Testserver Patch Notes - Rise of Avalon Patch 11

• Ashoracky wrote:

@Retroman

Ok, clear, thank you. But have you ever considered, for example, following solution to bring it to the game?

We have 3 players, A and B in one alliance and 1 enemy player called C. A is dealing 60 dmg with his jacket, B is dealing 40 damage with his jacket (because of damage modifiers). They are atacking enemy player C and C is in the overlapping area of A's and B's jackets. The player C receives average damage so 50 dmg. Player A and B is using lifesteal food so they will get healed however player A will be healed more because his jacket deals more damage. In this case:

Player C - damage received: (60 + 40) / 2 = 50
      Player A - damage to calculate lifesteal: 0,6 * 50 = 30
      Player B - damage to calculate lifesteal: 0,4 * 50 = 20

So player A will heal with food as if his jacket deals 30 damage, and player B - 20 damage respectively. This way we don't punish players that comes in with jackets as second, third and so on.
      At a small scale this would be fine. But once you start getting to large ZvZ scale fights this would add calculation steps that would add more actions to the cluster. The reason why cluster queue exist is 2 fold, is 1 to stop just people massing large numbers of people to sit on an objective, but it is also because of limitations of game/server ,as it can only process so many actions/calculation per each game tick of time.
      If they were to do this then they would also have to do it for other weapons that don't stack eg Blazing staff, which could add more calculations.
    • Oh, HCE nerf is just silver ? Well, how about reducing fame by 25% as well ?

It is a step towards the right direction, but if you want to revive black zone, these three things needs to be done.

1) Nerf HCE fame and loot - harder than this. Not just 25% silver, but also fame. And nerf it even more. Even after 25%, it´s still excelent. Add another 25% and let´s see.

2) Nerf CD fame and loot - by 40%- 50%. It´s just too good. And add option to A out after you dive / get dived, so that you don´t need to clear the dungeon.

3) Give incentive for people to go to BZ. I am sorry, but 10% loot in group dungeons where loot is already bad is just not enough. Best option would be to boost the rates, while banning scouts etc, otherwise what´s the point of buffing if it´s pretty much just as safe as HCE ? ( with a scout and hideout nearby).

BZ needs to be buffed. Risk x Reward. Safe content should never under any circumstances be more challenging than risky content - especially when it´s not difficult.
      If there is no incentive to go to Open World, nobody is gonna go there. People will just do instanced content, and open world will die. It´s already pretty bad - there is no point going to open, as one could spend hours looking for content.
      Please SBI, save the game.
      My YT channel - Solo greataxe killing everything https://www.youtube.com/user/DhaosNK/video=7
    • BigKoala wrote:

PrintsKaspian wrote:

Hardcore Expeditions

High-level Hardcore Expeditions have, in general, been too rewarding compared to other group activities.

To address this, loot and Silver rewards have been reduced for Hardcore Expeditions above level 7.

This will decrease the rewards overall by about 25% over all levels, with lower levels being affected less than higher levels.
      This is pretty disappointing to hear since a major part of the economy is built up around high tier HCE gear, and removing the incentive to pay high prices for best in slot items will reduce the amount of tax paid through the auction house. Also if the intention is to end up completely removing HCE from the game at one point, which seems like a trend of continual nerfs and changes to how HCE is played, then killing your most popular form of PVE, and the only place in which high tier gear can be effectively used, I wonder what would happen to the economy as a whole when t8.3mp gear is effectively irrelevant but still far to expensive to be rationalised using. This also is a big nerf to crafters as removing the bonus profits from t8.3exc/mp, when most t8.3 items that are meta will lose you silver even with focus crafting in bonus areas because of a highly saturated market with not enough new weapons being released. I hope a more realistic way can be reached to balance HCE with open world, but as of now, I don't see nerfing HCE to incentivize open world as a viable option as lots of players aren't here for the open world, they are here for the high tier PVE, and the ability to "flex" your expensive sets, which can only be achieved through HCE. Maybe add more statics and boost fame and silver from them? Maybe add more difficult mob patterns in random dungeons so they aren't just rinse and repeat with 0 difficulty? I can appreciate the need to reduce inflation from too much silver being in the game, but surely a solution can be found that doesn't kill content?
      Agreed 100%

HCE community is huge and many people in it are just in the game because they like that PvE aspect , nerfing HCE does nothing good for the game.

