New Q on axes seems nice, though the jump range is wrong

• New Q on axes seems nice, though the jump range is wrong

Good job, the new Q from the first look seems to be pretty nice.

The only problematic thing a bit is that it has right high jump time upon final strike, and that the range of leap is different - it´s not 9m, but rather 6m. It hits 9m, but character only moves like 6m.
      Other than that, it seems alright

The post was edited 1 time, last by Borbarad ().

• kheeta wrote:

New Q makes Q stucking to fast and easy
      We’ll see tons of battle axe “forever full hp” runners
      Seems to OP
      nah, it´s not that strong. Against the cloth, it should be however rather interesting. Broadsword offers far too more utility and deals way more damage, while battle axe provides leech, which should rather shine against cloth. We will see i suppose.

If the Q jump animation will be reduced, now that could change probably a lot to axes. I didn´t test it, but if you can hit the enemy after he uses his shoots to root him - that could be preeeetty dank. Not sure if you can do it before the animation ends.

Either way, Q is nice. Hope axes will finally have a chance in CD with this.
    • Borbarad wrote:

only issue with new axe q is that the range is not 9m, but more like 6m. The ability hits 9m, but character moves to 6m, which isnt much in terms of mobility.
      and the first 2 activations have a little cast time, so this new ability will be just for fun, i think. I will keep using single target Q for corrupted pvp and area damage Q for PVE. With my build i could make the Q with 1.5 sec cd and the battleaxe E (on test server, with the new change) less than 8 seconds. Also the W with 14 seconds and the boots from 30 sec to something like 23, so it's good mobility, damage and sustain.
    • new q is a meme, with these standtimes and the busted jump you're better off just walking and autohitting. i don't know how they could work for months on that, announce it with that swollen text and come up with something so laughable in the end. maybe it was the creators little brothers 8th grade 2month internship project or something
    • Colt14 wrote:

new q is a meme, with these standtimes and the busted jump you're better off just walking and autohitting. i don't know how they could work for months on that, announce it with that swollen text and come up with something so laughable in the end. maybe it was the creators little brothers 8th grade 2month internship project or something
      wtf are you talking about? The skill is awesome. I dont know where you see "standtime" here I dont know values, but it seems like 0,2 or 0,3, It is like any other melee Q or better. Also the jump animation is Very fast. What i dont like about It is the cooldowns, i would prefer 2s between each phase than 1s/1s/6s. Jump cooldown is too high i think.
    • The problem with the axe line, as someone who has 400/500 in almost and played axes since the beginning of albion, is that some of the, what should be, better axes like infernal scythe and bear paws are outshined by the greataxe, battleaxe and carrioncaller.

Greataxe used to be a top tier weapon in open-world and dominated, I'm not sure of it's relevance now but it is still better than all of those axes in terms of damage AND mobility. The battleaxe is hugely powerful in 1v1 close-quarters-combat. The carrioncaller is a very uniquely powerful weapon with anti-healing and I think that should stay.

The trident, paws and infernal scythe struggle to find a place and have for a very long time. I enjoy the small scale PVP that the scythe has but it feels like it needs less delay on the 'E' in the current state of the game. The bear paws are alright with the jump on the 'E' and I like the direct of the true-damage bleed on the 'E'. I think both the infernal scythe and bear paws could use a buff to make them used even a little bit by those interested and I think the answer relies on true-damage bleed(s) in one form or another like on infernal bleeding as a counter to kite builds in that landing those 'E's should feel very powerful and impactful towards a fight where they do not feel that great with the kits of other weaponlines.

The reason the axe line is even playable at a decent level is because of the double merc jacket which makes other builds overpowered which is the crux of the axe line, using their bleeds to heal with the bloodlust regeneration. If that is nerfed, good bye axes.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Sythe ().

• Sythe wrote:

The problem with the axe line, as someone who has 400/500 in almost and played axes since the beginning of albion, is that some of the, what should be, better axes like infernal scythe and bear paws are outshined by the greataxe, battleaxe and carrioncaller.

Greataxe used to be a top tier weapon in open-world and dominated, I'm not sure of it's relevance now but it is still better than all of those axes in terms of damage AND mobility. The battleaxe is hugely powerful in 1v1 close-quarters-combat. The carrioncaller is a very uniquely powerful weapon with anti-healing and I think that should stay.

The trident, paws and infernal scythe struggle to find a place and have for a very long time. I enjoy the small scale PVP that the scythe has but it feels like it needs less delay on the 'E' in the current state of the game. The bear paws are alright with the jump on the 'E' and I like the direct of the true-damage bleed on the 'E'. I think both the infernal scythe and bear paws could use a buff to make them used even a little bit by those interested and I think the answer relies on true-damage bleed(s) in one form or another like on infernal bleeding as a counter to kite builds in that landing those 'E's should feel very powerful and impactful towards a fight where they do not feel that great with the kits of other weaponlines.

The reason the axe line is even playable at a decent level is because of the double merc jacket which makes other builds overpowered which is the crux of the axe line, using their bleeds to heal with the bloodlust regeneration. If that is nerfed, good bye axes.
      The new Q is not so bad, but the standtime is horrible after landing, jump is a tad slow, and it says 9m range, but it´s 6-7m range actually. That´s pretty bad in terms of mobility. If it was at least those full 9m, it wouldn´t be too bad.

Greatxe is nice, that´s for sure - but absolutely easily destroyed with anyone who has brain. Against noobs or as meme, it´s great -but against anyone proficient, it´s no good.

Bear paws were, and are useless. Even after fix, it´s shit. And you say true damage is nice ? Sure. But the bleed doesn´t scale with IP. 4.0 bear paws make same damage with bleed as 8.3, making bear paws a total joke.

Infernal scythe ain´t bad, as you can make some fun combos with it, but now that avalonian axe was buffed, it´s much better than scythe, as it deals similar damage, and without bleed.

Battleaxe might be rather interesting in 1 v 1 now, and that´s about it.

Mer jacket wont be nerfed, because it´s 1 minute CD, which is way too much anyway.

Just make the axe to be 9m at least, the leap, and i am good with that - even with the standtime etc. Oh, and it would deserve cooldown reduction from food and refreshing sprint, not sure it counts with the Q.