Knockdown of faction flagged players in blue and yellow zones.

• Knockdown of faction flagged players in blue and yellow zones.

In dev talk they announced that players will only be knocked out of faction after losing all hp in blue and yellow zones. I used to have fun killing and fighting gankers in side bluezones. It was a good small scale content to walk into Ferndell for example and just fight 4-8 enemies trying to gank the road. Now with the rework there's no point of ganking bluezones, it won't be efficient.
      So the devs are killing off smaller scale content and focusing on large scale faction fights.
      Now I'll have to venture into redzone for rewarding small scale fight? Where zergs are already roaming.
    • To be honest this is a mess.

What happend to all the pvp were you only get knocked off for example blue zone hellgates or arena to some extent ? Yes, people show up in 8.3 masterpice gear and want to clap. Maybe thats a nice silver sink but its not a good way to bring new people into zvz.

Giving zones and factions who hold zones benefits also kills the light element to to join whatever faction you want to in order to make a good fight happen. Also, if our devs believe that "significant" rewards are ignored by the big alliances i can't help but laugh. Again a light element of current faction pvp is replaced with rewards tied to dominate over other factions wich will lead to landslide victories for one faction and blackzone zvz guilds will take over to grab just another goodie bag in the red zones. It will also mean a lot more mandatory cta's for zvz guild players.

I'd love a faction zvz revamp and extending the system but it needs to keep this no consequence feeling to just grab the faction you like , have fun in a zvz and after dying maybe just grab the faction you fought against to jump right back into the action.
    • Before the chicken littles of this forum start running around screaming "the sky is falling".

Remember, we don't have half of the information to make any sort of informed decision as to the impact the new faction system will have on PvP or anything else in the game.

Until its at least on the test server, you are just making uneducated guesses as to what impact the changes will have.
      ItsNewbie
      ----------------------
      https://www.aoherald.com/
    • ItsNewbie wrote:

Before the chicken littles of this forum start running around screaming "the sky is falling".

Remember, we don't have half of the information to make any sort of informed decision as to the impact the new faction system will have on PvP or anything else in the game.

Until its at least on the test server, you are just making uneducated guesses as to what impact the changes will have.
      We have more than half the information. Basically whole concept explained with faction map and interface in early development stages. I know for sure that faction gankers' mindset and playstyle in will completely change in bluezones.. if they even exist after this one.
      And of course ZvZ guilds will call CTAs for this sometimes.
      But yeah we don't know the full extent. They were saying something about not owning only faction ops but whole zones. Gotta see how that looks.
    • I believe with this patch much more people will play Faction Warfare.

And what if there will be CTAs for this occasion, you can just join them and play with them.
      Playing alongside a good coordinated team, might help you win against the enemy.

..and it is still in development, already a lot of player complaining about the yellow zone restrictions. I think there is a high chanche that they will let the yellow zones stay the same as before.
    • New

I think its a step in the right direction :)
      I just hope they scale the reward correct, so new players benefit from doing faction runs in blue, yellow zone.
      Rewards in blue/yellow zone should be good enough so people can farm these for gear to enable them, and encourage them for the next step red zone faction warfare.
      And of cause some goodies for veteran players who does faction stuff in red zone.
      I would also like to see faction only dungeons, so when u enter you cant just un flag faction and grief on someone.
      Imho u should only be able to unflag faction at either a faction base, or the faction officer, so no more 0 sec unflagging when entering a ava gate.

Rewards i would like to see is, faction *Only* gear, that u can only wear when enlisted.
      I would also like to see faction crafters come into play, where you can craft faction gear as a crafter with special bonuses, those items will only be usable when enlisted.

Having special hideouts for factions where people can meet craft etc etc would also be great.
      I do hope that faction capes will be de evaluated in terms of silver cost, so newer players can afford them earlier.
      Basically i want all faction gear to be only usable when enlisted, this however raises another issue, witch is what about the current faction gear.
      This can be solved by making a cape crafter tree, with similar capes that can be crafted with artifacts or something.
      In my book its like wearing a chelsa hooligan suit while u attend to a soccer match with arsenal vs Liverpool.

Oh well just my 2 cents.