A good step is to buff open world PvE like you guys just did, but not nerfing HCE imho.
    • PrintsKaspian wrote:

Rise of Avalon Patch 11

Economic Changes

Some of the recent changes to Hardcore Expeditions and the Black Market have led to an influx of Silver into the game economy. To ensure the value of player Silver and overall stability of the player economy are preserved, we are making the following adjustments:

Hardcore Expeditions

• High-level Hardcore Expeditions have, in general, been too rewarding compared to other group activities.
      • To address this, loot and Silver rewards have been reduced for Hardcore Expeditions above level 7.
      • This will decrease the rewards overall by about 25% over all levels, with lower levels being affected less than higher levels.

HCE was totally broken, I'm glad you addressed this issue. Well done.

Gryffyth:Toma tu arma y síguenos en discord.gg/ktrNXWN
    • Good thing to nerf HCE maybe the nerf need to be more powerfull. ATM Openworld is quite empty because no one go outside city for Farmfaming and HCE are too reward for 0 risk and small organisation. i still think that put HCE in the game was a bad idea because more instancied, less openworld. Pity when you sell your game on the openworld side.
    • GokuBlackBR wrote:

Please consider to reduce the price of the repair then.
      There is no balance adjustments if you only nerf the rewards on HCE and do not make the repair table more efficient.
      If we die at lvl 10 we already lose 50% of everything in the map.
      Adjust the price of the repair to make the lower lvls 7-11 more proftable.
      Because you still need good gear to do them but makes no sense reduce the silver and fame and keep the price cost for repair items since HCE is the only content that needs to repair items frequently.
      As someone who did a looooot of HCE not long ago, the "lossing 50% of the profit per death" in lvl 9-11 or so, is also because YOU DONT need 8.3 for those map but you will bring them anyways. I have done even lvl 14 and 15 maps with 3/5 guys in 7.3, and lvl 10 maps with 4 people in 8.3, so you can probably do these with 5 people on 6.3 or so.
      Remember: The game is not telling you what to wear and the profitability of any given activity is merely based on your choices around it.
    • BigKoala wrote:

PrintsKaspian wrote:

Hardcore Expeditions

High-level Hardcore Expeditions have, in general, been too rewarding compared to other group activities.

To address this, loot and Silver rewards have been reduced for Hardcore Expeditions above level 7.

This will decrease the rewards overall by about 25% over all levels, with lower levels being affected less than higher levels.
      This is pretty disappointing to hear since a major part of the economy is built up around high tier HCE gear, and removing the incentive to pay high prices for best in slot items will reduce the amount of tax paid through the auction house. Also if the intention is to end up completely removing HCE from the game at one point, which seems like a trend of continual nerfs and changes to how HCE is played, then killing your most popular form of PVE, and the only place in which high tier gear can be effectively used, I wonder what would happen to the economy as a whole when t8.3mp gear is effectively irrelevant but still far to expensive to be rationalised using. This also is a big nerf to crafters as removing the bonus profits from t8.3exc/mp, when most t8.3 items that are meta will lose you silver even with focus crafting in bonus areas because of a highly saturated market with not enough new weapons being released. I hope a more realistic way can be reached to balance HCE with open world, but as of now, I don't see nerfing HCE to incentivize open world as a viable option as lots of players aren't here for the open world, they are here for the high tier PVE, and the ability to "flex" your expensive sets, which can only be achieved through HCE. Maybe add more statics and boost fame and silver from them? Maybe add more difficult mob patterns in random dungeons so they aren't just rinse and repeat with 0 difficulty? I can appreciate the need to reduce inflation from too much silver being in the game, but surely a solution can be found that doesn't kill content?
      Let me ask (Again, as someone that also have done plenty HCE): Why you do them? If the answer is "enjoyable", then you can keep doing them. If the answer is money, well, you just need to do 1 extra lvl 18 map for every 4 you used to do to get the same money. That's not "destroying the content", just scaling it down a bit. Also, your assumptions about the economy are, im sorry to say, falacies and assumptions. 8.3 mp prices of most items aren't that crazy, unless they are HCE items. If at some point HCE stops to exist, the items will get their prices balanced to "normal levels" because that's how economy works. Less demand, less price. I remember you too (I don't to them but you should know by know) that CD players also wear 8.3 quite often, and so do some ZvZ players and high end crystal league players. HCE is not reallt a good example of "8.3 consumers" because as stated before, you will never lose the items, so you only buy them once.
      The economy is not tied to any particular activity, quite the opposite: Activities are tied to how the economy provides to them. If for example, with this up-to-25% silver nerf HCE common items get lowered in value, while some HCE purists will MAYBE leave the activity because the lower profits, some players will start doing them because the easier barrier of entry.
      There are million of examples of items beign so key at certain activities that their prices are huge. Robe of Purity is a very good example: Since you need them in 5vs5 and now in 20vs20, and not one of them but PLENTY per day, the price is constantly on the rise. Some get destroyed, some get created, but it depends on a fluent market: People getting the artifact, people crafting it and then people using/lossing it.
      Economy is fascinating, but you should not assume that any particular activity will "meltdown" how it works because, is just too big to work like that. And if 8.3 mp stop beign mandatory for any reason, regular 8.3 prices will catch up to be profitable as it is, since the only reason why for example regular 8.3 light crossbow is so cheap, is because there are A LOT of people crafting them to get MP, so there are insane ammounts of regular 8.3 in existance.
    • Borbarad wrote:

