Graveguard Boots Need Buff

    • You need to give it at least some actual run speed. Being able to use boots to get through windwall does no good if you cannot actually move any distance while doing so. The target using windwall simply runs further away from you easily after you use your boots to get through the broken windwall every 30 seconds with their better mobility boots. It can be the exact same as run except it is not blocked by movement impairing effects that is fine. Just is useless to have boots for this purpose if they are stuck in the sand anyway.
    • Tabor wrote:

      You need to give it at least some actual run speed. Being able to use boots to get through windwall does no good if you cannot actually move any distance while doing so. The target using windwall simply runs further away from you easily after you use your boots to get through the broken windwall every 30 seconds with their better mobility boots. It can be the exact same as run except it is not blocked by movement impairing effects that is fine. Just is useless to have boots for this purpose if they are stuck in the sand anyway.
      So let's just make them better than every single other boot option in the game again? Sounds like a great idea. Make sure to tag the lead game designer and demand it because you're clearly the expert here and know more than them. Let's just ignore the very obvious fact that in your example the opponent is also using multiple abilities and you're mad you can't counter them with just one. Should we go through the list of abilities you could also be using in that situation to counter it further or is that against the rules because you might actually learn something?

      The fact you don't understand what the problem here actually is surprises me. I expect too much, I guess.
    • Borbarad wrote:

      yep, basic run is 70% for 7 seconds, while graveguard is 40% speed for 5 seconds. That´s just worthless.

      Now if it was 50% speed for 7 seconds, that could be somewhat alright for some builds. Any bit of speed counts.
      So then you'd never use Run because on most boot options it's a directly inferior option instead of something that could have a side-use because the item's main ability isn't a movespeed buff. That isn't how balance works. It's both hilarious and sad that people are trying to comment on balance changes (and tagging in a developer jesus christ what the fuck are you thinking no wonder they don't listen to us) without understanding the basic concepts of balance.

      Is this a concept that actually has to be explained to you because of a lack of understanding? Because look at Focused Run and Battle Frenzy and see how these two abilities differ to make them balanced and viable in different situations without one being clearly mathematically better than the other (like you're both demanding because apparently you don't care about actual balance but rather you want one button answers to everything in the game). The only issue you could make a potential argument for is that one is more useful right now in the current meta than the other, but the change isn't, "make Graveguard Boots the only boot option that is viable again because it's directly better than everything".

      Want an actual suggestion on how to make Battle Frenzy a more attractive choice? Make it so you can't toggle off Focused Run early. Right now if I wanted to counter Black Hands, I could simply wait for the first hit to appear and pop my Focused Run for half a second to absorb the CC effect and go about my day or use it only for as long as I feel it's necessary instead of actually having to weigh in the fact it's a channel and improper timing could result in the enemy abusing the next 4 seconds of me being unable to do anything else. That would make Battle Frenzy a more viable option over Focused Run because the main point of the ability is that you're given less movement speed, but can actively fight during it's duration with a movespeed buff+movement impairing effect immunity.

      There was a reason Graveguard Boots were nerfed, because they were honestly the only boot option you ever needed period. 80% movement speed for 5 seconds while being immune to most CC effects in the game was absurd and couldn't even be properly balanced unless Focused Run or Battle Frenzy was completely redone. I assume, at some point in the future, that will be the case; but it's a low priority right now until they figure out what option could be added to boots to make them a viable choice.
    • @Acoustic I appreciate the criticism about tagging developers it is a bad habit that I picked up at some point and it needs to stop. However I will keep trying to brain storm ways how to balance out this kite/reset meta it is not fun gameplay. Even many I talk to after Corrupted fights playing the builds say they hate it but they have to play it because it is so broken.
    • Tabor wrote:

      @Acoustic I appreciate the criticism about tagging developers it is a bad habit that I picked up at some point and it needs to stop. However I will keep trying to brain storm ways how to balance out this kite/reset meta it is not fun gameplay. Even many I talk to after Corrupted fights playing the builds say they hate it but they have to play it because it is so broken.
      You cant do anything about it.

      Max tankinness and max mobility means you are gonna retreat and there is no other way around it.

