Testserver Patch Notes - Rise of Avalon Patch 11

• Oh, also - to people who state there are no "hardcore risks" in HCE - how much do you lose in open world if you're shit? I think usually 200k-1million. That's about what you pay in repair costs if you're shitty in HCE as well! One death is around 200k in repair cost on higher levels. And most people bring shit stuff that doesn't even cost that much to your open world content. So if we're talking about risks, I think they're similar.
      Ave!
    • Koszatniczek wrote:

People won't do pointless stuff only for relax. They want to feel they also are getting towards the endgame fun somehow - arenas are completely different - you practice PVP fights against other players, and get the feeling of "winning" even if there is no reward. HCE without rewards would be simply mindlessly grinding the same stuff over and over, against AI - noone's gonna do that. And back to my point - if people won't do their stuff in here [relaxing farm for specs / silver] they will go and look for that in another game. And then you will see what "depopulation" means.

Wouldn't finishing the map in time be enough for the feeling of victory? Couldn't HCE be the time of practice to make dungeons in the open world?

The nerf path is painful but necessary because that content is absurdly strong. You can't just buff everything else without breaking the game completely.

For me, HCE would never have existed. But now that it exists, it needs to be urgently balanced
    • BigKoala wrote:

PrintsKaspian wrote:

Hardcore Expeditions

High-level Hardcore Expeditions have, in general, been too rewarding compared to other group activities.

To address this, loot and Silver rewards have been reduced for Hardcore Expeditions above level 7.

This will decrease the rewards overall by about 25% over all levels, with lower levels being affected less than higher levels.
      I hope a more realistic way can be reached to balance HCE with open world, but as of now, I don't see nerfing HCE to incentivize open world as a viable option as lots of players aren't here for the open world, they are here for the high tier PVE, and the ability to "flex" your expensive sets, which can only be achieved through HCE. Maybe add more statics and boost fame and silver from them? Maybe add more difficult mob patterns in random dungeons so they aren't just rinse and repeat with 0 difficulty? I can appreciate the need to reduce inflation from too much silver being in the game, but surely a solution can be found that doesn't kill content?
      Well, that's the second nerf in a row.
      There are ways of solving the silver generation problem while still maintaining HCEs reward value.

The other problem with this nerf is that it will take even more time to find people to form groups.

If they nerf it again, might as well delete HCEs and 8.3 mp items from the game.

Let's also remove Dungeons and turn this game into a bigger version of Brawlhalla XD
    • Gabumon wrote:

BigKoala wrote:

PrintsKaspian wrote:

Hardcore Expeditions

High-level Hardcore Expeditions have, in general, been too rewarding compared to other group activities.

To address this, loot and Silver rewards have been reduced for Hardcore Expeditions above level 7.