Oh, HCE nerf is just silver ? Well, how about reducing fame by 25% as well ?

It is a step towards the right direction, but if you want to revive black zone, these three things needs to be done.

1) Nerf HCE fame and loot - harder than this. Not just 25% silver, but also fame. And nerf it even more. Even after 25%, it´s still excelent. Add another 25% and let´s see.

2) Nerf CD fame and loot - by 40%- 50%. It´s just too good. And add option to A out after you dive / get dived, so that you don´t need to clear the dungeon.

3) Give incentive for people to go to BZ. I am sorry, but 10% loot in group dungeons where loot is already bad is just not enough. Best option would be to boost the rates, while banning scouts etc, otherwise what´s the point of buffing if it´s pretty much just as safe as HCE ? ( with a scout and hideout nearby).

BZ needs to be buffed. Risk x Reward. Safe content should never under any circumstances be more challenging than risky content - especially when it´s not difficult.
      If there is no incentive to go to Open World, nobody is gonna go there. People will just do instanced content, and open world will die. It´s already pretty bad - there is no point going to open, as one could spend hours looking for content.
      Please SBI, save the game.
      1) Right now with current map prices, a 25% nerf to silver for a level 18 map means you get about 600k per run if you divide the cost of the map, plus about 300k in loot. An hour that means about 2.5m silver. That's not very impressive, and I find it FAIR enough. The fame yes is very good but is not very impressive next to a high level avalonian dungeon.

2) The reason why you can't "A-OUT" (normally) from corrupted is to not incentivice the existance of 100% PvP builds. If you can't clear the dungeon you can't play CD.

3) I agree, open world and static content in Black zone needs some improvement. I hope the new outpost loot system creates some hotspots here and there.
    • Gabumon wrote:

BigKoala wrote:

PrintsKaspian wrote:

Hardcore Expeditions

Let me ask (Again, as someone that also have done plenty HCE): Why you do them? If the answer is "enjoyable", then you can keep doing them. If the answer is money, well, you just need to do 1 extra lvl 18 map for every 4 you used to do to get the same money. That's not "destroying the content", just scaling it down a bit. Also, your assumptions about the economy are, im sorry to say, falacies and assumptions. 8.3 mp prices of most items aren't that crazy, unless they are HCE items. If at some point HCE stops to exist, the items will get their prices balanced to "normal levels" because that's how economy works. Less demand, less price. I remember you too (I don't to them but you should know by know) that CD players also wear 8.3 quite often, and so do some ZvZ players and high end crystal league players. HCE is not reallt a good example of "8.3 consumers" because as stated before, you will never lose the items, so you only buy them once.The economy is not tied to any particular activity, quite the opposite: Activities are tied to how the economy provides to them. If for example, with this up-to-25% silver nerf HCE common items get lowered in value, while some HCE purists will MAYBE leave the activity because the lower profits, some players will start doing them because the easier barrier of entry.
      There are million of examples of items beign so key at certain activities that their prices are huge. Robe of Purity is a very good example: Since you need them in 5vs5 and now in 20vs20, and not one of them but PLENTY per day, the price is constantly on the rise. Some get destroyed, some get created, but it depends on a fluent market: People getting the artifact, people crafting it and then people using/lossing it.
      Economy is fascinating, but you should not assume that any particular activity will "meltdown" how it works because, is just too big to work like that. And if 8.3 mp stop beign mandatory for any reason, regular 8.3 prices will catch up to be profitable as it is, since the only reason why for example regular 8.3 light crossbow is so cheap, is because there are A LOT of people crafting them to get MP, so there are insane ammounts of regular 8.3 in existance.

