why are swords getting nerfed?

    • Because they are way too strong ? Either way, the nerf is 3% movement speed and attack speed per heroic stack.

      However, they are also getting their Q buffed with reduced hit delay and standtime, which in turn increases their attack and movement speed in a sense.

      Considering the purpose of movement and attack speed is so that swords can stay on target and deal additional damage, 12% movement and attack speed was far too generous. Now with these changes, it makes sense. It´s still pretty darn stronk
      My YT channel - Solo greataxe killing everything https://www.youtube.com/user/DhaosNK/video=7
    • Because SBI doesn't play their own game, is 3 months behind on the meta, and didn't realize yet that swords are already garbage and got pushed out by other melees in pretty much every type of content Albion has to offer.


      Also PvE players crying, because outside of Carving being ok for small scale, the last place where swords are viable is diving dungeons/ava chests, coz swords still have enough power to kill PvE sets, and movement speed makes them hard to escape, easy to mop up all those lootbags running away. Notice that devs are also nerfing bear paws, which are just as garbage as swords right now, for the exact same reason. In this game it doesnt matter whether something is strong or trash, Retroman nerfing/buffing things is purely dependent on how many crying posts from salty carebears he sees.
    • It is a mistery, since It was buffed from 10 to 12% some patchs ago. I dont know if It Will have major impact, but swords are still in good shape i think.

      SHRlKE wrote:

      Because SBI doesn't play their own game, is 3 months behind on the meta, and didn't realize yet that swords are already garbage and got pushed out by other melees in pretty much every type of content Albion has to offer.


      Also PvE players crying, because outside of Carving being ok for small scale, the last place where swords are viable is diving dungeons/ava chests, coz swords still have enough power to kill PvE sets, and movement speed makes them hard to escape, easy to mop up all those lootbags running away. Notice that devs are also nerfing bear paws, which are just as garbage as swords right now, for the exact same reason. In this game it doesnt matter whether something is strong or trash, Retroman nerfing/buffing things is purely dependent on how many crying posts from salty carebears he sees.
      I agree...swords are becoming weird. Good, but not enough for competitive. Galatines viability is questionable, after so much nerfs in aoe escalation and a direct nerf in galatines. Axes are better at 5x5 content(Crystal and hg). Still there are some grounds for swords, hg 2x2 and corrupted. Not the best, but still competitive.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Tomperon ().

    • SHRlKE wrote:

      Because SBI doesn't play their own game, is 3 months behind on the meta, and didn't realize yet that swords are already garbage and got pushed out by other melees in pretty much every type of content Albion has to offer.


      Also PvE players crying, because outside of Carving being ok for small scale, the last place where swords are viable is diving dungeons/ava chests, coz swords still have enough power to kill PvE sets, and movement speed makes them hard to escape, easy to mop up all those lootbags running away. Notice that devs are also nerfing bear paws, which are just as garbage as swords right now, for the exact same reason. In this game it doesnt matter whether something is strong or trash, Retroman nerfing/buffing things is purely dependent on how many crying posts from salty carebears he sees.
      I disagree. Swords are already quite strong. Carving still viable as ever, a must for small scale content. Claymore works fine as ever in CD and blah blah.
      The bear paws nearf is rather low, and i tested it on test server and standtime seems reduced according to fast attack speed, so it´s not that much of a deal. Also, bear paws were always bad. They aren´t a good weapon anyway.
      My YT channel - Solo greataxe killing everything https://www.youtube.com/user/DhaosNK/video=7
    • sure, swords aren't weak, but do they deserve a nerf? they aren't overpowered in any content, what made them to nerf swords?
      swords are absolute crap to gank.
      it's good in 2s (specifically with a healer) but there is another weapons (deathgivers, 1h cursed, carioncaller, etc...) that do as good as claymore in 2s.
      in 5s, carving sword is pretty decent, but not overpowered.
      in 1v1's it's bullshit, most of people that start playing with sword eventually drop the weapon and start playing with some overpowered shit like chillhowl, 1h frost, quatterstaff, 1h dagger one-shot, etc...
      at zvz's swords are almost dead, galatines were nerfed to oblivion and there is only clarent blade as a viable option to play in large-scale content.
    • Borbarad wrote:

      I disagree. Swords are already quite strong. Carving still viable as ever, a must for small scale content. Claymore works fine as ever in CD and blah blah.
      Oh no! One of the swords is still viable in small scale! And another one is mid-tier option in niche 1v1 content! Must nerf them!



      Meanwhile crossbow/frost being S tier in pretty much every single type of content Albion has to offer, since forever, remain untouched.
    • Borbarad wrote:

      SHRlKE wrote:

      Because SBI doesn't play their own game, is 3 months behind on the meta, and didn't realize yet that swords are already garbage and got pushed out by other melees in pretty much every type of content Albion has to offer.