This will decrease the rewards overall by about 25% over all levels, with lower levels being affected less than higher levels.
      This is pretty disappointing to hear since a major part of the economy is built up around high tier HCE gear, and removing the incentive to pay high prices for best in slot items will reduce the amount of tax paid through the auction house. Also if the intention is to end up completely removing HCE from the game at one point, which seems like a trend of continual nerfs and changes to how HCE is played, then killing your most popular form of PVE, and the only place in which high tier gear can be effectively used, I wonder what would happen to the economy as a whole when t8.3mp gear is effectively irrelevant but still far to expensive to be rationalised using. This also is a big nerf to crafters as removing the bonus profits from t8.3exc/mp, when most t8.3 items that are meta will lose you silver even with focus crafting in bonus areas because of a highly saturated market with not enough new weapons being released. I hope a more realistic way can be reached to balance HCE with open world, but as of now, I don't see nerfing HCE to incentivize open world as a viable option as lots of players aren't here for the open world, they are here for the high tier PVE, and the ability to "flex" your expensive sets, which can only be achieved through HCE. Maybe add more statics and boost fame and silver from them? Maybe add more difficult mob patterns in random dungeons so they aren't just rinse and repeat with 0 difficulty? I can appreciate the need to reduce inflation from too much silver being in the game, but surely a solution can be found that doesn't kill content?
      Let me ask (Again, as someone that also have done plenty HCE): Why you do them? If the answer is "enjoyable", then you can keep doing them. If the answer is money, well, you just need to do 1 extra lvl 18 map for every 4 you used to do to get the same money. That's not "destroying the content", just scaling it down a bit. Also, your assumptions about the economy are, im sorry to say, falacies and assumptions. 8.3 mp prices of most items aren't that crazy, unless they are HCE items. If at some point HCE stops to exist, the items will get their prices balanced to "normal levels" because that's how economy works. Less demand, less price. I remember you too (I don't to them but you should know by know) that CD players also wear 8.3 quite often, and so do some ZvZ players and high end crystal league players. HCE is not reallt a good example of "8.3 consumers" because as stated before, you will never lose the items, so you only buy them once.The economy is not tied to any particular activity, quite the opposite: Activities are tied to how the economy provides to them. If for example, with this up-to-25% silver nerf HCE common items get lowered in value, while some HCE purists will MAYBE leave the activity because the lower profits, some players will start doing them because the easier barrier of entry.
      There are million of examples of items beign so key at certain activities that their prices are huge. Robe of Purity is a very good example: Since you need them in 5vs5 and now in 20vs20, and not one of them but PLENTY per day, the price is constantly on the rise. Some get destroyed, some get created, but it depends on a fluent market: People getting the artifact, people crafting it and then people using/lossing it.
      Economy is fascinating, but you should not assume that any particular activity will "meltdown" how it works because, is just too big to work like that. And if 8.3 mp stop beign mandatory for any reason, regular 8.3 prices will catch up to be profitable as it is, since the only reason why for example regular 8.3 light crossbow is so cheap, is because there are A LOT of people crafting them to get MP, so there are insane ammounts of regular 8.3 in existance.
      go look at the frequency of which non pve t8.3mp/exc items are being sold on the auction house compared to meta pve items used only in HCE, and you will see a clear trend that they sell at a far less quantity and the value is far lower. As there are so many t8.3mp/exc HCE related items now, it's evident that a nerf to hce gear will ruin the prices of that gear far more than any other non related HCE gear as it is by far the most common, yet most expensive high end gear. And what are people using the useless t8.3mp items they buy on the ah for? Not even lvl. 9 cgvg players are using the cheap t8.3mp equipment now, so how do you expect a market crash of t8.3mp hce gear to be of any benefit to anyone. All this will do is bring down the overall economy of t8.3mp gear in general, with once again no real reason to use them anywhere, and also remove and enormous revenue stream for SBI, because guess who's buying the most gold in this game? It's not the pvpers who are out there ganking all day and attempting to dive dungeons, which always have a scout, it's the HCE players who are coming to the game to play only HCE and as they have no money at the start they simply buy gold to afford a t8.3mp set. I can even say the market for rare recruiter and masterpiece mounts would be affected too since the majority of people who own them are HCE players who want to flex their mounts. So much of the economy is connected to HCE that simply hating on HCE because it's not the type of content you enjoy is irrational and not a well thought through idea. Go play some HCE yourself and see how many times you can die as a new player or the swathes of t4.0/.1/t5.0 loot you get from even lvl. 18 maps and then you might see that it's not so out of balance with the game.
    • Phosphia wrote:

Reading these 20 IQ posts frantically trying to justify the existence of HCE is pretty hilarious not gonna lie.

HCE has absolutely no place in Albion. It's a full loot, open world MMORPG.

Even after the 25% nerf, HCE is still by far the biggest silver printer in the entire game.

HCE players are so hilariously disconnected with reality, it's actually sad. Nerf is bad for the market? HCE is literally the single most destructive thing to the market in the entire game. It prints silver in the billions, and your gear doesn't trash.

I'm of the opinion that this game should offer some kind of fun content for people who aren't into PvP, but this ain't it.
      Yes, let's listen to the guy saying that a high investment/Difficulty endgame PvE content which requires pristine team coordination shouldn't have any reward at all.

Let's ignore the core dynamic of effort vs. reward that is the base of any video game that has ever existed.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Evas_Flarelight: I took out the insult. ().

• Ahsmodeus wrote:

Phosphia wrote:

Reading these 20 IQ posts frantically trying to justify the existence of HCE is pretty hilarious not gonna lie.

Even after the 25% nerf, HCE is still by far the biggest silver printer in the entire game.

HCE players are so hilariously disconnected with reality, it's actually sad. Nerf is bad for the market? HCE is literally the single most destructive thing to the market in the entire game. It prints silver in the billions, and your gear doesn't trash.

