Dev Talk: Development Update November 2020

• Odelll wrote:

Obelis wrote:

In support of that is providing a low risk, inclusive environment where players can try out PvP without breaking their banks. This also allows players to become comfortable with the idea of PvP, while simultaneously forming bonds with other Faction members to both strengthen their Faction identity, as well as provide them with allies for the future.
      So, how about giving new players a soulbound status in which they can retain T4 and below items on death in faction pvp until they reach friendly rank with at least 1 faction. Maybe even indicate this status with an altered icon highlighting to friendly and hostile players that the player is unexperienced and will not drop loot?
      I just feel like reducing the effective size of true faction warfare map while creating pockets with special rules will be confusing and end up with various loopholes experienced players will take advantage of, one example would be tricking/forcing new players into red zones and ganking them (like people already do to AFK people in yellow zones).
      the rpoblem is that some gankers are toxic and will kill anybody, some are not for the loot but for the feeling that make them feel better. Example- bz ganking sometimes you find scouts that wanna maybe set their hideout as home etc. but I experienced that some players just run after you the whole ass map while somebody is transporting on the other side lol.
    • tabooshka wrote:

JonnnyBones wrote:

so if you aren't risking anything
      you are risking silver just like any other activity
      if you die in pvp, you lose silver

if you die in hce you lose silver

pretty simple concept to grasp

But this is what happens when one dimensional "thinkers" go to forums
      Oh I had no idea that the consequence for dieing in there was the exact same as the consequence for dying in PVP. And you're calling me a 1 dimensional thinker, look at what you just wrote ROFL. That might be the dumbest thing I've ever read on these forums, & that is quite the accomplishment. Congratulations, you deserve a gold star to let everyone know how special you are.
    • JonnnyBones wrote:

tabooshka wrote:

JonnnyBones wrote:

so if you aren't risking anything
      you are risking silver just like any other activityif you die in pvp, you lose silver

if you die in hce you lose silver

pretty simple concept to grasp

But this is what happens when one dimensional "thinkers" go to forums
      Oh I had no idea that the consequence for dieing in there was the exact same as the consequence for dying in PVP. And you're calling me a 1 dimensional thinker, look at what you just wrote ROFL. That might be the dumbest thing I've ever read on these forums, & that is quite the accomplishment. Congratulations, you deserve a gold star to let everyone know how special you are.

yes i have to explain things to dummys like you
    • HCEs are the unbalacend shit in this game zero risk at all. If you are dead in a pvp event you are losing your gear/loot and giving pvp fame for the Killer. While Hce players getting a shit ton of silver in Higher lvls, dont lose there gear. And now the Hce players will come and say "but if you die you have to pay the repair bill and its High" what a shit show.

Pve content in this Game is so easy i need maybe 1h to get the skills and the positioning to do high lvl hces. and gaining like 2m silver every lvl 15-18 map when not even more. in like 20-30 mins. If you died once you have to pay 250k arround to repair. Where is the Risk v Reward ? no risk so the reward should be way lower.

And now people will maybe come with " but we have to pay for 8.3 gear to do it " but this gear is an investment you know ?! so basicly if you dont want to do HCes anymore you can sell it for a little less or even higher in price.
    • Valon001 wrote:

HCEs are the unbalacend shit in this game zero risk at all. If you are dead in a pvp event you are losing your gear/loot and giving pvp fame for the Killer. While Hce players getting a shit ton of silver in Higher lvls, dont lose there gear. And now the Hce players will come and say "but if you die you have to pay the repair bill and its High" what a shit show.

Pve content in this Game is so easy i need maybe 1h to get the skills and the positioning to do high lvl hces. and gaining like 2m silver every lvl 15-18 map when not even more. in like 20-30 mins. If you died once you have to pay 250k arround to repair. Where is the Risk v Reward ? no risk so the reward should be way lower.

And now people will maybe come with " but we have to pay for 8.3 gear to do it " but this gear is an investment you know ?! so basicly if you dont want to do HCes anymore you can sell it for a little less or even higher in price.
      Reading what you write causes grace and a bit of shame, you are one of the few who is writing very ridiculous things in a forum and a post that refers to an update from a very different context.

The same goes for those 5 or 6 dissatisfied who believe that giving an informed and explicit opinion will make them take into account, when the hundreds of players who really enjoy the game, I am sure they will adapt in a good way to all changes and enjoys how me of what is unfolding for the future.

Don't be childish and relax, it's a fun and adventure game, it's not real life.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Theon ().

• - 1x1 does not work. Its fully depended on luck(balance issues). And at 50% of cases you just running with the new one skipper.
      - 2x2 does not work. There are heal + claymore and quartstaff + dagger in the most of cases(balance issues). Other options are week.
      - ZVZ doe not work. Queues abuses(zone lock), zerg debuff abuses(boom pack), etc.
      - stable high ping(140-200) at a lot of
      - disconnecting
      - "black square" bug. Every albion player knows, what is it.
      - data races between players in pvp
      - open world is broken. People walking on mamonths alone through black zones with all those bubbles, passive wait buffs, etc. SOLO WITH A MAMONTH, CARL!

It's great, that you think about new content and so on. But may be, there is some reason to concentrate on existing one? Because it's current state is terrible(((
    • People complain about having no people on open world while are you moving with a T5 fucking blob with 10 guilds in your alliance?
      Peple dare to say black zone is dead while you have 11 fucking HO's in your map?
      People can say that we have no pvp anymore while we have 20 gankers at BZ portal maps 24/7?
      People say there is no players to kill while you are ganking Blue zones as faccion flag and killing t4 noobs every single day?

Stop having 20k allies and you will find people to kill and content to do.
    • GokuBlackBR wrote:

People complain about having no people on open world while are you moving with a T5 fucking blob with 10 guilds in your alliance?
      Peple dare to say black zone is dead while you have 11 fucking HO's in your map?
      People can say that we have no pvp anymore while we have 20 gankers at BZ portal maps 24/7?
      People say there is no players to kill while you are ganking Blue zones as faccion flag and killing t4 noobs every single day?

Stop having 20k allies and you will find people to kill and content to do.
      truth I say no alliance and hand hold if you want but you will take friendly fire
    • delete ho's or make them 1 per 2-3 clusters, delete every protecting bubbles.. nerf loot from CD (stop rewarding rats) buff demon loot. buff gathering. delete resources enchanting, rework journals system. NERF HCE force all this f2p n**bs to move ass from city..
      cap alliances to 300 and guilds to 50, delete queues system. give terri more value. make this game hardcore and fun to play like it was before queen.
    • deenne wrote:

delete ho's or make them 1 per 2-3 clusters, delete every protecting bubbles.. nerf loot from CD (stop rewarding rats) buff demon loot. buff gathering. delete resources enchanting, rework journals system. NERF HCE force all this f2p n**bs to move ass from city..
      cap alliances to 300 and guilds to 50, delete queues system. give terri more value. make this game hardcore and fun to play like it was before queen.
      THIS!

Like srsly this game isn't even designed for large scale battles, usually it becomes a lag fiesta and cluster queues will never be perfect no matter how hard you try to rework them, they just suck. Large naps take over more and more territories while small guilds are meaningful in black zone, focus on changing this aspect of the game! Protecting bubbles near portal maps are fine but a bubble from HO to HO in most black zones? Cmon you have to put a limit of 2/3 hideouts per map or change it so only guild members will be allowed to enter the hideout.
      SHOGVN