Graveguard Boots Need Buff

• New

You need to give it at least some actual run speed. Being able to use boots to get through windwall does no good if you cannot actually move any distance while doing so. The target using windwall simply runs further away from you easily after you use your boots to get through the broken windwall every 30 seconds with their better mobility boots. It can be the exact same as run except it is not blocked by movement impairing effects that is fine. Just is useless to have boots for this purpose if they are stuck in the sand anyway.
    • New

Tabor wrote:

You need to give it at least some actual run speed. Being able to use boots to get through windwall does no good if you cannot actually move any distance while doing so. The target using windwall simply runs further away from you easily after you use your boots to get through the broken windwall every 30 seconds with their better mobility boots. It can be the exact same as run except it is not blocked by movement impairing effects that is fine. Just is useless to have boots for this purpose if they are stuck in the sand anyway.
      So let's just make them better than every single other boot option in the game again? Sounds like a great idea. Make sure to tag the lead game designer and demand it because you're clearly the expert here and know more than them. Let's just ignore the very obvious fact that in your example the opponent is also using multiple abilities and you're mad you can't counter them with just one. Should we go through the list of abilities you could also be using in that situation to counter it further or is that against the rules because you might actually learn something?

The fact you don't understand what the problem here actually is surprises me. I expect too much, I guess.
    • New

Borbarad wrote:

yep, basic run is 70% for 7 seconds, while graveguard is 40% speed for 5 seconds. That´s just worthless.

Now if it was 50% speed for 7 seconds, that could be somewhat alright for some builds. Any bit of speed counts.
      So then you'd never use Run because on most boot options it's a directly inferior option instead of something that could have a side-use because the item's main ability isn't a movespeed buff. That isn't how balance works. It's both hilarious and sad that people are trying to comment on balance changes (and tagging in a developer jesus christ what the fuck are you thinking no wonder they don't listen to us) without understanding the basic concepts of balance.

Is this a concept that actually has to be explained to you because of a lack of understanding? Because look at Focused Run and Battle Frenzy and see how these two abilities differ to make them balanced and viable in different situations without one being clearly mathematically better than the other (like you're both demanding because apparently you don't care about actual balance but rather you want one button answers to everything in the game). The only issue you could make a potential argument for is that one is more useful right now in the current meta than the other, but the change isn't, "make Graveguard Boots the only boot option that is viable again because it's directly better than everything".

Want an actual suggestion on how to make Battle Frenzy a more attractive choice? Make it so you can't toggle off Focused Run early. Right now if I wanted to counter Black Hands, I could simply wait for the first hit to appear and pop my Focused Run for half a second to absorb the CC effect and go about my day or use it only for as long as I feel it's necessary instead of actually having to weigh in the fact it's a channel and improper timing could result in the enemy abusing the next 4 seconds of me being unable to do anything else. That would make Battle Frenzy a more viable option over Focused Run because the main point of the ability is that you're given less movement speed, but can actively fight during it's duration with a movespeed buff+movement impairing effect immunity.

There was a reason Graveguard Boots were nerfed, because they were honestly the only boot option you ever needed period. 80% movement speed for 5 seconds while being immune to most CC effects in the game was absurd and couldn't even be properly balanced unless Focused Run or Battle Frenzy was completely redone. I assume, at some point in the future, that will be the case; but it's a low priority right now until they figure out what option could be added to boots to make them a viable choice.
    • New

@Acoustic I appreciate the criticism about tagging developers it is a bad habit that I picked up at some point and it needs to stop. However I will keep trying to brain storm ways how to balance out this kite/reset meta it is not fun gameplay. Even many I talk to after Corrupted fights playing the builds say they hate it but they have to play it because it is so broken.
    • New

Tabor wrote:

@Acoustic I appreciate the criticism about tagging developers it is a bad habit that I picked up at some point and it needs to stop. However I will keep trying to brain storm ways how to balance out this kite/reset meta it is not fun gameplay. Even many I talk to after Corrupted fights playing the builds say they hate it but they have to play it because it is so broken.
      You cant do anything about it.

Max tankinness and max mobility means you are gonna retreat and there is no other way around it.

You just have to make tankiness but not max mobility, aaaand not sure devs are gonna change that.