Farm Math? Oh Pie...

• Farm Math? Oh Pie...

Hello!

I am looking for help with some Farming math.

Several of my guild mates have donated island plots so that I may utilize them to make Pork Pie for our H.O. in the roads.

Currently, I have 30 farm plots available to me.

I am using 6 for pigs, 2 for Sheep milk, 5 for corn, 7 for wheat, and the rest (10) for Food to feed all the animals.

I am curious if this is the best way to do this and what is the best thing to grow WITH OUT focus to feed the animals?

Looking at the plots, I based it off
      1 Pig plot makes 180 Meat
      1 Sheep plot makes 180 (ish) Milk
      1 Corn plot makes 80 (ish) Corn
      1 Wheat plot makes 80 (ish) Wheat
      1 Food plot makes 80 (ish) Food

The Pork Pie Recipe is
      18 Corn
      36 Flour/Wheat
      72 Meat
      18 Milk

So the plots should make
      400 Corn
      560 Flour/Wheat
      1080 Meat
      360 Milk

1080 Meat lands me at 15 sets of pie. Which means I will need
      270 Corn
      540 Wheat
      270 Milk

Then for Food for animals, I need 720 food to feed.
      Food I should be making 800 ish.

I had been using Potatoes as food because I was given a few hundred to start with, but should I swap to something else? Carrots seem cheaper, but make 0 seeds. Does the seed chance with out focus out weigh using carrots as feed?

If something is wrong with my math or I should change a plot or 2 from corn to something else?

Thankyou for any help or feedback and taking the time to read/comment!
    • I'm not sure about the economics of potatoes versus carrots, but you might improve your pie output a bit in another way.

I see you have an overage of milk and corn in this schema. You can grow more than one thing in a single plot. If you were to grow pigs in three of the positions in one of the plots currently used for milk production (3 for pig, 6 for sheep), and also divide one of the plots used for for corn also (3 for wheat, 6 for corn) you get an extra 2 pies every 2 or 3 days.

Added thought:
      You might just forget about growing the potatoes and also plant those plots in more corn which has an even higher seed production percentage
      Learn something new every day.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Geofors: Added thought ().