A spear is an attractive weapon, but lacks a unique identity.

• A spear is an attractive weapon, but lacks a unique identity.

Axe-dot damage melee weapon / Sword-melee weapon strong against one shot / Dagger-high damage weapon(with low health bonus)

But what kind of identity does spear have?

The spear is an attractive weapon, but it has a failed weapon design, as it were copied from other melee weapons.
      Therefore, I propose the following new skills

Q – Spirit Spear(Change): Increases movement speed (B)% attack speed (C)% for (A)seconds. Each normal attack adds a Spear Charge.

W-Cripple(Delete)

Glaive-Fling(Deleted)

New Skill <Cripple>: Inflicts damage (A) in a 120 degree cone-shaped radius. Enemies attacked lose their movement speed buff and are slowed by (C)% for (B) seconds.

Pike – Rooting Smash(Deleted)
      New Skill <Unnamed>: All normal attacks penetrate the target for (A)seconds and (B)deal additional damage. (Like Lugging Strike)

Day breaker-Break through (Changed): Enemies that are pierced now lose all buffs and are pushed aside and slowed(A)%
      or they are pushed back through the spear. (Like Onslaught)
      or LOL's Sion R skill, you can control in the direction of the mouse cursor while using a skill

now It is no longer a fake claymore or useless weapon to spear. It allows to have a new identity.

In the middle of the enemy, make the enemy slow
      With a strong buff like a bow, you can deal a multiple targets
      Block enemies who used knight helmets by charging with a spear and shield

The post was edited 1 time, last by Sadism ().

• Sadism wrote:

Axe-dot damage melee weapon / Sword-melee weapon strong against one shot / Dagger-high damage weapon(with low health bonus)
      I wouldnt say it´s like that. Weapon balance is a bit odd.

Of all these weapons, axes have the lowest survability by far due to lack of iframes, mobility, and defensive abilities. Daggers got mobility on Q, E, invulnerability on W, and possibly off hand ( taproot), which grants them insane mobility.

Generally, daggers got highest survability, while swords have medium survability, and axes has lowest survability.

As for spears and axes, they just lack constant mobility to stay on target. That´s their biggest issue. If they had it, it would be a different story. The new axe Q kinda helps with that, so we will see. Spears will have some buffs as well, so that could be interesting. And spears got slow as well, but it doesn´t seem enough - though the grapple on W makes up for it.

The spears right now aren´t bad, it´s more that people just dont know they are good., and few people can play them. And with the upcoming buff, they could be even more interesting.

Like look at this dude, he melts people in corrupted :D
      My YT channel - Solo greataxe killing everything https://www.youtube.com/user/DhaosNK/video=7
    • 1)Slow passive/1st Q slow should be higher
      2)Should be fixed bunch of bugs with spears
      3)All spears should not lose stacks via E using
      4)Forest of spears should be static like it is but you should have ability to rotate the AoE 360’
      This changes would make spears playable
    • Spear have a lot of identity... jack of all trades, master of none ... it is a unique weapon at melee tree with semi ranged skills, CC and mobility. What is a fail in spears are poor w skills, also Q needs some adjustments lunge strike animation is too long, at melee range you always lose because you cant connect Q+basic atacks like other melee weapons. And spirit spears serves only for one build...
    • Spears are in a fun state currently, I feel like they do have a strong identity and that is poke damage and high mobility. some spears (heron) can be built burst damage heavy but all spears excel at dipping in and out of combat. They are high mobility with low but sustained damage. I would like to see no spear Es use stacks but other than that I am happy with them as a spear player
    • Spears have strongest identity xD

Just suggest additional Q ability and making this topic might have a sense :P

my example for additional Q

Throw spear in parabola line which hit target in selected area (like impaler w skill) and gain spirit charge which increase movement speed by 5% and equally reducing target movement speed, stacking to 3times
    • Qolkkalom wrote:

Spears have strongest identity xD

Just suggest additional Q ability and making this topic might have a sense :P

my example for additional Q

Throw spear in parabola line which hit target in selected area (like impaler w skill) and gain spirit charge which increase movement speed by 5% and equally reducing target movement speed, stacking to 3times
      just make autoattack range the same like 1st Q range and fix bunch of bugs and spears would shine
    • I dont know about all this to be honest, I think people just critically misunderstand spears.

I play spears both solo in a leather build and am able to regularly take 1vX fights and win the majority of them

I play Heron spear in a duo with a healer and we fight incredibly outnumbered and win the majority of our fights

Spirit hunter actually claps right now and is an amazing addition to any small group and can combo ridiculously well with mistpiercer, wailing or Energy shaper in zvz / 20v20

With the new auto attack buffs I think glaive will be an amazing option for 2v2 again to break the iron root links

Pike is crazy strong in any gank group

Trinity is an amazing option to boost dps in PVE though seems to be somewhat lacking in pvp due to the incredibly long jump time

and finally the Daybreaker is incredibly in 1v1 and has a huge amount of utility in small group fights if used correctly

Here is a youtube video with some heron spear stuff, and you can hop into my twitch if you wanna see me play 1H spear solo almost any day I stream.
      Hop on in to my Discord and Twitch ^^
    • Khladraven wrote:

I dont know about all this to be honest, I think people just critically misunderstand spears.

