SirFragment

Assume stack size is 999

Current silver + (1000 * 999)

Is a lot more effecient for a computer to do than

Looping 999 times and doing

Current silver + 1000

Also it is likely they are reading and writing the current silver to the database every time they add to the player's silver. You can add additional knock on calculations such as fame credit calculations to this too.

Assuming you know IT as you say, this would be patently obvious to you though

@CDEEKS whether or not an invidual player uses all at once is irrelevant, across the population it is still additional unnecessary inefficiency. Also, my point is that this is not a reason to discount adding a use all button. I am not the one who is making baseless statements.

The post was edited 5 times, last by SirFragment ().

• PrintsKaspian wrote:

Fixes and Changes

so now my Elder Fisherman Labourer will bring Seaweed instead of Deadwater Eel and Catfish. Great change, what can I say.

What are you talking about, ensure enough Seaweed? I mostly fish schools and I throw away Seaweed because it’s so damn heavy.

What do you mean move more, anyone staying more than 12 fish in one place is wasting time.

If this is a measure against botting, then wouldn’t it be easier to just ban the obvious bots? I reported a bot for two months in July/August and I bet if I go back to Rowanwood or Yew Wood he is still there - the East corner.
      Ezekiel 25:17

The post was edited 3 times, last by Skelst ().

• Alysandra wrote:

WHEN WILL WE GET USE ALL BUTTON? THANKS! MY CAPSLOCK IS BROKEN! JUST AS MY FINGER AFTER CLICKING 2000 TIMES TO OPEN 2000 BAGS
      Just cry some more, they will remove the bags and books all together. They already nerfed loot to the ground (got 5K worth of runes and 18x1000 bags at the end chest of a T8 dungeon).

Is it so hard to just click all the bags at the end of every dungeon so you won’t break your entitled snowflake finger?
    • CDEEKS wrote:

WHEN ARE WE SEEING SRD NOT CLOSE AFTER 30 SEC????????? RUNIED SOLO PVP THIS. PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ AT LEAST ADD SAY A RED srd tht does not close and a green tht does as to not upset crybabies plz
      Solo PVP? In 6 months I experienced this once. The rest was +5vs1. So yeah. Go solo pvp in CD. Have fun.

RED? You mean where gate is camped by 5+ bravehearts in 4.1 gear? Okay.