I'm of the opinion that this game should offer some kind of fun content for people who aren't into PvP, but this ain't it.
      Yes, let's listen to the 300IQ guy saying that a high investment/Difficulty endgame PvE content which requires pristine team coordination shouldn't have any reward at all.
      Let's ignore the core dynamic of effort vs. reward that is the base of any video game that has ever existed.
      I mean if they really want full lot open world mmorpg, they should just remove all dungeons CD, RD too and just make it all open world then. Oh right and its also Sandbox game where we were suppose to do whatever the fuck we want right?
    • Ahsmodeus wrote:

Phosphia wrote:

Reading these posts frantically trying to justify the existence of HCE is pretty hilarious not gonna lie.

Yes, let's listen to the guy saying that a high investment/Difficulty endgame PvE content which requires pristine team coordination shouldn't have any reward at all.
      The very existance of HCE is exactly ignoring the core dynamic of risk vs. reward.

HCE is 0 risk and doesn't belong in this game.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Evas_Flarelight: I took out the insults in the quoted post. ().

• Phosphia wrote:

Ahsmodeus wrote:

Phosphia wrote:

Reading these posts frantically trying to justify the existence of HCE is pretty hilarious not gonna lie.

Yes, let's listen to the guy saying that a high investment/Difficulty endgame PvE content which requires pristine team coordination shouldn't have any reward at all.Let's ignore the core dynamic of effort vs. reward that is the base of any video game that has ever existed.
      The very existance of HCE is exactly ignoring the core dynamic of risk vs. reward.
      HCE is 0 risk and doesn't belong in this game.
      Open world death costs varies from 200k to over mil, so is one death from hce. there are similar monetary risk there. if your term of risk is only risk of losing gear then oh well

The post was edited 1 time, last by Evas_Flarelight: I took out the insults in the quoted post. ().

• nerf HCE to the ground.
      #stopRMT
      it only shows how closed are their minds.. they thinking we are playing in bz with flat 6 gear ?
      maybe for every HCE rmter, time to leave a city and checks hows albion looking.
      we will see at the end of the week how many less silver they picked up.
    • Creammy wrote:

Koszatniczek wrote:

People won't do pointless stuff only for relax. They want to feel they also are getting towards the endgame fun somehow - arenas are completely different - you practice PVP fights against other players, and get the feeling of "winning" even if there is no reward. HCE without rewards would be simply mindlessly grinding the same stuff over and over, against AI - noone's gonna do that. And back to my point - if people won't do their stuff in here [relaxing farm for specs / silver] they will go and look for that in another game. And then you will see what "depopulation" means.
      Wouldn't finishing the map in time be enough for the feeling of victory? Couldn't HCE be the time of practice to make dungeons in the open world?

The nerf path is painful but necessary because that content is absurdly strong. You can't just buff everything else without breaking the game completely.

For me, HCE would never have existed. But now that it exists, it needs to be urgently balanced

I feel like as a pvp player you have no concept of how a game works. People play a certain type of content because they enjoy it but there must also be a reward to match the difficulty. If I went and said no loot would drop from players you ganked I'm sure you wouldn't be too pleased, and it's the same where doing pve you expect to get fame from mobs. Silver from HCE has already been halved in the past, and a further 25% avg reduction is big, and SBI aren't saying about how level 18 HCE silver is being nerfed by 33% whilst lower levels are having a smaller % reduction. Lots of the PVE players in this game have come from WOW and still play WOW, I'm sure there's been a sizeable player reduction since shadowlands release, and nerfing a content in their side game (Albion) might just convince them to continue playing WOW instead of Albion. Fame farmers play the game to fame farm, not to gank, not to craft, not to 20v20, fame farm. Making the content that players only play obsolete will only have negative side effects for all players in the game, including continuing devaluation of gear, smaller player base, and less people for you to go kill in BZ. Also why does everybody ignore the fact that ARCH is chaining t8.3 ava dungeons in the safety of Redtree? Is this not too over powered because it's safe fame faming in full t8.3 gear all day everyday, you even get more fame from it than HCE! Or about how they can safely live in BZ only because of their vast numerical advantage? So the only way for a PVE player to enjoy the game would be to join a mega alliance so they can do Avalonian dungeons all day with 100% safety and keep their gear in BZ and travel safely back to city with HO and permanent bubble back? Please think before you write something because all you are doing is saying useless points of view with nothing substantial behind what you're saying. "Nerf this cause I don't like it" is not a valid argument.
    • Koszatniczek wrote:

Actually, it's not. I feel most of the people who hate on HCE are the ones who never got past T6 to see how hard the upper ones are to do. People in estabilished guilds with specced up builds who are crying because they don't get any weak noobs to come so they can kill them. What other reason is there to hate on the fact that other people will get specs and money to spend on gear, and then use that gear to come and fight you? I mean, more gear for you if you're good? More content?
      If you are doing level 10+ HCEs you aren't a noob. You are just a scared cat.