I play spears both solo in a leather build and am able to regularly take 1vX fights and win the majority of them

I play Heron spear in a duo with a healer and we fight incredibly outnumbered and win the majority of our fights

Spirit hunter actually claps right now and is an amazing addition to any small group and can combo ridiculously well with mistpiercer, wailing or Energy shaper in zvz / 20v20

With the new auto attack buffs I think glaive will be an amazing option for 2v2 again to break the iron root links

Pike is crazy strong in any gank group

Trinity is an amazing option to boost dps in PVE though seems to be somewhat lacking in pvp due to the incredibly long jump time

and finally the Daybreaker is incredibly in 1v1 and has a huge amount of utility in small group fights if used correctly

Here is a youtube video with some heron spear stuff, and you can hop into my twitch if you wanna see me play 1H spear solo almost any day I stream.
      What you’ll say about Daybreaker E is reflectable while should purge all buffs?
      Daybreaker E is interrupted by knockbacks while should be immune to all CC
      What’s your thoughts about 1st Q range/autoattack range comparison on 1h spears?
    • Spear maybe can have some add in autoatack range, but i dont think It is a issue.

Spears cant conect well q+auto atack because of the atack speed. Lunge strike already have a Very low stand time(0,2s). I would prefer scale down damage for atack speed than more range, like sbi did to hammer and axe. Also this could Help more passive synergie.

Edit: you want a invincible e for daybreaker...Bro It is Op.
    • Tomperon wrote:

Spear maybe can have some add in autoatack range, but i dont think It is a issue.

Spears cant conect well q+auto atack because of the atack speed. Lunge strike already have a Very low stand time(0,2s). I would prefer scale down damage for atack speed than more range, like sbi did to hammer and axe. Also this could Help more passive synergie.

in tests where enemy is close enough- all is ok
      That stand time is not an issue
      The main thing is to small autoattack range on “semi range” weapon
      Today 1v1 meta is all about kiting/ resetting/ gap closers/ sustain etc
      And only that auto range makes spears out of that meta standard

About Daybreaker OPness
      It shouldn’t give invincibility like I-frame that would rly be OP
      But if it purges buffs- it should purge all types of buffs the same way
      That’s silly that you firstly take dmg from reflect and only then - purge it
      It destroys all point of purging it isn’t it?

Cc resist is another silly moment
      If it’s intended to resist “all cc” why knockbacks breaking its cast?
    • ImaDoki wrote:

Spear is perfectly fine, thanks.
      no it’s not
      Spears got rly unneeded buffs with yesterday’s update
      That would make already OKish builds OP
      But wouldn’t effect on underpowered ones
      Several updates after we’ll see great spears nerf because everyone and his mother would play glaive now
      And that nerf would touch all weapon line not only OP ones and that’ll kill the weapon
    • Tomperon wrote:

Spear maybe can have some add in autoatack range, but i dont think It is a issue.

not OP since is the weakest AVALONIAN melee weapon. Ok, perhaps toe to toe with kingmaker, but cause kingmaker is weird and not as good as carving and Claymore.
    • kheeta wrote:

What you’ll say about Daybreaker E is reflectable while should purge all buffs?Daybreaker E is interrupted by knockbacks while should be immune to all CC
      What’s your thoughts about 1st Q range/autoattack range comparison on 1h spears?
      - Purge is done after the damage, as it is the damage that purges, so makes sense and is more than balanced.
      - It says immune to all crowd control effects, I am not sure this intends to include displacement effects? They are no so clear with their wording, but the cast time is the uninterruptible component.
      - I don't believe the auto range should be the same as the Q range. The Q is a strong, AOE damaging component that slows and assists in kiting/chasing target with your autos. The range is there to help you facilitate auto damage, not to set a marker for effective range.
      Hop on in to my Discord and Twitch ^^
    • Khladraven wrote:

kheeta wrote:

What you’ll say about Daybreaker E is reflectable while should purge all buffs?Daybreaker E is interrupted by knockbacks while should be immune to all CC
      - Purge is done after the damage, as it is the damage that purges, so makes sense and is more than balanced.- It says immune to all crowd control effects, I am not sure this intends to include displacement effects? They are no so clear with their wording, but the cast time is the uninterruptible component.
      - I don't believe the auto range should be the same as the Q range. The Q is a strong, AOE damaging component that slows and assists in kiting/chasing target with your autos. The range is there to help you facilitate auto damage, not to set a marker for effective range.
      Why it first take dmg from reflect only then purge interacting with Retaliate
      While when you use E vs mage robe Purging shield you DONT purge yourself first, you just purging it!
      Retaliate is the one buff that works that way- you first take enemy buff effect and only than purging it

About knockbacks
      All other spells if says “all cc” are immune to al cc including displacement (like heavy helm)
      If buff is vulnerable to some of them - we see appropriate text (like grave boots etc)
      So there’s either bug or wrong text

About range
      Isn’t 1h spears the one weapon that have such great different Q/auto range?
      On 2h it is almost the same
      On every weapon in whole game they are comparable
      1h spear and Daybreaker are only weapons that have auto range x3 smaller then Q range

The post was edited 1 time, last by kheeta ().