      You just have to make tankiness but not max mobility, aaaand not sure devs are gonna change that.
      My YT channel - Solo greataxe killing everything https://www.youtube.com/user/DhaosNK/video=7
    • There are 4 stats on the boots:
      Duration
      Speed
      Cooldown
      Ability

      We can agree Duration and Speed on gravguard are low tier, cooldown is average, and the ability is god tier.
      Also we have to check the similar boots: Valor.
      How can we fix graveguard without making them mandatory AGAIN in zvz? (if you don't know, there were a time when EVERY SINGLE BUILD had them as mandatory, and also many in crystal) Also we have to make sure to not compete too much with Valor.

      Can we increase the duration? Probably not, since every second you're inmune to CC is precious and it would just improve an already fantastic ability.
      Can we increase the speed? Probably, up to 45-50%, since the duration is lower than regular run, you exchange the power of the ability with the consistency of run. It could have also a inverse soldier boots effect maybe, with a good (idk, 100%) speed first and rapidly decreasing down to 40%.
      Can we decrease the cooldown? Probably not, same reason as duration. But it could be increased to apply better numbers in Duration or Speed without breaking them.
      Can we improve the ability? without breaking them? I think not. But it could be "reworked" for something similar to make it distinctive enough from Valor. Or the ability could be toned down to make room for better stats in other area.

      The main issue with Graveguard, is the ability is TOO GOOD for it own safety, and you can't really buff much on it without making it risk beign too powerful. The other issue is that Boots of Valor are TOO SIMILAR.
    • Gabumon wrote:

      There are 4 stats on the boots:
      Duration
      Speed
      Cooldown
      Ability

      We can agree Duration and Speed on gravguard are low tier, cooldown is average, and the ability is god tier.
      Also we have to check the similar boots: Valor.
      How can we fix graveguard without making them mandatory AGAIN in zvz? (if you don't know, there were a time when EVERY SINGLE BUILD had them as mandatory, and also many in crystal) Also we have to make sure to not compete too much with Valor.

      Can we increase the duration? Probably not, since every second you're inmune to CC is precious and it would just improve an already fantastic ability.
      Can we increase the speed? Probably, up to 45-50%, since the duration is lower than regular run, you exchange the power of the ability with the consistency of run. It could have also a inverse soldier boots effect maybe, with a good (idk, 100%) speed first and rapidly decreasing down to 40%.
      Can we decrease the cooldown? Probably not, same reason as duration. But it could be increased to apply better numbers in Duration or Speed without breaking them.
      Can we improve the ability? without breaking them? I think not. But it could be "reworked" for something similar to make it distinctive enough from Valor. Or the ability could be toned down to make room for better stats in other area.

      The main issue with Graveguard, is the ability is TOO GOOD for it own safety, and you can't really buff much on it without making it risk beign too powerful. The other issue is that Boots of Valor are TOO SIMILAR.
      Valor is trash tier. Absolutely pure trash. I tried using them in ZvZ. Guess what ? 2 seconds is not enough. I didn´t get CC in 2 seconds and died because of that. I am sorry, but that´s dogshit. It has no place anywhere. Maybe as a meme build, but that´s about it.

      And no, graveguard boots aren´t that good. The ability isn´t god tier. It´s anything but that.It can also be purged.

      You want to know what´s god tier ? Scholar sandals. That shit restores 25% of my energy capacity. It ´s channeled, meaning it can´t be purged. While you channel, you are immune to Roots, Movement impairing effects, and Stuns. Even if you get hit by grovekeeper, you won´t get stunned. Now that´s God Tier.
      My YT channel - Solo greataxe killing everything https://www.youtube.com/user/DhaosNK/video=7
    • Borbarad wrote:

      Gabumon wrote:

      There are 4 stats on the boots:
      Duration
      Speed
      Cooldown
      Ability

      We can agree Duration and Speed on gravguard are low tier, cooldown is average, and the ability is god tier.
      Also we have to check the similar boots: Valor.
      How can we fix graveguard without making them mandatory AGAIN in zvz? (if you don't know, there were a time when EVERY SINGLE BUILD had them as mandatory, and also many in crystal) Also we have to make sure to not compete too much with Valor.