GABUMON WINS
      FLAWLESS VICTORY
      FATALATY....
    • Actually, it's not. I feel most of the people who hate on HCE are the ones who never got past T6 to see how hard the upper ones are to do. People in estabilished guilds with specced up builds who are crying because they don't get any weak noobs to come so they can kill them. What other reason is there to hate on the fact that other people will get specs and money to spend on gear, and then use that gear to come and fight you? I mean, more gear for you if you're good? More content?

The thing is: It's content for people who don't want to go out and deal with your toxic bullshit [because as far as open world idea is cool and I personally play for it, it also wakes up the most shit side of people], who want to play the game after a stressful day and have some relax WHILE still preparing themselves with fame and silver for going for the endgame content [Black zones / ZvZ and all that]. Remove that kind of content completely, or nerf it to the ground and what do you think will happen? The players who DON'T want to go to the pvp zones for whatever reason will just decide to go? No, they will piss on your changes, and they will go and play a game that lets them have the content they want. Not everyone is a spot-facet fat teenager who can stay online all day and be competitive, and needs some "denger" feelings in a game to spide up his life.

You could say "good, its pvp game, its open world, let them go" - but the consequences in that would touch your little asses as well. Less players, less "targets", less economic incentive to buy T8.3 MP items you drop [because who do you think will buy these for a few hundred mil to just go and risk it in open world?] and less activity in general. You would just cut off a big portion of players interested in that kind of activities, and make them simply pop a finger at the game and go find another one, there are plenty.

If someone is interested in endgame [blackzones, big PVP, ganking, whatever] the more freedom we have to pick our path to that [like how do we make the fame / silver necessary to participate in those], the more people will be interested in doing that. Else we will get people who join, go to the blackzones [because there won't be another way to progress] and then get kicked around by estabilished guilds / gankers and say fuck it, and then quit.

Don't get me wrong - I don't give a damn about what they nerf, I solo group dungeons and get more silver and fame from that than you do in HCE / black zone randoms or whatever, just do keep in mind that you little shitters who hate on the HCE and all would also get a backslap to your faces if it was removed [and then you'd cry the game is dying and why is it so boohooo]. So stop being little jealous forum fighters and actually go and try to do a T15 ot T16, and THEN talk how it's "easy silver" and "should be nerfed more". [and do enjoy your repair costs]

Like, hey - maybe we should completely remove or nerf the economy [marketplace / trading] because those trader people are using it to get loads of silver! Oh, and they also use MAMMOTHS! Let's nerf those. And make them unable to go thru only blue zones, force them to pass red zones too. And ban people who just stand by the market and do trading because they depopulate the open world and never go out.

Get some fucking brains people.
      Ave!

The post was edited 2 times, last by Koszatniczek ().

• Koszatniczek wrote:

Actually, it's not. I feel most of the people who hate on HCE are the ones who never got past T6 to see how hard the upper ones are to do.

The thing is: It's content for people who don't want to go out and deal with your toxic bullshit [because as far as open world idea is cool and I personally play for it, it also wakes up the most shit side of people], who want to play the game after a stressful day and have some relax WHILE still preparing themselves with fame and silver for going for the endgame content [Black zones / ZvZ and all that]. Remove that kind of content completely, or nerf it to the ground and what do you think will happen? The players who DON'T want to go to the pvp zones for whatever reason will just decide to go? No, they will piss on your changes, and they will go and play a game that lets them have the content they want. Not everyone is a spot-facet fat teenager who can stay online all day and be competitive, and needs some "denger" feelings in a game to spide up his life.

You could say "good, its pvp game, its open world, let them go" - but the consequences in that would touch your little asses as well. Less players, less "targets", less economic incentive to buy T8.3 MP items you drop [because who do you think will buy these for a few hundred mil to just go and risk it in open world?] and less activity in general. You would just cut off a big portion of players interested in that kind of activities, and make them simply pop a finger at the game and go find another one, there are plenty.