      Also PvE players crying, because outside of Carving being ok for small scale, the last place where swords are viable is diving dungeons/ava chests, coz swords still have enough power to kill PvE sets, and movement speed makes them hard to escape, easy to mop up all those lootbags running away. Notice that devs are also nerfing bear paws, which are just as garbage as swords right now, for the exact same reason. In this game it doesnt matter whether something is strong or trash, Retroman nerfing/buffing things is purely dependent on how many crying posts from salty carebears he sees.
      I disagree. Swords are already quite strong. Carving still viable as ever, a must for small scale content. Claymore works fine as ever in CD and blah blah.The bear paws nearf is rather low, and i tested it on test server and standtime seems reduced according to fast attack speed, so it´s not that much of a deal. Also, bear paws were always bad. They aren´t a good weapon anyway.
      I think there is a misundertanding in game mechanics here. When you use Q, you have Q stand time+auto atack delay before you can do an auto atack. Because of this chaining auto atacks and Q with lower base speed weapons is harder(like spears)

      Example:
      Lunge strike 0,2s stand time
      Spear 2 atacks per second
      To do an auto atack after Q you will need 0,7 seconds.(those numbers arent accurate, just throwin numbers to make an example)

      You can test battleaxe vs bear paws("pre-nerf"), you will see battleaxe will atack faster after Q than bearpaws.
      Another test you can do is with any spear. Lunge strike have a 0,2 stand time(i think), you can cast skills nearly instantly before Q, but you cant unleash an auto atack that fast, because as i said you need the stand time(0,2 in this case)+auto atack delay. When you do Q, the system counts like you did a auto atack plus the Q stand time.

      The post was edited 8 times, last by Tomperon ().

    • I'm new to the game so I shouldn't really speak in this topics, however I can't decide what to main so I'm trying a lot of different weapons at a time. Claymore/Carving feel good in small scale and claymore is pretty good in 1v1 situations, however the Q-auto delay makes connecting to the target a little bit difficult, as soon as you get charges you will have no problem, but that makes you very fast for other weapons to catch up.

      If I understood correctly, the changes they are making are going to help you get your damage faster when you connect to the target, while making swords less of a problem when kiting/chasing.

      PS: @Zoream I was trying spears as much as swords, but I didn't feel they were that good, why are they? The dps was pretty good, but didn't seem I dealed dmg fast enough in 1v1 situations and for 5v5 I do a lot of dmg when not focused, but otherwise my damage output is way lower due to kiting/cc, meanwhile some other classes that rely more on cooldowns don't feel from that so much. Any clarification or tips about this would be awesome.
    • xTalx wrote:

      pinto wrote:

      sure, swords aren't weak, but do they deserve a nerf? they aren't overpowered in any content, what made them to nerf swords?
      swords are absolute crap to gank.
      it's good in 2s (specifically with a healer) but there is another weapons (deathgivers, 1h cursed, carioncaller, etc...) that do as good as claymore in 2s.
      in 5s, carving sword is pretty decent, but not overpowered.
      in 1v1's it's bullshit, most of people that start playing with sword eventually drop the weapon and start playing with some overpowered shit like chillhowl, 1h frost, quatterstaff, 1h dagger one-shot, etc...
      at zvz's swords are almost dead, galatines were nerfed to oblivion and there is only clarent blade as a viable option to play in large-scale content.
      why tf nerf galatines seriously? why?
      The major nerf comes from aoe escalation reduce and other item mechanics. If a galatine clap isnt doing enough damage It make the weapon meaningless. I dont play galatines... I dont play zvz at all, but the damage cut in clap is notable.
    • Zoream wrote:

      Hattenhair wrote:

      About time for spears to rise from the 2 year old grave they were put into by the mobility meta.
      Spears are good atm....
      lol what?
      Bugged skills
      Bad synergy with armors and passives
      Half of skills are “autoattack” based like Qs boosting aa and passives based on dmg and attack speed but you can’t properly use autoattack builds with half of weapons because of bad design of “skills-autos” synergy like different range etc
      You have attacks dmg/speed boost and slow on 1st Q but you can’t use it properly via bad synergy
      Purging Daybreaker E is reflectable
      Etc etc
      There’s a bunch of working builds but in general Spears are joke for now
      There are much better options to play for any IG content
    • a little buff in dmg is needed atleast
      the q dmg is shit compared to other weapons
      swords are falling too much this is becoming a mage game

      btw swords are a friendly/easy weapon this is why people use it but it dont excell in nothing

      in my opinion it should be the weapon with lower cooldowns of the game and this will take them to a nice place
      or they can add a better bleeding passive this can be helpful too

      the best ridiculous thing is that in 1 vs 1 ranged or mages can ignore your dmg and tank you if you havve a sword lol
    • Cyrok wrote:

      a little buff in dmg is needed atleast
      the q dmg is shit compared to other weapons
      swords are falling too much this is becoming a mage game

      btw swords are a friendly/easy weapon this is why people use it but it dont excell in nothing

      in my opinion it should be the weapon with lower cooldowns of the game and this will take them to a nice place
      or they can add a better bleeding passive this can be helpful too

      the best ridiculous thing is that in 1 vs 1 ranged or mages can ignore your dmg and tank you if you havve a sword lol
      You play some other game or some other swords nobody seen before
      Nobody could ignore or facetank right played sword in 1v1
      Even heavy armor users need to outplay and kite
      Swords are one of most used CD weapons exactly because very high dmg
    • kheeta wrote:

      Cyrok wrote:

      a little buff in dmg is needed atleast
      the q dmg is shit compared to other weapons
      swords are falling too much this is becoming a mage game

      btw swords are a friendly/easy weapon this is why people use it but it dont excell in nothing

      in my opinion it should be the weapon with lower cooldowns of the game and this will take them to a nice place
      or they can add a better bleeding passive this can be helpful too

      the best ridiculous thing is that in 1 vs 1 ranged or mages can ignore your dmg and tank you if you havve a sword lol
      You play some other game or some other swords nobody seen beforeNobody could ignore or facetank right played sword in 1v1
      Even heavy armor users need to outplay and kite
      Swords are one of most used CD weapons exactly because very high dmg
      wtf reeally?
      compare it to daggers,xbow,bow,cursed staff,fire staff even axe now and come talk again xd