Please instead of removing siege camps totally turn them into the new banks.

• Please instead of removing siege camps totally turn them into the new banks.

Instead of moving items and losing great spots to bank items for some players wouldn't it be much better to simply replace the siege camps with the new banks, Why remove them at all? The more storage people have in the open world the more it keeps the hideout need down. If there are more banks then we may not see 1000 hideouts for each guild. I think you should very much consider replacing them and keeping a bank in the current siege camp zones just with the new look to fit the no more launching.

PS. It also creates content at theses locations fights/maybe even make a friend player interaction is the point basically you have that chance to run into a player where as hideouts you just run inside and are totally safe. They are kinda like POE's and we need more not less places to find players in the open world itself.

The post was edited 3 times, last by Neef ().

• @Thorn-Delwyn

I'd like to contest this post.

Banks in the outlands is a mistake. Warcamps made sense pre-hideout. Today? Not so much.

The black zones is the endgame of Albion's core philosophy open world, full loot PvP MMORPG sandbox.

Note the sandbox part. The black zones is a space in the world guilds and alliances can carve out land for themselves through politics and conquest.

Littering the entire map with banks everyone has access to is extremely antithetical to the game's core values.

The banks should all be deleted from the game. At the very least, the local governing alliance should be able to determine if they want the banks to be available or not (or a permission system). One alliance may own all the surrounding zones with an iron hand, but strangers can just walk up and bank shit in the middle of their main zone? Yeah, no. Public banks don't generate more content; they remove content. Players gank in enemy zones and immediately bank the loot, so they don't lose it. Actually such a dumb system.

Sometimes I wish SBI had at least one dev that gave a shit and isn't trying to turn this game into WoW.

The post was edited 5 times, last by Phosphia ().

• Thorn-Delwyn wrote:

Thank you for your feedback and I am happy to tell you that this is exactly what we are going to do.

Siege camps in Black zones will become black market banks.

Only siege camps in the red zone will get removed without a replacement.

Best regards,
      Thorn
      Hope you are thinking about adding more banks around middle of the black zone, for what is the point of there being no banks , since there is no special or better kind of content or points of interests ?
      My YT channel - Solo greataxe killing everything https://www.youtube.com/user/DhaosNK/video=7
    • Phosphia wrote:

There is aboslutely 0 reason for the black zones to have even a single bank.

Creammy wrote:

i agree with Phosphia
      That´s fine. You just don´t know anything about the game - or you are in arch.

There needs to be banks around the middle, since they are all over BZ. If they are not around middle -Why ?
      My YT channel - Solo greataxe killing everything https://www.youtube.com/user/DhaosNK/video=7
    • Borbarad wrote:

Phosphia wrote:

There is aboslutely 0 reason for the black zones to have even a single bank.

Creammy wrote:

i agree with Phosphia
      That´s fine. You just don´t know anything about the game - or you are in arch.
      There needs to be banks around the middle, since they are all over BZ. If they are not around middle -Why ?
      There is nothing I don't know about this game.

Banks shouldn't exist anywhere in the outlands, so that isn't a good reason to put them in the middle either.
    • Phosphia wrote:

@Thorn-Delwyn

Banks in the outlands is a mistake. Warcamps made sense pre-hideout. Today? Not so much.

The black zones is the endgame of Albion's core philosophy open world, full loot PvP MMORPG sandbox.

Note the sandbox part. The black zones is a space in the world guilds and alliances can carve out land for themselves through politics and conquest.

Littering the entire map with banks everyone has access to is extremely antithetical to the game's core values.

The banks should all be deleted from the game. At the very least, the local governing alliance should be able to determine if they want the banks to be available or not (or a permission system). One alliance may own all the surrounding zones with an iron hand, but strangers can just walk up and bank shit in the middle of their main zone? Yeah, no. Public banks don't generate more content; they remove content. Players gank in enemy zones and immediately bank the loot, so they don't lose it. Actually such a dumb system.

Sometimes I wish SBI had at least one dev that gave a shit and isn't trying to turn this game into WoW.
      Looks like someone is malding over some juicy 8.0 gatherers actually escaping from their 20 man gank party :)
      Developer by day, gatherer by night.
    • itslikecsaki wrote:

Phosphia wrote:

@Thorn-Delwyn

Looks like someone is malding over some juicy 8.0 gatherers actually escaping from their 20 man gank party :)
      You know what ? It´s hard to say. That might be true.

But you know what´s funny ? If that is true, then he doesn´t understand that if there were no banks, there would be no gatherers. There would only be gatherers who has access to hideouts nearby and such.

Because nobody is gonna go gather to t8 if there is no option to store stuff. That´s why there are banks. And that is why i wonder why there are no banks around middle of BZ, because people without hideout will simply not go there. What´s the point of going there, if you have no means to store stuff ? I am not gonna go 7 maps deep to kill few people and then 7 map back to store stuff and 7 maps back again . Hell nah bruh. That´s why banks were implemented in BZ in the first place.
    • Thorn-Delwyn wrote:

Only siege camps in the red zone will get removed without a replacement
      You'll force royal groups to bank earlier if they don't want to lose gained loot.
      It'll be dumb to stay in red zone for multiple fights if you're risking extra-loot, it'll result in even more time until fights or moving content from red zones to yellow zones even more.

Guess you're going to add something for FW update?

The post was edited 1 time, last by Maszke ().