      Can we increase the duration? Probably not, since every second you're inmune to CC is precious and it would just improve an already fantastic ability.
      Can we increase the speed? Probably, up to 45-50%, since the duration is lower than regular run, you exchange the power of the ability with the consistency of run. It could have also a inverse soldier boots effect maybe, with a good (idk, 100%) speed first and rapidly decreasing down to 40%.
      Can we decrease the cooldown? Probably not, same reason as duration. But it could be increased to apply better numbers in Duration or Speed without breaking them.
      Can we improve the ability? without breaking them? I think not. But it could be "reworked" for something similar to make it distinctive enough from Valor. Or the ability could be toned down to make room for better stats in other area.

      The main issue with Graveguard, is the ability is TOO GOOD for it own safety, and you can't really buff much on it without making it risk beign too powerful. The other issue is that Boots of Valor are TOO SIMILAR.
      Valor is trash tier. Absolutely pure trash. I tried using them in ZvZ. Guess what ? 2 seconds is not enough. I didn´t get CC in 2 seconds and died because of that. I am sorry, but that´s dogshit. It has no place anywhere. Maybe as a meme build, but that´s about it.
      And no, graveguard boots aren´t that good. The ability isn´t god tier. It´s anything but that.It can also be purged.

      You want to know what´s god tier ? Scholar sandals. That shit restores 25% of my energy capacity. It ´s channeled, meaning it can´t be purged. While you channel, you are immune to Roots, Movement impairing effects, and Stuns. Even if you get hit by grovekeeper, you won´t get stunned. Now that´s God Tier.
      downside to scholar sandals is the global cooldown attached.

      Valor and graveguard are basically useless currently
    • I have been running graveguard boots all week. I am running them on halberd and mainly engaging in Outposts/Static dungeon dives/Random dungeon dives/Avalonian dungeon dives/World Boss Dives.

      My observations so far: They lack distance to finish opponents without chain CC. The CC on halberd Q3 is not enough. I am talking like a well-timed double CC 1H mace. In most instances, it is only enough to stick to and finish a healer or a cloth player in groups of 10+. The rest can just run away when they know they are defeated.

      They lack mobility. I think if mobility were not increased, they should increase the CC benefits by offering displacement resist similar to knight helm so you can walk through Wall of Flames/Wind Wall. It's the only thing I can think of other than increasing the duration that would be viable.

      The post was edited 1 time, last by Parallel ().

    • Parallel wrote:

      I have been running graveguard boots all week. I am running them on halberd and mainly engaging in Outposts/Static dungeon dives/Random dungeon dives/Avalonian dungeon dives/World Boss Dives.

      My observations so far: They lack distance to finish opponents without chain CC. The CC on halberd Q3 is not enough. I am talking like a well-timed double CC 1H mace. In most instances, it is only enough to stick to and finish a healer and a cloth player.

      They lack mobility. I think if mobility were not increased, they should increase the CC benefits by offering displacement resist similar to knight helm so you can walk through Wall of Flames/Wind Wall. It's the only thing I can think of other than increasing the duration that would be viable.
      I honestly don’t understand why they made boots of valor and graveguard tbh there ability’s are basically the same thing and increasing valor cc immunity trigger time and run duration time would fix both. Honestly valor or gg boots need a complete rework so there not the same thing.
    • when grave guard came out there was no point to running regular run or use scholar sandals or any other boots for that matter cause it can be used to run over cc any zerg might throw

      when valor came out it was unreliable cause half of the time the initial boost sucks and even when you managed to get it off by perfecting the timing the move speed will put you out of position when engaging by going in too deep.

      valor as i see it is only good as a running away boots in line with something like demon boots

      in this game move speed and mobility is king but the most important factor is the reliability of the move speed. thats why sandals of purity is so expensive because of the low CD even if it gives less space per use it still give more space over several uses than regular run and it provides some immunity to most common cc methods "slows"
      https://forum.albiononline.com/index.php/Thread/155980-The-Forums-Could-Use-a-Night-Mode-Theme/

      Contribute to Night Mode with the link above

      FYI here is a picture me hugging Night Mode