If someone is interested in endgame [blackzones, big PVP, ganking, whatever] the more freedom we have to pick our path to that [like how do we make the fame / silver necessary to participate in those], the more people will be interested in doing that. Else we will get people who join, go to the blackzones [because there won't be another way to progress] and then get kicked around by estabilished guilds / gankers and say fuck it, and then quit.

Don't get me wrong - I don't give a damn about what they nerf, I solo group dungeons and get more silver and fame from that than you do in HCE / black zone randoms or whatever, just do keep in mind that you little shitters who hate on the HCE and all would also get a backslap to your faces if it was removed [and then you'd cry the game is dying and why is it so boohooo]. So stop being little jealous forum fighters and actually go and try to do a T15 ot T16, and THEN talk how it's "easy silver" and "should be nerfed more". [and do enjoy your repair costs]

Like, hey - maybe we should completely remove or nerf the economy [marketplace / trading] because those trader people are using it to get loads of silver! Oh, and they also use MAMMOTHS! Let's nerf those. And make them unable to go thru only blue zones, force them to pass red zones too. And ban people who just stand by the market and do trading because they depopulate the open world and never go out.

Get some fucking brains people.
      If HCE is for relax. Remove all Reward and do it only for enjoyment. Problem Solve. Today Arena is for enjoy and nobody wants nerf them. HCE is a broken mechanics for carebear players.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Creammy ().

• Reading these posts frantically trying to justify the existence of HCE is pretty hilarious not gonna lie.

HCE has absolutely no place in Albion. It's a full loot, open world MMORPG.

Even after the 25% nerf, HCE is still by far the biggest silver printer in the entire game.

HCE players are so hilariously disconnected with reality, it's actually sad. Nerf is bad for the market? HCE is literally the single most destructive thing to the market in the entire game. It prints silver in the billions, and your gear doesn't trash.

I'm of the opinion that this game should offer some kind of fun content for people who aren't into PvP, but this ain't it.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Evas_Flarelight: Please keep your posts civil. I took out the insult in this post. ().

• Creammy wrote:

If HCE is for relax. Remove all Reward and do it only for enjoyment. Problem Solve. Today Arena is for enjoy and nobody wants nerf them. HCE is a broken mechanics for carebear players.
      You don't need to strip away all rewards from it. Since is true you need to invest to play them (the maps and the gear), and you have some associated risks (not "harcore risks" as one should spect), is important for it to still give rewards. Maybe for a better market stimulus change some of the current silver reward with extra tokens, like, minus 50% floor silver rewards, and add brackets to get more Royal Sigils. For example, if a map is 30 min to close and 15 min for new map, for each min you do it before the 15 min mark, you get one or so extra sigils. That way, it becomes more competitive and rewards with an unique asset that will have to follow market rules.
      For instance, if they nerf the silver by 50% a lvl 18 map with no deaths will be worth about 4 million for the whole team, or about 800k each before credit fame, and current map prices stand at about 2 mil per map so it would be more like 400k profit per map, minus food minus poisons. Not very impressive but doable if they have incentives to do it better and better.
      No activities should have no rewards, lets make that very clear, since even gathering logs in a city or blue zone has some profit, even if its very slim.
    • People won't do pointless stuff only for relax. They want to feel they also are getting towards the endgame fun somehow - arenas are completely different - you practice PVP fights against other players, and get the feeling of "winning" even if there is no reward. HCE without rewards would be simply mindlessly grinding the same stuff over and over, against AI - noone's gonna do that. And back to my point - if people won't do their stuff in here [relaxing farm for specs / silver] they will go and look for that in another game. And then you will see what "depopulation" means.

The best way would be to balance everything WHILE still giving players many choices about how they want to spend their time, and all of those being able to lead them to the endgame [ZvZ], so a slight nerf sounds okayish as long as it doesn't completely negate any gains they get from doing the activity. But balancing is not an easy thing - I'm speaking as a game dev here. There will always be people crying it's "too hard", and people crying "it's too little, nerf it more", no avoiding that. One must be really ignorant and simple to just scream "remove all gains because it's too safe", and proves he just doesn't understand the dynamics of this at all. The kind of person who just enjoys sitting in a spot all day and murdering weaker players who try to pass, then shitting at them and calling their mom things.

You want fair fight and PVP content? You think you can defeat someone with your skill, not just because he lacks in specs / gear? Then just bloody let them get their specs and gear the way THEY want. It's a game, it's supposed to be fun not work or frustrating.
      Ave!