Reminder: Rules on Multiple User Accounts

    This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

    • Reminder: Rules on Multiple User Accounts

      Hi everyone,

      As we have a lot of new players joining the world of Albion, we think it’s a good chance to reiterate the rules regarding multiple User Accounts.

      Having multiple User Accounts is generally allowed with some rules, as defined in §11.2 of our Terms of Service:

      11.2 Multiple registrations, as well as setting up and operating multiple User Accounts at our Services are allowed. However, if the User is playing the Game with multiple Characters at the same time, all of the following rules must be followed: i) the Characters may not interact or cooperate with each other if they are located outside of a city, hideout, personal island, or guild island, ii) the Characters may not engage in combat together, iii) the Characters may not act as scouts for each other, iv) the Characters must have active Premium status

      The use of multiple User Accounts outside of this ruleset is referred to as ‘Multi-accounting’ and is strictly prohibited. Some of examples of what you should NOT do are:
      • Scouting the entrances of dungeons or clusters for the main account (Also referred to as ‘Alt-Scouting’)
      • Engaging in PvP with both accounts in the open world
      • Using an account as ‘bait’


      Some examples of what you can do are:
      • Using both characters on your Player Island to harvest your farm
      • Have both characters gathering in different clusters, as long as they are not neighbouring clusters
      • Have each character in a different city to look at market prices


      Players found participating in Multi-accounting will be penalized heavily. Should you come across such rule-breaking behavior, please reach out to our support team with any evidence you have.


      - Mytherceria & Support Team

      Mytherceria#3744
    • i) the Characters may not interact or cooperate with each other if they are located outside of a city, hideout, personal island, or guild island
      This rule should really just be re-written as "More than one character may not be present in the open world at one time." I asked support if I was allowed to have two character in the open world on complete other sides of the world at the same time, and was told it was against the rules. At that point. The rules should just say that instead of using vague wordage like "cooperate".

      If you are going to draw a line. Draw a clear line.
    • Trial_hard wrote:

      Question - you play CD on 2 accounts and just A-Out to skip pve and downtime - one from carleton one from merlin's rest - granted they never meet open world

      But .. nobody knows what matchmaking does..

      It never happened to me I am asking a theoretical bquestion..
      This is highly problematic because you could get matched with yourself.

      However, if 1 char players Slayer and the other Stalker - so that you can't get matched with yourself, it would be fine.
    • Trial_hard wrote:

      Strange 2 in open world is explizit allowed look:

      Some examples of what you can do are
      • Have both characters gathering in different clusters

      The specific question I asked was: Am I allowed to have two character in the open world, both with premium, transporting goods from one zone to another on opposite sides of the game world. Both being controlled manually.

      The answer I got was, no. That it is against the rules. I am personally unable to do the mental gymnastics to make the rules as they currently stand, make what I asked be against them. In fact I only asked because of how ambiguous SBI makes things and how seemingly arbitrary they choose to view things as being legal or not legal game play.

      Honestly I was really disappointed, because as you point out not only was what I asked, to me, completely within the rules. But other players get to do things very similar without repercussions. The rules just don't really make any sense or they are being enforced in ways that don't make sense.

      I just want it made clear to me why things like gathering on two character in the open world is fine, but transporting on two characters is not fine. Currently we don't have that.
    • Trial_hard wrote:

      Strange 2 in open world is explizit allowed look:

      Some examples of what you can do are
      • Have both characters gathering in different clusters


      Hi, to clarify, in general both characters can gather in different clusters. However, if you are gathering in neighbouring clusters, this is not allowed. I will update my original post to reflect this.

      Mytherceria#3744
    • Piddle wrote:

      The specific question I asked was: Am I allowed to have two character in the open world, both with premium, transporting goods from one zone to another on opposite sides of the game world. Both being controlled manually.
      I assumed this is allowed because i've seen agresor do it a few times on stream. (i think it was aggressor mightve been varis not sure)
    • wolfo70 wrote:

      Piddle wrote:

      The specific question I asked was: Am I allowed to have two character in the open world, both with premium, transporting goods from one zone to another on opposite sides of the game world. Both being controlled manually.
      I assumed this is allowed because i've seen agresor do it a few times on stream. (i think it was aggressor mightve been varis not sure)
      I got a very explicit "No" to the question "Am I allowed to have two characters active in the open world under any set of circumstances?"

      This is exactly what I am talking about. The rules barely matter when it is up to whomever is interpreting them at any given moment, and because of that the rules lose a lot of value.

      So now I am stuck. We have two admins telling people they can gather and do CDs on multiple characters at the same time, but I can't transport with two characters because the only ruling I can give any merit to at all is the one that I specifically went to the effort to ask through support. I can't even leave town on two characters or I am a cheater, but they can somehow do it and just be like, "Well someone else told me I could."

      Quoting the rules at us over and over is miserable when they interpret those rules differently for different people.
    • MadSergio wrote:

      Don't what to be banned. So. What I use alt account for: my alt acoount is in yellow zone on OX. I gather resources in red zone and when I'm full I move all resources to alt and go back to red zone. So that I don't need to go to the city every 20 minutes.

      Is it accaptable?

      No, u dont.

      its broke the first rule : i) the Characters may not interact or cooperate with each other if they are located outside of a city, hideout, personal island, or guild island,
    • MadSergio wrote:

      Don't what to be banned. So. What I use alt account for: my alt acoount is in yellow zone on OX. I gather resources in red zone and when I'm full I move all resources to alt and go back to red zone. So that I don't need to go to the city every 20 minutes.

      Is it accaptable?

      This is not allowed, as you are having both characters trading (ie. interacting/cooperating) with each other in the open world.

      Mytherceria#3744
    • Mytherceria wrote:

      11.2 Multiple registrations, as well as setting up and operating multiple User Accounts at our Services are allowed. However, if the User is playing the Game with multiple Characters at the same time, all of the following rules must be followed: i) the Characters may not interact or cooperate with each other if they are located outside of a city, hideout, personal island, or guild island, ii) the Characters may not engage in combat together, iii) the Characters may not act as scouts for each other, iv) the Characters must have active Premium status
      Okay, so by the letter of this rule according to rule IV"characters must have premium" you are prohibited from trading silver from your Premium account to a non-premium account unless you use a building or something to transfer funds. So even just logging in together on your island and trading silver to your non-premium alt is a violation of this rule the way it reads here. That seems a little heavy handed. I know there's a work around, but that part seems unnecessary.
      Edit: @Piddle that's an outright contradiction to what everyone else is being told and I think the person from customer care who sent that is flat out wrong and they should escalate your question to management and retrain the staff in lieu of trying to re-educate the player base. You are justified in being upset, but on the whole I think the support folks do a pretty good job so maybe cut them some slack once they unfuck themselves. Until then, I'll take an extra pitchfork if you got one :)

      The post was edited 1 time, last by ferredoxin ().