HCE is one of, if not the best, the most rewarding content in the game silver wise. And is completely safe.

It is TERRIBLE for the economy the huge ammount of silver being 'printed' there. It's a simple inflation mechanic.
    • BigKoala wrote:

Creammy wrote:

Koszatniczek wrote:

I feel like as a pvp player you have no concept of how a game works. People play a certain type of content because they enjoy it but there must also be a reward to match the difficulty. If I went and said no loot would drop from players you ganked I'm sure you wouldn't be too pleased, and it's the same where doing pve you expect to get fame from mobs. Silver from HCE has already been halved in the past, and a further 25% avg reduction is big, and SBI aren't saying about how level 18 HCE silver is being nerfed by 33% whilst lower levels are having a smaller % reduction. Lots of the PVE players in this game have come from WOW and still play WOW, I'm sure there's been a sizeable player reduction since shadowlands release, and nerfing a content in their side game (Albion) might just convince them to continue playing WOW instead of Albion. Fame farmers play the game to fame farm, not to gank, not to craft, not to 20v20, fame farm. Making the content that players only play obsolete will only have negative side effects for all players in the game, including continuing devaluation of gear, smaller player base, and less people for you to go kill in BZ. Also why does everybody ignore the fact that ARCH is chaining t8.3 ava dungeons in the safety of Redtree? Is this not too over powered because it's safe fame faming in full t8.3 gear all day everyday, you even get more fame from it than HCE! Or about how they can safely live in BZ only because of their vast numerical advantage? So the only way for a PVE player to enjoy the game would be to join a mega alliance so they can do Avalonian dungeons all day with 100% safety and keep their gear in BZ and travel safely back to city with HO and permanent bubble back? Please think before you write something because all you are doing is saying useless points of view with nothing substantial behind what you're saying. "Nerf this cause I don't like it" is not a valid argument.
      thats true, HO system need a rework.
      1-2 ho per cluster and only that guild which build that ho should have acces to go in, no more sharing acces for other guilds/alliances + distance for another Ho should has 2-3 clusters.
      it should refreshing BZ like it was before QUEEN, you saw everywhere ffers/gatherers, people actually playing the game not sitting in HO 24/7
    • ImaDoki wrote:

Koszatniczek wrote:

Actually, it's not. I feel most of the people who hate on HCE are the ones who never got past T6 to see how hard the upper ones are to do. People in estabilished guilds with specced up builds who are crying because they don't get any weak noobs to come so they can kill them. What other reason is there to hate on the fact that other people will get specs and money to spend on gear, and then use that gear to come and fight you? I mean, more gear for you if you're good? More content?
      If you are doing level 10+ HCEs you aren't a noob. You are just a scared cat.
      HCE is one of, if not the best, the most rewarding content in the game silver wise. And is completely safe.

It is TERRIBLE for the economy the huge ammount of silver being 'printed' there. It's a simple inflation mechanic.
      The only people monopolizing this are the best closed HCE groups which are playing 16 hours a day constant HCE. The average player is not inflating the economy at all and 1-2 deaths is average per map, so that's 2m being removed from game for repairs. I don't see that the top 1% sweats at HCE should cause a complete nerf to the content. I never saw the chest rats in Boss zones chests being nerfed because they can go in 4.1 gear cheese builds and make more in a single chest than the entire value of their set?
    • The HCE repair cost argument is a strange one in comparison to dying in OW. Sure your repair cost is 200k lets say but you still get all the silver/loot you earned from the run to offset. If a Corrupted player dies with say a set worth a mil they lose that mil AND get 0 rewards on top of that (can't say 0 you do retain silver bags from chests if any). Paying repair is something we all deal with in fact the cost to repair looted gear is extremely high since of the heavy durability loss compared to the limited loss of knock downs.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Tabor ().

• Phosphia wrote:

These HCE kids don't seem to realise we use 8.3 gear in the black zones too, lmao.

HCE contributes absolutely nothing to the game. Instead, it depopulates the world. It's literally a cancer. Both in-game and on the forums.
      Right lol.

8.3 Is used daily by fame farmers in the Outlands, also the large scale ZvZ's a lot of people rock 8.3 gear all the time.

8.3 MP gear is used for invasion days.
      Tired of LAGGING in-game? Try ExitLag;
      Use my link & code 'ROBIN' for 20% off any plan!
      exitl.ag/robin
      youtube.com/c/robinhoodrs
    • First of all Phosphia is trolling for sure. No way anyone who actually know this game can be so much wrong - or he is simply a noob.

Lets see some facts:

-There are only few popular and succesfull MMOs in the world. All of them are stricte PVE or PVE + PVP. Albion Online is the only one PVP + PVE focused
      -Nerfing and destroying PVE content means you will lose those players because they WONT go to black zone - they can now but they prefer HCE
      -With much smaller playerbase there will be no PVP content and no economy, game will eventualy die

-Words about HCE players being carebears or without honor are funny like hell. I play for lamost 2 years now and I NEVER EVER was ganked by 1 guy when i was gathering or fame farming open world. Its always few ganekrs or even full zerg. PVP gankers are FOR SURE least honorable ppl in game and they do all they can to get all rewards with 0 risk. They never engage without having advantage in numbers, most of the time they wear shit and cheap gear and they ru naway as fast as any zvz/fame party dismount on them.

There is no way any normal person would argue that "there is no honor in staying in city, only ganking 5v1 is proper playing" :o

HCE 12+ are hard enough to cost you a lot of silver in repairs OR days/months of practice + you ned to buy gear for xx millions.

-Someone wrote that 8.3 gear for hce is so expensive because of HCEs - thats bullshit. Its not like every hce player buy those even if they want to. They are expensive becasue they are RARE - learn about economy guys....Its DEVS who manipulate how hard is to find art for t8 cryptcandle. They could make all artifacts drops equal and prices would go down.

HCE are the only place where you will see ppl in this kind of gear. Without HCEs players you can just remove t8.1 and above from game because there is no guild rich enough to wear 8.3 on ZVZ.

-ZVZ players are doingwhat they can to play risk free aswell. Level od handholding in game is ridiculus. Once new power emerge to get some maps all others suddenly unite to kill it and after that they go back to their "wars"

If you are too handicaped to understand economy i have analogy for you:

You buy nice car to use it. If you are sure it will be stolen you dont buy it or move out. Gankers are thieves and they have NO CONS of being ones. They gank in groups smalelr/weaker targets and after that they simply return to city.

Albion Online is clone of Ultima Online but there (economy by players) PKers were BANNED from cities so even if they kileld you you knew they are good players who sacrifice a lot for being outlaws.

BTW biggest money printing is in top guilds who own cartels and 90% of map
    • Good to see some of the players actually know what they're talking about. I suspect most of the "HCE haters" are either obvious trolls, or just simply idiots, so the discussion is kind of pointless - I mean, if you hate on HCE also take into consideration other "safe" ways of printing silver as you call it - should the devs remove 80% of the game content then? Because you just want to PVP? Perhaps it's you then who should go back to LOL and other similar games, and not try stir up trouble in here or try to take away other peoples content?
      Ave!
    • BigKoala wrote:

ImaDoki wrote:

Koszatniczek wrote:

If you are doing level 10+ HCEs you aren't a noob. You are just a scared cat.HCE is one of, if not the best, the most rewarding content in the game silver wise. And is completely safe.

The only people monopolizing this are the best closed HCE groups which are playing 16 hours a day constant HCE. The average player is not inflating the economy at all and 1-2 deaths is average per map, so that's 2m being removed from game for repairs. I don't see that the top 1% sweats at HCE should cause a complete nerf to the content. I never saw the chest rats in Boss zones chests being nerfed because they can go in 4.1 gear cheese builds and make more in a single chest than the entire value of their set?
      Chests in Boss Zones got nerfed some times in the past because of those rats glitching the mobs.
    • ImaDoki wrote:

BigKoala wrote:

ImaDoki wrote:

Koszatniczek wrote:

If you are doing level 10+ HCEs you aren't a noob. You are just a scared cat.HCE is one of, if not the best, the most rewarding content in the game silver wise. And is completely safe.
      Chests in Boss Zones got nerfed some times in the past because of those rats glitching the mobs.
      Nice, what about the CD rats in cheese builds? What about huge alliances hoarding all the resources from an area and making millions easy way because noone else can get access, and when someone tries they cheese their way with blocking maps / whatever other abuse they can think of to keep farming resources risk free all day? How about players owning entire cities, or those who make millions on the market ALSO WITHOUT risking death whatsoever? Why not fucking remove all the game content and call it a day, so we can have black zone everywhere, one [arch] type bullshit emerges, and all the smaller guilds / groups die out, resulting in death of Albion Online.
      Ave!